Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,499
    edited July 2019
    Anyone thinking there was a reason for them to legitimate that alt right youtube channel is plainly dumb. Or seriously dishonest with their fake "I mean, for their sake- this could really blow up you know? They should definitely take the time to legitimate muslim-haters. Why aren't they on Alex Jones. get on Alex Jones women. For your sake. Why are they exactly like Trump?"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Here's AOC and Omar refusing to condemn the attempted domestic terror attack on an ICE facility by an ANTIFA member that showed up with an AR-15 and making threats. An ANTIFA member that has been described by Seattle's ANTIFA chapter as  a "good friend and comrade who took a stand against the fascist detention center in Tacoma and became a martyr who gave his life to the struggle against fascism." 

This isn't that different than Trump refusing to condemn the idiots in Charlottesville. Why didn't he condemn them? He knows they're wrong. He didn't condemn them because he likes them. Same thing here. 

https://youtu.be/TjwnRmtSNEY

Could it be this very nice news media whatever "The Rebel" that you seem to really dig - that they don't feel like answering questions to?
    I don't even know what The Rebel is. It's the page that was linked to in the article I got this from. What I see is a guy asking them if they're against an attempted terror attack by ANTIFA, and they wouldn't say they are. Keep being a fanboy though who won't dare criticize her. It's no different that the people that refuse to say anything negative about Trump. 

Unless of course you support domestic terrorist groups. In which case I wouldn't expect you to be critical of her here. But if you  do support American domestic terrorist groups (wouldn't be surprised if you do since you seem to dislike America), do it because you like it, not because AOC does. Don't hero-worship.
    ok
    Hahahahaha. What a cop-out! Well I guess there's no defense of her here so you're better off just dismissing my posts and trying to move on rather than defend her. 
    Please post a link to the article you read.
    Sure thing. I came across it in the "news" section of google after searching for "Omar Anitfa." Now, I think it's a conservative website so you may dismiss it as such. But remember, those are the only websites that would dare criticize prominent democrats. You think MSNBC has anything up about this?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/07/16/the-squad-sure-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-the-antifa-terrorist-attack-against-ice-n2550128
    What a bunch of absolute horse shit. How is walking away from a "reporter" (who is from a questionable news source, by the way), asking a question about something she's not informed about anything remotely close to the racism Trump spews on a daily fucking basis?

And to especially compare it something ENORMOUS as Charlottesville which captured the attention of the entire nation and even prompted members of Trump's own cabinet to draw up resignation papers in response to Trump's words......I mean....come on. What a fucking stretch.

What you see here on Rebel, and then on Townhall (Katie Pavlich is fucking trash) is how the Fox News echo chamber works. This low level trash "conservative" site is trying to catch them in a gotcha moment (which didn't even seem to work as she didn't answer the question)....some site a little higher up the food chain like Townhall writes about it trying to drum up more hits....and then eventually it lands in Sean Hannity's hands and it's their newest outrage of the moment. Shockingly, these stories are all timed to coincide with whatever story is playing in the real word to distract and deflect. Same exact strategy they use with the Mueller investigation/Deep State's gonna git you sucker!

PS--I wouldn't have answered the question either. Good for her for not taking the obvious bait. 
    I think they easily could have said they don't have enough details right now and this whole story would be a non-story.
    Best I can tell it pretty much is a non story as it is. 
    So far yes but you never know.
    Ha...."you never know." About what? What's the story? Someone didn't answer a question about something she didn't know about. 
    You never know about how big a story this could become. (the two of them not commenting)
    They didn't answer a question from a trashy reporter, who works for an organization with a horrible reputation with a video camera. There is literally no story here what so ever. 
    Part of politics today is eliminating the story.  While they may be trashy (I've never heard of them myself), they were in the halls of Congress.  I'd like to see her play it a bit differently. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    mcgruff10 said:
    People in here --  @mrussel1, @mcgruff10 sand @Ledbetterman10 - - see it as a big outrageous thing that they do not stop to answer these people:

The Rebel Media (officially The Rebel News Network Ltd.,[1] stylized as THEREBEL.media, and shortened to The Rebel) is a Canadian far-right[7] political and social commentary media website. It was founded in February 2015 by former Sun News Network personalities Ezra Levant and Brian Lilley. It has been described as a "global platform" for the anti-Muslim ideology known as counter-jihad.[8][9][10]

The Rebel Media, often cast as Canada's version of Breitbart News,[12][13] has been described as being part of the alt-right movement,[14] although it rejected the term after the Charlottesville rally.[15]

Former Sun News reporter Faith Goldy joined the outlet after launch.[16] The Rebel Media fired Faith Goldy for her prominent coverage of the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, and her interview with The Daily Stormer.[17] A co-founder and two freelancers resigned in protest of the coverage.[18] Gavin McInnes, founder of the far-right neo-fascist[23] organization Proud Boys, is also a contributor. McInnes left the site in 2017, and rejoined the site in 2019.[24]

What the fuck are you people doing in here? Haha. Oh, so transparent. So very transparent. 

