Options

'TWO BIG PIGS': Rude woman kicked off flight after fat-shaming meltdown

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    I love how there is nearly an entire page debating the weight of PJSoul's exboyfriend of 20 years ago.
    I also agree, 350 seems higher than expected.
    Why don't you reach out to him and confirm?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Excuse me, I know we have not banged around for some time....but I was wondering if you could look at this chart and tell me if you would have listed as morbidly obese, despite being a big and buff guy?
    :lol: .       
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    That was a nightmare draw for a seat.  Lady was rude, but my heart would sink if I was walking down the aisle, checking rows, and saw where my middle row seat was.  I wouldn't say anything ... unless we got delayed and it was one of those situations where it's summer and they turn the damn overhead air off ... radiating in a baking plane between two large heat radiators of people might send me off the deep end. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    That was a nightmare draw for a seat.  Lady was rude, but my heart would sink if I was walking down the aisle, checking rows, and saw where my middle row seat was.  I wouldn't say anything ... unless we got delayed and it was one of those situations where it's summer and they turn the damn overhead air off ... radiating in a baking plane between two large heat radiators of people might send me off the deep end. 
    I agree with this.

But I'm also of the opinion that this woman handled it poorly- the callous treatment was over the top. She needed to express her situation privately with the attendants.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Just like how they allow only 1 lap baby per row, they should only allow 1 belt extender per row.
    I mean what if John Popper was the middle guy? I'm talking 1995 John Popper, not this slimmed down version.
  • Options
    ^^^

We talked about this at work today.

Just like there are specifications for carry-on luggage (too big and it must be checked), it could be argued that there should be specifications for passenger seating selections. If one exceeds a certain weight, maybe they should be required to purchase an extra seat?

My buddy was injured in India and needed to be flown back to Canada. He needed to buy an entire row of seats and a nurse to assist him with his travel as he needed to lie down. I know the circumstances are different, but they are also similar: his personal circumstances required more room than a 'typical' flyer. If you are obese and wish to fly... you should be able to, but not at the personal discomfort of the person beside you.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited February 2019
    I fly 90% of the time in Asia with a plane full of people where most aren't even pushin chubby.  In the US when I fly all of sudden claustrophobia sets in and I wonder if the plane can handle the extra weight. 

Did they calculate the fuel correctly for all these fatties!?  Will the lift be sufficient?

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Once I had an aisle seat and the girl next to me asked if I would be kind to switch seats with her husband sitting in another row so that they could sit together for the flight ... he was in a similar situation as this thread ... it was a 4+ hour flight and I declined.  I could feel her giving me the stink eye for the flight but I slept like a baby because I booked my seat six month in advance.  Plus, god forbid you don't sit next to your husband for 4 hours.  Read a book, lady.  Better yet, don't wait until the last second to book a flight. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Once I had an aisle seat and the girl next to me asked if I would be kind to switch seats with her husband sitting in another row so that they could sit together for the flight ... he was in a similar situation as this thread ... it was a 4+ hour flight and I declined.  I could feel her giving me the stink eye for the flight but I slept like a baby because I booked my seat six month in advance.  Plus, god forbid you don't sit next to your husband for 4 hours.  Read a book, lady.  Better yet, don't wait until the last second to book a flight. 

You could have went to war here. If she insisted on the stink eye and pouting because you didn't want to switch the aisle seat for a cramped middle seat between a couple mooses... you could have gotten up to go to the bathroom and accidentally ripped a fludderblast. Message delivered: "You wanna play? I ain't playin'!"
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Jason P said:
    That happened to me, except it was like an 8 hour flight from Europe back home and it was a mother and something like 12 year old daughter. Old enough to be alone, but young enough to where I felt bad.
    I said no at first, but then felt bad and changed my mind 2 minutes later. Ended up that the other 2 people on the row in my new seat never showed up and I got the whole row to sleep on! And I think the flight attendant gave me a free drink for being nice.
    But for a grown couple I wouldn’t, I hate middle seats. But it also may not be their fault, there’s always flight delays that cause missed layovers and stuff. We’ve been there and got stuck with last minute seats on a new flight.  We’ve also booked flights on short notice for a funeral or to visit a friend who just got diagnosed with terminal cancer. Can’t really plan ahead for that.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I've swapped a bunch of times but I don't get asked very often....the folks up front are more often business travelers and you can usually use a break from co-workers if flying together I've found.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    if he was 350 he wasn't all muscle.  :)
    He had about 4% body fat. He was fucking huge and ripped. So I don't know what to tell you, lol. He was a heavy, tall fucker with massive broad shoulders with no fat and a shitload of muscle. He was an All-American player in the early 90s, and, very weirdly, held a world record for a rowing machine (for speed). :lol:
    He eventually had to stop playing because he fucked his knees up - no surprise with all that weight on them. But he's apparently a successful personal trainer now (coached college ball for some years).
    So ... Shaq was 7’1” and weighed 325. Doesn’t really change your story but no way this dude weighed 350.  

