• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Thanks, Dan.

:kiss:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Thanks. I'm so shy I am afraid to say hello and chat.
    Maybe it’s a good idea to first ask about something simple, if it’s at school for example ask about some school related practical thing perhaps. :)
    That's all I can talk about it seems, university related things, other than that there's nothing. Mind you, being 13 years older than my current cohort there's not much in common. 
    Movies, arts, music, current (local) events, sports, literature, travels, ... there’s so much 
    Pretzels!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Practice with us! We‘re a whole bunch of lovely ladies around here
    :lol::rofl::lol:
    What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Are we not lovely?
    I support you OffSheGoes35 we are indeed lovely   B)
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Maybe it’s a good idea to first ask about something simple, if it’s at school for example ask about some school related practical thing perhaps. :)
    That's all I can talk about it seems, university related things, other than that there's nothing. Mind you, being 13 years older than my current cohort there's not much in common. 
    Movies, arts, music, current (local) events, sports, literature, travels, ... there’s so much 
    Pretzels!
    Definitely! food is always a good topic :wink:
    do you like the small cracker pretzels or the big breadlike ones from Germany? I love those but I always scrape the salt off
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    I agree and it’s not so bad to talk about ridiculous things too, I’m thinking about that show Seinfeld for example. They talk about nonsense but in an interesting way because they care about and are interested in the subject. 
    It’s also very important to be a good listener and give response back on what she said :)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    edited August 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!
    do you like the small cracker pretzels or the big breadlike ones from Germany? I love those but I always scrape the salt off
    Haha. Not a fan of the big breadlike, dry versions you ate at the concert. And that a friend sometimes buy over here at Lidl. 

Not a fan of the crackers either. 

Not a pretzels person. But I think I could kill 5-10 minutes talking about them. 

Rather have a Delicatoboll.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!
    Haha. Not a fan of the big breadlike, dry versions you ate at the concert. And that a friend sometimes buy over here at Lidl. 

Not a pretzels person. But I think I could kill 5-10 minutes talking about them. 

A what now?!?!
    oh but I had a cheese pretzel at the concert! Yummy! Thing is that you only got the rest of it without any cheese left :lol:

Try the Lidl ones with butter and chive!
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!

A what now?!?!
    oh but I had a cheese pretzel at the concert! Yummy! Thing is that you only got the rest of it without any cheese left :lol:
    Well meine frau - ich bin sort of eine veganichen so that was win-win :)

Delicatoboll:

Something you can buy at a cafeteria and strike up a conversation about with a girl you like.

@Thoughts_Arrive - if you are so shy - to a degree of it impeding your life. Have you tried to get out of that in some way? Fighting it.

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Annafalk said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    I agree and it’s not so bad to talk about ridiculous things too, I’m thinking about that show Seinfeld for example. They talk about nonsense but in an interesting way because they care about and are interested in the subject. 
    It’s also very important to be a good listener and give response back on what she said :)
    It is very important to listen to what someone is saying. I realized that a few minutes ago when I responded to one of Thought's posts about being shy. I responded with something completely different than what he was talking about. Wtf? I need mickeyrat to post a tedtalk video for listening skills. :)
  • Options
    I'm liking this one so far...
    The Power of Deliberate Listening
    https://youtu.be/A343tlP5iUA
  • Options
    Fun fact: I have never listened to a single TED talk or podcast.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Fun fact: I have never listened to a single TED talk or podcast.
    That's okay, we'll be gentle.

• Options
    Maybe we'll sweeten the deal by playing some Kenny G during intermissions...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I have heard Kenny G.

And I’ve seen and read A Clockwork Orange many times. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    dankind said:
    I have heard Kenny G.

You have heard Kenny G live?

You are truly a renaissance man, Daniel. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I have heard Kenny G.

You have heard Kenny G live?

You are truly a renaissance man, Daniel. 
    I have not heard Kenny G live -- unless live on TV or something like that counts. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!

A what now?!?!

Delicatoboll:

Something you can buy at a cafeteria and strike up a conversation about with a girl you like.

@Thoughts_Arrive - if you are so shy - to a degree of it impeding your life. Have you tried to get out of that in some way? Fighting it.

I did mention it to my psychologist and psychiatrist years ago, the medication kind of helped. It's something I've had since childhood, a fear of approaching and saying hi.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!

A what now?!?!

Delicatoboll:

I did mention it to my psychologist and psychiatrist years ago, the medication kind of helped. It's something I've had since childhood, a fear of approaching and saying hi.
    At your next appointment, mention it again, tell them how much it affects you and ask them for help. And I‘m not talking about medicine! There’s also behavioral psychologists who can specifically help to identify behavioral patterns and work with you on strategies to break them. Don’t just accept that you have this issue but try and tackle it.
    sorry in case I’m sounding pushy, I don’t mean to. But you‘ve got to do something about it 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,889
    It comes from  parenting  i believe 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!

A what now?!?!

Delicatoboll:

At your next appointment, mention it again, tell them how much it affects you and ask them for help. And I‘m not talking about medicine! There’s also behavioral psychologists who can specifically help to identify behavioral patterns and work with you on strategies to break them. Don’t just accept that you have this issue but try and tackle it.
    sorry in case I’m sounding pushy, I don’t mean to. But you‘ve got to do something about it 
    Hey, thanks.
    I don't have any appointments coming up. I haven't seen someone in a number of years.
    I can't afford to unless I am working full time, so expensive, like $200 for 50 minutes. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    An inherited disposition to be introverted and shy combined with an abusive mother who broke me down before she could build me up.
  • Options
    Even the introvert. That is from being not listened to and rebuffed as a kid
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Even the introvert. That is from being not listened to and rebuffed as a kid
    It could be. My older sister used to always make me feel like I could not speak. I'd rather be an introvert rather than an extrovert to be honest.
  • Options
    I was shy growing up, and had a period of social phobia in my late teens. I can not see how that would come from my parents. In my case.

I dreamt about you lastexitlondon by the way.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!

A what now?!?!

Delicatoboll:

Hey, thanks.
    I don't have any appointments coming up. I haven't seen someone in a number of years.
    I can't afford to unless I am working full time, so expensive, like $200 for 50 minutes. 
    There is no option through your public health care?
  • Options
    I was shy growing up, and had a period of social phobia in my late teens. I can not see how that would come from my parents. In my case.

I dreamt about you lastexitlondon by the way.
    I hope it was good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    An inherited disposition to be introverted and shy combined with an abusive mother who broke me down before she could build me up.
    Have you distanced yourself from your mom, or have you resolved your problems with her, or is it the same today?
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretzels!

A what now?!?!

Delicatoboll:

Hey, thanks.
    There is no option through your public health care?
    If you're eligible, your GP writes you a 10 session mental health plan which entitles you to a rebate. So a $200 session will leave you around $70-$80 out of pocket. I've had that before and 10 sessions go so fast. I may be entitled to a lower rate seeing I am unemployed. I have 5 sessions free at my university which I used 2 years ago. Problem is I need more than 5 or 10 sessions and it's too much. I paid over $3,000 when I was working full time.
  • Options
    Have you distanced yourself from your mom, or have you resolved your problems with her, or is it the same today?
    We live in the same house but we don't speak much. There are moments when it is all normal but then we have arguments or she gets upset at me and stops talking to me.