Halifax already linked that.  Holy deja vu!
    But yet another similarity with Trump, we only answer questions from news reporters that we like.  
    You're literally comparing "The Rebel" with The Washington Fucking Post.

I gotta get out of the spiral of stupidity this thread has turned into. Good lord people!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Anyone thinking there was a reason for them to legitimate that alt right youtube channel is plainly dumb. Or seriously dishonest with their fake "I mean, for their sake- this could really blow up you know? They should definitely take the time to legitimate muslim-haters. Why aren't they on Alex Jones. get on Alex Jones women. For your sake."
    Seriously what the hell are you talking about?  And who are you quoting?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Anyone thinking there was a reason for them to legitimate that alt right youtube channel is plainly dumb. Or seriously dishonest with their fake "I mean, for their sake- this could really blow up you know? They should definitely take the time to legitimate muslim-haters. Why aren't they on Alex Jones. get on Alex Jones women. For your sake. Why are they exactly like Trump?"
    Yeah. I bet there are some videos of Alex Jones ambushing politicians with gotcha questions like this. Same thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Anyone thinking there was a reason for them to legitimate that alt right youtube channel is plainly dumb. Or seriously dishonest with their fake "I mean, for their sake- this could really blow up you know? They should definitely take the time to legitimate muslim-haters. Why aren't they on Alex Jones. get on Alex Jones women. For your sake."
    Seriously what the hell are you talking about?  And who are you quoting?  
    I'm talking about Rocky III. I'm quoting Clubber Lang.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    mcgruff10 said:
    People in here --  @mrussel1, @mcgruff10 sand @Ledbetterman10 - - see it as a big outrageous thing that they do not stop to answer these people:

The Rebel Media (officially The Rebel News Network Ltd.,[1] stylized as THEREBEL.media, and shortened to The Rebel) is a Canadian far-right[7] political and social commentary media website. It was founded in February 2015 by former Sun News Network personalities Ezra Levant and Brian Lilley. It has been described as a "global platform" for the anti-Muslim ideology known as counter-jihad.[8][9][10]

The Rebel Media, often cast as Canada's version of Breitbart News,[12][13] has been described as being part of the alt-right movement,[14] although it rejected the term after the Charlottesville rally.[15]

Former Sun News reporter Faith Goldy joined the outlet after launch.[16] The Rebel Media fired Faith Goldy for her prominent coverage of the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, and her interview with The Daily Stormer.[17] A co-founder and two freelancers resigned in protest of the coverage.[18] Gavin McInnes, founder of the far-right neo-fascist[23] organization Proud Boys, is also a contributor. McInnes left the site in 2017, and rejoined the site in 2019.[24]

What the fuck are you people doing in here? Haha. Oh, so transparent. So very transparent. 

Doubt it would stop you from believing they should answer some alt-right shit. 

Maybe time to start thinking? Now when you've seen it twice.
    I like Ledbetterman, but I hate the practice of quickly googling something to support your argument without even looking into the source or context of it. I guess we're all guilty of it from time to time. This one seems egregious to me though. 
    I think that's a fair criticism. But at the same time, I did say in a previous post that it was from a conservative website that most people here would likely dismiss. Most of you guys dismiss everything from Fox News, so of course any conservative outlet of lesser prestige is going to be dismissed. So if you guys dismiss EVERYTHING that comes from right-leaning outfits, what difference does it make if the source of this was Rebel Media? If it was Fox News it'd be dismissed the same way. And since no liberal outlet would every call out these women, sometimes you have to dig deep...even if you get shit on your hands
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Here's AOC and Omar refusing to condemn the attempted domestic terror attack on an ICE facility by an ANTIFA member that showed up with an AR-15 and making threats. An ANTIFA member that has been described by Seattle's ANTIFA chapter as  a "good friend and comrade who took a stand against the fascist detention center in Tacoma and became a martyr who gave his life to the struggle against fascism." 

