Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    I guess it is okay to rape people in Sweden?

** Sweden has the HIGHEST per capita number of reported rapes in Europe.

** This number of rapes has quadrupled in the last 20 years.

** The conviction rates? They have steadily DECREASED.

https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/news/sweden-has-worst-rape-conviction-record-europe

Maybe it is because of the smelly undateable Swedish men getting frustrated?  Too many “incels”?   Get a handle on your rapists Sweden!  Maybe the women there should be allowed to carry firearms to protect themselves?

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    Why even reply to their nonsense.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    U.S.A.
    I doubt @mcgruff10 can handle this comment without comparing to Sweden but it is pretty freaking scary that you can be forced to marry someone at 12 years old.  That is insane.

While many of those are just old laws that never changed and the practice is far from common...it is still pretty weird to not close those loopholes and just make this right.  It's icky and weird not to.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    I need to go read my "Making of Star Wars" (american movie) book now. I can't take more of this--

-- 12 years olds. Allowed to beat. Allowed to marry. 

The Backwards States of America

VS

SWE- care about our childr-EN
    I have no idea how you are still posting here.  Must be related to Kat.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    I doubt @mcgruff10 can handle this comment without comparing to Sweden but it is pretty freaking scary that you can be forced to marry someone at 12 years old.  That is insane.

While many of those are just old laws that never changed and the practice is far from common...it is still pretty weird to not close those loopholes and just make this right.  It's icky and weird not to.
    Yeah, it is quite baffling, actually.  It definitely is not culturally acceptable.
  • Options
    Canada
    I need to go read my "Making of Star Wars" (american movie) book now. I can't take more of this--

VS

They it are just a troll at this point.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    PJPOWER said:

https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/news/sweden-has-worst-rape-conviction-record-europe

Maybe it is because of the smelly undateable Swedish men getting frustrated?  Too many “incels”?   Get a handle on your rapists Sweden!  Maybe the women there should be allowed to carry firearms to protect themselves?

I guess they don't #believewomen over there. Sad state of affairs. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    U.S.A.

VS

Textbook definition. Though if my country had sat back and helped kill 6 million jews and helped extend the war resulting in more casualties, I might go all crazy and become an internet troll too.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:

I guess they don't #believewomen over there. Sad state of affairs. 
    No kidding.  We should probably stop accepting passports from these American hating Swedish incel rapists.  We owe it to our women!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,656
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can’t wait for tomorrow’s tirade!  What will be next?  Free Pitt 13 poster for the person who correctly guesses tomorrow’s topic. 
    Something nonsensical meant to try and goad someone into calling they a name which they could then flag & would earn someone else a time out.

The flip side is that there are likely to be many silly attempts to do the same to they.

Why I called this thread "dumb"

I do see a much smaller percentage of the posts here, due to the ignore button.  Still is clear that it is a gang up on someone.  (Albeit someone who wants/loves/craves the attention, in any way that they can get it.  And someone who consistently works diligently to troll anyone who takes an opposing viewpoint.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can’t wait for tomorrow’s tirade!  What will be next?  Free Pitt 13 poster for the person who correctly guesses tomorrow’s topic. 
    Something nonsensical meant to try and goad someone into calling they a name which they could then flag & would earn someone else a time out.

The flip side is that there are likely to be many silly attempts to do the same to they.

Why I called this thread "dumb"

I do see a much smaller percentage of the posts here, due to the ignore button.  Still is clear that it is a gang up on someone.  (Albeit someone who wants/loves/craves the attention, in any way that they can get it.  And someone who consistently works diligently to troll anyone who takes an opposing viewpoint.)
    You have to be kidding if you think this is about "ganging" up on someone.  Either that or you hadn't been paying attention to almost every thread we have in here.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada

VS

Textbook definition. Though if my country had sat back and helped kill 6 million jews and helped extend the war resulting in more casualties, I might go all crazy and become an internet troll too.
    They are not interested in having a conversation or learning about the US operates or the complexity of states rights.  And next time war breaks out in Europe we over here can make popcorn and let them figure it out...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,105
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:

there are some things we need to take into consideration.