Edit: I should say if he was an all-American basketball (college level assuming) ... then he wasn’t 350 pounds I should say :)

Not all bodies weigh the same (he also played for national teams, not just college BB, not that that makes any difference). WTF is going on here. I'm fucking telling you about someone I knew intimately, and you're what? Calling me a liar? I don't care what you believe. I'm telling the truth. Lie to yourself about what is and isn't possible all you want, I don't give a shit.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    He had about 4% body fat. He was fucking huge and ripped. So I don't know what to tell you, lol. He was a heavy, tall fucker with massive broad shoulders with no fat and a shitload of muscle. He was an All-American player in the early 90s, and, very weirdly, held a world record for a rowing machine (for speed). :lol:
    He eventually had to stop playing because he fucked his knees up - no surprise with all that weight on them. But he's apparently a successful personal trainer now (coached college ball for some years).
    So ... Shaq was 7’1” and weighed 325. Doesn’t really change your story but no way this dude weighed 350.  

Edit: I should say if he was an all-American basketball (college level assuming) ... then he wasn’t 350 pounds I should say :)

Not all bodies weigh the same (he also played for national teams, not just college BB, not that that makes any difference). WTF is going on here. I'm fucking telling you about someone I knew intimately, and you're what? Calling me a liar? I don't care what you believe. I'm telling the truth. Lie to yourself about what is and isn't possible all you want, I don't give a shit.
    Sheesh relax.  You made a statement...I am interested as I love college basketball.  You mentioned meeting him at University and him being an all-american.  I thought to myself...I don't remember a player like that.  I looked at the all-american teams in the 90's.  Shaq weighed the most.  No one else close.  So I said - if he was an all-american at the college level he couldn't have weighed that much.  So he must have either not weighed 350 pounds or not been a college all-american.  Heck even Big Country was 7'1" and weighed between 275-300 pounds. Robert Traylor was about 300 pounds.

So I certainly didnt call you a liar.  I said based on the assumptions I made while looking into it it wouldn;t be accurate.  But the assumptions could be wrong. Man everyone questioning your statement as it was an extreme weight and yet you focus on me...hmmmm,...lol
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

Sheesh relax.  You made a statement...I am interested as I love college basketball.  You mentioned meeting him at University and him being an all-american.  I thought to myself...I don't remember a player like that.  I looked at the all-american teams in the 90's.  Shaq weighed the most.  No one else close.  So I said - if he was an all-american at the college level he couldn't have weighed that much.  So he must have either not weighed 350 pounds or not been a college all-american.  Heck even Big Country was 7'1" and weighed between 275-300 pounds. Robert Traylor was about 300 pounds.

So I certainly didnt call you a liar.  I said based on the assumptions I made while looking into it it wouldn;t be accurate.  But the assumptions could be wrong. Man everyone questioning your statement as it was an extreme weight and yet you focus on me...hmmmm,...lol
    i didn't read everything but PJ_Soul is in Vancouver according to the listed name line above so it could be a Canadian player not US College player. and yes I was curious on who the player might  have been if he was an american college player.  there is none who if were an all-american who i wouldn't have heard of either. 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    y'all forgot to convert from metric to imperial
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

i didn't read everything but PJ_Soul is in Vancouver according to the listed name line above so it could be a Canadian player not US College player. and yes I was curious on who the player might  have been if he was an american college player.  there is none who if were an all-american who i wouldn't have heard of either. 
    Yup I thought that, but she wrote "All-american".  Anyhow, doesn't matter.  Like I said I just really like college basketball and couldn't remember a player like that.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

