Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited April 2019
    Uncomfortable when someone touches, rubs, sniffs, or otherwise gets too close?

Step back politely and say, "I'm sorry. I'm really not a hugger" or "Thanks, but I just don't like my neck rubbed." I've said things like this many times in my life, and it's always been followed by an apology and a friendly discussion about different preferences about personal space. 
    Exactly. Just step back. Like this 13-year-old girl had to.....

Maybe his breath smells. 

Just wondering about the moments before and after. I really hate this new Gif technology that puts a 3 second clip on instant replay. How long did he really linger there? How crowded is the stage? How did they coach the kid for the photo-op? 
    Holy shit, that's your response? Well here, if you really need more context, watch a longer version.....

https://youtu.be/U5gGrTaPSsY

And really, taking the attempted kiss out of the equation, he shouldn't even be holding her arm like that. And above, PJ_Soul complained of the GOP "weaponizing" the "MeToo" movement by showing stuff like this. Isn't stuff like this exactly what the MeToo movement is about?  Unwanted touching and kissing...even if there's nothing sexual about it? Or does it have to be flat-out sexual assault?

Like my2hands said above, it's not disqualifying or reason to think he's unfit to be the President. Hell, Trump's the president and I agree with PJ_Soul who noted above that Trump lusts for his daughter. He does. He's a creep. And so is Biden. 

"Maybe his breath smells." Wow. Or maybe she just doesn't want to be kissed on the cheek by her father's boss. 
    No. Again, this is NOT what the MeToo movement is about. I mean FFS, it's not about someone who puts their hand on an arm while speaking to someone and shit like that. It is not about normal human contact that ends up being awkward. At all. It is indeed about sexual misconduct/assault. Turning it into any time anyone is made to feel awkward by any kind of physical contact whatsoever is what you call OVERKILL. And look at how using it like is going. It's making me angry. It completely depletes the real meaning behind #metoo and makes the movement seem like hysteria, and that hurts all women.
    No, that does not mean it's appropriate behaviour. But not all inappropriate behaviour or behaviour that makes someone feel awkward is #metoo material.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    Okay this is not a hill I'm willing to die on. Sorry to hear about you've been through, what dreams. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Well I can't believe you just lumped Trump and Biden together as creeps. That is just wacked, sorry.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    sorry.
    Apology accepted. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,937

this is what metoo is about.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Okay this is not a hill I'm willing to die on. Sorry to hear about you've been through, what dreams. 
    Thank you.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    sorry.
    Apology accepted. 
    Lol, good. :)
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Biden is a creep.  Overly affection with strangers makes you a creep.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited April 2019
    Sanders/Harris
    Sanders/Booker
    Sanders/Warren 
    Sanders/Buttigieg 

Beto/Harris
    Betto/Klobuchar 
    Beto/Booker
    Beto/Abrams 

Booker/Harris
    Booker/Warren
    Booker/Beto
    Booker/Klobuchar 

Biden/Harris
    Biden/Klobuchar 
    Biden/Booker
    Biden/Holder
    Biden/Abrams

Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    Thank you.
    Great commentary by you and PJ Soul on this issue.  It helped crystallize what I was thinking but did not have the adequate words to support.  Thank you. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I don’t think Trump is beatable, unless....

nominate Booker and maybe Trump drops an n-bomb.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden, Sanders seem to be one and two in polls. It’s early, but if this trend continues, does anybody see that being the ticket? I know this was talked about earlier in the thread. I feel it’s  a strong ticket, but lacking in diversity which could be a problem. I don’t think age is a huge factor when matched up against T/P, plus I feel Sanders connects with younger voters well.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    Hi! said:
    Biden, Sanders seem to be one and two in polls. It’s early, but if this trend continues, does anybody see that being the ticket? I know this was talked about earlier in the thread. I feel it’s  a strong ticket, but lacking in diversity which could be a problem. I don’t think age is a huge factor when matched up against T/P, plus I feel Sanders connects with younger voters well.
    I cannot see the Dems sending out to old white guys this year.  Which probably means they will ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    It will be interesting to see more recent polling to determine if this issue with Biden is damaging.  If I were him,  I'd do a presser apologizing for any past minor transgressions and promise to be more thoughtful.  I would not announce until I saw polling to show how effective that was.  I am personally curious to see if progressives are capable of allowing people to grow. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,840
    Hi! said:
    I don't see it being the ticket. I think the party knows that they need to add in diversity or risk some voters staying home in disgust. On the other hand, if there's anything Trump couldn't seize on to attack it would be their age and gender (not to worry, he'll find plenty of other things).