This isn't that different than Trump refusing to condemn the idiots in Charlottesville. Why didn't he condemn them? He knows they're wrong. He didn't condemn them because he likes them. Same thing here. 

https://youtu.be/TjwnRmtSNEY

Could it be this very nice news media whatever "The Rebel" that you seem to really dig - that they don't feel like answering questions to?
    I don't even know what The Rebel is. It's the page that was linked to in the article I got this from. What I see is a guy asking them if they're against an attempted terror attack by ANTIFA, and they wouldn't say they are. Keep being a fanboy though who won't dare criticize her. It's no different that the people that refuse to say anything negative about Trump. 

Unless of course you support domestic terrorist groups. In which case I wouldn't expect you to be critical of her here. But if you  do support American domestic terrorist groups (wouldn't be surprised if you do since you seem to dislike America), do it because you like it, not because AOC does. Don't hero-worship.
    ok
    Hahahahaha. What a cop-out! Well I guess there's no defense of her here so you're better off just dismissing my posts and trying to move on rather than defend her. 
    Please post a link to the article you read.
    Sure thing. I came across it in the "news" section of google after searching for "Omar Anitfa." Now, I think it's a conservative website so you may dismiss it as such. But remember, those are the only websites that would dare criticize prominent democrats. You think MSNBC has anything up about this?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/07/16/the-squad-sure-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-the-antifa-terrorist-attack-against-ice-n2550128
    What a bunch of absolute horse shit. How is walking away from a "reporter" (who is from a questionable news source, by the way), asking a question about something she's not informed about anything remotely close to the racism Trump spews on a daily fucking basis?

And to especially compare it something ENORMOUS as Charlottesville which captured the attention of the entire nation and even prompted members of Trump's own cabinet to draw up resignation papers in response to Trump's words......I mean....come on. What a fucking stretch.

What you see here on Rebel, and then on Townhall (Katie Pavlich is fucking trash) is how the Fox News echo chamber works. This low level trash "conservative" site is trying to catch them in a gotcha moment (which didn't even seem to work as she didn't answer the question)....some site a little higher up the food chain like Townhall writes about it trying to drum up more hits....and then eventually it lands in Sean Hannity's hands and it's their newest outrage of the moment. Shockingly, these stories are all timed to coincide with whatever story is playing in the real word to distract and deflect. Same exact strategy they use with the Mueller investigation/Deep State's gonna git you sucker!

PS--I wouldn't have answered the question either. Good for her for not taking the obvious bait. 
    I think they easily could have said they don't have enough details right now and this whole story would be a non-story.
    Best I can tell it pretty much is a non story as it is. 
    So far yes but you never know.
    Ha...."you never know." About what? What's the story? Someone didn't answer a question about something she didn't know about. 
    You never know about how big a story this could become. (the two of them not commenting)
    They didn't answer a question from a trashy reporter, who works for an organization with a horrible reputation with a video camera. There is literally no story here what so ever. 
    Part of politics today is eliminating the story.  While they may be trashy (I've never heard of them myself), they were in the halls of Congress.  I'd like to see her play it a bit differently. 
    Yeah but they're dealing with a reporter acting in bad faith here. The Rebel, right? So let's say they answer like you normally would to a legit reporter that they're not aware of the facts yada yada....then this fucking clown tells her his perception of what happened (given "The Rebel's reputation, it will surely be slanted in a certain way to make her look bad or box them in in some way) and then they're in a worse situation then just walking past them. They did the right thing.

I see politicians walk away from legitimate reporters without issuing a comment all the time. This "story" does not deserve our time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

But yet another similarity with Trump, we only answer questions from news reporters that we like.  

