Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you are going to try to make the case that Biden is creepy and/or out of touch, I suggest also referring to adult females as "women."
    Hahahaha “girl” is more offensive than a creepy dude that continues to touch women inappropriately? Interesting priorities.
    As a woman, I say there is nothing "creepy" about Biden at all. He does need to stop being so damned affectionate like that obviously. I'm sure he's now learned his lesson. I'm guessing nobody has called him on it before exactly because it is completely innocent, kind behaviour, and it was awkward to mention.
    I would like to say that I am PISSED that the #metoo movement is being weaponized in this way.
    I don’t think it’s weaponized. This is exactly part of the purpose. To get old creepy guys to understand when they had been creepy and to stop.

Its fine if you don’t think it’s creepy. The ladies who have come out thought it was. I think it is. I wouldn’t leave my daughter alone with him. He obviously doesn’t understand how not to behave like a creep.

No, it is not part of the purpose IMO. Making a nice, innocent person to look like a creepy pervert is most definitely not part of the purpose. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't stop, but this is a SMEAR campaign, not friendly advice to stop being so friendly and affectionate in a completely non-sexual way. And it is VERY clearly being used as a political weapon in this case.
    Sniffing hair is friendly and affectionate?  Seriously?  Dude is straight up creepy.  What he has been doing is creepy and inappropriate and needs to stop.  And people need to stop making excuses for him.
    Yes, it is friendly and affectionate because he was doing it as a friendly and affectionate act. I already said it's not appropriate behaviour and that he needs to stop, so please stop acting like I haven't. But it's not pervy like people are making it out to be. That is my point. The #metoo movement is NOT for women to use use as political weapons against men like this. It is about sexual harassment, abuse, etc. It's not about some old man who inappropriately gives kisses on heads because he's got some misplaced father-like tendency to express warmth, which is what I'm 100% convinced is going on here. There is absolutely nothing sexual about it, and it's not harassment. Like I said, someone should have told him to stop it a long time ago, but nobody did, because they knew his intent was not sexual. And FWIW, I have no horse in a race here. I don't want Biden to be POTUS or anything. I'm looking at this as a women who supports the #metoo movement.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's interesting that two of the most vocal anti Biden here, Cincy and Two Hands, are generally critical of Democrats.  Coincidence?
    Coincidence that we try to call it fairly regardless of party? 

You realize i'm a registered Democrat that has never voted for a Republican, right? that has openly stated i will likely be voting Biden in the primary, and have voted for him previously? That doesn't mean i'm going excuse it away as creepy innocence and try to act like nothing is there... blame Joe not Cincy & I

And yes, i will always hold my party accountable and to a high standard... and YES i'm always going to question and criticize politicians in all parties, especially my own 

Feel free to go back to your team sport, go blue! :)
    You haven't said anything positive about a democratic position or negative about a Republican one in forever. If im wrong,  then I apologize.  And I think you've seen me criticize a host of progressive positions where I think they are too liberal. 
    Democrats platform since late 2015: Trump sucks... am i missing something? You really need someone else in this tiny echo chamber repeating that ad nauseam 

GOP positions, i disagree with 75-90% if them top to bottom,  maybe more... again, you need someone else in here screaming how bad they suck? Fuck dude, how boring do you want this place. It's a rock bands message board, you want me to bang out policy positions with my phone and debate them with people that won't change their mind anyway? Yeah, no thanks. 

Sorry i dont meet your standards of being a good Democrat, or AMT Team Blue member, i'll try harder 

What i have been saying for 6 months is being a bunch of elitist name calling assholes isnt going to win 2020, and makes us as bad as those we supposedly despise. And the russian red scare has been oversold. Oh, and cable news is divisive toxic bullshit. 

It's so funny... if you dont get in lockstep with the bullshit talking points here on the AMT, people think you're GOP or a Trumper lol

1. On the "name-calling assholes" (which, by the way, ironically you became one of when you wrote this and called 'em all assholes) - I and several other closer-to-DNC-leaners on here have spent great lengths to talk about the counter-productive nature of mocking your debate opponents. That said, I haven't sees any of this effort from you to be above this behaviour to date. You should practice what you preach, or stop preaching. Either would be nice.

2. You know what happens when everyone agrees about a topic? They stop discussing it because there's nothing to discuss. You're regularly the one who comes on here and reminds people how delusional you find them to be. You keep the conversation you'd like to end alive. More irony.

