Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    Like getting a blowjob from an intern in her early 20's when your the most powerfulman in the world, that just happens to be married, lying about it and essentialy ruining that poor girls life? Bill runs laps around Trump on this front

Bias is on full display up in here
    We get it, everyone else is only capable of bias.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:
    Biden is a creep.  Overly affection with strangers makes you a creep.
    i generally like Biden but I don't know how anyone can see some of these clips of him with woman and girls and not think it's some creepy ass shit.  some of that stuff being shown is just...weird. 
    And that's all stuff that's in front of TV cameras. It may be worse behind the scenes. Someone said above that it was "wacked" that I would lump Biden in with Trump when talking about creeps. But I think there can be different levels of creepiness...

Highest level - Bill Clinton (alleged rapist)
    Middle level - Donald Trump (brags that he "grabs women by the pussy")
    Lowest level - Joe Biden (overly touchy/feely)
    Trump is also an alleged rapist.
    Yeah I actually thought that Clinton had been sued by Broderick so I placed him higher than Trump because I thought that was an official court case, and Trump "only" had people coming out and saying it. But a quick glance at the "Bill Clinton sexual misconduct" Wikipedia page shows that I'm actually wrong. Paul Jones sued him for sexual harassment, but he's never been sued for alleged sexual assault. So he and Trump are in the same boat. 
    Sweet!!
    You think it's sweet that two of our most recent presidents are rapists? You've got problems, man. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    pjhawks said:
    i generally like Biden but I don't know how anyone can see some of these clips of him with woman and girls and not think it's some creepy ass shit.  some of that stuff being shown is just...weird. 
    And that's all stuff that's in front of TV cameras. It may be worse behind the scenes. Someone said above that it was "wacked" that I would lump Biden in with Trump when talking about creeps. But I think there can be different levels of creepiness...

Trump is also an alleged rapist, and an alleged serial sexual predator in general.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    Like getting a blowjob from an intern in her early 20's when your the most powerfulman in the world, that just happens to be married, lying about it and essentialy ruining that poor girls life? Bill runs laps around Trump on this front

We get it, everyone else is only capable of bias.
    I know i have bias, and i try to be honest about it. Sometimes i am successful, sometimes i fall victim to it
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:

Trump is also an alleged rapist, and an alleged serial sexual predator in general.
    Yeah a few people have pointed that out. I had thought his only accusers were the ones that came out in 2016. But there's WAY more...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Yeah I actually thought that Clinton had been sued by Broderick so I placed him higher than Trump because I thought that was an official court case, and Trump "only" had people coming out and saying it. But a quick glance at the "Bill Clinton sexual misconduct" Wikipedia page shows that I'm actually wrong. Paul Jones sued him for sexual harassment, but he's never been sued for alleged sexual assault. So he and Trump are in the same boat. 
    Sweet!!
    You think it's sweet that two of our most recent presidents are rapists? You've got problems, man. 
    100% sure that was sarcasm.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Sweet!!
    lol, yeah no shit. I've been around the internet long enough to know that a response like that is equivalent to like "Cool story, bro" or whatever. So ya try to turn the tables by pretending you're taking him serious so he'll respond "You really think I think that's sweet???" or something. But I guess that's off the table now since you pointed it out. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Sweet!!
    lol, yeah no shit. I've been around the internet long enough to know that a response like that is equivalent to like "Cool story, bro" or whatever. So ya try to turn the tables by pretending you're taking him serious so he'll respond "You really think I think that's sweet???" or something. But I guess that's off the table now since you pointed it out. 
    OFF. THE. TABLE!!

Edit: And leave your shoes at the front door.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Sweet!!
    OFF. THE. TABLE!!

Gotta say, the vendetta against indoor shoes was one I certainly wasn't counting on in a Trump thread.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Sweet!!
    It's not cool story bro, it's more of... sad that now they are equal on this topic. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    dignin said:

OFF. THE. TABLE!!

Gotta say, the vendetta against indoor shoes was one I certainly wasn't counting on in a Trump thread.
    Like his presidency, there's never any way of telling where things will go next in this thread

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It's not cool story bro, it's more of... sad that now they are equal on this topic. 
    I always took "cool story, bro" as a sarcastic way of saying "it's NOT a cool story and I find your post/comment stupid." And that's how I interpreted you replying "sweet." 

Either way, they're both creepy weirdos. It's amazing how some people are so shameless that they can be accused of sexual assault on multiple occasions and walk around like it's no big deal. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,936
    my2hands said:

you should read up on what SHE has to say about it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,146
    my2hands said:

That's a trolling amount of reach.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Biden, Sanders seem to be one and two in polls. It’s early, but if this trend continues, does anybody see that being the ticket? I know this was talked about earlier in the thread. I feel it’s  a strong ticket, but lacking in diversity which could be a problem. I don’t think age is a huge factor when matched up against T/P, plus I feel Sanders connects with younger voters well.
    It will be interesting to see more recent polling to determine if this issue with Biden is damaging.  If I were him,  I'd do a presser apologizing for any past minor transgressions and promise to be more thoughtful.  I would not announce until I saw polling to show how effective that was.  I am personally curious to see if progressives are capable of allowing people to grow. 
    Hey Matt, did you give Joe a call this morning?
    Joe Biden, accused of inappropriate physical contact by multiple women, says he will change his behavior

"I want to talk about gestures of support that I’ve made to women and some men that have made them uncomfortable,” Biden said, seated on a couch and speaking directly to the camera. “I’ve always tried to make a human connection that’s my responsibility, I think ... it’s the way I’ve always been, it’s the way I try to show I care about them and listening.”

