Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    brianlux said:
    If the dems can't find a candidate that can beat King Orange Klown then we (the nation) really do deserve what we get.  Seriously. 
    Agreed.  None of the democrats that are running are remotely interesting to me.  New Jersey (where I have from) will be going blue even if donald trump jr runs on the democratic ticket so I might vote third party just to get them some possible funds in the future.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,797
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    You know what, I’m allowed to have my opinion. I need not just bow down to whoever the Dems nominate. And yet people here continuing call names and gang up.  Admin continues to ignore it.  A lot of you try to be funny and call out My2hands for @ the admin. I wouldn’t do it, but I understand why he did. So go ahead, call me names, gang up on me, I really don’t give a fuck about you and I’m certainly not going to let that bullshit tell me who to vote for.

Bernie Sanders is part of the problem. He and trump were running the same kind of campaigns. Finding a group to blame, rallying the populists behind them, creating supporters that would not compromise...wouldn’t even vote for their parties nominee. Not only do I disagree with many of his policies (that’s not unique to him and the dem party), but I disagree with him as a person and a leader. So I won’t be voting for him. It’s not a vote for trump, it’ll be a vote for whomever I like best on the ballot and unless there is no 3rd party, it won’t be trump or Bernie Sanders. He’s a no go for me.
    Good for you for standing your ground, Cincy.

If we could figure out how to have civil discourse around this place we could turn the world on it's head and make it a better place.  And I don't mean we have to tippy toe around each other or being overly polite.  Just civil.  No ganging up, speak our minds, be forthright, take a stance, and yet be open minded enough to listen to others.

Why don't we all try that?  Let's start our own revolution of sorts!
    So far he's told someone to fuck off and been implicitly threatening a person.  Sorry,  I can't agree that this is getting us closer to civility.  The worst said,  I believe,  was "go back to civics class."  I'm not seeing the martyrdom. 
    Then you can’t read. It’s a common theme here. Disagree with the group think, get called names and attacked by the group. Then do what you are doing, pretending it didn’t happen at all and play all coy and innocent. I just want people to own up to their shit.
    See there you go bring all mean and disagreeable.  Im pretty sure I can read,  so this feels like an ad hominem attack on me.  I'll probably start a safe space thread where only I can post and maybe one other person. That way no one can gang up no matter what I say. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Hole 12 was nuts. 
    Crazy is right.  How do two people leave it short?
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    Naive is too kind a word to describe someone who would vote third party when Trump is on the ballot.
    I had no problem voting for Stein in 2016.  Hillary was a shoe in for the electoral college votes in California and although I obviously thought she was better than Trump, I didn't like either.  I was very fortunate to be able to vote 3rd party with a clear conscience. 

I wish enough others had done the same so as to start a trend toward the acceptance of third (or more) parties.  Why are we so locked into a two party system,?  Why are we so afraid of change?  Even if this is seen as "dreaming", when did people stop having dreams for a better world?  Do we really want to keep going down the same road that we know damn well is leading us further and further into a place that is bad for us (not to mention, bad for the planet)?  Do we really want to be cattle moseying along in a stupor headed for our own self-imposed slaughter?  Not me.
    Well there's the real irony right? You could vote Stein knowing it didn't matter.  Ergo you could have stayed home too. 

The question is,  what would you have done if you lived in Pennsylvania?
    Voted for whatever candidate he felt best lined up with his political beliefs and values? 
    So Hillary,  as he stated.  Because he clearly understood the ramifications and political reality of our system. 
    Have no problem with that, at all, whichis my point... just like i would have no problem if he voted Stein, Gary, Trump, or Mickey Mouse. I might disagree with someones choice, but don't have a problem with it,  it's their vote

The doomsday "you must vote Democrat, or die" routine is silly and shortsighted to me, that's all. 
    Stop applying stronger adjectives than were stated. No one said doomsday.. no one said vote this way or die. You exaggerate the words of others to make your point. Often Reading said (I believe it was that poster), that a vote for a liberal third candidate,  particularly on a swing state,  is a vote for Trump.  In 2020, that's 100% true.  Nothing more,  nothing less.  Do you think that's not the case? If so,  defend that reasoning,  how a liberal 3rd party candidate would not enhance Trump's chance for victory in that state. 
    I don't disagree at all, but that's not the debate. And frankly, isn't Cincys problem. Like he said, he doesn't have to bow down to the DNC candidate. If he is completely opposed to the candidates ideas and platform, you want him to sell out his core beliefs just so the Trump doesnt win. Well, where does that end? What if the next R candidare is horrible? And after that? He should just vote against the boogeyman and surrender his beliefs? 

