Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• AnjarAnjar UK Posts: 42
    demetrios said:
    bone said:
    Interest in this topic sure disappeared with the announcement of tour dates. 
    Not for me.  Another summer euro tour does nothing for me, unless it's to promote a new album.
    Me either. Still looking for unplugged. Europe tour is not an option for me. 
    I'll try to help find you a copy. Europe tour is not an option for me either. Will wait for a tour close to home.
    Thank you!
    Abe, PM me your address, and I’ll send you a copy.  Merry Christmas!
    What a great guy :)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    The Bob Dylan RSD Blood on the Tracks Test Pressing was 7500, and it was hard to find in my opinion.
    Same with The Crow at 8000
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    edited December 2019
    The Bob Dylan RSD Blood on the Tracks Test Pressing was 7500, and it was hard to find in my opinion.
    Funny you mention this. I wound up buying a copy on eBay. However, I signed up for ‘stock email’ on several websites and lo and behold, on Sept 2 I got an email telling me the record was in stock.
    So, anybody who missed out on PJ MTV, sign up for ‘stock emails.’ Turntable Lab and Plaid Room Records do it.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    edited December 2019
    demetrios said:
    Can't add to cart. I called and they won't ship to me over the phone 
    Post edited by NewJPage on
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    demetrios said:
    Can't add to cart. I called and they won't ship to me over the phone 
    Someone near Waterville help me out?😁
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    Ah .. it went up yesterday. Don't remember seeing the add to cart button this morning.

demetrios said:
    Ah .. it went up yesterday. Don't remember seeing the add to cart button this morning.

Pj went up sometime this afternoon 
  • After many cold mornings waiting in line for record store day, I decided to skip out on all that fun, sleep in and take my time showing up since 13000 copies seemed high.

I first went to Everybody's records... Woody said they ordered 100 copies and they only received 5. I knew Plaid Room started the day out with 150 copies since they have an awesome live update website, and to my shock when I left the first record store at noon they were already down to 75 copies...

After a 30 minute drive I checked the website again and they were down to 50. I ran in and snagged one... But I was absolutely floored that by the time the day was over they had sold out.

If there was truly 13000 on the shelves we all underestimated the demand for these... But thinking about it it makes sense as mentioned before. When this came out this was the first time I saw them perform live besides the videos. I remember watching with my parents who grew up in the 70's and they became instant fans. I remember my dad saying "If they rock this hard on acoustic, I could only imagine how awesome they are plugged in!" That's when I dubbed him a copy of Ten. Pearl Jam transcends generations and this show is proof of that.

Maybe at this point we're jaded, or used to Pearl Jam being forgotten. I definitely didn't see this coming, but it makes sense in hindsight.

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    After many cold mornings waiting in line for record store day, I decided to skip out on all that fun, sleep in and take my time showing up since 13000 copies seemed high.

I first went to Everybody's records... Woody said they ordered 100 copies and they only received 5. I knew Plaid Room started the day out with 150 copies since they have an awesome live update website, and to my shock when I left the first record store at noon they were already down to 75 copies...

After a 30 minute drive I checked the website again and they were down to 50. I ran in and snagged one... But I was absolutely floored that by the time the day was over they had sold out.

If there was truly 13000 on the shelves we all underestimated the demand for these... But thinking about it it makes sense as mentioned before. When this came out this was the first time I saw them perform live besides the videos. I remember watching with my parents who grew up in the 70's and they became instant fans. I remember my dad saying "If they rock this hard on acoustic, I could only imagine how awesome they are plugged in!" That's when I dubbed him a copy of Ten. Pearl Jam transcends generations and this show is proof of that.

Maybe at this point we're jaded, or used to Pearl Jam being forgotten. I definitely didn't see this coming, but it makes sense in hindsight.

Very true. The first shop I went to told me they only received two copies but had ordered more. He didn’t say how many. I got there 15 minutes after they opened and the two copies were already sold. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I DON’T CARE
  • pjl44 said:
    Same with The Crow at 8000
    I got lucky with the Crow Soundtrack, I found a copy in Cork Ireland when I was on Vacation in July.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,002
    edited December 2019
    After many cold mornings waiting in line for record store day, I decided to skip out on all that fun, sleep in and take my time showing up since 13000 copies seemed high.

There can be no possible way that 13,000 were actually available on RSD. I'd bet my house on it. Either way, if people stop being impatient and buying from flippers, the secondary market would disappear. There are few RSD titles that aren't list price or many times cheaper just a year on out from first release. People buy into the hype and FOM. I've been guilty of that in the past, but never again for an RSD title. Remember how everyone was pissing themselves trying to get the RSD Live At Easy Street? That record has been in the shop for a while now and they made way less.
    Post edited by lexicondevil on
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • After many cold mornings waiting in line for record store day, I decided to skip out on all that fun, sleep in and take my time showing up since 13000 copies seemed high.

