Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    JimmyV said:
    bk159954 said:
    If the new record is in fact done, it's pretty crazy there weren't any confirmed rumors of them being in the studio collaborating, rehearsing and recording it. Does anyone have insight to the timeline of how and when this record was created? It just seems like it went from them not being together to work on it, to it's done. Pretty remarkable how they can keep things so secretive.
    I wonder if we'll find out that this album wasn't recorded in Seattle. 
     album recordered in seattle
    Well. Now we know! :smiley:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    This just popped up....

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bk159954 said:
    If the new record is in fact done, it's pretty crazy there weren't any confirmed rumors of them being in the studio collaborating, rehearsing and recording it. Does anyone have insight to the timeline of how and when this record was created? It just seems like it went from them not being together to work on it, to it's done. Pretty remarkable how they can keep things so secretive.
     what u want to know?the date finished ?middle of  august..what matters is when will be the release date
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    Thank you for all your info @dimitrispearljam
    It is much appreciated!!
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    This just popped up....

Who are these news agencies other than Alt Nation quoting this message board?

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    JimmyV said:
    JojoRice said:
    This just popped up....

Who are these news agencies other than Alt Nation quoting this message board?
    There is no doubt they got that from Alt Nation :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    i heard that after all the furore over the xmas/holiday singles that the new album is actually is a christmas album full of yuletide classics....... i can wait!
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
     what u want to know?the date finished ?middle of  august..
    Not true. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    bk159954 said:
     what u want to know?the date finished ?middle of  august..what matters is when will be the release date
    I'm just curious how it all came together really. Have they been recording songs for this album over the last 2 years in multiple sessions or did it all pretty much happen after Ed's solo tour finished in early July? Do you know anyone that has heard a song or 2 off of it and what they thought about the new music?
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    bk159954 said:
    bk159954 said:
    I'm just curious how it all came together really. Have they been recording songs for this album over the last 2 years in multiple sessions or did it all pretty much happen after Ed's solo tour finished in early July? Do you know anyone that has heard a song or 2 off of it and what they thought about the new music?
    I'm guessing it was done in multiple sessions.  No tour in 2017 & 2019 certainly allowed time to work on it.  Cornell's passing in 2017 may have delayed things for a bit as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    raindog80 said:
    Not true. 

• Options
    Jesus a new pearl jam lp 
     I'm so excited.   :)

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    eboweddie said:
    Jesus a new pearl jam lp 
    RIGHT?!?!?!

I'm like a little kid counting down the days till Christmas who doesn't know how to count or when Christmas is. Still...I'm excited.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    I’m guessing march

november would be great, makes the holidays that much better
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    bk159954 said:
    bk159954 said:
    I'm guessing it was done in multiple sessions.  No tour in 2017 & 2019 certainly allowed time to work on it.  Cornell's passing in 2017 may have delayed things for a bit as well. 
    Yeah I guess it's possible some was recorded in 2017. But was it at one of the Fenway shows in 2018 that Ed said the next time they see each other it would be to record a new record or something to that effect? Kind of got the feeling nothing had been done yet. If that is the case, that would suggest they just did all of the recording between early July and mid August if it is in fact done. Or maybe it isn't quite done but will be soon. Either way, its fun to speculate.
  • Options
    bk159954 said:
    JojoRice said:
    bk159954 said:
    bk159954 said:
    Yeah I guess it's possible some was recorded in 2017. But was it at one of the Fenway shows in 2018 that Ed said the next time they see each other it would be to record a new record or something to that effect? Kind of got the feeling nothing had been done yet. If that is the case, that would suggest they just did all of the recording between early July and mid August if it is in fact done. Or maybe it isn't quite done but will be soon. Either way, its fun to speculate.
    He said that the next time they played together would be in the studio, which I took to mean finishing the new record. It's a year later and none of us really know for sure. 

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    edited September 2019
    JimmyV said:
    eboweddie said:
    Jesus a new pearl jam lp 
    RIGHT?!?!?!

I'm like a little kid counting down the days till Christmas who doesn't know how to count or when Christmas is. Still...I'm excited.
    It's just so exciting and refreshing to see some people getting excited about new music and not just obsessing over tour dates.  I have a feeling we're in for something special with this record!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    bk159954 said:
    i hope this means it was a "get into the studio, jam on some half-written stuff, collaborate furiously over that time, get out" type of record. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    bk159954 said:
    JojoRice said:
    bk159954 said:
    bk159954 said:
    He said that the next time they played together would be in the studio, which I took to mean finishing the new record. It's a year later and none of us really know for sure. 
    Well 2 of us know but know completely different things :)

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    bk159954 said:
    JojoRice said:
    bk159954 said:
    bk159954 said:

:lol:

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    bk159954 said:
    JojoRice said:
    bk159954 said:
    bk159954 said:

The funny thing is they seem to be splitting hairs.  Both seem to agree the record is imminent.  Dimi implies the record is done. Raindog seems to say they were working on it very recently, which conflicts with a November release, because no way could it be coming out that soon if they were still recording at the end of August.  Too much time to finalize artwork and also to press vinyl btw. But I don't know why they keep insisting the other is wrong when they could be splitting hairs on what level of completion the album is.  Final mixing, sequencing,  artwork, music videos, who the hell knows.
  • Options
    Deadman said:
    JimmyV said:
    eboweddie said:
    Jesus a new pearl jam lp 
    RIGHT?!?!?!

It's just so exciting and refreshing to see some people getting excited about new music and not just obsessing over tour dates.  I have a feeling we're in for something special with this record!
    A new tour is great, but if I'm lucky I will see them once on that tour. A new album I can listen to over and over and over again.
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    raindog80 said:
    Not true. 
    Fake news? ;)
    What's true?
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    edited September 2019
    D.Frank said:
    raindog80 said:
    Not true. 
    Fake news? ;)
    What's true?
    Dimi always gives us some info to back up his info. raindog just throws out a, "not true" with nothing else? At least hint as to why its not true, anything?  
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Deadman said:
    JimmyV said:
    eboweddie said:
    Jesus a new pearl jam lp 
    RIGHT?!?!?!

A new tour is great, but if I'm lucky I will see them once on that tour. A new album I can listen to over and over and over again.
    Deadman said:
    JimmyV said:
    eboweddie said:
    Jesus a new pearl jam lp 
    RIGHT?!?!?!

Exactly.
  • Options
    And a new album is way cheaper than multi shows. Call me greedy but I want both. 3-4 west coast shows and a new album. That sounds like a good 2020. But I’ll wait till 2021-2022 for tour and album if it means we get a new president. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options

AGREE

Can't wait