Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Trump is a fucking racist....you tRumpsters are just going to have to accept that
    I'm not a Trumpster, a trumpet a P-tape enthusiast or a flutist. 

I just disagree.
    You have to see the pattern.  While her statement may not be racial in nature,  there are countless instances of blatant racism by Trump's words and actions. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    Exactly.  ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’ when talking about a black man protesting racial injustice. When talking about white men protesting racial injustice in Charlotte "very fine people". Again, that's the pattern I'm talking about. In isolation, most examples may not be particularly convincing to people. But taken together, a pattern emerges.
    I missed that part where he calls the player a "black player".  Show me that part again?

You are both putting in words and making it mean something entirely different.

The "Very fine people" one is just him being dumb, it really is blown out of proportion.

Why am I defending Trump right now?  Because I disagree with the context in which the opposing argument is being used.
    no one said that he said "black player"....no one.  But the dude was black....and he called him a son of a bitch.
    Actually Jeff did.  Just scroll up.  

That is my argument.  It was players protesting, his statement made it racial.

That is what I am bothered with and why I highlighted it in the first place.

But that is exactly who he was talking about. At the time it started with Kaepernick. Michael Bennett joined in solidarity. Then a number of other black players. Remember, they were protesting police injustice against African Americans. Trump had some sort of apoplexy about this, and started tweet storming. As a reaction we started seeing white players join in solidarity. But this was initially a black protest against police brutality toward African Americans.  So yes, I did say "black players", because that is who Trump was referring to.
    Exactly....his message was clearly to rile up his racist followers
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    Exactly.  ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’ when talking about a black man protesting racial injustice. When talking about white men protesting racial injustice in Charlotte "very fine people". Again, that's the pattern I'm talking about. In isolation, most examples may not be particularly convincing to people. But taken together, a pattern emerges.
    I missed that part where he calls the player a "black player".  Show me that part again?

The "Very fine people" one is just him being dumb, it really is blown out of proportion.

Why am I defending Trump right now?  Because I disagree with the context in which the opposing argument is being used.
    no one said that he said "black player"....no one.  But the dude was black....and he called him a son of a bitch.

But that is exactly who he was talking about. At the time it started with Kaepernick. Michael Bennett joined in solidarity. Then a number of other black players. Remember, they were protesting police injustice against African Americans. Trump had some sort of apoplexy about this, and started tweet storming. As a reaction we started seeing white players join in solidarity. But this was initially a black protest against police brutality toward African Americans.  So yes, I did say "black players", because that is who Trump was referring to.
    Exactly....his message was clearly to rile up his racist followers
    I can get behind part of that statement.  Racists definitely follow him, no doubt.

There is a pattern of people that do follow him then others that don't fit in at all, maybe they are just RINO's? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump is a fucking racist....you tRumpsters are just going to have to accept that

I just disagree.
    You have to see the pattern.  While her statement may not be racial in nature,  there are countless instances of blatant racism by Trump's words and actions. 
    If you would agree that the statement isn't "racist in nature" then it shouldn't be lumped in with other perceived slights either.

I don't think building a wall is racist either, it's a border, it needs a fence/wall, It is however, a very expensive and dumb idea.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.
    If you would agree that the statement isn't "racist in nature" then it shouldn't be lumped in with other perceived slights either.

I don't think building a wall is racist either, it's a border, it needs a fence/wall, It is however, a very expensive and dumb idea.  
    But what if the Ku Klux Klan wants to build a wall just to keep those less worth black people out? Is it a racist act then?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

I said... may not be... he's created an environment where everything is easily viewed from that lens.  It's if his own design I believe.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

But what if the Ku Klux Klan wants to build a wall just to keep those less worth black people out? Is it a racist act then?
    Do you actually think about your questions before posting them?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

That one had to have been a joke, had to be.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

It's a troll,  not a joke. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

I don’t think it was bud!  I m shaking my head on that one.  

• Options
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

"NO WAY should McDonald's employees have livable wages"
    "NO WAY should workers have the legal right to vacation" (US only industrialized nation not to have that right)

Chill out with asking other people if they think or not.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

I said... may not be... he's created an environment where everything is easily viewed from that lens.  It's if his own design I believe.  
    I would agree with this too.

He is a megalomaniac and could do this by design.

Trump isn't a very good speaker but he sure does know how to piss people off or corral the troops.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

"NO WAY should workers have the legal right to vacation" (US only industrialized nation not to have that right)

Is it racist if the kkk puts a fence around McDonald s workers that don’t take vacation?

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

Is it racist if the kkk puts a fence around McDonald s workers that don’t take vacation?

Only if the clown is wearing white.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

Only if the clown is wearing white.
    Solid point.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

If this was the early 1960s, and with your views being roughly 50 years behind the times -  if I said "In Sweden we let all people share the same bathrooms" what would you say?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just disagree.

If this was the early 1960s, and with your views being roughly 50 years behind the times -  if I said "In Sweden we let all people share the same bathrooms" what would you say?
    I am assuming you are talking about public bathrooms. If it is a bathroom meant for one then sure. More than one, no way.  I don’t want my 15 year old daughter using a public bathroom with a 35 year old man.  And I wouldn’t my ten year old boys to use the bathroom with a grown woman.  