• Differences in reported crime across countries are usually related to different reporting rates by victims (and/or detection by the police). Also different definitions of criminal offences by countries, and different counting rules, make comparisons difficult according to Enrico Bisogno, the chief of data development and dissemination at the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

• ”When a woman comes to the police and says ’my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year’, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record – one victim, one type of crime, one record”, Klara Selin, a sociologist at the National Council for Crime Prevention in Stockholm, told BBC.

• In 2005, Sweden broadened its definition of rape. The word ”rape” can since then be used to record acts which would be called assault or bodily harm in other countries, according to The Local. That led to an increase in the number of rapes reported in the country in the years following the law change.

• In Sweden, women are encouraged to report rape cases. It appears, The Independent writes, that ”it is possible that in other countries there is a far stronger stigma around reporting rape than in Sweden”

• + A new law that makes having sex with someone who hasn't actively agreed to it rape. As in, having sex with someone who is very drunk or unable to say yes to it is rape. Even if they haven't said no.

• Where do you think a woman feel the most secure to report a rape? In secular Sweden who has had an active fight for equality and women's rights? Or over-religious US with wild-wild-west-judges and historically backwards views on equality?

The Brock Turner case as an example (incident stopped by Swedish students I might add) and:

Judge Ralph Strother accepted a plea deal from Jacob Walter Anderson Monday over a 2016 rape allegation in which the victim says she was gagged, choked, led behind a tent and repeatedly raped. Strother sentenced Anderson to deferred probation after his no contest plea, even after hearing a harrowing statement from the woman about how Anderson ‘stole my body, virginity and power over my body.’ She was attacked while studying at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.

/.../

Last year, Strother sentenced another man to deferred probation even after he admitted raping another Baylor student in 2013. The judge also ordered the man to pay for his victim’s counseling. And earlier this year, Strother sentenced a third man for felony probation for the sexual assault of another woman who attended Baylor University. That saw him ordered to serve 30 days in jail, but the sex attacker was allowed to complete his sentence over a number of weekends.

Your country still allows 12 years old, and 16 years old as @mcgruff10 pointed out to marry.

Now I'm gonna read about how Fox dropped the budget from 7.5 to 6.7 million. How could they make the movie on such a small budget? IT WAS A 15 MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE!

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,036
    Anywhere other than planet earth
    Well this  escalated  quickly. Time  to shut her down..
    Again why  does it have to get like  this?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:

• Differences in reported crime across countries are usually related to different reporting rates by victims (and/or detection by the police). Also different definitions of criminal offences by countries, and different counting rules, make comparisons difficult according to Enrico Bisogno, the chief of data development and dissemination at the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

• ”When a woman comes to the police and says ’my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year’, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record – one victim, one type of crime, one record”, Klara Selin, a sociologist at the National Council for Crime Prevention in Stockholm, told BBC.

• In 2005, Sweden broadened its definition of rape. The word ”rape” can since then be used to record acts which would be called assault or bodily harm in other countries, according to The Local. That led to an increase in the number of rapes reported in the country in the years following the law change.

• In Sweden, women are encouraged to report rape cases. It appears, The Independent writes, that ”it is possible that in other countries there is a far stronger stigma around reporting rape than in Sweden”

• Where do you think a woman feel the most secure to report a rape? In secular Sweden who has had an active fight for equality and women's rights? Or over-religious US with wild-wild-west-judges and historically backwards views on equality?

The Brock Turner case as an example (incident stopped by Swedish students I might add) and:

Judge Ralph Strother accepted a plea deal from Jacob Walter Anderson Monday over a 2016 rape allegation in which the victim says she was gagged, choked, led behind a tent and repeatedly raped. Strother sentenced Anderson to deferred probation after his no contest plea, even after hearing a harrowing statement from the woman about how Anderson ‘stole my body, virginity and power over my body.’ She was attacked while studying at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.

