Options

Elon Musk

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    gift article....

Judge orders Tesla to undo Elon Musk’s $56 billion pay package
    By Faiz Siddiqui, Rachel Lerman and Will Oremus
    January 31, 2024 at 9:44 ET
    A Delaware judge on Tuesday ruled that Elon Musk’s generous 2018 compensation package, which helped make the tech entrepreneur the world’s richest person, was unfair and should be undone.
    The $56 billion package, advanced by shareholders and Tesla’s board, entitled Musk to stock options in the company as it hit specific performance targets. Shareholders sued Musk, alleging the process that led to the package was improper. Tesla’s stock slumped more than 2 percent at the opening bell Tuesday before rebounding slightly.
    The decision was earlier reported by Chancery Daily, which tracks Delaware Chancery Court matters, on Threads.
    Musk issued a stern reaction on X, the social media site he bought in 2022, when it was known as Twitter.
    “Never incorporate your company in the state of Delaware,” he said.
    The ruling comes at a particularly tense juncture for the Tesla CEO. He has asked for 25 percent control over the company — which went on to become the world’s most valuable automaker after the pay package was implemented — after he sold off billions worth of stock to help fund his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter. Investors, including some who were enthusiastic about the 2018 package, are skeptical of Musk’s request for additional control.
    [Elon Musk’s uphill battle to win greater control of Tesla]
    Meanwhile, Tesla reported disappointing quarterly financial results last week that stemmed from steep price cuts that increased sales volume but barely grew its revenue. One analyst described the investor call as a “train wreck.”
    In her written opinion, Chancellor Kathaleen McCormick said that plaintiff Richard Tornetta was entitled to “rescission,” meaning the package should be undone.

continues....

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    "Never incorporate in Delaware"..  

Haha, well you took the benefit of that tax structure so now you have to deal with courts.  Everyone incorporates there for a reason.  It isn't changing.  My company is as well.  

He's such a giant baby and the Elon-bros are losing their mind about this.  I think it's great. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,619
    mrussel1 said:
    "Never incorporate in Delaware"..  

Haha, well you took the benefit of that tax structure so now you have to deal with courts.  Everyone incorporates there for a reason.  It isn't changing.  My company is as well.  

He's such a giant baby and the Elon-bros are losing their mind about this.  I think it's great. 
    Guy is Frankenstein and has the delicate ego to match.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Snooze Fest

Elon Musk's New Whim: Tesla Workers Must Sleep on Assembly Line

bySharon Adarlo
    Jan 28
    Omar Marques via Getty / Futurism

"We'll be sleeping on the line, practically."

Production Hell

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is warning his workers that they'll have to sleep — and from the sounds of it, practically live — at the company's Texas manufacturing plant so that the carmaker can produce an affordable electric vehicle for the masses, Business Insider reports.

"That will be a challenging production ramp," the news outlet reports Musk saying during an earning's call on Wednesday. "We'll be sleeping on the line, practically. Not practically, we will be."

The electric vehicle in question apparently has the codename "Redwood," Reuters previously reported, and Tesla plans to build it sometime in 2025.

This won't be the first time Tesla workers have had to sleep inside company factories during periods of what he has previously called "production hell." Musk himself has been known to slumber at Tesla during production ramp ups, something which he loves to brag about.

Quality Control

But it remains to be seen whether these kind of production rushes are good for the company. Customers and reporters have pointed out that Tesla vehicles can suffer from significant quality problems, from the suspension failing to driving range issues.

The most visible quality control issues have been exterior finish problems, such as misaligned doors in the Cybertruck and protruding exterior molding above the window of Model Ys.

We don't know if there is a direct correlation between quality issues and the lack of work-life balance at Tesla facilities, but it's telling that X-formerly Twitter has been known to have staff sleep at the headquarters after Musk bought it in October 2022.

And X has been noticeably more buggy ever since Musk became involved.

Whether a truly affordable Tesla will ever see the mass market is also a lingering question. Musk has been promising a vehicle at a $25,000 price point for years, but it has yet to actually materialize.