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    US employment law by state

https://www.employmentlawhandbook.com/

I agree with SC here.  Every person should be entitled to two weeks of vacation a year...

Happy employees are better employees.  Bitter employees love to run down the employer that makes them pissed off and are less productive.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    US employment law by state

https://www.employmentlawhandbook.com/

I agree with SC here.  Every person should be entitled to two weeks of vacation a year...

Happy employees are better employees.  Bitter employees love to run down the employer that makes them pissed off and are less productive.  
    Off topic but when I was a Superintendent I wanted to do EVRYTHING different than one that I worked for.  My guys never had OT but they also had help to get their work done in under 8.

My guys LOVED working for me and coming to work.

One had once told me that his paycheck is different but his quality of life has gone up.

Keep your workers happy, they are assets.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited July 2019
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

I read "fire the sons of bitches" and thought of the players as people, not color.  Never thought of it as a racist statement at all.

I did feel however when it was said that some players would take it a step further and think Trump was talking about their Mom's and that actually happened too.
    Trump hides behind people that think like this. If you look at each individual racially controversial thing he says he rides the line and gives himself an out.

It's a trick that you are falling for. You are focusing on the single brush strokes and not the full painting. You have to look at his history, patterns and context of what he has said and not said to see the full painting. 

The full painting is one of a racist, plain and simple. His comments are racist and meant to be racist. Even his white nationalist followers can see it and freely admit it.

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Here's AOC and Omar refusing to condemn the attempted domestic terror attack on an ICE facility by an ANTIFA member that showed up with an AR-15 and making threats. An ANTIFA member that has been described by Seattle's ANTIFA chapter as  a "good friend and comrade who took a stand against the fascist detention center in Tacoma and became a martyr who gave his life to the struggle against fascism." 

This isn't that different than Trump refusing to condemn the idiots in Charlottesville. Why didn't he condemn them? He knows they're wrong. He didn't condemn them because he likes them. Same thing here. 

https://youtu.be/TjwnRmtSNEY

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Here's AOC and Omar refusing to condemn the attempted domestic terror attack on an ICE facility by an ANTIFA member that showed up with an AR-15 and making threats. An ANTIFA member that has been described by Seattle's ANTIFA chapter as  a "good friend and comrade who took a stand against the fascist detention center in Tacoma and became a martyr who gave his life to the struggle against fascism." 

This isn't that different than Trump refusing to condemn the idiots in Charlottesville. Why didn't he condemn them? He knows they're wrong. He didn't condemn them because he likes them. Same thing here. 

Could it be this very nice news media whatever "The Rebel" that you seem to really dig - that they don't feel like answering questions to?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Wow I'm speechless.  God damn hypocrites is what they are.  I'm surprised I didn't see this on cnn.com this morning.  Oh wait, duh.
    They really are no better than Trump.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Could it be this very nice news media whatever "The Rebel" that you seem to really dig - that they don't feel like answering questions to?
    I don't even know what The Rebel is. It's the page that was linked to in the article I got this from. What I see is a guy asking them if they're against an attempted terror attack by ANTIFA, and they wouldn't say they are. Keep being a fanboy though who won't dare criticize her. It's no different that the people that refuse to say anything negative about Trump. 

Unless of course you support domestic terrorist groups. In which case I wouldn't expect you to be critical of her here. But if you  do support American domestic terrorist groups (wouldn't be surprised if you do since you seem to dislike America), do it because you like it, not because AOC does. Don't hero-worship.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

I don't even know what The Rebel is. It's the page that was linked to in the article I got this from. What I see is a guy asking them if they're against an attempted terror attack by ANTIFA, and they wouldn't say they are. Keep being a fanboy though who won't dare criticize her. It's no different that the people that refuse to say anything negative about Trump. 

Unless of course you support domestic terrorist groups. In which case I wouldn't expect you to be critical of her here. But if you  do support American domestic terrorist groups (wouldn't be surprised if you do since you seem to dislike America), do it because you like it, not because AOC does. Don't hero-worship.
    ok
  • Options

ok
    Hahahahaha. What a cop-out! Well I guess there's no defense of her here so you're better off just dismissing my posts and trying to move on rather than defend her. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2019

ok
    Hahahahaha. What a cop-out! Well I guess there's no defense of her here so you're better off just dismissing my posts and trying to move on rather than defend her. 
    Please post a link to the article you read.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

ok
    Please post a link to the article you read.
    Sure thing. I came across it in the "news" section of google after searching for "Omar Anitfa." Now, I think it's a conservative website so you may dismiss it as such. But remember, those are the only websites that would dare criticize prominent democrats. You think MSNBC has anything up about this?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/07/16/the-squad-sure-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-the-antifa-terrorist-attack-against-ice-n2550128

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    Any chance that video is “doctored?” Regardless, you should be proud getting your news from such a reputable source. Nah, they ain’t got no agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Media
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©