Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    Whoever posted the link to easystreet thank you very very much!!!! I appreciate it!
    Yes!!! I ordered mine and the email came through at 1:45 and it looks like the link went down about 2:00 talk about cutting it close
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 894
    I’m curious on what is the difference here on selling this record for more then the purchase price? When others here sell $35.00 SE posters for $800.00+ Or other items are market value? It seems a bit hypocritical?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,444
    I’m curious on what is the difference here on selling this record for more then the purchase price? When others here sell $35.00 SE posters for $800.00+ Or other items are market value? It seems a bit hypocritical?
    The etiquette is time. If you pick up an extra to sell at a markup when a bunch of people get shut out and you list it for said markup the next day, you're gonna catch shit.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,049
    Selling within 24 hours on the official pj site is a complete douche bag move.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    There’s no difference.  For appearances sake people will wait a month or two and then announce they need to sell because their flat file is overflowing or their dog needs a kidney transplant.  

I couldn’t care less as long as people are only buying one of a particular item.  Then it’s your choice if you want to frame, flip or trade the poster or record. Buying multiples is being greedy. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    edited December 2019
    link removed
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by Sea on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,426
    edited December 2019
    Absolutely none.

It gives people something to whine about is all. This release was announced how many months ago? 3-4 months advanced notice. If it was something someone HAD TO HAVE ( as some are making it out to be) there was plenty of time to take a day off from work, skip out on the holiday, drive 2-4 hours, or make some sort of arrangement to get in line and wait for a copy like all the people who are now offending some for selling their personal property at a price that some don’t like, but apparently many are willing to pay.  

I have zero problems with secondary selling. Make a buck if you want, it’s your stuff. I do have a problem with hoarding. Buying more than one to flip, or the old “I love this album so much I need two copies. You know, in case I wear one out.”  You are never going to wear it out. Unless you have a Crosley  or treat your records like shit. I’m still regularly play some of my dad’s records from the late 1950s. That he played the shit out of because he only had a few records. None have worn out. You just want a extra copy to sell at some point to fund your next hobby purchase. Just be honest about it.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,049
    edited December 2019
    It is just pathetic to me that in order to buy a record people have to take a day off from work, drive 2-4 hours and stand in line for a few hours.  Don’t want to take the day off?  Pay premium prices. 
    Give me a break. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2019
    Thats RSD tho.  Its to create hype and get people pouring into independent record stores.  If every release was black and had 20,000 pressed you wouldn't have very good sales numbers on RSD for the shops.  The after effects of flippers and all that sucks but ive seen first hand how tiny shops benefit from RSD.  It really does create new regular customers.

What’s crazy is that to me and a lot of people, the best part of RSD is standing in line with a bunch of cool people and talking music for hours.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 494
    There is none but time.  Honestly IMO people who bought them to flip, trade or keep sealed and stashed away are all the same.  It’s just we call people flippers if they sell them right away and they call themselves record collectors if they are playing the long gain.  Flippers are just easier to get made at because it stings more since it happens right away and most of us who buy records are probably guilty of one of the other two things

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    So all 13000 are gone?? 
    No way there was that many released into the wild was there?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    redraw said:
    So all 13000 are gone?? 
    No way there was that many released into the wild was there?? 
    Zero percent chance all have been released or sold. ZERO PERCENT CHANCE!
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 494
    There has been talk that some stores did not receive their Sony distributed releases.  Sounds like distribution was a mess so more should pop up
  • Options
    Thats RSD tho.  Its to create hype and get people pouring into independent record stores.  If every release was black and had 20,000 pressed you wouldn't have very good sales numbers on RSD for the shops.  The after effects of flippers and all that sucks but ive seen first hand how tiny shops benefit from RSD.  It really does create new regular customers.
    Right.  I was 4 hours away from a record store on Friday morning, so I didn’t bother till Saturday hoping to bottom feed and maybe find a PJ Unplugged. Needless to say I didn’t, but I visited 3 shops and bought something at each. I when grabbed the PJ from Easy Street online. None of that would have happened if not for the hunt that RSD creates.

one of those stores I visited didn’t participate in RSD it’s first year of operation. Its second year it did. I spoke with the owner shortly after and asked how RSD went. He said it saved his business that year, with more sales revenue in one day than he did in the first 4 months of the year. That was 5 years ago, and the shop has expanded since.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,910

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2019
    Right.  I was 4 hours away from a record store on Friday morning, so I didn’t bother till Saturday hoping to bottom feed and maybe find a PJ Unplugged. Needless to say I didn’t, but I visited 3 shops and bought something at each. I when grabbed the PJ from Easy Street online. None of that would have happened if not for the hunt that RSD creates.

one of those stores I visited didn’t participate in RSD it’s first year of operation. Its second year it did. I spoke with the owner shortly after and asked how RSD went. He said it saved his business that year, with more sales revenue in one day than he did in the first 4 months of the year. That was 5 years ago, and the shop has expanded since.
    Thats incredible. 
    My favorite local shop is about 10x30 in size So you can imagine a line roping around the store.  I Became a weekly customer because of RSD four years ago.  I never thought to visit that tiny shop before.  Great owner. Great selection.  You love to see these guys like that benefit from this. What he brings in those two days a year is insane. Hunting down limited releases is a small price to pay as a collector to help keep these smaller shops going. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,039
    Guys, chill. More are gonna pop up. It’s 2 days after the on sale. Pretty much every RSD release is available for retail price a few weeks after.

yes, you may have to wait after the holidays to purchase (when people mark up for secondary sales), but 13k is ALOT of copies. Find your chill. Don’t over pay for this. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,422
    edited December 2019

In response to the email I sent right after purchasing requesting my refund if I did not actually purchase one. From the wording, it sounds like some may have? 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    Thanks 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 626

In response to the email I sent right after purchasing requesting my refund if I did not actually purchase one. From the wording, it sounds like some may have? 
    When I first read this without looking at the original posters handle, I assumed Dr strange was addressing canadian purchasers on a whole....Note:  Am a canuck who ordered from that site....dangit
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Regarding the bootleg CD.... you can report the listing on the eBay listing page.  It is fairly straight forward. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,973

I really dislike that store. They will always take your money for things they don't actually have. To their credit, they do eventually refund you, but this is how they operate.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Velvet Music in Netherlands had same issue as Dr. Strange for an EU copy through Velvet's store. Thought I was done, but now have to find an EU copy...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    So I need to call my credit card company and dispute charges?
    As someone who works in reconciling credit card transactions for a large corporation, NO, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!  Always contact the merchant first to resolve any credit card charges.  If the merchant refuses to resolve it, or resolve it timely, then file a claim.  Disputes with your CC should always be a last resort.
  • Options
    Interest in this topic sure disappeared with the announcement of tour dates. 
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    Not for me.  Another summer euro tour does nothing for me, unless it's to promote a new album.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    bone said:
    Not for me.  Another summer euro tour does nothing for me, unless it's to promote a new album.
    Me either. Still looking for unplugged. Europe tour is not an option for me. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,910
    bone said:
    I'll try to help find you a copy. Europe tour is not an option for me either. Will wait for a tour close to home.
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    edited December 2019
    demetrios said:
    bone said:
    I'll try to help find you a copy. Europe tour is not an option for me either. Will wait for a tour close to home.
    Still looking as well. No answer back from dr. strange yet. 
    Post edited by JBC7913 on