Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Any update from Easy Street???
    Nothing here. To be fair, I haven't reached out to them. Don't want to jinx what's already probably too good to be true. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959
    pjl44 said:
    The Bob Dylan RSD Blood on the Tracks Test Pressing was 7500, and it was hard to find in my opinion.
    Same with The Crow at 8000
    I got lucky with the Crow Soundtrack, I found a copy in Cork Ireland when I was on Vacation in July.
    It found you^^^
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    edited December 2019
    After many cold mornings waiting in line for record store day, I decided to skip out on all that fun, sleep in and take my time showing up since 13000 copies seemed high.

I first went to Everybody's records... Woody said they ordered 100 copies and they only received 5. I knew Plaid Room started the day out with 150 copies since they have an awesome live update website, and to my shock when I left the first record store at noon they were already down to 75 copies...

After a 30 minute drive I checked the website again and they were down to 50. I ran in and snagged one... But I was absolutely floored that by the time the day was over they had sold out.

If there was truly 13000 on the shelves we all underestimated the demand for these... But thinking about it it makes sense as mentioned before. When this came out this was the first time I saw them perform live besides the videos. I remember watching with my parents who grew up in the 70's and they became instant fans. I remember my dad saying "If they rock this hard on acoustic, I could only imagine how awesome they are plugged in!" That's when I dubbed him a copy of Ten. Pearl Jam transcends generations and this show is proof of that.

Maybe at this point we're jaded, or used to Pearl Jam being forgotten. I definitely didn't see this coming, but it makes sense in hindsight.

There can be no possible way that 13,000 were actually available on RSD. I'd bet my house on it. Either way, if people stop being impatient and buying from flippers, the secondary market would disappear. There are few RSD titles that aren't list price or many times cheaper just a year on out from first release. People buy into the hype and FOM. I've been guilty of that in the past, but never again for an RSD title. Remember how everyone was pissing themselves trying to get the RSD Live At Easy Street? That record has been in the shop for a while now and they made way less.
    Obviously not all 13,000 were in store day one, but look how fast the shops with a 100 copies got them snagged up?  Look at how there are already over 2500 of these accounted for on Discogs with over a 1000 people more wanting copies.  That's just on one tracking website.  I'm afraid this one is going to take a long time to drop if it does at all.  I might just have to offer up my PJ20 vinyl and hope someone would consider a swap, I'm not sure I'm all the way there yet though.  
    Post edited by bone on
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2019
    Its only been a few day, no wonder the re-sellers love buyers that have the Veruca mentality

Post edited by MedozK on
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 791
    If anyone needs one or 2 I’ll check my RSD stores for you. I didn’t go looking since it is not the entire show.
  • MedozK said:
    Its only been a few day, no wonder the re-sellers love buyers that have the Veruca mentality

That's why flippers flip stuff.  They don't hold onto it as investments.

Also, it's not just the "I want it now" mentality.  

I got up at 4 am, which is really hard for me with Crohns, and I waited in line from 5-8.  I have friends with more money (and no health issues) who would rather just buy it on ebay than wait in line for 3 hours in the morning.  

If I feel ok, I don't mind waiting in line and talking to like minded music fans, but it must be nice to be rich and just say fuck it I'll buy it on ebay.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 385
    LukinAtU said:
    If anyone needs one or 2 I’ll check my RSD stores for you. I didn’t go looking since it is not the entire show.
    I’d be a happy recipient if you found one. In Canada. Obviously don’t have to say I’d cover all costs. 

Cheers Joe
  • camhendycamhendy Posts: 164
    LukinAtU said:
    This would be amazing.. I'm in Canada as well. None of the record stores in a 100 km radius of me got a single copy. You rock
    2013: London
    2016: Ottawa
    2018: Wrigley 1 & 2
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Innings Fest (EV), Ft Worth 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Seattle 1 & 2

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,278
    LukinAtU said:
    Yes please!!! 
    Still no luck finding one at a fair & reasonable price over here in Aus.... 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    LukinAtU said:
    If you have any luck I'm certainly interested .Thanks
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    edited December 2019
    Same
    Post edited by ChrisdM on
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    edited December 2019
    N/A
    Post edited by ChrisdM on
    Nothing here either and I emailed them 2x
    Nothing here either and I emailed them 2x
    Nothing against Easy Street, but there online orders aren’t the quickest, I have ordered stuff to be put on hold, and pick up the next day and it’s not processed, and the record was still on the floor. Emailing them multiple times isn’t going to help, I believe there online orders is probably one person maybe 2.
  • BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Besides Atlanta 94 this might be pj s most famous performance.  No wonder these flew off the shelves so quickly.  
    Vinyl copy of the Dissident 3 disc digipack for RSD 2020? :)  That would be amazing.
    Oh my goodness yes.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Should one really brag about making money off of Lisa Loeb?  I feel like it’s a cry for help from this young man. 
  • Should one really brag about making money off of Lisa Loeb?  I feel like it’s a cry for help from this young man. 
    I was shocked to learn one could swing a profit off Lisa Loeb. Genuinely shocked.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Just got confirmation from Easy Street. “Order complete, your credit card has been charged.”

TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    Just got confirmation from Easy Street. “Order complete, your credit card has been charged.”

Same for me. I also have a pending charge from Easy Street. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136

I'm sure he's just charging a reasonable fee to compensate for his time waiting in line, packing, and shipping 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

No confirmation e-mail for me yet.

I haven't checked with my CC to see if it's been charged.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    BR2428 said:

Same for me. I also have a pending charge from Easy Street. 
    Same. Email received about an hour ago.
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    Managed to snag the only copy in my local store but will be traveling so won’t get a chance to spin it for a few days. 

How does it sound for those who’ve been spinning it?
  • pjl44 said:

I'm sure he's just charging a reasonable fee to compensate for his time waiting in line, packing, and shipping 
    If artists released enough units this would not be a problem. 

So it's artists (Pearl Jam included) who facilitate this "gig economy".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316

Same for me
  • Has someone been charged by Tony’s Muziekhuis store? I have the order confirmation since Sunday but no charge has been made.. It doesn’t look good, does it?
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    hadrielia said:
    Has someone been charged by Tony’s Muziekhuis store? I have the order confirmation since Sunday but no charge has been made.. It doesn’t look good, does it?
    Mine was charged yesterday (I bought on Saturday morning). I was a bit worried and was going to email them but then the charge changed from pending to merchant approved/claimed.
    Still not had anything other than the original email confirmation though. 
    They are posting on facebook but not mentioned RSD that I've seen. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • AnjarAnjar UK Posts: 42
    I just got a follow up from NorthEndHaarlem.NL about my order and they said they will have Unplugged back in stock in 6 days! They have charged my credit card. Here's the link in case anyone is interested and thinks it is legit. I will just have to watch and wait since my order went in on Sunday when they still had stock showing on the site.
    https://www.northendhaarlem.nl/a-57658412/black-friday-2019/pearl-jam-mtv-unplugged-lp/

• PFox78PFox78 Posts: 22
    For those who got confirmation from Easy Street, what were the order numbers? (Just want to get a sense of where they are in the process.)