/.../

Last year, Strother sentenced another man to deferred probation even after he admitted raping another Baylor student in 2013. The judge also ordered the man to pay for his victim’s counseling. And earlier this year, Strother sentenced a third man for felony probation for the sexual assault of another woman who attended Baylor University. That saw him ordered to serve 30 days in jail, but the sex attacker was allowed to complete his sentence over a number of weekends.

Your country still allows 12 years old, and 16 years old as @mcgruff10 pointed out to marry.

Sounds like you are just defending rapists...?
    Funny how it is black and white when it comes to any issue with America, but take into consideration other factors when it has to do with Sweden...Why is that?  Try not to dance or rape anyone on the way to work today...Well, rape is okay in Sweden, so just try not to dance.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    Well this  escalated  quickly. Time  to shut her down..
    Again why  does it have to get like  this?
    I can think of 1 reason...

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Canada
    There is no need for the thread to get shutdown.  The conversation has not turned personal...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,036
    Anywhere other than planet earth
    I think its all personal. The back and forth of snide  and blatant nastiness.  Anyway  i shall leave it now and read other threads

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Canada
    There is no need for the thread to get shutdown.  The conversation has not turned personal...
    What is the marriage Age in Canada?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Canada
    What is the marriage Age in Canada?
    I’m not sure...I assume 16 without parental consent.  And maybe 14 with consent.    18 is to young to be married in my opinion.  The only reason to get legally married is for the government.  With divorce rates through the roof marriage is a waste.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Canada
    In Ontario it’s 16 to get married and under 18 you need parental consent...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

/.../

Funny how it is black and white when it comes to any issue with America, but take into consideration other factors when it has to do with Sweden...Why is that?  Try not to dance or rape anyone on the way to work today...Well, rape is okay in Sweden, so just try not to dance.
    latest update on A$AP Rocky case.  so guy who threw 1st punch is not being charged nor was detained at all. yet A$AP is still detained.  still seems like a bullshit case.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/22/asap-rocky-attacker-not-charged-assault-sweden/
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    pjhawks said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

/.../

latest update on A$AP Rocky case.  so guy who threw 1st punch is not being charged nor was detained at all. yet A$AP is still detained.  still seems like a bullshit case.

Weird, almost as if they hate Americans.
    #boycottsweden
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    pjhawks said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

/.../

Here is the reason for those charges being dropped. Consider it bullshit if you want. Sweden is still a safer country than the US, have less corruption and a safer judicial system. So don't fear visiting next time PJ comes here. Even though @mrussel1 believes Eddie will "take note" and could very well stop PJ from coming here. I seriously doubt that. Lets see who will be correct.

In the case with an American artist who has been arrested suspected of assault since July 5, a counter-notification was also made against a plaintiff in the case. The preliminary investigation has been going on in parallel where the plaintiff was suspected of being abused, assaulting and attempted assault. Now the preliminary investigation is closed and the plaintiff is no longer suspected in the case.

- The event begins with the counter notification repeatedly asking the person to remove himself from the site. When he does not, the countermember first pushes away, and then takes a grip around the other's throat and lifts him a few meters. Because of this, the person throws his headphones on the countermember and tries to throw punches, which is to be considered to be in his right of self defence, says pre-investigator chief prosecutor Daniel Suneson.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Yeah close this up it’s pathetic how people just love to pump their chest out about their country , I bet Sweden is a really great place to live just as it is to live here I tell you I’m an American by naturalization but I’m def not the rah rah America is the greatest on earth..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    So go ahead tell me “ If you don’t like it here leave “ that’s the new American motto...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    So go ahead tell me “ If you don’t like it here leave “ that’s the new American motto...
    Sweden is different.  If you don't like it there, they lock you up for 3 weeks without charging you with a crime and won't let you leave.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    edited July 2019
    Can one really answer the question without living in the Country for an extended period of time?

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    U.S.A.
    cutz said:
    Can one really answer the question without living in the Country for an extended period of time?

That's a big negative, ghost rider.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    U.S.A.
    To play devil's advocate, should a thread be closed just because you don't like it?  Seems like our motto should be about freedom and choice.  
This discussion has been closed.