Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,945
    Biden will be this elections Jeb Bush.

Mark my words.
    Not even close.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,794
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    To be fair,  it's only 1 point increase and within the MOE. What's becoming increasingly clear is Warren and Sanders are exchanging support.  I wonder if the far left wing can break 30 to 35% of the party. 
    She has momentum. 1 point since the last poll but on the upwards trajectory for awhile now when lots of pundits had written her off.

My guess is Biden has no place to go but down, that's why I suspect he has been staying clear of certain events. Falling into the front runner trap and playing it safe. Warren has no place to go but up.
    We shall see.  The progressive pundits predicted he would drop after the announcement.  While he has settled slightly,  he maintains a commanding lead.  He'll perform well in the first three primaries which will force most candidates to exit.  Then it depends on where votes migrate.  The aura of inevitability is what each candidate wants by mid spring.  That's when the dominoes fall. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Biden will be smoked after he slurs his way in old-man-slow-motion through the first debate. 

This is the age of twitter soundbytes and podcasts on 1.5 speed. No one has the time for "the eagles soar over our beautiful land, the majestic vistas and people, ordinary people, americans with God in their hearts, helping each other rake their leaves. What happened with helping thy neighbour rake leaves?"

Sanders and Warren comes with the passion. Buddaedgeedge with that JFK-quality. Kamala with a no-BS attitude.
    Clueless
    Nice attitude.

I'm not distorting facts and skewing the truth to make a dishonest argument though.

I got that going for me atleast. Clueless or not. Not a fan of lying my way through a discussion.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So Erics plan is to be the Anti-Gun-Guy?

Eric Swalwell Wants to ‘Ban and Buy Back Every Single Assault Weapon in America

https://youtu.be/LBLbFEUhR2I
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Mark my words.
    Not even close.
    Let's wait and see. He will drop like a leash.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022

Mark my words.
    Not even close.
    Agreed.  This is Biden s to lose. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,742
    edited June 2019
    That is just so sad that people already seem to think Biden is the one who might be the only one who can get this done. So, so sad.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    That is just so sad that people already seem to think Biden is the one who might be the only one who can get this done. So, so sad.
    People also thought Waterworld would break BO records back in the day.
  • Options
    And people thought Jeb Bush would be the frontrunner.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mcgruff10 said:

Mark my words.
    Not even close.
    That's pretty obvious by the polls.

Which at the start of the GOP primaries most thought it was Jebs to lose.

Front runners and inevitable candidates have a history of flaming out.

Only time will tell, but my guess is Biden isn't going to fair to well in the debates, everyone is going to beat up on the guy in the lead. And Biden has a history of losing.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Mark my words.
    Not even close.

Only time will tell, but my guess is Biden isn't going to fair to well in the debates, everyone is going to beat up on the guy in the lead. And Biden has a history of losing.
    I don't think this sounds clueless.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    To be fair,  it's only 1 point increase and within the MOE. What's becoming increasingly clear is Warren and Sanders are exchanging support.  I wonder if the far left wing can break 30 to 35% of the party. 
    She has momentum. 1 point since the last poll but on the upwards trajectory for awhile now when lots of pundits had written her off.

My guess is Biden has no place to go but down, that's why I suspect he has been staying clear of certain events. Falling into the front runner trap and playing it safe. Warren has no place to go but up.
    We shall see.  The progressive pundits predicted he would drop after the announcement.  While he has settled slightly,  he maintains a commanding lead.  He'll perform well in the first three primaries which will force most candidates to exit.  Then it depends on where votes migrate.  The aura of inevitability is what each candidate wants by mid spring.  That's when the dominoes fall. 
    Yup, it's still really early. So we will indeed see.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    What was Betos "re-start" all about? What did he do that restarted it?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    It is simply an acknowledgement that Biden is a "safe" vote. The best candidate doesn't always get the nomination. The best candidate doesn't always win the election. Biden is a known quantity, who isn't necessarily a polarizing figure. Moderates make up a critical mass, so it only makes sense that someone like Biden would automatically assume the role of front-runner. And he polls well against Trump. My only care in 2020 is that a Dem beats Trump. So I'm perfectly happy that a Dem who polls well against Trump is currently the front-runner. Biden just polled 12 points higher than Trump in North Carolina.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Mayor Pete walking around South Bend with should-be-president Chris Matthews:

https://youtu.be/EfHuwIatk44
  • Options
    The complete town hall:

https://youtu.be/Wm2yQWP64LY
  • Options
    Is there a Chris Mattthews fan club? If not, you should start it and be its president!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Is there a Chris Mattthews fan club? If not, you should start it and be its president!
    I'd rather just keep stalking him.
  • Options
    Now in the town hall they're talking about registering peoples guns or not. My God. 

You don't have a "weapons license" for guns to connect a gun with the owner? 
  • Options
    "A tariff is a tax, so if you don't think republicans are raising taxes...well..."

Keep up the one liners Buddah!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Man. I would love to see Mayor Pete on the international stage. Europe would love him.
  • Options
    He's not always supersmooth in dropping in his military service. 

It's often a bit "eh... and... I was stationed in Afganhistan, so I know one or two things about climate change"
  • Options
    Man. I would love to see Mayor Pete on the international stage. Europe would love him.
    Canada would too.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    "Women's right and equality are important issues for me". 

Well, my suggestion would be to move to another country. #WhyIsAbortionAnIssueIn2019 #ChrisMatthewsmakesmykneesweak
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Biden will be smoked after he slurs his way in old-man-slow-motion through the first debate. 

This is the age of twitter soundbytes and podcasts on 1.5 speed. No one has the time for "the eagles soar over our beautiful land, the majestic vistas and people, ordinary people, americans with God in their hearts, helping each other rake their leaves. What happened with helping thy neighbour rake leaves?"

Sanders and Warren comes with the passion. Buddaedgeedge with that JFK-quality. Kamala with a no-BS attitude.
    Clueless
    Nice attitude.

I'm not distorting facts and skewing the truth to make a dishonest argument though.

I got that going for me atleast. Clueless or not. Not a fan of lying my way through a discussion.

I think the French would say..sans l'indication

• Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Mark my words.
    Not even close.

He's not clueless so there's that. 
  • Options
    Can you two just stop it? I mean, of course you can do what you want, but just FYI, your little ongoing tiff is getting annoying for the rest of us. Also, I love you both. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Can you two just stop it? I mean, of course you can do what you want, but just FYI, your little ongoing tiff is getting annoying for the rest of us. Also, I love you both. ;)
    I swear im really really trying. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Mark my words.
    Not even close.

He's not clueless so there's that. 
    Not distorting facts and numbers to skew perception Trump-style either. To my knowledge. That would be straight shitty behaviour on a message board, I'd say.

I mean, who  would do something like that...
  • Options
    This thing with reparations(?) to the black community. Has that been an issue before this election?

Never heard of it before this year...
This discussion has been closed.