Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,106
    RSD has just become a day for flippers. 100 of em on eBay already. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    RSD has just become a day for flippers. 100 of em on eBay already. 
    hopefully none of them will sell. if we all remain patient....the prices shall come down. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,935
    Patience is key. Don't give those POS your money.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    Patience is key. Don't give those POS your money.
    I never do. It’s just a pain the ass. I was looking forward to spinning this one today. Didn’t think it would be tough to get a copy. Should’ve known.  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Just dropped a 20 dollar premium and 3 bux shipping for live frogs.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    Considering the day after RSD is when all shops put stuff up online, why would you even search ebay for a 13,000 pressed record?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Just letting everyone know. There is a US and EU version. I know for a fact the credits are different on the cover and labels, but not sure if they're totally different cuts. Will need a EU guy to chime in on whats in the runouts.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    eboweddie said:
    Went into a shop in dublin. They had one. Held for some lad. Smart man. 
    I don't think that is fair business. The idea of RSD is for people to show up in person.  I was told people called but they would not hold records for them at the 2 places that i went to.

I missed out as the 2 places i went to only got 3 copies each. I wasn't able to get ther first thing in the morning. Oh well.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087
    LostRebel said:

For the serious collectors:

There are small differences in the credits section on the back of the sleeve, between the records distributed in the EU and the records distributed in the States.

Both are "Made in the EU".

Thanks!
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    I'm in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. Hoping to find it online 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    I'm not sure what to think about the 13000 pressing size.   I think it includes europe and north america.   Usually you only see the NA pressing size. 5000 or 7500 kind of thing.  13000 is big but only marginally bigger than decent pressing sizes for other things.

I wonder why so few seem to be making it to record stores.  Hopefully it's because 10c held a bunch aside to sell directly :)

I'll do the usually, wait to see if it shows up in some online stores, and do my best to order one.  Ebay is always a last resort.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087
    edited November 2019
    Zod said:
    I'm not sure what to think about the 13000 pressing size.   I think it includes europe and north america.   Usually you only see the NA pressing size. 5000 or 7500 kind of thing.  13000 is big but only marginally bigger than decent pressing sizes for other things.

I wonder why so few seem to be making it to record stores.  Hopefully it's because 10c held a bunch aside to sell directly :)

I'll do the usually, wait to see if it shows up in some online stores, and do my best to order one.  Ebay is always a last resort.

Easy Street Records received over a dozen boxes of PJ vinyl. Newbury Comics & Bull Moose must of received alot too.

A variant 10club edition would be sweet to see. Can't remember if they mentioned that Easy Street Records 10club Edition coming out day's before or after the April RSD official street date.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Easy Street Records received over a dozen boxes of PJ vinyl. Newbury Comics & Bull Moose must of received alot too.

A variant 10club edition would be sweet to see. Can't remember if they mentioned that Easy Street Records 10club Edition coming out day's before or after the April RSD official street date.

I seem to remember the Easy Street vinyl being "RSD release" or "RSD first."

I remember 10C saying they wouldn't have this one and it being "RSD exclusive."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    demetrios said:
    LostRebel said:

There are small differences in the credits section on the back of the sleeve, between the records distributed in the EU and the records distributed in the States.

Thanks!
    There are differences on the labels as well. Still waiting for someone to post their runout information to see if there are two different cuts, or if they're the same.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    LostRebel said:

Thanks!
    There are differences on the labels as well. Still waiting for someone to post their runout information to see if there are two different cuts, or if they're the same.
    Uk
    19-0279NL_19075921591 A
    Stamped MPO 19 14915
    SST

Same on B except switch out the A for B.

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    bigdeathbigdeath Chicago Posts: 80
    bigdeath said:
    My store sold out of their 4 copies while I was waiting in line. Bummer. 
    Went to Reckless Records in downtown Chicago and was able to get a copy for $23.99. Five bucks cheaper than they were charging at the first place I went to that sold out of them. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    Turntable Lab in NYC had a few more left 3 hours ago. I took one of the last 2. Then they guy had another handful he was going to put back
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WaitnSince67WaitnSince67 Milton, Ontario Canada Posts: 80
    Looks like I’m shut out in Ontario, Canada. 
    Washington, DC (June 14, 1998)
    Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018)
    Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    I'm in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. Hoping to find it online 
    Radio KAOS Records in Stevens Point had like 4 when I left there. Waited in line and got my copy! 
    06/29/98:Chicago, IL;10/08/00:East Troy, WI;06/18/03:Chicago, IL;06/21/03:East Troy, WI; 05/16/06:Chicago, IL;06/29/06:Milwaukee, WI;06/30/06:Milwaukee, WI;08/05/07:Chicago, IL; 08/24/09:Chicago, IL;06/28/2011:Chicago, IL (Ed Solo);07/19/13:Wrigley Field;08/22/16:Wrigley Field
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    rw160510 said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    LostRebel said:

Thanks!
    Uk
    19-0279NL_19075921591 A
    Stamped MPO 19 14915
    SST

Hmm, no Kr before the SST. And also the MPO pressing numbers are different.