And I could be wrong, but I don't see Sanders agreeing to be only VP. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    It will be interesting to see more recent polling to determine if this issue with Biden is damaging.  If I were him,  I'd do a presser apologizing for any past minor transgressions and promise to be more thoughtful.  I would not announce until I saw polling to show how effective that was.  I am personally curious to see if progressives are capable of allowing people to grow. 
    I agree. 
    I think I seen yesterday where the Flores lady said something like, “is it even a question”, referring to who she would vote for in a Biden Trump matchup. Lol, I thought it was funny. But yeah, maybe Biden could hold a round table discussion with the women he’s offended, or something like that, I don’t know. I think it’s good this all came out early enough for him to put it behind him, hopefully.I do feel it will have a small affect on his poll numbers.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I agree. 
    I think I seen yesterday where the Flores lady said something like, “is it even a question”, referring to who she would vote for in a Biden Trump matchup. Lol, I thought it was funny. But yeah, maybe Biden could hold a round table discussion with the women he’s offended, or something like that, I don’t know. I think it’s good this all came out early enough for him to put it behind him, hopefully.I do feel it will have a small affect on his poll numbers.
    At dinner in Naples last night (very conservative area), we were next to a table of 3 older guys and a woman.  The guys were definitely Republican.  They were talking about this,  loudly,  and the men were all calling him a creep and what not.  Interestingly,  the woman didn't think it was a big deal.  We actually after a few minutes because one guy was drunk and swearing like a dick, and I had my family.  

Point being,  this small sample size reflects what the ladies here have been saying.  I think those predisposed against Biden are seizing.  Those not, seem to be not a shocked. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I agree. 
    At dinner in Naples last night (very conservative area), we were next to a table of 3 older guys and a woman.  The guys were definitely Republican.  They were talking about this,  loudly,  and the men were all calling him a creep and what not.  Interestingly,  the woman didn't think it was a big deal.  We actually after a few minutes because one guy was drunk and swearing like a dick, and I had my family.  

Point being,  this small sample size reflects what the ladies here have been saying.  I think those predisposed against Biden are seizing.  Those not, seem to be not a shocked. 
    Perhaps it's those predisposed to be for Biden are ignoring the behavior and those not are not ignoring the behavior?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I agree. 

Perhaps it's those predisposed to be for Biden are ignoring the behavior and those not are not ignoring the behavior?
    Could be for sure.  Although PJ soul said she wasn't and her staked  position is clear. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    i generally like Biden but I don't know how anyone can see some of these clips of him with woman and girls and not think it's some creepy ass shit.  some of that stuff being shown is just...weird. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    i generally like Biden but I don't know how anyone can see some of these clips of him with woman and girls and not think it's some creepy ass shit.  some of that stuff being shown is just...weird. 
    And that's all stuff that's in front of TV cameras. It may be worse behind the scenes. Someone said above that it was "wacked" that I would lump Biden in with Trump when talking about creeps. But I think there can be different levels of creepiness...

Highest level - Bill Clinton (alleged rapist)
    Middle level - Donald Trump (brags that he "grabs women by the pussy")
    Lowest level - Joe Biden (overly touchy/feely)

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,840
    pjhawks said:
    And that's all stuff that's in front of TV cameras. It may be worse behind the scenes. Someone said above that it was "wacked" that I would lump Biden in with Trump when talking about creeps. But I think there can be different levels of creepiness...

Creep-o-meter. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Creep-o-meter. 
    An even lower level than touchy/feely could be the pervs that spy on or take pictures of girls. Like George in Back to the Future. "He's a peeping tom."

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjhawks said:

Trump is also an alleged rapist.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,147
    PRESIDENT
    PETE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Yeah I actually thought that Clinton had been sued by Broderick so I placed him higher than Trump because I thought that was an official court case, and Trump "only" had people coming out and saying it. But a quick glance at the "Bill Clinton sexual misconduct" Wikipedia page shows that I'm actually wrong. Paul Jones sued him for sexual harassment, but he's never been sued for alleged sexual assault. So he and Trump are in the same boat. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,147
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Yeah I actually thought that Clinton had been sued by Broderick so I placed him higher than Trump because I thought that was an official court case, and Trump "only" had people coming out and saying it. But a quick glance at the "Bill Clinton sexual misconduct" Wikipedia page shows that I'm actually wrong. Paul Jones sued him for sexual harassment, but he's never been sued for alleged sexual assault. So he and Trump are in the same boat. 
    "At least 22 women have accused President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct between the 1970s and 2013."
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Sweet!!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    pjhawks said:

Trump's ex wife accused him of rape and a 13 year old girl did too. Throw in the daughter stuff and him walking in on teens changing in beauty pageants and in my humble opinion Trump takes this creep contest easily.

There's so much stuff it's easy to forget.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Like getting a blowjob from an intern in her early 20's when your the most powerfulman in the world, that just happens to be married, lying about it and essentialy ruining that poor girls life? Bill runs laps around Trump on this front

Bias is on full display up in here
This discussion has been closed.