The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    We can't have nice things around here..
    Looks like I was half right. Ruined a thread, just  not this one...yet
    This is all really blowing up what I'm supposed to be doing, writing performance reviews.  I hate doing them but got to get them done.  My pending financial ruin from the lawsuit is very distracting.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:
    what are you two talking about?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Bloomburg came across as arrogant. He kept his cool but simply because he doesn't care what others think, No way Americans would elect a guy like this, would we?? :)
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    mrussel1 said:
    A dumpster fire occurred in the Bloomberg thread. Go visit the closed thread and see what you can piece together from the editing job going on. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    This is all really blowing up what I'm supposed to be doing, writing performance reviews.  I hate doing them but got to get them done.  My pending financial ruin from the lawsuit is very distracting.  
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A dumpster fire occurred in the Bloomberg thread. Go visit the closed thread and see what you can piece together from the editing job going on. 
    yeah, just came across that. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Bloomburg came across as arrogant. He kept his cool but simply because he doesn't care what others think, No way Americans would elect a guy like this, would we?? :)

I hope not.  The thought of someone buying the presidency... augh!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Frankly we don’t even need that thread. It’s just an extension of this one anyway. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Frankly we don’t even need that thread. It’s just an extension of this one anyway. 
    It's nice to have a place to hammer on that goober specifically though
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's nice to have a place to hammer on that goober specifically though
    Yeah I guess that's true. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I'd love to see a ticket of two women trounce trump. he'd have a heart attack while taking his next McDump. 
    A 2 woman ticket would piss all over trump! 
    Nice....
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I'd love to see a ticket of two women trounce trump. he'd have a heart attack while taking his next McDump. 
    Nice....
    I just realized that Cincy's comment could be a pun from the Russian pee tape.  Did I just catch what everyone else thought?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Nice....
    I just realized that Cincy's comment could be a pun from the Russian pee tape.  Did I just catch what everyone else thought?
    Maybe I'm the only one that caught it...

In a more serious reply, no way there will be a two-woman ticket.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    fzoglmafzoglma Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    Pete - I like Him - He's the only sensible one of the whole bunch...  Don't give a shit if he's gay.
    Warren - Bat Shit Crazy...
    Bernie - No way this man wins a national election - Trump wins hands down...
    Biden - Old Goat who's as crooked as Trump and been in DC WAY too long...
    Bloomberg - Another Rich Arrogant Old Goat trying to buy his way into White House...
    Klobuchar -  Don't think she has a chance in hell...

It was fun watching them claw at each other last night though!!!  I hate to say it...  But I truely believe Trump wins again in 2020

Post edited by fzoglma on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,111
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Nice....
    That SNL skit just writes itself.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited February 2020
    For those of us who don't care for a revolution as much as we care about simply getting rid of Donald Trump, last night was....less than ideal.

Amy...I've liked her, but it's time to hang 'em up. Let her supporters gravitate towards a moderate with a better chance.

Pete...The calmest person on the stage...but came across too mean spirited, especially towards Amy.

Joe...Solid debate performance. But should've gone after Bernie more. Overshadowed by the Liz's angry performance.

Angry Liz...Did she join Bernie's campaign? I understand she hates billionaires, and she certainly bloodied up Mike but....in order for her to gain traction, she needed to take on the front runner, who just happens to be the only guy left of her. What an odd performance. It's like she is conceding the race to Bernie and wants to just make his path easier.

Mike...How was he this unprepared? Expectations were low but they had to have prepped him for all the shit the left/Trump was throwing at him over the last week. Wouldn't have been easy, but he could've quickly acknowledged poor behavior in the past, that he learned from it and is sorry---and then pivoted to attacking Trump (to his defense, he did try to go after Trump more so than the others, which is the whole point of the 2020 campaign). Better 2nd hour....nice shot at Bernie but he has to be immensely better next week.

Bernie...One of the two winners from last night. Not because of any of the talk about all the things he actually will not be able to do as president since there is no way the dems will gain 20+ senate seats, but because nobody really came after him---which makes no sense because the guy is the front runner, yet everyone else chose to spend their time going after Bloomberg.

At the end of the day, there was a lot of talk about polices that have zero chance of happening and not nearly enough time devoted to removing the president from office which is WHY THESE PEOPLE ARE RUNNING IN THE FIRST PLACE. So fucking frustrating.

I don't think much has changed. Sanders might be stronger, Bloomberg might be weaker. Overall, the republicans loved what they saw and Trump's chances improved a bit. 