More on Tesla: Tesla is in Trouble

Share This Article

• Options

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    He should just come out & say “I hate black people” 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Ok, maybe he's racist. but some people just have a hard time with change, especially in highly developed characters like this. 

both can be true. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Ok, maybe he's racist. but some people just have a hard time with change, especially in highly developed characters like this. 

both can be true. 
    I appreciate the conversation, but he has a bit of a track record. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/white-house-blasts-elon-musk-for-promoting-antisemitic-racist-hate.html

& not for nothing, but we’re talking about a literal kids’ movie that is rebranding w/ a whole new and younger cast. We’re not talking about something he grew up with here, the franchise is only 20 years old. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I know he is. I'm saying it's likely he'd also bitch about it if the new Jack Sparrow was Owen Wilson. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 7
    I know he is. I'm saying it's likely he'd also bitch about it if the new Jack Sparrow was Owen Wilson. 
    I think she’s playing a different character, not Jack Sparrow. If I’m correct, he’s bitching about a young black woman getting the lead as a new character. 
    Regardless, considering all the bitching he’s done in recent months about DEI, he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt here. He’s afraid of change alright, but not in regards to who’s playing who in the new POTC movie. He’s afraid of the changing status quo as he should be. 
  • Options
    also still pissed disney pulled advertising

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    also still pissed disney pulled advertising
    That’s a good point. 
  • Options

X accused of taking payments from terrorists

by By Faarea Masud & Natalie Sherman - Business reporters
    2/15/2024 · 5:10 AM EST
    A person holding a phone with the X logo on the screen
    A person holding a phone with the X logo on the screen
    Getty Images

Elon Musk's X, formerly Twitter, granted subscription perks to designated terrorist groups and others barred from operating in the US, according to campaigners.

The Tech Transparency Project (TTP) found X had granted blue check marks to accounts tied to Hezbollah members, among others.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

For $8 (£6.40) a month, a tick allows longer posts and better promotion.

X removed some ticks after the report, saying its security was "robust".

Mr Musk's decision to charge for check marks was one of the most controversial changes he made after he bought Twitter in 2022, with critics saying the move would make issues of disinformation worse, opening the platform to impersonators.

The badge was previously free, meant to indicate that the social media platform had verified the identity behind the account.

Many of the recipients were journalists, as well as world leaders and celebrities.

In some cases, those included people facing sanctions in the US, which opened the company to criticism that it was giving a platform to the wrong people and accusations that it was breaking US sanctions law.

continues...

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    awww poor baby. shadowbanned. good. less bullshit for me to have to sift through when i decide to on on that hell site.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I don't give a crap about Taibbi.  He became a MAGA journalist because of how addictive MAGA praise is (or at least that's how it seemed from the cheap seats; but I wasn't following that closely). And he helped change Twitter to the X it is today. If it's not serving him, then I kinda find it funny.

But really, Elon is such a fucking turd. Unfortunately, he's a power one.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Maga Republicans doing Putin's bidding regarding Ukraine funding. Trump being....well a Russian Useful Idiot at worst....and Elon Musk being.....

These people are not on our side. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazy shit...

• Options
    edited February 20
    crazy shit...
    If Putin doesn't kill her soon, he likely created a monster by killing her husband. HAVING SAID THAT...Putn will unfortunately kill her sooner than later. Tucker Carlson won't have much to say about it though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazy shit...
    If Putin doesn't kill her soon, he likely created a monster by killing her husband. HAVING SAID THAT...Putn will unfortunately kill her sooner than later. Tucker Carlson won't have much to say about it though. 
    Tucker is such a cuck and useful idiot.  Did you see the follow up interview that Putin had with a Russian ripping him?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    crazy shit...
    Tucker is such a cuck and useful idiot.  Did you see the follow up interview that Putin had with a Russian ripping him?
    I didn't see that. I did watch Jon Stewart tear him apart for his trip to the Moscow subway and grocery store though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    crazy shit...
    I didn't see that. I did watch Jon Stewart tear him apart for his trip to the Moscow subway and grocery store though. 
    Yeah I saw that too.  Oh groceries are so cheap.  Well the per capita GDP is 15k in Russia.  It's 72k here.  Think that might translate to higher prices?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    crazy shit...
    Yeah I saw that too.  Oh groceries are so cheap.  Well the per capita GDP is 15k in Russia.  It's 72k here.  Think that might translate to higher prices?
    Tucker knows it. This means he's just pumping up Russia for the sake of pumping up Russia. Which is pathetic. He's going to sleep on a pile of money whether he quits working right now or keeps churning the outrage machine. Sucking up to Putin; why? To somehow make more money? To help move us towards authoritarianism?  Or, as Stewart mentioned in that segment, simply because Russia is really good at being "not-woke?"

I want to say this is sad; but it's also kinda scary. 

I really hope if all the worst outcomes happen, that this jackass gets the recognition he deservers for helping create dystopia.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    I think Navalny being killed so soon after Tucker's romp through Moscow is pretty ironic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg