Options

Board Romances...updates, please!

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    Yes I do. Bruce Almighty that fucker over here. :smiley: 
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2019
    Where have all the Board romances gone?
    Surprised no one has reported in on a true romance. :yin_yang:

Post edited by Renfield on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Renfield said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    dankind said:
    Renfield said:

I don’t believe Clarence & Alabama are the type of romance updates we are looking for :/
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Do you people think that a relationship between a very religious girl who is part of a Christian youth group and a guy who is an atheist and hates organised religion and the Catholic church could ever work out? 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Do you people think that a relationship between a very religious girl who is part of a Christian youth group and a guy who is an atheist and hates organised religion and the Catholic church could ever work out? 
    Yup.  My cousin (atheist) and his wife (devout Christian) have no issues with each other's views... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Yup.  My cousin (atheist) and his wife (devout Christian) have no issues with each other's views... 
    I'm just thinking she might get offended and have a problem with my views.
    Then again, assuming she is against same-sex marriage, then I'd have an issue with that.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'm just thinking she might get offended and have a problem with my views.
    Then again, assuming she is against same-sex marriage, then I'd have an issue with that.
    For one, his wife is open-minded, so those social issues are never an issue.  I also believe they just don't discuss those issues often...they respect each other's views...

Not all Christians are assholes...lol

Maybe you could avoid the topic in the beginning.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    My first instinct was ‚no‘ but then I thought about it for a minute after what meltdown wrote. I think it depends on the person and less on her belief. If she’s open minded and with a good ‚live and let live‘ attitude, why not. If she’s trying to preach then probably not 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    My first instinct was ‚no‘ but then I thought about it for a minute after what meltdown wrote. I think it depends on the person and less on her belief. If she’s open minded and with a good ‚live and let live‘ attitude, why not. If she’s trying to preach then probably not 
    We recently had a marriage equality vote here, it is a very continuous issue and I just feel people still voice their anti same sex marriage beliefs strongly.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Is she Catholic or not? If you "hate organized religion and that Catholic church" and she's Catholic, I'd say no. Being an atheist is different than hating a specific religion, or all religions. Not all atheists hate organized religion.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Is she Catholic or not? If you "hate organized religion and that Catholic church" and she's Catholic, I'd say no. Being an atheist is different than hating a specific religion, or all religions. Not all atheists hate organized religion.
    Makes me think again... I‘d say the atheist in this equation would have to have a good live and let live attitude as well! Personally I’m atheist and don’t think too much of the Catholic Church as an institution. If I was to be confronted with this topic on a daily basis I might find it hard to ‚let live‘. 
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    We recently had a marriage equality vote here, it is a very continuous issue and I just feel people still voice their anti same sex marriage beliefs strongly.
    Absolutely, same thing here. 
  • Options
    I'd say she is Catholic. She wears crucifixes, attends these Christian youth groups, is involved with my university's religious group.
    I know they are different, I just feel very strongly about the Catholic Church. I didn't say all atheists hate organised religion. I'm one that does.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    I say have an open mind. Dont hate anything.  You can have your view and her hers  and through  conversation  middle ground probably can be found. Im like  you as far as religion. But  maybe she has her reasons like  we have  ours. Good luck and don't  let it be a reason not to chat  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Thanks. I actually don't talk to her. We briefly talked in class at university and I was kind of attracted to her and our eyes would meet from time to time on campus along with a smile on her face. She keeps popping up on suggested friends on Facebook due to having a mutual friend. Not sure if worth sending her a friend request and taking it from there. She finished her degree last semester so I am not sure I'll see her again unless she and I both do Honours next year at the same university (I know she's aiming to get into Honours).
    Another issue, the age gap....

As for religion, I just hate how it is a reason people use to deny others their basic human rights (like marrying someone they love). Just gets me mad.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    Send the request dont over think. Nothing  really matters. Life is short im finding that!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Thanks. I actually don't talk to her. We briefly talked in class at university and I was kind of attracted to her and our eyes would meet from time to time on campus along with a smile on her face. She keeps popping up on suggested friends on Facebook due to having a mutual friend. Not sure if worth sending her a friend request and taking it from there. She finished her degree last semester so I am not sure I'll see her again unless she and I both do Honours next year at the same university (I know she's aiming to get into Honours).

As for religion, I just hate how it is a reason people use to deny others their basic human rights (like marrying someone they love). Just gets me mad.
    You mention a smile on her face when your eyes would meet. How do you let girls know you like them, T_A?
  • Options

You mention a smile on her face when your eyes would meet. How do you let girls know you like them, T_A?
    I don't, I'm too scared to approach a girl and tell her. I've never done it.
  • Options
    Well, next time someone you like smiles at you, be a mirror reflection, man :smile:
    That will hopefully kick things off and you can start flirting.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    am aware of two seperate ones. both are now married. the women emigrated here to cement the relationship. one became a citizen a couple weeks ago.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Well, next time someone you like smiles at you, be a mirror reflection, man :smile:
    Well, I did smile back. How about the age gap? 22-23 to 35.
  • Options
    So what, don’t worry about it! Jill is 13 years younger than Ed :wink:
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Yeah but Jill was most likely older than 22-23 when she got with Ed. I think there's a stigma around dating someone in their early 20s if you are more than 7 years her senior. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Yeah but Jill was most likely older than 22-23 when she got with Ed. I think there's a stigma around dating someone in their early 20s if you are more than 7 years her senior. 
    Nope. It was 2000 so she was 22/23. man I sound like a stalker :lol:
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

See?! Be like Leo! :wink:
  • Options
    That graph has me scratching my head trying to interpret it.