Options

Team Mueller (and Their Report)

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    To sum up...if it was not for the rule by the department of justice to never charge a sitting president...Trump would now be charged?  So when is Congress going to do their job?  And their job isn't asking for an intervention...their job is to impeach, gather the evidence and hope you can change minds in the Senate...
    They are not.  The Dems are either beyond incompetent or are as much a part of the Trump Syndicate as the GOP.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    OnWis97 said:
    To sum up...if it was not for the rule by the department of justice to never charge a sitting president...Trump would now be charged?  So when is Congress going to do their job?  And their job isn't asking for an intervention...their job is to impeach, gather the evidence and hope you can change minds in the Senate...
    They are not.  The Dems are either beyond incompetent or are as much a part of the Trump Syndicate as the GOP.
    I have to agree Congress is weak, and Pelosi looked like a fool asking for an intervention...after over 2 years, did she suddenly think the GOP and Trumps insiders would turn on him?  She should do her job and impeach...

Can hardly wait for the TRump twitter storm to see how he spins this.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    OnWis97 said:
    In What way are they beyond incompetent or s part If the Trump syndicate in this instance?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Did anyone bring KFC and a chicken to Muellers press conference?  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Jason P said:
    The reporters from Breitbart, drudge, fox, newsmax, infowars brought chick-fil-a
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    The reporters from Breitbart, drudge, fox, newsmax, infowars brought chick-fil-a
    They did?  

Hope they brought enough for everyone...  
  • Options
    Spin cycle is working OT right now.  Everyone is waiting for orders and talking points.  

To me this is all pretty dumb at this point in time. Still plenty of time for the Dems to deep six this whole exercise and focus on something else going into the elections.  Or they can continue to hammer away on nothing. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    That speech or whatever the hell you call it was kind of magical.
    In other words, yes, he's guilty, but unfortunately we can't do anything about it. Therefore, he should be impeached. Mueller certainly is a subtle kind of guy, which might make his message go over every Trump supporter's head, lol, but in a way it's almost poetic, har har.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    In What way are they beyond incompetent or s part If the Trump syndicate in this instance?
    Mueller is asking them to impeach.  Assuming they don't even try, then they are either shirking their duties are they're protecting Trump.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    In other words, yes, he's guilty, but unfortunately we can't do anything about it. Therefore, he should be impeached. Mueller certainly is a subtle kind of guy, which might make his message go over every Trump supporter's head, lol, but in a way it's almost poetic, har har.
    The problem with straight shooters is that they only shoot straight.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol. No doubt.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don’t actually know how much clearer Mueller could have been. Because of infringement on a sitting President’s constitutional rights (which supposedly we believe in), it would be unlawful to pursue an indictment against him. Therefore, the answer is to pursue impeachment proceedings if it is believed in. I’m not sure why people expected anything other than this. 

The silver lining is a definitive “stop relying on me to indict” from Mueller so that Congress has full awareness that it’s their responsibility to act if they feel a penalty for Trump’s behaviour is warranted. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don’t actually know how much clearer Mueller could have been. Because of infringement on a sitting President’s constitutional rights (which supposedly we believe in), it would be unlawful to pursue an indictment against him. Therefore, the answer is to pursue impeachment proceedings if it is believed in. I’m not sure why people expected anything other than this. 

The silver lining is a definitive “stop relying on me to indict” from Mueller so that Congress has full awareness that it’s their responsibility to act if they feel a penalty for Trump’s behaviour is warranted. 
    He was clear to clearheaded people. Not to Trumpsters though. Unless he had literally said, "TRUMP IS GUILTY AND HERE IS THE PROOF IN BULLET POINTS - IMPEACH!!!!" those morons weren't going to take anything away from it other than, "He didn't do anything wrong. WITCH HUNT!" Hell, even if Mueller had said that, they would still just say it's a witch hunt.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Yes, this is what happened. Now Congress has to do the right thing and hold an impeachment inquiry. 

