Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    Canada
    RYME said:
    Then Sweden should be focused on making Sweden great again.  Manufacture some hats that say MAKE SWEDEN GREAT AGAIN
    Saw this cap at a John Fogerty show:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,626
    Anywhere other than planet earth
    Swedes love the  snus. For a healthy clean living country.  That suprised me on visiting 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Canada
    Swedes love the  snus. For a healthy clean living country.  That suprised me on visiting 

Charlie Adam: Snus is the ‘in thing’ at all levels

“It’s big in the game, not just Premier League, League One, League Two, Championship, Scotland…” he told BBC 5 Live.“It’s come in from Scandinavia really and a lot of the players are using it. It’s the in thing.”

https://www.football365.com/news/charlie-adam-snus-thing-levels

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    Renfield said:
    RYME said:
    Then your mom and her side will know what it is.  My wife's mom makes it for us when we visit LT. every 2 years.  And that's about as often as she makes it.  Every 2 years lol.because whatever they do to those potatos (run through a grinder, remove moisture, stuff the meat in the center of those things & then boil them in big pot. is a lengthy process.  Nothing easy about it it takes her all day pretty much.  
    Cold beet soup is another good one my wife makes once in a while.  Not nearly as hard to make.
    Check it out
    https://myfoododyssey.com/2013/09/21/lithuanian-saltibarsciai-cold-beet-soup-recipe/

Cold Borscht! I grew up around it, my mom and grandparents loved it. I always turned my nose up at it. This is what our version looked like.

Oh come on,,lol Thats an awful picture of it there are a lot better-looking versions more pinkish with the hard boiled egg.  That one looks like blood soup for sure with a huge blob of sour cream floating in it yuck....hahaha...
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Sweden
    I'd love to live in Sweden. I went to Way Out West in 2015 and had such an enjoyable experience. I found everyone to be so polite and it felt very safe. Things are more expensive than they are where I come from, but I could live with that I'm sure. I'll return there again before too long.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445
    Sweden
    RYME said:
    Renfield said:
    RYME said:
    Then your mom and her side will know what it is.  My wife's mom makes it for us when we visit LT. every 2 years.  And that's about as often as she makes it.  Every 2 years lol.because whatever they do to those potatos (run through a grinder, remove moisture, stuff the meat in the center of those things & then boil them in big pot. is a lengthy process.  Nothing easy about it it takes her all day pretty much.  
    Cold beet soup is another good one my wife makes once in a while.  Not nearly as hard to make.
    Check it out
    https://myfoododyssey.com/2013/09/21/lithuanian-saltibarsciai-cold-beet-soup-recipe/

Cold Borscht! I grew up around it, my mom and grandparents loved it. I always turned my nose up at it. This is what our version looked like.

Oh come on,,lol Thats an awful picture of it there are a lot better-looking versions more pinkish with the hard boiled egg.  That one looks like blood soup for sure with a huge blob of sour cream floating in it yuck....hahaha...
    Reminds me of a yummy cherry soup we do here...

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    U.S.A.
    I looked online.  There are exactly 0 photos that make that look good.  Yuck.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    I looked online.  There are exactly 0 photos that make that look good.  Yuck.
    This looks good. And is how it is suppose to look (with meat added for those to want that).

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    I'd love to live in Sweden. I went to Way Out West in 2015 and had such an enjoyable experience. I found everyone to be so polite and it felt very safe. Things are more expensive than they are where I come from, but I could live with that I'm sure. I'll return there again before too long.
    Where are you from, and why did you go to WOW in 2015? Pet shop boys? Beck?

Things being "expensive" is relative. It's like people (not you) seem to think people in Sweden can't go outside because of everything being expensive. It's not like we built a system that doesn't work to live in. Oh, a pair of Levis is cheaper in the US and a beer cost a bit less - then people living on wages they can't survive on and going bankrupt when they get sick is all worth it. 

Well here we have decent wages and we don't go bankrupt when sick - and those who need a pair of Levis can buy them and everyone drinks beer. 

Might be more expensive to be a tourist in. But by all metrics and all common sense Sweden seems to have built a society with a better balance than the US. And on a more compassionate foundation. Instead of a "But, I am privileged enough to have a pool and a fence tall enough to not see the rest of society" foundation.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Anywhere but those 3
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    It's hard to generalize. I'd rather live in my state, than in Sweden. But I'd rather live in Sweden than anywhere in the dirty south. So wasn't exactly sure how to answer. In my state I can get beer, wine and liquor in every grocery store, and get weed legally from my corner pot shop, so I'm all set. Couldn't do that in Sweden or the dirty south.
    Seattle's a good place, even with the homeless problem. It's a fair bit like Vancouver, so I feel at home there. If I had to live in the USA and could choose where, my only two choices would be Seattle and NYC.
    Only 2 choices in the entire USA? Seems weird. I guess it’s probably you just don’t know enough.