3. Cable news IS divisive toxic bullshit. I assume that's where you got the notion that your short list of topics are the only Democratic platform points since 2015.

4. If you come here to shit on everyone and only point out what they're not, people won't care what you are (GOP, Trumper, Democrat, rhino), and they certainly won't care what you have to say. 

Take it or leave it, but how you're making your points is not conducive to them being accepted. I won't pretend I feel that I've had much more luck, but I work extremely hard to not be a dick. And I won't ever regret that.
    You could have saved a lot of typing and just said i was a dick
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's interesting that two of the most vocal anti Biden here, Cincy and Two Hands, are generally critical of Democrats.  Coincidence?

You realize i'm a registered Democrat that has never voted for a Republican, right? that has openly stated i will likely be voting Biden in the primary, and have voted for him previously? That doesn't mean i'm going excuse it away as creepy innocence and try to act like nothing is there... blame Joe not Cincy & I

And yes, i will always hold my party accountable and to a high standard... and YES i'm always going to question and criticize politicians in all parties, especially my own 

You haven't said anything positive about a democratic position or negative about a Republican one in forever. If im wrong,  then I apologize.  And I think you've seen me criticize a host of progressive positions where I think they are too liberal. 
    Democrats platform since late 2015: Trump sucks... am i missing something? You really need someone else in this tiny echo chamber repeating that ad nauseam 

GOP positions, i disagree with 75-90% if them top to bottom,  maybe more... again, you need someone else in here screaming how bad they suck? Fuck dude, how boring do you want this place. It's a rock bands message board, you want me to bang out policy positions with my phone and debate them with people that won't change their mind anyway? Yeah, no thanks. 

Sorry i dont meet your standards of being a good Democrat, or AMT Team Blue member, i'll try harder 

What i have been saying for 6 months is being a bunch of elitist name calling assholes isnt going to win 2020, and makes us as bad as those we supposedly despise. And the russian red scare has been oversold. Oh, and cable news is divisive toxic bullshit. 

It's so funny... if you dont get in lockstep with the bullshit talking points here on the AMT, people think you're GOP or a Trumper lol

1. On the "name-calling assholes" (which, by the way, ironically you became one of when you wrote this and called 'em all assholes) - I and several other closer-to-DNC-leaners on here have spent great lengths to talk about the counter-productive nature of mocking your debate opponents. That said, I haven't sees any of this effort from you to be above this behaviour to date. You should practice what you preach, or stop preaching. Either would be nice.

2. You know what happens when everyone agrees about a topic? They stop discussing it because there's nothing to discuss. You're regularly the one who comes on here and reminds people how delusional you find them to be. You keep the conversation you'd like to end alive. More irony.

3. Cable news IS divisive toxic bullshit. I assume that's where you got the notion that your short list of topics are the only Democratic platform points since 2015.

4. If you come here to shit on everyone and only point out what they're not, people won't care what you are (GOP, Trumper, Democrat, rhino), and they certainly won't care what you have to say. 

Take it or leave it, but how you're making your points is not conducive to them being accepted. I won't pretend I feel that I've had much more luck, but I work extremely hard to not be a dick. And I won't ever regret that.
    You could have saved a lot of typing and just said i was a dick
    I like conversation with good people (which I honestly do presume we all on here are, including you), and would love to engage with you on a more mature level. 

If the dick comment is because of my last sentence, I realize now how that looked in writing, and want you to know I wasn't attempting to call you that at all. My point in that line was just that we have to do better than write what we think without due consideration of how it's received. Ironically, I failed at that, so my apologies, my2hands.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:

You do strike me as a conservative in a liberal's (or whatever you think of yourself as) body.  You don't like Trump and you do vote Democrat.  But I think you prefer Trump voters as people to anti-Trump folks, or at least the ones here.  You call us PC (a right-wing way to dismiss dialog), you call us elitist (a right-wing way to trumpet ignorance over data, knowledge, and expertise). You trumpet America as #1 (case closed). Sometimes it seems like you like to "own the libs."  I honestly can't tell whether you think that the best folk in the world are Trump folk or if you are just trying to overcompensate for the "echo chamber."  Either way, it's kinda draining and I say this as someone with history of draining people with my negativity.  That's just how I am reading and taking it; can't speak for anyone else.

