Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    Bernie should quit whining about Iowa and move on already. Really Bernie, you can’t win coming in second in Iowa? 
    Timestamp on when he "whined" about Iowa the most recent?

https://apple.news/AizHAnpitRHyONtTeS2qU9Q

The ONLY way to beat trump is to pound out the fact that he will rip your healthcare out of your sickly hands if you get sick and rip away your SS and Medicare. Say it so many times it's the only thing they'll know in the swing states.

This squabbling  over whether M4A or M4a as an option is only hurting dems chances to beat trump. 
  • Options
    Bernie should quit whining about Iowa and move on already. Really Bernie, you can’t win coming in second in Iowa? 

The ONLY way to beat trump is to pound out the fact that he will rip your healthcare out of your sickly hands if you get sick and rip away your SS and Medicare. Say it so many times it's the only thing they'll know in the swing states.

This squabbling  over whether M4A or M4a as an option is only hurting dems chances to beat trump. 
    Word by word what Steyer said. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,283

Trumps budget will go far in that regard.  lots of cuts to boost other priorities, like nasa and va.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

This squabbling over whether M4A or M4a as an option is only hurting dems chances to beat trump. 
    FINALLY the Dems are addressing issues that matter to me. The real question is M4A vs. FLAC. How can an M4A file be completely lossless if the file sizes are similar to that of MP3s? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Ain't got a subscription. 

But whatevz. He gets questions about it. He and Petes agrees the popular vote is what counts, so Bernie won - jippie. Pete weasel-pushing the narrative of his win was "smart" but backbone-less. Bernie countered it by him saying how he won for real. just like Biden countered when Pete attacked.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

This squabbling over whether M4A or M4a as an option is only hurting dems chances to beat trump. 
    FINALLY the Dems are addressing issues that matter to me. The real question is M4A vs. FLAC. How can an M4A file be completely lossless if the file sizes are similar to that of MP3s? 
    Those files aren't lossless? Just the same container/format. Different encoding? Or am I wrong?
  • Options

Those files aren't lossless? Just the same container/format. Different encoding? Or am I wrong?
    Yeah I think it's different encoding. Not positive though. I just saw "m4a" and was joking around. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Yeah I think it's different encoding. Not positive though. I just saw "m4a" and was joking around. 
    That I get. M4A(1) was also the weapon of choice if you played CT in Counter-Strike.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,768

But whatevz. He gets questions about it. He and Petes agrees the popular vote is what counts, so Bernie won - jippie. Pete weasel-pushing the narrative of his win was "smart" but backbone-less. Bernie countered it by him saying how he won for real. just like Biden countered when Pete attacked.
    Weasel pushing?  I'd argue the opposite.  Bernie declaring "decisive" victory was much closer to weasely... considering as of this moment, Pete is the winner and has the most SDE's.  Iowa is a caucus and that's how delegates work.  You don't get to declare victory because you won the popular, when that's not how the process is set up.  Just ask Hillary.  
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I'm not a Warren fan, but I've gotta give her credit here. A good line is a good line....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,152

Huh?  Popular vote is what counts...actually it's delegates.  And then its electoral votes.  Seriously, haven;t we already been through this nonense?

And the reality is, Iowa helped Pete and Bernie both.  Hurt Biden and to a lesser extent Warren.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219

Word by word what Steyer said. 

They dont hand out a billion dollars for nothing.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,912
    I'm not a Warren fan, but I've gotta give her credit here. A good line is a good line....

Weird way to word the question but a great answer!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    brianlux said:

Weird way to word the question but a great answer!
    Very off the cuff. Much spontaneity. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,422
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Weasel pushing?  I'd argue the opposite.  Bernie declaring "decisive" victory was much closer to weasely... considering as of this moment, Pete is the winner and has the most SDE's.  Iowa is a caucus and that's how delegates work.  You don't get to declare victory because you won the popular, when that's not how the process is set up.  Just ask Hillary.  
    If you were an honest man, you would say they both were the winners getting the same delegates. That is what it was all about?

And I don't need to ask "Hillary" - I CAN JUST ASK PETE:

"At risk of of sounding a little simplistic, one thing I believe is that in an american presidential election, the person who gets the most votes ought to be the person who wins"

The "Pete standard" as Jake Tapper calls it. And even Pete can't spin it:

https://youtu.be/KpKJJ5lbOS8

(and now you maybe will say  - but that is the presidential election, he didn't say ioooowaaaaaa - he's free on a technicality.

And we all know who famously was let free on a technicality) 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options

She's quick. She's has had some good zingers.

You will be the oldest elected president
    - I will also be the youngest elected female president.

(paraphrasing)

was good too.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    mrussel1 said:

If you were an honest man, you would say they both were the winners getting the same delegates. That is what it was all about?