Yup I thought that, but she wrote "All-american".  Anyhow, doesn't matter.  Like I said I just really like college basketball and couldn't remember a player like that.
    also in fairness to her most teams don't list actual heights in weights of their players. Yea Shaq was never listed that weight but that doesn't mean he wasn't.  never trust height and weights from those teams. I've seen guys listed as big as 6'6 and above who are lucky to be 6'3".
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    One of my best friends is 6'9" 350 right now and by no means is he fat or obese.  He's just a friggin cement wall.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited February 2019
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

NAIA all-American. I have NO idea if there is more than one all-American game, lol, I despise basketball. Perhaps there are different leagues. I also have no clue if they listed his height or weight, or if it was accurate, or even if he was the same height or weight then. I actually didn't even meet him until 2 years after he did that. I was still in high school when he was on an All-American team. Obviously I'm not going to tell everyone who this person is, as that's just too personal and too exposing IMO - I don't name people in my personal life online. But anyway.... It was really fun to have such a huge boyfriend, lol. I'm a tall woman, and always feel like an Amazon woman around average sized men. A guy his size made me so petite for the first time in my life - the guy could pick me up over his head if he wanted to. It was like a tall girl fantasy coming to life. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

NAIA all-American. I have NO idea if there is more than one all-American game, lol, I despise basketball. Perhaps there are different leagues. I also have no clue if they listed his height or weight, or if it was accurate, or even if he was the same height or weight then. I actually didn't even meet him until 2 years after he did that. I was still in high school when he was on an All-American team. Obviously I'm not going to tell everyone who this person is, as that's just too personal and too exposing IMO - I don't name people in my personal life online. But anyway.... It was really fun to have such a huge boyfriend, lol. I'm a tall woman, and always feel like an Amazon woman around average sized men. A guy his size made me so petite for the first time in my life - the guy could pick me up over his head if he wanted to. It was like a tall girl fantasy coming to life. :lol:
    Awwwww  

I've only dated one girl that has been almost as tall as me so I understand.  She liked that I was tall.

• Options
    How tall are you Chris?
    And since you were here and built one of our prisons, I'm sure you witnessed quite a bit of obesity around the area... It's baaaaad here!
  • Options
    How tall are you Chris?
    And since you were here and built one of our prisons, I'm sure you witnessed quite a bit of obesity around the area... It's baaaaad here!
    lol, I'm only 6'0" but that is pretty tall to most women.

So about that obesity thing... It seems to run rampant all through them hills and hollers on up through West Virginny and PA.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

6'10",  I'm 5'10"...wonder how inconvenient life would be for someone that tall.  Like his bed.  Do they have a big and tall mattress store?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    How tall are you Chris?
    lol, I'm only 6'0" but that is pretty tall to most women.

So about that obesity thing... It seems to run rampant all through them hills and hollers on up through West Virginny and PA.
    Rumor has it the Ridge & Valley Appalachians were created from all the extra weight we carry.
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    You know this is interesting because millenials weren't eating McDonalds and things like that and essentially killing the fast food industry and enjoyed better food options ae now being even more obese than before?  I guess it's time to stop w the Netflix and chill and actually go to a bar and catch a movie at the theatre?
  • Options
    You know this is interesting because millenials weren't eating McDonalds and things like that and essentially killing the fast food industry and enjoyed better food options ae now being even more obese than before?  I guess it's time to stop w the Netflix and chill and actually go to a bar and catch a movie at the theatre?
    Or get off the devices and go outside and play, run around and throw dirt bombs at each other, play frisbee football in the street and run from the driver's who's car you just bombed with snowballs.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

You guys shoulda bred.
  • Options
    Or get off the devices and go outside and play, run around and throw dirt bombs at each other, play frisbee football in the street and run from the driver's who's car you just bombed with snowballs.
    Oh man I used to love when they gave chase after nailing them with snowballs!

Something else this generation doesn't understand is "skitching".  Not sure what you guys called it but it was when there was snow on the ground and you were towed behind a car.  Basically grabbing a bumper and skiing with just boots.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Can the Man was our favorite game.  whoever had the ball you chase and tackle the hell out of them.