mrussel1 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Smellyman said:
    deactivate all your Twitter accounts.
    What if I don't have any?

You're a person of great integrity
    Great,  now I feel lame 

answerman says sign up 3 accounts and delete them all. you will THEN be a man of principle.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    mickeyrat said:
    as kings of leon would say....

"you call that a pickup truck??"
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

logo
    Sign in
    Welcome!Log into your account
    your username
    your password
    Password recovery
    Recover your password
    your email

Companies left waiting on Tesla semi trucks they paid for years ago

Published:

April 23, 2024

Multiple companies are still waiting on the Tesla semi trucks they ordered and paid for years ago as full-scale production continues to get pushed back. 

The Tesla semi truck was out on display in 2017 with promises for production to begin in 2019. Now, five years later, a mere 36 out of 125 ordered electric semis have been delivered to Pepsi, and even those trucks weren’t delivered until 2022 – three years late. Now, Pepsi is using 15 of the delivered electric trucks at its Modesto facility and 21 in Sacramento. 

32 of the electric semi trucks were paid for by a $20 million state government grant, and federal subsidies helped to pay up to $40,000 per additional electric rig. 

Pepsi isn’t the only company left waiting on their new fleet to be delivered, UPS, FedEx, and more are still waiting on the Tesla electric semi trucks they ordered. 

Tesla is currently using 100 electric Tesla semi trucks to transport battery packs between the Nevada and California Tesla facilities, but says that “there just weren’t enough batteries” to fully launch into “volume production” of the electric rigs. However, Musk still claims that 2024 is  “the battery problem gets solved,” reported Jalopnik

For now, many companies interested in electric semi trucks have turned to the Freightliner eCascadia, which has already been delivered to over 55 fleets.

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

Get the hottest daily trucking news

News Social Jobs Submit