There can be no possible way that 13,000 were actually available on RSD. I'd bet my house on it. Either way, if people stop being impatient and buying from flippers, the secondary market would disappear. There are few RSD titles that aren't list price or many times cheaper just a year on out from first release. People buy into the hype and FOM. I've been guilty of that in the past, but never again for an RSD title. Remember how everyone was pissing themselves trying to get the RSD Live At Easy Street? That record has been in the shop for a while now and they made way less.
    Allotments vary.  Maybe the 13,000 was international, but it's not like half of them didn't make it to record stores.
    Sometimes things get delayed.  Several places said Dave Matthews was delayed, but they knew.

Like I said, my local store, which is at best a "mom and pop shop" had over 20 copies of Pearl Jam.  It might've been 50.  
    Phish was much harder to get.  They pressed 8000, and the store I went to had 4.

Hopefully 10 club has some, but your best bet other than Friday was someplace like bullmoose.  I thought I checked bullmoose website on Sunday, and none of the stores had them so I wasn't looking yesterday or today.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited December 2019
    PeterED said:
    Still no 2nd follow up email from Easy St, still no charge to my card. Still patiently searching, as I don't expect they'll come through. Not holding out hope for a club drop either. Everything about this re
    said:
    lease is weird. I've never had this much hassle copping even the most limited of RSD pieces. 
    I mean, it’s been 5 days since it was released. More will start popping up. Your last sentence should comfort you. There’s 13000 of these things. 
    I couldn't find one in the 4 Toronto shows I went into on Friday. But i did see MANY copies of last year's RSD release. I'd bet money they start to show up.
    I'm also skeptical they are going to show up.  My local store flat out said that they got hosed on RSD and absolutely weren't getting any in.   It was very much a rarity as they are one of the first to put in their RSD orders, and usually get at least some copies of in demand vinyl.

Which last year RSD release are you talking about?   The Easy Street vinyl was an RSD first, so it's now had a non-rsd pressing.   You can find it anywhere.   At this point I'm hoping for two things.  The first is that 10c hoarded away some copies to sell on the website.  The 2nd is that PJ find's a tactful way to do a reissue (as it was listed as an rsd exclusive).   I'm not entirely sure what the consequences are of breaking the RSD exclusive thing.    RSD banks on bands selling stuff, so it's not like you can blacklist them.  I tend to agree with the other posts... I think the demand for this one was unprecedented.  
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    It seems like a lot of stores were shorted on their order and the demand was way higher than anticipated. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    edited December 2019
    Besides Atlanta 94 this might be pj s most famous performance.  No wonder these flew off the shelves so quickly.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited December 2019
    Nevermind 
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    mcgruff10 said:
    Besides Atlanta 94 this might be pj s most famous performance.  No wonder these flew off the shelves so quickly.  
    Vinyl copy of the Dissident 3 disc digipack for RSD 2020? :)  That would be amazing.

I agree with Lexicondevil.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Vinyl copy of the Dissident 3 disc digipack for RSD 2020? :)  That would be amazing.
    Oh hell yes!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
     AND I DON’T GIVE A FUCK
    FIXED

how u mak me typ dat?

I think it's possible.  We've slowly seen pressing sizes increase.   My first RSD was 2011 and 3000 seems to be an average size for a pressing.  Slowly that's increase to 5000, then 7500, then even more.   Most of those were only the N.A. pressing sizes, with the Euro pressing numbers adding to them.   13000 could be possible if it's the international number.  For the stores that got lots of copies the went like hot cakes.   It's not hard to see how they would plowed through so many of them.

On the flip side 10c has put up PJ related RSD titles in the past.   Maybe they secured a thousand or two to put up on the website.   It could bridge the demand vs. quantity arguments.
    edited December 2019
    OOPS
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
     AND I DON’T GIVE A FUCK
    FIXED

how u mak me typ dat?
    Edit when you quote.
    just as an awareness, the mods have given people warnings for doing that in the past. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited December 2019
    Thanks 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Im thinking most copies hit the stores already but how the inventory was distributed seems weird.  Lots of stories of tiny stores getting more than the big ones in town which is kind of cool.  Seems that the 13,000 was definitely shared between US/Europe too.  

Id like to know who actually had the most copies.   Easy Street must have had hundreds.   We know that Plaidroom somehow had 150+.  Bullmoose?  
     AND I DON’T GIVE A FUCK
    FIXED

how u mak me typ dat?
    Edit when you quote.
    just as an awareness, the mods have given people warnings for doing that in the past. 

i like it
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,007
    Any update from Easy Street???
    Any update from Easy Street???
    Not here.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org