I gotta get out of the spiral of stupidity this thread has turned into. Good lord people!
    I m not comparing the quality of the paper but the refusal to answer. Like I said, a no comment right now would have ended it. I think the job of a politician is to answer questions from everyone.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

I like Ledbetterman, but I hate the practice of quickly googling something to support your argument without even looking into the source or context of it. I guess we're all guilty of it from time to time. This one seems egregious to me though. 
    I think that's a fair criticism. But at the same time, I did say in a previous post that it was from a conservative website that most people here would likely dismiss. Most of you guys dismiss everything from Fox News, so of course any conservative outlet of lesser prestige is going to be dismissed. So if you guys dismiss EVERYTHING that comes from right-leaning outfits, what difference does it make if the source of this was Rebel Media? If it was Fox News it'd be dismissed the same way. And since no liberal outlet would every call out these women, sometimes you have to dig deep...even if you get shit on your hands
    You guys? I don't dismiss Fox News. I dismiss their opinion hosts. Their news organization is quite different....and vastly different from trash websites like Rebel Media. Not even in the same universe. We're comparing apples to door knobs.  You dug way too deep. Go take a shower.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I m not comparing the quality of the paper but the refusal to answer. Like I said, a no comment right now would have ended it. 
    Let me guess how it would have sounded then:

"'No comments right now'? Did you guys hear that. She can't even condemn an attack by Antifa? Man these left winged crazies. What is there to comment? Trump doesn't condemn at once and everyone goes crazy -- Now this muslim-woman says "No comments right now" to an actively anti-muslim right winged youtube channel? These liberals I tell ya! ANTIFA supporters!"

I would say it wouldn't have ended shit, for those who looks for reason to start something up.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

You guys? I don't dismiss Fox News. I dismiss their opinion hosts. Their news organization is quite different....and vastly different from trash websites like Rebel Media. Not even in the same universe. We're comparing apples to door knobs.  You dug way too deep. Go take a shower.
    Well then I very much take it back when I say "you guys." I'll change it "some guys" and issue you an apology. I totally agree that Fox News really isn't that bad. The opinion hosts are propagandists (so are the opinion hosts on the other channels) but the reporting is just fine. 

Top of the 5th and the five-run lead has shrunk to one. You know I'm not going to go take a shower. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    Any chance that video is “doctored?” Regardless, you should be proud getting your news from such a reputable source. Nah, they ain’t got no agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Media
    Jesus you're unbelievable. Who cares what the source is or what Rebel Media is? Or even their agenda is. Okay so that wikipedia link shows them to be a far-right outfit in the Breitbart realm. Okay fine. Not a place I'd go for my news with regularity. But that's where google took me and that guy had the credentials to be walking those halls asking questions. All three of those women could have just said yes to his question and condemned the attack. But of course they didn't. And of course you're trying to make excuses for them. I get it though. Trump is awful. They are in direct opposition of Trump. So of course you're going to defend them. Whatever. 
    I have yet to see reputable reporting of the incident and I’ll take Rebel News with a grain of salt but you go ahead and get hysterical and continue to make false equivalencies. So the Four didn’t condemn one event, an attack on a representation of what they consider evil while team trump treason seems to denigrate, encourage violence and not condemn his shitty followers actions on a daily basis. And gee, don’t fucking remember you condemning the armed stand off at the nature preserve or the bundy ranch situation so vehemently. Talk about hypocrisy? Whateva  :)
    You get all your news (presumably) from left-wing outlets that aren't going to talk about ANTIFA attacks so you're not going find anything "reputable." And really? Because they consider ICE "evil" they should excuse attempts of violence against them? And quit bringing Trump into EVERYTHING. It's pathetic. Yes, he's a racist, bigoted moron. Nobody's arguing that. But he's not the only person in Washington worth taking a closer look at. 

And the Bundy standoff was like 3 years ago. I don't recall any discussion about it. But since we're talking about it now (for some reason), sure I condemn it. 

And I love how you say I'm being "hysterical." I posted two videos that are relevant to this thread because AOC is involved. You and Spiritual Chaos are the ones with your panties in a bunch over it. You guys seem like the hysterical ones. 
    Prior to your post I hadn’t posted anything about it. Wallow in your faux outrage. Whateva.  :)
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Any chance that video is “doctored?” Regardless, you should be proud getting your news from such a reputable source. Nah, they ain’t got no agenda.