"At risk of of sounding a little simplistic, one thing I believe is that in an american presidential election, the person who gets the most votes ought to be the person who wins"

(and now you maybe will say  - but that is the presidential election, he didn't say ioooowaaaaaa - he's free on a technicality.

Is this a whine about the electoral college vs. popular vote? If so, I'd hope that a senator was well aware about the rules before starting to play the game and complaining about them. Curiously, and maybe you know better, but after a quick search I can only find record of Sanders calling for abolishing the electoral college as early as July 2019. 

On the Pete thing, I agree with you fully. He took the risk of going on the record about the importance of the popular vote, then deflected when he lost that. It makes him seem more like a typical Washington-type who will say what needs to be said, and I hope that was the last time he goofs like that. He's best when he doubles down on his integrity, instead of this crap. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377

(paraphrasing)

was good too.
    You will be shocked to learn she nicked that line from Hillary...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/hillary-clinton-youngest-woman-president-31746044
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,422
    edited February 2020
    pjl44 said:

(paraphrasing)

was good too.
    You will be shocked to learn she nicked that line from Hillary...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/hillary-clinton-youngest-woman-president-31746044
    Well, no vote for Liz then when they get to my state.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Feels to me like Biden has mentioned the nominees chances to get a Dem Senate, and Bernie hurting those chances 5-6 times the last days. And never before. Am I wrong?

Or is this the latest tactic given to Biden from his people in the "Biden is the electable choice, please buy that" strategy?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Does anyone else feel like Biden gets a free pass with his outbursts? He fat shamed someone about a month ago for asking a question he didn’t like and the other day when asked why he didn’t do better in the first results he called the girl a dog faced pony soldier. 
    I haven’t seen anyone upset about it (although I’m sure there have been) I just see news anchors laughing it off and making jokes about it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You need to check your racist language.  
    mrussel1 said:
    No I'm referring to you, in 2019, using language that we now know has racial undertones.   Be better than that man.  I believe in you.  
    Listen to your favorite candidate saying "thug" in 2020. Language that you know has racial undertones. Should he be better, man. Do you believe in him?

https://youtu.be/QhXqaIAM7FQ
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mace1229 said:
    Does anyone else feel like Biden gets a free pass with his outbursts? He fat shamed someone about a month ago for asking a question he didn’t like and the other day when asked why he didn’t do better in the first results he called the girl a dog faced pony soldier. 
    I haven’t seen anyone upset about it (although I’m sure there have been) I just see news anchors laughing it off and making jokes about it.

I don't give it a pass. That comment totally baffles me. He claims it's a quote from a movie, but if so........ FFS, chose a better quote. Unless we believe now that you can win votes by insulting the people who might vote for you.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Is this a whine about the electoral college vs. popular vote? If so, I'd hope that a senator was well aware about the rules before starting to play the game and complaining about them. Curiously, and maybe you know better, but after a quick search I can only find record of Sanders calling for abolishing the electoral college as early as July 2019. 

On the Pete thing, I agree with you fully. He took the risk of going on the record about the importance of the popular vote, then deflected when he lost that. It makes him seem more like a typical Washington-type who will say what needs to be said, and I hope that was the last time he goofs like that. He's best when he doubles down on his integrity, instead of this crap.
    heard not one fucking word in 16.

Build your own party you carpetbagging piece of shit dirtball.

scumbag like trump.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:

They didn't get the same delegate count, so why would anyone say that?  It's 13-12 currently.  Now that doesn't mean re-canvassing won't flip that, but as of now, it's not a tie.  
    And why are you conflating what Pete thinks the American electoral system should be with what the caucus system actually is in Iowa at this moment?  What does one thing have to do with the other?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You need to check your racist language.  
    mrussel1 said:
    No I'm referring to you, in 2019, using language that we now know has racial undertones.   Be better than that man.  I believe in you.  
    Listen to your favorite candidate saying "thug" in 2020. Language that you know has racial undertones. Should he be better, man. Do you believe in him?

https://youtu.be/QhXqaIAM7FQ
    Yes he should be smarter and better than that, assuming he said what you're saying (which is an assumption).  And so should you.  But I don't watch your clips.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,774
    edited February 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Hannity talked about it last night. And I know the stigma that comes with posting something from Fox News (especially Hannity) around here. But fuck it. When he's defending Trump, he's wrong. But when he's calling out Biden, for me, a lot of the time he's right. Biden's making a fool of himself with some of this shit and to call someone a "dog-faced pony solider" isn't just insulting to the person, he sounded like some relic from the late-1800's or something. Go to the 2:53 mark of the video. 

https://youtu.be/Bp-cD_1Ripk?t=167

Another thing that you won't see covered on the left-leaning networks is that some maniac tried to run over a bunch of republican volunteers in Flordia yesterday as they tried to register people to vote. Drove right into their tent and barely missed running over some elderly volunteers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPn3lyzkL7A

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

This discussion has been closed.