Nah, fuck that. Vote for your candidate and don't apologize for it. 

If a few third party votes means the dem candidate cant beat this clown, then they don't deserve it any damn way lol
    Your last paragraph is disconnected from reality. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    You know what, I’m allowed to have my opinion. I need not just bow down to whoever the Dems nominate. And yet people here continuing call names and gang up.  Admin continues to ignore it.  A lot of you try to be funny and call out My2hands for @ the admin. I wouldn’t do it, but I understand why he did. So go ahead, call me names, gang up on me, I really don’t give a fuck about you and I’m certainly not going to let that bullshit tell me who to vote for.

Bernie Sanders is part of the problem. He and trump were running the same kind of campaigns. Finding a group to blame, rallying the populists behind them, creating supporters that would not compromise...wouldn’t even vote for their parties nominee. Not only do I disagree with many of his policies (that’s not unique to him and the dem party), but I disagree with him as a person and a leader. So I won’t be voting for him. It’s not a vote for trump, it’ll be a vote for whomever I like best on the ballot and unless there is no 3rd party, it won’t be trump or Bernie Sanders. He’s a no go for me.

If we could figure out how to have civil discourse around this place we could turn the world on it's head and make it a better place.  And I don't mean we have to tippy toe around each other or being overly polite.  Just civil.  No ganging up, speak our minds, be forthright, take a stance, and yet be open minded enough to listen to others.

So far he's told someone to fuck off and been implicitly threatening a person.  Sorry,  I can't agree that this is getting us closer to civility.  The worst said,  I believe,  was "go back to civics class."  I'm not seeing the martyrdom. 
    Then you can’t read. It’s a common theme here. Disagree with the group think, get called names and attacked by the group. Then do what you are doing, pretending it didn’t happen at all and play all coy and innocent. I just want people to own up to their shit.
    See there you go bring all mean and disagreeable.  Im pretty sure I can read,  so this feels like an ad hominem attack on me.  I'll probably start a safe space thread where only I can post and maybe one other person. That way no one can gang up no matter what I say. 
    Safe place. Cute 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    CM189191 said:
    This place is fucking nuts.

Because there is actually a Democrat or 2/3 that I won’t vote for I’m:

1) Horseshoed...what a stupid label but I’m not surprised people around here like to pretend they hate labels and then that’s all they fucking do.
    2) I do not understand the election system
    3) naive - no wait that is too kind... what word would you use then tough guy? Say it and don’t be a pansy.

How about this, nominate an electable democrat. I’ll be voting in the dem primary...hoping for a candidate to come out that I can vote for. I can probably vote for 90% of them. But if they want to take the party to the crazy left I can’t vote it. And I won’t. And I can’t nor will I vote for trump.

The crazy left? 

Like providing education, healthcare and not putting kids in cages?

You have a strange definition of crazy....
    Yeah cause that’s what I said. You have a strange definition of reading comprehension.

Nd if this is your tactic to change people’s minds, it isn’t working. 

Nah, I realize some people are too far gone to be salvaged.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    This thread needs a humor break:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,953
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Safe place. Cute 
    Creepy Cheeto stalker. Cuter.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Safe place. Cute 
    Did you just call yourself cuter?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited April 2019
    dignin said:
    This place is fucking nuts.

3) naive - no wait that is too kind... what word would you use then tough guy? Say it and don’t be a pansy.

Haha. Too funny.
    Too scared to say it? 

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,953
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Safe place. Cute 
    Did you just call yourself cuter?
    No, your description. It’s cuter. Carries a certain sashay. Aplomb. Sign of a pure genius. Someone who says such things should be emulated. Admired even, if but from a distance. Rocket science.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Bernie Sanders Fox Town Hall tonight at 6:30 EST
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    Bernie Sanders Fox Town tonight at 6:30 EST
    Takes guts to go out in front of the Fox News firing squad and state your case. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    He has said he was treated fairly last time he did it, when that guy Bret Baier hosted it.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    edited April 2019
    I'm for an all inclusive Democratic Party.   