Jesus you're unbelievable. Who cares what the source is or what Rebel Media is? Or even their agenda is. Okay so that wikipedia link shows them to be a far-right outfit in the Breitbart realm. Okay fine. Not a place I'd go for my news with regularity. But that's where google took me and that guy had the credentials to be walking those halls asking questions. All three of those women could have just said yes to his question and condemned the attack. But of course they didn't. And of course you're trying to make excuses for them. I get it though. Trump is awful. They are in direct opposition of Trump. So of course you're going to defend them. Whatever. 
    I have yet to see reputable reporting of the incident and I’ll take Rebel News with a grain of salt but you go ahead and get hysterical and continue to make false equivalencies. So the Four didn’t condemn one event, an attack on a representation of what they consider evil while team trump treason seems to denigrate, encourage violence and not condemn his shitty followers actions on a daily basis. And gee, don’t fucking remember you condemning the armed stand off at the nature preserve or the bundy ranch situation so vehemently. Talk about hypocrisy? Whateva  :)
    You get all your news (presumably) from left-wing outlets that aren't going to talk about ANTIFA attacks so you're not going find anything "reputable." And really? Because they consider ICE "evil" they should excuse attempts of violence against them? And quit bringing Trump into EVERYTHING. It's pathetic. Yes, he's a racist, bigoted moron. Nobody's arguing that. But he's not the only person in Washington worth taking a closer look at. 

And the Bundy standoff was like 3 years ago. I don't recall any discussion about it. But since we're talking about it now (for some reason), sure I condemn it. 

And I love how you say I'm being "hysterical." I posted two videos that are relevant to this thread because AOC is involved. You and Spiritual Chaos are the ones with your panties in a bunch over it. You guys seem like the hysterical ones. 
    Prior to your post I hadn’t posted anything about it. Wallow in your faux outrage. Whateva.  :)
    Haha.
  • Options

Prior to your post I hadn’t posted anything about it. Wallow in your faux outrage. Whateva.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Shoot the messenger?

I think a potential good reason they didn’t answer was if they knew this news source and just won’t talk. Or if they had no details and didn’t know what happened yet. 
    My hysteria requires I consider the source.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Always picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Yeah Bundy standoff, "faux outrage." "Whateva" is right. If you want to minimize they're silence because you don't respect Rebel media (or whatever it's called), that's fine. But to say it was "an attack on a representation of what they consider evil" almost sounds like your justifying domestic terrorism. So what if they consider ICE evil? It's not. And even if it was, that's not a good reason to attack if you're an ANTIFA maniac. 

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Always picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Yeah Bundy standoff, "faux outrage." "Whateva" is right. 
    You threatened to not respond to my posts. I’m impressed with your will power.  :)

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Yeah but they're dealing with a reporter acting in bad faith here. The Rebel, right? So let's say they answer like you normally would to a legit reporter that they're not aware of the facts yada yada....then this fucking clown tells her his perception of what happened (given "The Rebel's reputation, it will surely be slanted in a certain way to make her look bad or box them in in some way) and then they're in a worse situation then just walking past them. They did the right thing.

I see politicians walk away from legitimate reporters without issuing a comment all the time. This "story" does not deserve our time.
    I agree it's a non-story, but one of our members brought it up, so here we are.  

How about two scenarios:  
    1. She knows who they are:
    "Sorry, I don't provide comments to right wing shills/partisan hacks/apologists for a racist/propagandists (take your pick)", and be done with it.

2. She doesn't know who they are:
    "I don't know the story, I can't comment until I learn more".  If they press or try to tell the story "Sorry, I don't know who you are and who you represent, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't take your information as fact.  I'll rely on news sources who I know".  

That's how I would have handled it.  I would have jumped at an opportunity to insult them if I knew who they were.  
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Always picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Yeah Bundy standoff, "faux outrage." "Whateva" is right. 
    You threatened to not respond to my posts. I’m impressed with your will power.  :)
    No I stopped responding to that particular conversation because it was fucking ridiculous (You running away from the NRA thread where you said me and someone else laugh at dead children and then having the nerve to give me shit a day or two later for not using the search function to find out your Tom Brady/Donald Trump views). And I have made a point to not bother responding to your posts that are about the usual (Team Trump Treason, Mueller, etc.). But when you respond to me as you have here, I have to respond back. 

Here's the rest of my last post...as I hit submit too soon and didn't finish editing: If you want to minimize their silence because you don't respect Rebel media (or whatever it's called), that's fine. But to say it was "an attack on a representation of what they consider evil" almost sounds like your justifying domestic terrorism. So what if they consider ICE evil? It's not. And even if it was, that's not a good reason to attack if you're an ANTIFA maniac. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Nice!  I saw them open for the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour, probably 89.  Funny that the rumor at the time, at least in Cleveland, was that the lead singer was Hendrix's son!  People were idiots.  
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

That source it such trash I won't even click on it to give them any views. That's how bad it is. 