Look, in some ways, the left drives me nuts just like with you. The confidence that Trump was going to lose because he was a buffoon was bad enough, but carrying that same exact attitude to this point (and presumably to 2020) is kinda frightening.  And if Trump wins (a probability) you and I will not be surprised and most of the left somehow will.  "He's an idiot; nobody should vote for him!"  should not be on anyone's lips after 2016.  And I come here to vent since it's anonymous.  You may catch me saying that with Trump and his three oldest, we're looking at 30 more years.  I really believe that's possible.  

But you seem to have a lot of disdain for the rest of us.  And some of it seems rooted in our "Trump Derangement Syndrome."  That and the "echo chamber" factor.
    Conservative in a liberals body... um, no
    Prefer Trump voters... i like most humans
    Call "us" PC... If you think it applies to you, maybe?
    Call "us" elitist... see above 
    Trumpet America as #1... thats mostly fucking around, but whats wrong with liking where you live?
    Owning the libs... um, no
    Draining... don't like it, don't read it
    Have a lot of disdain for the rest of "us"..... disdain? Because i go out of my way to challenge my fellow progressives, i'm showing disdain? Is it snowing? 

thanks...

i only called one poster elitist directly... but yes, if you don't see blatant elitism going on around here in reference to Trump and Trump voters, then you're blind... and i see it as an example of progressives and dems around the country, so i feel the need to speak up. 

Calling your neighbor a moron isn't going to win elections, just ask the deplorables 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    You really do seem to have a lot of disdain for a lot of us. That is how you come off. If that's not how you feel, then you're doing a bad job of showing it.
    But anyway... I think you just completely misuse the word "elitist".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    If Trump exhibited the same behavior as Biden there would be a 100 page thread on it right now.
    That's all i'm saying... it's blatant bias... if Joe was GOP people in here would be going bonkers
  • Options
    republican VP won't have dinner with females and calls his wife mother - creepy as fuck who probably secretly lusts after his own mother
    democratic VP puts his hands on women/colleagues, massages them, sniffs their hair, kisses them on the nose - nice and innocent guy. 
    Exactly 

It's plain as day
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:

You do strike me as a conservative in a liberal's (or whatever you think of yourself as) body.  You don't like Trump and you do vote Democrat.  But I think you prefer Trump voters as people to anti-Trump folks, or at least the ones here.  You call us PC (a right-wing way to dismiss dialog), you call us elitist (a right-wing way to trumpet ignorance over data, knowledge, and expertise). You trumpet America as #1 (case closed). Sometimes it seems like you like to "own the libs."  I honestly can't tell whether you think that the best folk in the world are Trump folk or if you are just trying to overcompensate for the "echo chamber."  Either way, it's kinda draining and I say this as someone with history of draining people with my negativity.  That's just how I am reading and taking it; can't speak for anyone else.

Look, in some ways, the left drives me nuts just like with you. The confidence that Trump was going to lose because he was a buffoon was bad enough, but carrying that same exact attitude to this point (and presumably to 2020) is kinda frightening.  And if Trump wins (a probability) you and I will not be surprised and most of the left somehow will.  "He's an idiot; nobody should vote for him!"  should not be on anyone's lips after 2016.  And I come here to vent since it's anonymous.  You may catch me saying that with Trump and his three oldest, we're looking at 30 more years.  I really believe that's possible.  

But you seem to have a lot of disdain for the rest of us.  And some of it seems rooted in our "Trump Derangement Syndrome."  That and the "echo chamber" factor.
    Conservative in a liberals body... um, no
    Prefer Trump voters... i like most humans
    Call "us" PC... If you think it applies to you, maybe?
    Call "us" elitist... see above 
    Trumpet America as #1... thats mostly fucking around, but whats wrong with liking where you live?
    Owning the libs... um, no
    Draining... don't like it, don't read it
    Have a lot of disdain for the rest of "us"..... disdain? Because i go out of my way to challenge my fellow progressives, i'm showing disdain? Is it snowing? 

thanks...

i only called one poster elitist directly... but yes, if you don't see blatant elitism going on around here in reference to Trump and Trump voters, then you're blind... and i see it as an example of progressives and dems around the country, so i feel the need to speak up. 