Here's a novel idea...instead of waiting on the CONVENTION let's get the platform together NOW and come at this fucker UNITED.  Before the bickering and infighting that the Dems will obviously start doing soon these fools should Pool all the money raised already and come at him with real COMBINED LEADERSHIP, a cabinet in place, a clear unified POLICY platform with actual plans on how to repair the damage that this IDIOT has done to the US government.

You know, we don't have a Secretary to the United Nations.  So many "acting" secretaries.  The State Department is a mess.  The EPA.  The cozy relationship with the Saudis, the love professed for KJI, the Russians.  Charlottesville.   He definitely demolished the administrative state.  "Disrupting" is the word that traitor Steve Bannon used.  Speaking as someone who has a keen eye for crime...He should be the one they lock up.

I'm still not voting for that creep Joe Biden.  #BACKTHEFUCKUP
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    edited April 2019
    Tiki said:
    I'm for an all inclusive Democratic Party.   

Here's a novel idea...instead of waiting on the CONVENTION let's get the platform together NOW and come at this fucker UNITED.  Before the bickering and infighting that the Dems will obviously start doing soon these fools should Pool all the money raised already and come at him with real COMBINED LEADERSHIP, a cabinet in place, a clear unified POLICY platform with actual plans on how to repair the damage that this IDIOT has done to the US government.

You know, we don't have a Secretary to the United Nations.  So many "acting" secretaries.  The State Department is a mess.  The EPA.  The cozy relationship with the Saudis, the love professed for KJI, the Russians.  Charlottesville.   He definitely demolished the administrative state.  "Disrupting" is the word that traitor Steve Bannon used.  Speaking as someone who has a keen eye for crime...He should be the one they lock up.

You make it sound as though America isn't the greatest nation in the world, Tiki.  What's up with that?  :wink:     

Seriously, if this country want s to gain back some of it's sense of decency, self-respect and world-wide respect, things have to change in 2020.  But that's just the facade.  The whole structure is rotting.  We have a lot of work to do.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Tiki said:

be careful with talk like that around here lol

Joe might have a slight problem on his hands

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.
    -Lenin
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

24% after two weeks of bad publicity and still no announcement?  I wouldn't say he has a problem. This is the first national poll I think I've seen.  It would be interesting is emerson has polled before the issue and if Joe moved down. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

24% after two weeks of bad publicity and still no announcement?  I wouldn't say he has a problem. This is the first national poll I think I've seen.  It would be interesting is emerson has polled before the issue and if Joe moved down. 
    He leads in every poll I've seen except for this one.

Pete will break him like a twig ofc.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here. If you're not, curious why you feel that Pete has greater odds than Biden.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here. If you're not, curious why you feel that Pete has greater odds than Biden.
    Biden has choked every time he tried? And I just think he will have a hard time keeping up with the young ones (Pete, Beto, Harris.... Bernie) in the debates, with their energy and progressive beliefs. 

But basically it's just funny painting Pete up as an unstoppable Terminator and I just think that you...

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

Don't care about the poll #... thats all based on name recognition right now.... i'm.concerned because i see a progressive poster on here saying no chance he votes for him.... there are more Tikis out there i'm betting.... not the smooth takeoff Joe was hoping for
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

Don't care about the poll #... thats all based on name recognition right now.... i'm.concerned because i see a progressive poster on here saying no chance he votes for him.... there are more Tikis out there i'm betting.... not the smooth takeoff Joe was hoping for
    Tiki - Trump, Biden or stay home?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

And same question to all the progressives here..
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

And same question to all the progressives here..
    Not a huge fan of Biden as president.

If I could vote, no question it would be Biden over Trump. That's a no brainer.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,436
    If BETO gets the nod i'll vote for him , if Pete gets the nod i'll be voting for him , if Bernie gets the nod i'll be voting for him , if Harris gets the nod i'll be voting for her , if WARREN gets the nod i'll be voting for her you see where i'm going with this >>>> Never ever Baffoon ! i'd rather be dead ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

Biden...as I'd think would be the case for anyone that thinks the republic is at stake vis-a-vis Trump and authoritarianism.  Which I do.  Is he the person America desperately needs?  No.  But sometimes good enough is good enough.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.