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Yup. She's absolutely right. It's Pelosi's move first though. I'm not sure she can possibly resist any longer without risking her reputation.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I really hope they move forward because looking weak is not a good look. They need to stop being buffaloed about how it will help the soul-eater and re-elect him.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yup. She's absolutely right. It's Pelosi's move first though. I'm not sure she can possibly resist any longer without risking her reputation.
    My gut says Pelosi may have been waiting for the definitive “your move, Congress” for quite some time. Maybe I’m wrong though.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    My gut says Pelosi may have been waiting for the definitive “your move, Congress” for quite some time. Maybe I’m wrong though.
    Maybe, but I hope you're right.... But it would beg the question: what if they do go ahead, and then it fails, which is very very likely, given where Congress stands right now? How will that play out politically? Pelosi is obviously wondering the same thing, and that is the whole reason she's hesitating.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe, but I hope you're right.... But it would beg the question: what if they do go ahead, and then it fails, which is very very likely, given where Congress stands right now? How will that play out politically? Pelosi is obviously wondering the same thing, and that is the whole reason she's hesitating.
    I understand that Pelosi wanted to wait for political reasons. And those reasons made sense to me for a long time. Focus on 2020, etc... But at this point she needs to do her job. Her job isn't electioneering. It is leading the House. and the House has the responsibility of oversight. It is her Constitutional duty to hold Drumpf accountable for his actions. Just as I accuse Lindsey Graham Cracker and Cocaine Mitch of abdicating their responsibilities, I'm about ready to do the same with Pelosi. She needs to quit hiding from the reality of the current situation. Your move, Nancy.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I understand that Pelosi wanted to wait for political reasons. And those reasons made sense to me for a long time. Focus on 2020, etc... But at this point she needs to do her job. Her job isn't electioneering. It is leading the House. and the House has the responsibility of oversight. It is her Constitutional duty to hold Drumpf accountable for his actions. Just as I accuse Lindsey Graham Cracker and Cocaine Mitch of abdicating their responsibilities, I'm about ready to do the same with Pelosi. She needs to quit hiding from the reality of the current situation. Your move, Nancy.
    I agree.
    But that question still remains. What WILL happen when impeachment proceedings fail?? How will the voters react? How will it affect the election? Will it be a black mark against any Dem nominee? Will it basically guarantee another Trump win?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree.
    But that question still remains. What WILL happen when impeachment proceedings fail?? How will the voters react? How will it affect the election? Will it be a black mark against any Dem nominee? Will it basically guarantee another Trump win?
    Trump is going to win either way.  Right now they have to do what's right and not worry about the election.  You know who does everything based on party victories?  Today's GOP...and we're becoming an authoritarian nation.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    They need to forget about 2020 and move forward to impeach. It is clear as day.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited May 2019
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Agreed.

I suspect she was waiting because democrats in congress weren't fully on-board. Hopefully after today they will unite around impeachment.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree.
    Trump is going to win either way.  Right now they have to do what's right and not worry about the election.  You know who does everything based on party victories?  Today's GOP...and we're becoming an authoritarian nation.
    Trump winning is absolutely not a foregone conclusion. I don't understand why some of you act as though there is literally no other possible scenario. Obviously it is possible (horrifically), but there are plenty of people who will be voting against him, and possibly many people who don't normally vote will come out to do so. Some swing states may swing the other way. Remember how damn close it was in 2016, and that was amid all that completely irrational, Russian-propagated hate puked on Clinton. I'll be pretty fucking surprised if they manage to make America hate the next Democratic nominee that much again... If they do, then all hope is lost for America, seriously. And I'm definitely not saying the don't think Trump will win. Just that I still think he might not.

Meanwhile, NOTHING is still being done about a foreign aggressor interfering with America's elections. Trump loves it! I'm sure he's managing to find new ways to encourage it this go-round.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Porn star fornicator ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree.
    How many people were really banking their decision on if they will vote for Trump based on an impeachment hearing? Those people are a lost cause. If there aren't enough stable minded people who think his whole presidency is destroying this country, then we will get what is coming to us the hard way.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree.
    How many people were really banking their decision on if they will vote for Trump based on an impeachment hearing? Those people are a lost cause. If there aren't enough stable minded people who think his whole presidency is destroying this country, then we will get what is coming to us the hard way.
    Seriously? A LOT I think would do that, judging by how the American voters are now behaving. They are simply in the closet IMO.
    But yeah, agreed. if Trump wins again, America is fucked.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree.
    I think the concern is whether the Democrats will be seen as being petty and/or unfair to Trump.  Trump's always tried to drum up sympathy for himself and it oftent works.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree.
    Seriously? A LOT I think would do that, judging by how the American voters are now behaving. They are simply in the closet IMO.
    But yeah, agreed. if Trump wins again, America is fucked.
    Right, unless he is forcibly removed or voted out (which even then I am unsure of whether he will quietly step aside) some people will check the box for his dumb ass and the slimy Mitch and Lindsey show will continue to do his dirty work. Mitch has to be one of the worst ever politicians this country has ever seen. He is 10x worse than Trump.  
    It's a hopeless situation...