Calling your neighbor a moron isn't going to win elections, just ask the deplorables 
    The "elistest" thing was reference to several months ago, when you threw the term around a lot...in fairness, that might be old news now.  But I'm just telling you how I read it...I know we cannot judge tone in this medium.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:
    If Trump exhibited the same behavior as Biden there would be a 100 page thread on it right now.
    That's all i'm saying... it's blatant bias... if Joe was GOP people in here would be going bonkers
    I can only speak for myself on that one... But that's bullshit IMO. Obviously Trump isn't capable of exhibiting that same behaviour, because he is already a proven sexual perv with not a warm bone in his entire body, so that comparison is moot. But FWIW, if Joe was GOP and the same otherwise I absolutely would NOT think differently about it, and making that assumption is very, very lazy.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:
    Comparing the two is pretty dumb. One has multiple accusations of sexual assault, is a serial adulterer and lusts after his daughter.

"Grab em' by the pussy"

Yeah, same same.

Sorry, I just can't bend over backwards to be captain contrarian.

• Options
    Trump sucks! Yay!

Everybody feel better now? Lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Trump sucks! Yay!

And there's that disdain we were talking about. Lol
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    You really do seem to have a lot of disdain for a lot of us. That is how you come off. If that's not how you feel, then you're doing a bad job of showing it.
    But anyway... I think you just completely misuse the word "elitist".
    Well, i certainly have no disdain for anyone here... although it sure seems like folks have no problem showing disdain for the few Trump folks left here... but anyway... i honestly think people are being WAY too uptight, but i will heed your words and move along

I am using elitist correctly

Peace
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Uncomfortable when someone touches, rubs, sniffs, or otherwise gets too close?

Step back politely and say, "I'm sorry. I'm really not a hugger" or "Thanks, but I just don't like my neck rubbed." I've said things like this many times in my life, and it's always been followed by an apology and a friendly discussion about different preferences about personal space. 
    Exactly. Just step back. Like this 13-year-old girl had to.....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070

Step back politely and say, "I'm sorry. I'm really not a hugger" or "Thanks, but I just don't like my neck rubbed." I've said things like this many times in my life, and it's always been followed by an apology and a friendly discussion about different preferences about personal space. 

This is not funny. But I can't stop laughing at this GIF. Coons(?) or whatever his name is, that grin and then headturn.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    ^^^ Yeah, awkward as hell, and nothing sexual about it. Right in front of her parents who are pleased as punch. This is like a kid not liking when ugly Aunt Hilda gives them a big smooch on the cheek. FFS. The real creeps are the ones who are using #metoo against Biden for shit like this. They are the pervs. It reminds me of the people who look at a photo of a little kid in a bath tub and say it's inappropriate material. That said, Biden's gonna have to stop kissing people, lol. I'm quite sure he's aware!
  • Options
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:
    Comparing the two is pretty dumb. One has multiple accusations of sexual assault, is a serial adulterer and lusts after his daughter.

"Grab em' by the pussy"

Yeah, same same.

Never compared him to Trump, and never compared the behavior, and lusting after his daughter is far from fact and is conjecture

If Joe was Mitch McConnell or any other GOP member the folks on this message board would be going crazy. That is all i am saying. Period. Full stop. I am not saying he shouldn't run, I'm not saying it's disqualifying, i'm not even saying it will stop me from voting for him in the primary.  I'm just saying there us obvious bias at play here on this forum. You going to argue this is an unbiased forum? Lol
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Trump sucks! Yay!

And there's that disdain we were talking about. Lol
    That's disdain? 

Good lord, i'm out. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Oh for fucks sake this place is nuts.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Indeed.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649

You’re just now figuring that out?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

You’re just now figuring that out?
    And it seems that he has some kind of problem with that, haha. :pensive:
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:

"Grab em' by the pussy"

Yeah, same same.