US Version:
    (A Side Etch exc MPO, MPO # stamps): 19-0279NL - 19075921591 A Kr SST MPO 19 140667
    (B Side Etch exc MPO, MPO # stamps): 19-0279NL - 19075921591 B Kr SST MPO 19 140668
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    edited November 2019
    MedozK said:
    rw160510 said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    LostRebel said:

Thanks!
    Uk
    19-0279NL_19075921591 A
    Stamped MPO 19 14915
    SST

Hmm, no Kr before the SST. And also the MPO pressing numbers are different.

US Version:
    (A Side Etch exc MPO, MPO # stamps): 19-0279NL - 19075921591 A Kr SST MPO 19 140667
    (B Side Etch exc MPO, MPO # stamps): 19-0279NL - 19075921591 B Kr SST MPO 19 140668
    There's
     a squiggle etched before the sst (also etched) that could be a Kr if you look closely enough. Just double checked and the stamped mpo on the b side is 19 140422. Sorry for any confusion 🙂
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Looks like I’m shut out in Ontario, Canada. 
    x 2!!! 

Hoping for some nice people here on the forum willing to help out. 

Officially ISO. 

PM me if you have. 
  • Options
    Once again stupid fucking RSD exclusives.  Get to my store 30 minutes after opening...PJ gone.  Text my friend at another local store...all gone.  Leave and drive down to Vintage Vinyl (biggest store in STL)  all gone.  I have grown to hate RSD.  I buy vinyl all year long (and open and listen to them).  Now I have to try and hunt down one of my favorites PJ shows on vinyl.  SO FUCKING STUPID.  
    No one is making anyone participate in this process. If you hate it then don’t participate. It’s simple really.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    Once again stupid fucking RSD exclusives.  Get to my store 30 minutes after opening...PJ gone.  Text my friend at another local store...all gone.  Leave and drive down to Vintage Vinyl (biggest store in STL)  all gone.  I have grown to hate RSD.  I buy vinyl all year long (and open and listen to them).  Now I have to try and hunt down one of my favorites PJ shows on vinyl.  SO FUCKING STUPID.  
    No one is making anyone participate in this process. If you hate it then don’t participate. It’s simple really.
    Oh gee thanks captain. Sorry I’m disappointed that I didn’t get the one record I wanted. And sorry I hate flippers. I still enjoyed the day and saw a couple fun bands play. Thanks for simplifying for me though. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    No, but if you really want those records, no one is making you enjoy the process either :)

RSD is complex.  On the positive, It's awesome for putting out cool limited titles that you really want.   On the negative, I feel it's the worse shopping experience for record enthusiasts.  Lineups (in the cold/rain) to get in.   Short supply of copies, so you miss out. 

For me the titles they release outweight the negative experience, but it would be a whole lot better without the negative experience.   
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    Two thumbs up for Angry Mom Records in Ithaca! Got my copy there this morning. It's in the basement of a used bookstore, so they opened the bookstore an hour early so we could wait in the warmth instead of out in the snow.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    No, but if you really want those records, no one is making you enjoy the process either :)

RSD is complex.  On the positive, It's awesome for putting out cool limited titles that you really want.   On the negative, I feel it's the worse shopping experience for record enthusiasts.  Lineups (in the cold/rain) to get in.   Short supply of copies, so you miss out. 

For me the titles they release outweight the negative experience, but it would be a whole lot better without the negative experience.   
    Exactly. Well said. For me it’s pretty simple...I primarily listen to vinyl. I buy records all year long. When something cool is coming from one of my favorite bands I want it on wax. I don’t wanna stand in cold and rain to “maybe” get a copy (nor could I have due to work today and for live at easy street). 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    Struck out today. Oh well. I figure I can find a copy somewhere. 

Congrats to those who found what they were looking for!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    something's odd. PJ said there 13000 copies. I spoke to 3 record store owners and they said it is 1500?. WTF? Fuck it. I'm stil;l huntin' for the reel to reel