If I had to move to Canada, I don’t know enough to know where to move and where not  to. 

I would think that Toronto and Vancouver would top my list. The east coast area would intrigue me. Montreal area would be pretty low on the list as well as remote areas.
    I don’t think I would ever want to live “in” Seattle or NYC.  East of Seattle somewhere in the mountains definitely and maybe somewhere close to NYC with a lot fewer people.  I’ve never actually been to NYC, but I hear it is dirty and smelly...Seattle was somewhat that way last time I visited.
    I'm definitely a city mouse. I want to be directly in or within a max half hour train ride of the city. I need that easy access to what cities offer (mainly for the music venues and dining options, and just for the energy/vibe of a big city). NYC isn't dirty IMO, for a city that size. It used to be apparently, but Ghouliani cleaned it up well, I'll give him that. I was impressed when I went there. A very beautiful city IMO. Now, of course their garbage pick up system is that all the garbage goes out onto the sidewalks throughout the day, and is picked up every night. This is because there is no other option. There are few back alleys in NYC, and most of them are fenced off (with barbed wire at the top of the fences) to prevent crime from happening in them, and to keep people from sleeping in them. So yeah, at least in warm weather, you can smell the garbage ... For me though, everything else that NYC offers easily offsets that minor (to me) issue. I do make a point of warning people who are going there and have never been though. I think seeing all that garbage out on the sidewalks can be a bit of shock if you weren't aware that is how it's done.
    Chicago has its flaws, no doubt, but it is a very clean city in comparison for the reasons you mention above. New York is a great city, but the trash in the streets is so unsanitary.
    NYC isn't dirty like a few of you have mentioned.

We do have an increase in homeless though.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514

Things being "expensive" is relative. It's like people (not you) seem to think people in Sweden can't go outside because of everything being expensive. It's not like we built a system that doesn't work to live in. Oh, a pair of Levis is cheaper in the US and a beer cost a bit less - then people living on wages they can't survive on and going bankrupt when they get sick is all worth it. 

Well here we have decent wages and we don't go bankrupt when sick - and those who need a pair of Levis can buy them and everyone drinks beer. 

Might be more expensive to be a tourist in. But by all metrics and all common sense Sweden seems to have built a society with a better balance than the US. And on a more compassionate foundation. Instead of a "But, I am privileged enough to have a pool and a fence tall enough to not see the rest of society" foundation.
    He's not a Big Bad American, so you did the friendly fire thing for nothing. :tongue:
  • Options
    Canada

He's not a Big Bad American, so you did the friendly fire thing for nothing. :tongue:
    Notice the parenthesis on row three, 9 words in. :)
  • Options
    You're a sly one, S_C. Looks like I did the friendly fire thing for nothing. 👍
  • Options
    On the bright side, I've been looking for an excuse to post this...

Image result for what does the fox say gif
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    pssst, thats about the only post like that....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Canada
    mickeyrat said:
    Hey, aren't you the guy that were unable to read a simple post correctly and instead went on blasting a user based on you not being able to read correctly in the soccer tread? I seem to remember you.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    U.S.A.
    On the bright side, I've been looking for an excuse to post this...

Image result for what does the fox say gif
    Yes!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Sweden
    for the meatballs
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Hey, aren't you the guy that were unable to read a simple post correctly and instead went on blasting a user based on you not being able to read correctly in the soccer tread? I seem to remember you.
    I seem to remember you have yet to link the "current" comment you referenced. I searched. All that came up was the timeline of the link you DID post. 3 years old. Despite being asked repeatedly for that link.

so what could have been just a misunderstanding AT FIRST instead now leads to now suggesting you revisit a particular page........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Canada
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I seem to remember you have yet to link the "current" comment you referenced. I searched. All that came up was the timeline of the link you DID post. 3 years old. Despite being asked repeatedly for that link.

so what could have been just a misunderstanding AT FIRST instead now leads to now suggesting you revisit a particular page........
    https://www.dn.se/sport/fotboll/hope-solo-anklagar-lagledningen-for-os-psykningen-de-fixade-mina-handskar/
  • Options
    Sweden
    oh come on, not again! This thread was just starting to become nice
  • Options
    Sweden
    Worst part is, now I‘ve got this stuck in my head....