Never compared him to Trump, and never compared the behavior, and lusting after his daughter is far from fact and is conjecture

If Joe was Mitch McConnell or any other GOP member the folks on this message board would be going crazy. That is all i am saying. Period. Full stop. I am not saying he shouldn't run, I'm not saying it's disqualifying, i'm not even saying it will stop me from voting for him in the primary.  I'm just saying there us obvious bias at play here on this forum. You going to argue this is an unbiased forum? Lol
    I think Trump lusting after his daughter is fact. Given all the evidence, it seems undeniable to me.
    And no, I would NOT be going crazy. For the third time. I'll have to assume you don't believe me, but it's true. I'm not arguing this is an unbiased forum. I'm arguing that I'm not biased about the Biden kissing thing. That you assume everyone here is biased about everything is just ridiculous. You seem to think you know how others think better than they do.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:

"Grab em' by the pussy"

Yeah, same same.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-ivanka-trump-creepiest-most-unsettling-comments-a-roundup-a7353876.html%3famp
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    PJ_Soul said:
    Indeed.
    word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Maybe his breath smells. 

Just wondering about the moments before and after. I really hate this new Gif technology that puts a 3 second clip on instant replay. How long did he really linger there? How crowded is the stage? How did they coach the kid for the photo-op? 
  • Options
    FWIW, I tend to agree that the jokes/speculation regarding Ivanka and her father are completely inappropriate. If it's true, then the trauma she has experienced is not funny at all, and no survivor of sexual abuse should be re-traumatized in the media by comedians or continuous public scrutiny. I don't think it's right at all.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    edited April 2019

Maybe his breath smells. 

Just wondering about the moments before and after. I really hate this new Gif technology that puts a 3 second clip on instant replay. How long did he really linger there? How crowded is the stage? How did they coach the kid for the photo-op? 
    Holy shit, that's your response? Well here, if you really need more context, watch a longer version.....

https://youtu.be/U5gGrTaPSsY

And really, taking the attempted kiss out of the equation, he shouldn't even be holding her arm like that. And above, PJ_Soul complained of the GOP "weaponizing" the "MeToo" movement by showing stuff like this. Isn't stuff like this exactly what the MeToo movement is about?  Unwanted touching and kissing...even if there's nothing sexual about it? Or does it have to be flat-out sexual assault?

Like my2hands said above, it's not disqualifying or reason to think he's unfit to be the President. Hell, Trump's the president and I agree with PJ_Soul who noted above that Trump lusts for his daughter. He does. He's a creep. And so is Biden. 

"Maybe his breath smells." Wow. Or maybe she just doesn't want to be kissed on the cheek by her father's boss. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    FWIW, I tend to agree that the jokes/speculation regarding Ivanka and her father are completely inappropriate. If it's true, then the trauma she has experienced is not funny at all, and no survivor of sexual abuse should be re-traumatized in the media by comedians or continuous public scrutiny. I don't think it's right at all.
    Who is joking or speculating? It’s not joking or speculating to post the comments he’s made. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Maybe his breath smells. 

Holy shit, that's your response? Well here, if you really need more context, watch a longer version.....

https://youtu.be/U5gGrTaPSsY

And really, taking the attempted kiss out of the equation, he shouldn't even be holding her arm like that. And above, PJ_Soul complained of the GOP "weaponizing" the "MeToo" movement by showing stuff like this. Isn't stuff like this exactly what the MeToo movement is about?  Unwanted touching and kissing...even if there's nothing sexual about it? Or does it have to be flat-out sexual assault?

Like my2hands said above, it's not disqualifying or reason to think he's unfit to be the President. Hell, Trump's the president and I agree with PJ_Soul who noted above that Trump lusts for his daughter. He does. He's a creep. And so is Biden. 

"Maybe his breath smells." Wow. Or maybe she just doesn't want to be kissed on the cheek by her father's boss. 
    Oh for God sakes. So he held her arm while he said something funny. That is a completely different view and 

And then her mom patted him on the shoulder and said, "Thanks." Oh, no, she touched his shoulder. What a creepy woman. I hope she never runs for office. 

You know, I'm a sexual abuse survivor, for ten years as a child abused by a family member.  I am super tuned in to this whole public conversation,  and yes, there are a lot of people making it very difficult for the rest of the world to understand and believe real victims.

Boundaries are difficult. Every woman and girl gets to set her own. There are many situations where women and girls are completely powerless to stop the abuse they suffer. 

But these two women accusing Biden were not powerless. They certainly are powerful enough to go straight to the media to cause a stir. But they were not powerful enough to just turn around in the moment to ask, "Really, Joe? Smelling my hair? Please don't."  And based on his current response, that he's listening and learning, I bet he would have stopped and felt awful. His is not the unreflecting response of a creep.
This discussion has been closed.