Options

YOUR SIX TIME SOON TO BE SEVEN TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Poncier said:
    Yeah, I think the only way we see Zappe is if Hoyer gets hurt.
    And voila.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Looks like we got something there in Zappe. Unfortunate loss in OT, but that was encouraging! 
  • Options
    He looked decent all things considered.
    Definitely need to shore up the offensive line.
    Isiaih Wynn flat out sucks.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    He looked decent all things considered.
    Definitely need to shore up the offensive line.
    Isiaih Wynn flat out sucks.
    The Ellis Hobbs of that offensive line yup
  • Options
    It’s all lining up pretty well though. 

Bledsoe got hurt in 2001 and were 0-2. They were 1-3 after 4 games with an unknown QB who didn’t like all that impressive. 

They went 10-2 over the last 12 and won the SB.  The turnaround begins next week over the Lions. Bad defence like that can really help the confidence of the offence. Build some momentum. Once step at a time boys. 
  • Options
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2022
    The new/old hats look good.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    AMES
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Zappe is the man. Pats will be rollin in a few weeks and QB controversy will begin. BB rides the hot hand.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a regular season this much… I loved the last 5 years of Brady (‘til 2019), but the regular season games weren’t must see tv.

This year is appointment viewing. 
    Agreed! That was so fun to watch. 
    It was so sweet to see the PATRIOTS wearing my favorite logo in the NFL. I even pulled out my old 32 year old red PATRIOTS jersey #80 PEE WEE it still fits. This game was loads of fun to watch.

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I bet Bill would like to face Jared Goff every week.
    Talk about having a guy's number.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited October 2022
    Nice to see that defense do what they did yesterday, especially to Coach Hardo there in Detroit; that guy’s a clown. 
    Patricia & Judge did a good job both preparing Zappe & the play calling, (or whomever was calling the plays). 
    Zappe’s holding Jones’ spot down well enough, but I’ll need to see more out of him before I’m convinced he should get the nod over Jones once he’s healthy. 
  • Options
    Nice to see that defense do what they did yesterday, especially to Coach Hardo there in Detroit; that guy’s a clown. 
    Patricia & Judge did a good job both preparing Zappe & the play calling, (or whomever was calling the plays). 
    Zappe’s holding Jones’ spot down well enough, but I’ll need to see more out of him before I’m convinced he should get the nod over Jones once he’s healthy. 
    Seems like BB isn’t guaranteeing MC gets his starter role back. I’m tellinya, if Zappe gets on a role, BB is riding the hot hand. Stay tuned.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichick-doesnt-commit-to-mac-jones-as-patriots-qb-i-dont-know-if-hell-start-once-healthy/amp/

You see football is a meritocracy. You aren't handed anything. You earn everything, every single day, over and over again. You have to prove it. That's the way that the NFL, that football works” - Tony Romo after losing his job to Dak Prescott. 

• Options
    BZ…. Means BiZness.

It’s on.  If you are a Pats fan you can feel it 
  • Options
    Mac Jones - benched
    BZ - marches in (crowd goes wild) and leads a drive - TD 

Folks,  the QB controversy is over. Mac Jones will probably be requesting a trade in the off-season.  BZ is going to lead this team to the promise land. This is the most excited I’ve been in years for this team 
  • Options
    Full disclosure, I heard a pre-draft interview with Zappe done by Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on Sirius/XM.  I was about to switch over to golf but he said something that intrigued me. I listened to the whole interview and thought to myself, this sounds like a BB late round pick. Was happy (and not really surprised) when they chose him, despite never seeing the kid throw a football. He just sounded like a winner to me. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

I don't understand splitting the 1st team reps between both quarterbacks last week. Belichick outsmarted himself on this one. 

& where the f was the defense last night? What a disaster. 
  • Options
    Glad I had tix to see Adam Sandler last night and didn't get to see this game (or the Celtics, man Chicago kicked our asses twice last night)
    Heard the 4th Q on radio driving home. Zo sounded really down on the team, that is a bad sign.
  • Options
    Stay positive boys! 10 games left. 

I’m still positive on my Vancouver Canucks and they are 0-5-2 lmao
  • Options
    That was one awful performance in front of a home crowd. It's been so long since they've looked this bad. However, it can only get better I think. 

That said the Bruins are playing well even though they have several major players out with injuries. 

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    If the Pats are a JV team, what does that make the jets? Pop Warner.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I’m pretty disappointed they didn’t ride the Zappe train. The D has been lights out and the offence seemed to have more rhythm with BZ under center. 
    Guess we will see how it all unfolds, but the offence under MJ has been pretty lethargic.
  • Options
    Huge game upcoming against the Jets. This to me is the game of the year for the Patriots. It's still possible to win this division and make something of this season.

That said the BRUINS are so 🔥 hot they're melting ice.

✌️

• Options
    I’m pretty disappointed they didn’t ride the Zappe train. The D has been lights out and the offence seemed to have more rhythm with BZ under center. 
    Guess we will see how it all unfolds, but the offence under MJ has been pretty lethargic.

Disagree… I think the Zappe we saw in the 2nd half of the Bears game is the real Zappe. The more film teams got on him, the less effective he was going to be. Jones has the better skill set / higher ceiling. 
  • Options
    g under p said:
    Huge game upcoming against the Jets. This to me is the game of the year for the Patriots. It's still possible to win this division and make something of this season.

✌️
    Bruins are unfreakingreal right now. 
  • Options
    g under p said:

✌️
    Bruins are unfreakingreal right now. 
    And the shorthanded Celtics aren't doing too badly.
  • Options

Disagree… I think the Zappe we saw in the 2nd half of the Bears game is the real Zappe. The more film teams got on him, the less effective he was going to be. Jones has the better skill set / higher ceiling. 
    Training camp 2023 will decide who the future is. I am not wowed by Mac. 
  • Options

2023...when JimmyG is back in the fold?
  • Options

Were you not around for Mac's rookie year then he had the 8th best completion percentage in the league and made the pro bowl? 

I agree he's having a tough sophomore season, but there's a reason he was drafted in the 1st round and Zappe was drafted in the 4th. 

There's also 8 more games to be played this year... it's a bit early to start making predictions for the 2023 training camp.