• Options
    Canada
    JPPJ84 said:

I love my 8 year old niece, who has had her entire room filled up with frozen now being in a complete "I hate frozen" phase. She just want to draw- and talk about Pokemon. 

You wanna watch the trailer for Frozen 2?
    - No, I hate frozen.
    But then, why do you have an Olaf pillowcase?
    - I hate Olaf. Now come draw Jigglypuff with me.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Anywhere but those 3
    JPPJ84 said:

I love my 8 year old niece, who has had her entire room filled up with frozen now being in a complete "I hate frozen" phase. She just want to draw- and talk about Pokemon. 

- No, I hate frozen.
    I caught a damn jigglypuff once out in Boston in 16 whilst playing Pokemon go.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    U.S.A.
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    It's hard to generalize. I'd rather live in my state, than in Sweden. But I'd rather live in Sweden than anywhere in the dirty south. So wasn't exactly sure how to answer. In my state I can get beer, wine and liquor in every grocery store, and get weed legally from my corner pot shop, so I'm all set. Couldn't do that in Sweden or the dirty south.
    Seattle's a good place, even with the homeless problem. It's a fair bit like Vancouver, so I feel at home there. If I had to live in the USA and could choose where, my only two choices would be Seattle and NYC.
    Only 2 choices in the entire USA? Seems weird. I guess it’s probably you just don’t know enough.

If I had to move to Canada, I don’t know enough to know where to move and where not  to. 

I would think that Toronto and Vancouver would top my list. The east coast area would intrigue me. Montreal area would be pretty low on the list as well as remote areas.
    I don’t think I would ever want to live “in” Seattle or NYC.  East of Seattle somewhere in the mountains definitely and maybe somewhere close to NYC with a lot fewer people.  I’ve never actually been to NYC, but I hear it is dirty and smelly...Seattle was somewhat that way last time I visited.
    I'm definitely a city mouse. I want to be directly in or within a max half hour train ride of the city. I need that easy access to what cities offer (mainly for the music venues and dining options, and just for the energy/vibe of a big city). NYC isn't dirty IMO, for a city that size. It used to be apparently, but Ghouliani cleaned it up well, I'll give him that. I was impressed when I went there. A very beautiful city IMO. Now, of course their garbage pick up system is that all the garbage goes out onto the sidewalks throughout the day, and is picked up every night. This is because there is no other option. There are few back alleys in NYC, and most of them are fenced off (with barbed wire at the top of the fences) to prevent crime from happening in them, and to keep people from sleeping in them. So yeah, at least in warm weather, you can smell the garbage ... For me though, everything else that NYC offers easily offsets that minor (to me) issue. I do make a point of warning people who are going there and have never been though. I think seeing all that garbage out on the sidewalks can be a bit of shock if you weren't aware that is how it's done.
    Chicago has its flaws, no doubt, but it is a very clean city in comparison for the reasons you mention above. New York is a great city, but the trash in the streets is so unsanitary.
    NYC isn't dirty like a few of you have mentioned.

We do have an increase in homeless though.
    My comment was definitely not intended to be a knock on NYC.  I have been a few times and I think it is fantastic.  Just "dirty" in comparison to Chicago if we're talking strictly waste management.  That is a product of the design of not having alleys.  We have alleys here otherwise we'd be doing the same thing.  NY is a great city all around.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    U.S.A.

The big, bad U.S.A.  A country full of selfish a-holes.  Sweden has it all figured out.  If only we could be like Sweden.  Maybe someday...
  • Options
    Canada
    bbiggs said:

The big, bad U.S.A.  A country full of selfish a-holes.  Sweden has it all figured out.  If only we could be like Sweden.  Maybe someday...
    https://youtu.be/aezPgrV7qIM
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    New York stinks of garbage.  Garbage smell equals filth.  a billion rats equal filth.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Canada
    JPPJ84 said:

- No, I hate frozen.
    I caught a damn jigglypuff once out in Boston in 16 whilst playing Pokemon go.

Would sacrifice my red Easy Street record for a real life Jiglypuff. 

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

https://www.dn.se/sport/fotboll/hope-solo-anklagar-lagledningen-for-os-psykningen-de-fixade-mina-handskar/
    TLDR  not in english.

but finally, I assume, you've done what was asked to back up your claim. Suggesting All that bullshit in that thread was unnecessary

This discussion has been closed.