Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    PJNB said:
    I can't believe that the album has a chance of coming out this year. Hope it is true and thanks!
    If you look back to an interview that Mike McCready gave back in May he stated “ I hope the new album comes out this year”. He said the same thing back in  April 2013 about LB.  Long story short it makes sense that the album is being released in 2019 and an announcement should be in the next 7 days. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    I can't believe that the album has a chance of coming out this year. Hope it is true and thanks!
    If you look back to an interview that Mike McCready gave back in May he stated “ I hope the new album comes out this year”. He said the same thing back in  April 2013 about LB.  Long story short it makes sense that the album is being released in 2019 and an announcement should be in the next 7 days. 
    Source for that?

I only remember something like "I hope we have something to get out there by the end of the year, but who knows"

That could mean a single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Maybe I don’t pay attention to it as much, but it seems like their social media posts have been a bit more frequent as of late. But maybe they are more on the forefront of my mind more so I’m noting their posts more. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Source for that?

I only remember something like "I hope we have something to get out there by the end of the year, but who knows"

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/mike-mccready-reveals-new-update-about-new-pearl-jam-album/      

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    2020 isn't a bad name for an album, but 2019 is a better year for a release. Fingers crossed!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Source for that?

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/mike-mccready-reveals-new-update-about-new-pearl-jam-album/      

Thanks!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LETS HOPE ANGRY AND POLITICAL.

And a tad less "I'm so lucky to have you in my life my dear darling, let's drink some tea and watch the sun set on the terrass" songs.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,652

And a tad less "I'm so lucky to have you in my life my dear darling, let's drink some tea and watch the sun set on the terrass" songs.
    How about neither.  The best Eddie lyrics are always the vague ones (politically, socially, or otherwise).  
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892

Dear god, YES!
    More Can't Deny Me! A lot less (none) Future Days.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

How about neither.  The best Eddie lyrics are always the vague ones (politically, socially, or otherwise).  

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216

3 years of holding my breath every time a band I like releases a record, hoping the lyrics don't read like an SNL sketch. 
  • Options

Give examples of these vague songs.
  • Options
    I'm guessing more Infallible and less Bushleaguer. 
  • Options
    Bushleager is the outlier. Overt or vague lyrics about politics/society have been fine either way
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,388
    JimmyV said:
    2020 isn't a bad name for an album, but 2019 is a better year for a release. Fingers crossed!
    A friend asked me if the new Pearl Jam album would be out next year. I replied, "I'm sorry but I don't have 2020 vision."

(Thank you... thank you. Hold your applause. I'll be hear all night and next weekend...what's that? A rotten tomato hurtling toward my hea...) 
  • Options
    How do you work the ignore feature?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
     Please let me know  when u figure that out 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    This has been one secretive build up to a new album. Have all the others been like this!? Or are we over thinking it?? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I don't believe a new album is on the way before they name a turtle the albums name.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,957

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    I don't believe a new album is on the way before they name a turtle the albums name.
    Hahahahahaha! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216
    Uh oh

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,562
    Monkeywrench Radio live stream in January would be sweet.  25 years ago oh my.  
    Nugs just hosted 3 nights for the Raconteurs...
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited September 2019
    It would be totally awesome. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,532
    I just hope we get SOME nugget of info on the 10th. I don't need a full blown album release message, but a "things are happening"...would be sufficient for me.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I didnt know they brought that back. This board just got so much better...thanks!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,154
    raindog80 said:
    It would be totally awesome. 
    Indeed! They should totally do this on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    D.Frank said:
    2019/11/15 ...
    no. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    PJNB said:

I didnt know they brought that back. This board just got so much better...thanks!
    it most certainly did. I think we can all thank @benjs for that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    raindog80 said:
    D.Frank said:
    2019/11/15 ...
    no. 
    2019 though?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com