We have been dealing with Rebel media and Ezra Levant for years in Alberta (where it comes from), believe me, it is total garbage.

Post a better source and I will check it out.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    dignin said:

That source it such trash I won't even click on it to give them any views. That's how bad it is. 

We have been dealing with Rebel media and Ezra Levant for years in Alberta (where it comes from), believe me, it is total garbage.

No I do believe ya. At this point, I  have to concede it's a crap source. "Canada's Breitbart" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. I'm not so stubborn that I'm going to die on this mountain. So no mas, no mas. It was a crap source. I concede. 

Still, if it was a reporter from a more respectable outfit, would she answer then? Maybe she'd say "I unequivocally condemn all acts of violence against a government building. And I am disgusted that the Seattle ANTIFA is making this man out to be some sort of martyr. That man could have done very serious harm to migrants that already suffering in ICE's Nazi lockup. ANTIFA is dangerous." She might say that. But probably not. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignin said:

No I do believe ya. At this point, I  have to concede it's a crap source. "Canada's Breitbart" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. I'm not so stubborn that I'm going to die on this mountain. So no mas, no mas. It was a crap source. I concede. 

Still, if it was a reporter from a more respectable outfit, would she answer then? Maybe she'd say "I unequivocally condemn all acts of violence against a government building. And I am disgusted that the Seattle ANTIFA is making this man out to be some sort of martyr. That man could have done very serious harm to migrants that already suffering in ICE's Nazi lockup. ANTIFA is dangerous." She might say that. But probably not. 
    Yeah, I'm not trying to harp on you at all. You're an honest person here. Just wanted to share my experience with Rebel Media, not a legitimate trusted source.

Is there a source about the initial incident that the "journalist" was asking about? Never heard about it.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Yeah, I'm not trying to harp on you at all. You're an honest person here. Just wanted to share my experience with Rebel Media, not a legitimate trusted source.

Is there a source about the initial incident that the "journalist" was asking about? Never heard about it.
    I'm not sure but as I look back through this thread, and do a quick google search of this guy and seeing he worked at a white supremacist store, refers to himself as "Commie tantrum catalyst" (which Spiritual Chaos did point out), I wonder how the hell does someone like this even have this access to the  congresspeople? I dunno, I guess I just figured that only highest-credentialed people would be allowed to roam those halls where the congresspeople walk to meetings/sessions. And I thought it was a fair-enough question. AOC and Omar are "woke" far-leftists who may support ANTIFA (even if only in theory), so I was kinda interested to hear what they'd say. But in fairness to the squad, when you're making national headlines battling nose to nose with the president of the United States, it's hard to be expected to take the time to answer this guy's questions: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1136717164512129024/5pN_SL29_400x400.png

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

I'm not sure but as I look back through this thread, and do a quick google search of this guy and seeing he worked at a white supremacist store, refers to himself as "Commie tantrum catalyst" (which Spiritual Chaos did point out), I wonder how the hell does someone like this even have this access to the  congresspeople? I dunno, I guess I just figured that only highest-credentialed people would be allowed to roam those halls where the congresspeople walk to meetings/sessions. And I thought it was a fair-enough question. AOC and Omar are "woke" far-leftists who may support ANTIFA (even if only in theory), so I was kinda interested to hear what they'd say. But in fairness to the squad, when you're making national headlines battling nose to nose with the president of the United States, it's hard to be expected to take the time to answer this guy's questions: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1136717164512129024/5pN_SL29_400x400.png
    Jesus, that guy is the poster boy for white power.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Jesus, that guy is the poster boy for white power.
    Virgin white power.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Late to the party here because there was dinner to be had, but I’ve got to agree with dignin - I wouldn’t wipe my shoes on Rebel Media for fear they would just get dirtier. No way am I giving them the benefit of the doubt here. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Late to the party here because there was dinner to be had, but I’ve got to agree with dignin - I wouldn’t wipe my shoes on Rebel Media for fear they would just get dirtier. No way am I giving them the benefit of the doubt here. 
    Late too.  Questions not pointed at u directly, asking the group.

1-Do you think for a second that "rebel media" is going to be given verbal credit on say Fox if they show the video?  

2-I can picture this story getting HUGE and zero to none, background info gets talked about the source.

3-Was anyone else singled out about the attacks?  Only these 4?  Any other law makers, Republicans?  That would be the other talking point.

This was a well setup ambush but can't be ignored.  It's things like this that can ruin a politician.