Ugh.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Here's an interesting article by Dreher that discusses the aversion that the far left wing of the queer community have against Pete.  It's another interesting read to stimulate conversation.  
    https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/gays-who-hate-pete-buttigieg/
  • Options
    A tip of the cap to you, Miss Corningstone.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Here's an interesting article by Dreher that discusses the aversion that the far left wing of the queer community have against Pete.  It's another interesting read to stimulate conversation.  
    Some of these people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum are just wackos. I'm sure most reasonable gay people feel that his political success further normalizes being gay, and they probably appreciate that. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    hilarious....she fucking destroyed him

Honestly I wasn't aware of Bloomberg's skeletons....what the fuck made him think he could get beyond those in the party that forced out Al Franken?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Honestly I wasn't aware of Bloomberg's skeletons....what the fuck made him think he could get beyond those in the party that forced out Al Franken?
    I could think of about 50 billion reasons he would think that. 

Frankly, I think he's even more out of touch with common people than Trump is. If nothing else, Trump can at least put on a façade and trick people into thinking he's championing them. Bloomberg has no hope. I think he's less electable in a general than Biden for sure, and maybe, just maybe, even Sanders. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Some of these people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum are just wackos. I'm sure most reasonable gay people feel that his political success further normalizes being gay, and they probably appreciate that. 
    Yes!  And that's the point!  The Civil Rights movement was about the AA community participating fully in the American dream.  I thought the gay movement was the same.  Now I don't expect people to be homogeneous, but don't trash the guy for wanting a partner, a kid, a picket fence.  That's his choice and now it's available to him.  So what if being gay is just one part of his identity, not his whole identity.  
  • Options

Frankly, I think he's even more out of touch with common people than Trump is. If nothing else, Trump can at least put on a façade and trick people into thinking he's championing them. Bloomberg has no hope. I think he's less electable in a general than Biden for sure, and maybe, just maybe, even Sanders. 
    I would not count him out...primarly because of all those reasons you mentioned. However if he is not immensely better next week, then yeah...focus your money on whoever is the nominee. He should've been better equipped to handle that onslaught last night. He has some of the best people in politics working for him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,111

Maybe since they had a VP and are currently running the same guy that sniff and touches girls/women inappropriately he felt it was a safe place?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

I would not count him out...primarly because of all those reasons you mentioned. However if he is not immensely better next week, then yeah...focus your money on whoever is the nominee. He should've been better equipped to handle that onslaught last night. He has some of the best people in politics working for him. 
    He should bankroll Pete.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

He should bankroll Pete.  
    Problem is time is running out. I think we're headed for a contested convention.

Aaaand of course Bernie was the only one who wanted to just hand the nomination to the person with the most delegates even if he/she didn't meet the threshold. Opposite position he held four years ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Well that's another thing, since he has an endless supply of money, will he even drop out if he's far behind in delegates? Or will be stick around hoping for a brokered convention and a shot at the nomination that way?

He reminds me a bit of Hillary in that I feel she could have been a fine president, but she was a crappy candidate. Bloomberg's probably the same. I'm sure he could run the country just fine, but connecting with people might be tough. Trump's the complete opposite: great candidate that can connect with people and rile them up, but a crappy president. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Well that's another thing, since he has an endless supply of money, will he even drop out if he's far behind in delegates? Or will be stick around hoping for a brokered convention and a shot at the nomination that way?

He reminds me a bit of Hillary in that I feel she could have been a fine president, but she was a crappy candidate. Bloomberg's probably the same. I'm sure he could run the country just fine, but connecting with people might be tough. Trump's the complete opposite: great candidate that can connect with people and rile them up, but a crappy president. 
    I think the calm, cool, collected approach can work for him....his problem was he just had no answers. That, to me, is inexcusable. I get that he is rusty (been over a decade since he debated and hasn't done any townhals), but come on.

He's banking everything on Super Tuesday. I would be shocked if he stayed in if he does a lot worse than he anticipates. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I think the calm, cool, collected approach can work for him....his problem was he just had no answers. That, to me, is inexcusable. I get that he is rusty (been over a decade since he debated and hasn't done any townhals), but come on.

He's banking everything on Super Tuesday. I would be shocked if he stayed in if he does a lot worse than he anticipates. 
    Yeah his rust, coupled with the other candidates being at this for almost a year, was a recipe for disaster. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.