But despite that, Biden said, he is going to be “mindful” of people’s boundaries going forward.

“The boundaries of protecting personal space have been reset. I get it, I get it, I hear what they’re saying and I understand it,” he said.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I'm a senior adviser,  and use this site to poll test theories. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm a senior adviser,  and use this site to poll test theories. 
    I knew it!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited April 2019
    FWIW, I tend to agree that the jokes/speculation regarding Ivanka and her father are completely inappropriate. If it's true, then the trauma she has experienced is not funny at all, and no survivor of sexual abuse should be re-traumatized in the media by comedians or continuous public scrutiny. I don't think it's right at all.
    Who is joking or speculating? It’s not joking or speculating to post the comments he’s made. 
    If he weren't our infamous president, and he weren't a real estate brand, and his comments were made at a small private party of neighbors, and Ivanka were really being molested by her father, it would be an absolute tragedy for her. The family would be suffering terribly, and I would hope that if any of us learned it was happening, we would either intervene or in the least display empathy and tact when discussing the neighbors. Now as it is, we all think it's gross and creepy -- and yet we gawk and we gawk, and we replay and replay the comments for all to hear, including Ivanka, a potentially real victim. 

Just like that little girl in the video shown above, whose parents, I hear, have said publicly that their daughter was not traumatized by the vice-president. But now she goes down in history as the kid who was molested by dirty old Joe Biden. How terrible for that little girl. THINK ABOUT IT -- if you cared that she was being traumatized, would you continue to play over and over the video where she was traumatized, recreating the trauma for the child every time you played it? Why would you do that? Enough. It's sick. Not Joe Biden. People's disgusting fascination with this shit -- that's what's sick, not for one minute thinking anything's wrong with exploiting that little girl in the media. You are all complicit every time you click on the bait.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,840
    FWIW, I tend to agree that the jokes/speculation regarding Ivanka and her father are completely inappropriate. If it's true, then the trauma she has experienced is not funny at all, and no survivor of sexual abuse should be re-traumatized in the media by comedians or continuous public scrutiny. I don't think it's right at all.
    Who is joking or speculating? It’s not joking or speculating to post the comments he’s made. 
    If he weren't our infamous president, and he weren't a real estate brand, and his comments were made at a small private party of neighbors, and Ivanka were really being molested by her father, it would be an absolute tragedy for her. The family would be suffering terribly, and I would hope that if any of us learned it was happening, we would either intervene or in the least display empathy and tact when discussing the neighbors. Now as it is, we all think it's gross and creepy -- and yet we gawk and we gawk, and we replay and replay the comments for all to hear, including Ivanka, a potentially real victim. 

Just like that little girl in the video shown above, whose parents, I hear, have said publicly that their daughter was not traumatized by the vice-president. But now she goes down in history as the kid who was molested by dirty old Joe Biden. How terrible for that little girl. THINK ABOUT IT -- if you cared that she was being traumatized, would you continue to play over and over the video where she was traumatized, recreating the trauma for the child every time you played it? Why would you do that? Enough. It's sick. Not Joe Biden. People's disgusting fascination with this shit -- that's what's sick, not for one minute thinking anything's wrong with exploiting that little girl in the media. You are all complicit every time you click on the bait.

That's a whole lot of "ifs". And I personally have never thought Ivanka is or was actually being molested. I don't think I've ever seen anyone even claim that; it's just what I think is perfectly normal disgust with his comments. Of course it would be a tragedy if it were true, I just don't think there's any evidence that it is, and I don't think anyone is going to stop talking about situations just because they could potentially be much worse than they appear. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Hi! said:
    Smart man... he's not a coward 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    my2hands said:
    Agree about your first two words, not your insinuation about the rest of the party.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

That's a whole lot of "ifs". And I personally have never thought Ivanka is or was actually being molested. I don't think I've ever seen anyone even claim that; it's just what I think is perfectly normal disgust with his comments. Of course it would be a tragedy if it were true, I just don't think there's any evidence that it is, and I don't think anyone is going to stop talking about situations just because they could potentially be much worse than they appear. 
    And this is exactly how lives get ruined . . . People continuing to talk about things they know nothing about but think they do. Funny how I just had the same conversation with my 7th graders before lunch. They see their peers' lives getting wrecked this way all the time, and they're emotionally exhausted by it. 

But please do carry on. 
  • Options

And this is exactly how lives get ruined . . . People continuing to talk about things they know nothing about but think they do. Funny how I just had the same conversation with my 7th graders before lunch. They see their peers' lives getting wrecked this way all the time, and they're emotionally exhausted by it. 

But please do carry on. 
    Were only quoting what Trump himself has said.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,146
    edited April 2019
    CHARLAMAGNE LOVES MAYOR PETE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj4cIAf9Vjs
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for posting. I’m gonna check out some of those interviews. I’ve never watched Breakfast Club nor do I have any idea who Charlemagne is, but think I would like it.

Sweet looks like they are available on my Apple Podcasts App.
    Post edited by Hi! on

• Options
    Biden live right now and I’m loving it. 

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    Hi! said:
    Who is he sniffing?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Who is he sniffing?
    You must think Trump is grabbing a vagina right now too.
This discussion has been closed.