Options

Board Romances...updates, please!

Comments

• Options
    Haha I'll see. We didn't really chat, other than a quick hello. It seemed she made the effort twice with me by sitting on the same table as me and we had a quick small talk. I'm always a mute at university and try to keep to myself.
    I recently met a woman I met on Facebook and she's a huge techno/trance music fan. She's into taking ecstasy tablets.
    It made me say no to a further date (if our first meet was even considered a date).
    Why, you always go to atleast two (2)...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Haha I'll see. We didn't really chat, other than a quick hello. It seemed she made the effort twice with me by sitting on the same table as me and we had a quick small talk. I'm always a mute at university and try to keep to myself.
    I recently met a woman I met on Facebook and she's a huge techno/trance music fan. She's into taking ecstasy tablets.
    It made me say no to a further date (if our first meet was even considered a date).
    I don't know, I don't want to lose a lover due to an ecstasy overdose.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I don't know, I don't want to lose a lover due to an ecstasy overdose.
    Stop overthinking everything and seeing a thousand "what if"-steps into the future. 

Like Dave Grohl sings: "You're not the one, but you're the only one that makes me feel like this"

or Marilyn Manson: "I'm not in love, but I'm gonna fuck you till somebody better comes along"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The hallmarks of an anxious mind.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    George remarks to Jerry in Monk's Café that every decision he has ever made has been wrong, and that his life is the exact opposite of what it should be. Jerry convinces him that "if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right". George experiments with doing the complete opposite of what he would do normally. He orders the opposite of his normal lunch, and introduces himself to a beautiful woman (played by Dedee Pfeiffer) who happens to order the same lunch, saying, "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents." She is impressed and agrees to date him.
  • Options
    I am George, unemployed and living with my parents. Not exactly something to impress a woman with....
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I am George, unemployed and living with my parents. Not exactly something to impress a woman with....
    Good thing you’re not George! You’re (name), university student, clever, cultured, kind, thoughtful. You live with your parents, so what. Lots of students do, mainly for economic reasons and at least it shows you have a good relationship with them and are family-oriented. 
    Know your self worth, stop hiding and just live. There may be rejection. There is for everyone at some point! It’s got nothing to do with your self worth 
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    :hug:.  Sounds like you're making progress though. Give yourself some credit.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,965
    I do think  you must address the underlying  issues to be free. You do sound like a troubled soul. As am i.  But if i could let you know it will all be ok to talk and interact.  I can guarantee once you deal with your  insecurities  you can fly mate.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    NVM
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Thanks people.
    I saw her sitting in the cafeteria on a break but didn't say hi. I changed my mind.
    My heart says no. I guess when you're so lonely and desperate for love that you consider people that are probably not right for you and you for them.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I Dont wanna think. I want to Feel.
    Remember you are not vetting a future wife. JUST a friend will do no?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Saying hello is friendly . Be friendly thats the start of any communication.  I really wish i was there  . I would  be great at this part.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I just couldn't get over my discomfort with the religion thing. I grew up with a very devout Catholic mother and it turned me off all religion.
  • Options
    Thanks people.
    I saw her sitting in the cafeteria on a break but didn't say hi. I changed my mind.
    My heart says no. I guess when you're so lonely and desperate for love that you consider people that are probably not right for you and you for them.
    Just say hi.

(And fuck religion)
  • Options
    Thanks people.
    That happens a lot. Just keep doing your own thing. And try to just be friends with some women, that will make you feel more comfortable around them. 
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm so shy I am afraid to say hello and chat.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    edited August 2019
    I read this sentence to fast and read "I'm so shy I am afraid to say hello to a cat." and for a moment I thought I had read the cutest sentence ever on the internet.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Practice with us! We‘re a whole bunch of lovely ladies around here
  • Options
    I hear you. I hate small talk so much. I either like to throw out silly comments and build on them with playful people or ask a question designed specifically for an introvert. 
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Maybe it’s a good idea to first ask about something simple, if it’s at school for example ask about some school related practical thing perhaps. :)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JPPJ84 said:
    :lol::rofl::lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    :lol::rofl::lol:
    What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Are we not lovely?
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    JPPJ84 said:
    https://youtu.be/HzyuEy6lhc0 
    =)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Thanks, Dan.

• Options
    I read this sentence to fast and read "I'm so shy I am afraid to say hello to a cat." and for a moment I thought I had read the cutest sentence ever on the internet.
    hahaha
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Maybe it’s a good idea to first ask about something simple, if it’s at school for example ask about some school related practical thing perhaps. :)
    That's all I can talk about it seems, university related things, other than that there's nothing. Mind you, being 13 years older than my current cohort there's not much in common. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    That's all I can talk about it seems, university related things, other than that there's nothing. Mind you, being 13 years older than my current cohort there's not much in common. 
    Movies, arts, music, current (local) events, sports, literature, travels, ... there’s so much