Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited July 2019
    The thing is - people in he who are so adamant they should have legitimized a far right fringe alt-right muslim hating channel not only hate America. 

But they also do so, so they can somehow put these women down. They must do something wrong. That must be the narrative.

If the women would have stopped and said "no comments at this time" these same people on this board would have said:

"How can they stop and answer, and legitimize a youtube channel like that one? This is what happens when these radial non-centrist people gets into power". 

So yeah. Take it for what it is - a way to have these women be in the wrong. The reason for it being of less importance. As long as they are.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    The thing is - people in he who are so adamant they should have legitimized a far right fringe alt-right muslim hating channel not only hate America. 

But they also do so, so they can somehow put these women down. They must do something wrong. That must be the narrative.

If the women would have stopped and said "no comments at this time" these same people on this board would have said:

"How can they stop and answer, and legitimize a youtube channel like that one? This is what happens when these radial non-centrist people gets into power". 

So yeah. Take it for what it is - a way to have these women be in the wrong. The reason for it being of less importance. As long as they are.
    You have a habit of completely inventing things that you believe others would say.  It's like "Straw Man for Dummies".    
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

You have a habit of completely inventing things that you believe others would say.  It's like "Straw Man for Dummies".    
    Yes. Constructing a sentence, someone would say is inventing something. That is very smart of you.

Smarter than being of the opinion these politicians should legitimize that neonazi store-working shithead.

But you do you.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yes. Constructing a sentence, someone would say is inventing something. That is very smart of you.

Smarter than being of the opinion these politicians should legitimize that neonazi store-working shithead.

But you do you.
    "would say"... as if you have a clue of what someone would say.  Your omniscience from across the pond is so impressive.  It must be your deep obsession with our culture that allows you to correctly predict the forthcoming words from someone you've never met.  
  • Options
    Pro tip, in English there's an important distinction between "might" and "would".  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    mrussel1 said:
    Pro tip, in English there's an important distinction between "might" and "would".  
    That is in Greek too and French, Spanish, oh hell, all of the languages.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes. And I wrote "would" because that is what I meant. 

Trying to put someone down and disparage them over english not being their first language? Also going with the "you are not american so why do you care/you have no right to an opinion" BS that @mcgruff10 has done before.

What's next - asking me to go back to where I came from?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Trying to put someone down and disparage them over english not being their first language? Also going with the "you are not american so why do you care/you have no right to an opinion" BS that @mcgruff10 has done before.

No,  stop pretending you know what people think and would say.   
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not pretending. I am certain enough to make a post about it.

Now, go down to the south border or to the Fox News comments section and attack people for not being from the US, instead of attacking me or other users about it on here.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    i find it weird that a person from sweden seems to have the most posts about US politicians and politics.  i can't imagine under any circumstances posting this much about Swedish politicians or politics.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not pretending. I am certain enough to make a post about it.

Now, go down to the south border or to the Fox News comments section and attack people for not being from the US, instead of attacking me or other users about it on here.
    Congrats on your clairvoyance.  How about parlaying that genius into something useful.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    i find it weird that a person from sweden seems to have the most posts about US politicians and politics.  i can't imagine under any circumstances posting this much about Swedish politicians or politics.
    ok
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    Sure thing. I came across it in the "news" section of google after searching for "Omar Anitfa." Now, I think it's a conservative website so you may dismiss it as such. But remember, those are the only websites that would dare criticize prominent democrats. You think MSNBC has anything up about this?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/07/16/the-squad-sure-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-the-antifa-terrorist-attack-against-ice-n2550128
    What a bunch of absolute horse shit. How is walking away from a "reporter" (who is from a questionable news source, by the way), asking a question about something she's not informed about anything remotely close to the racism Trump spews on a daily fucking basis?

And to especially compare it something ENORMOUS as Charlottesville which captured the attention of the entire nation and even prompted members of Trump's own cabinet to draw up resignation papers in response to Trump's words......I mean....come on. What a fucking stretch.

What you see here on Rebel, and then on Townhall (Katie Pavlich is fucking trash) is how the Fox News echo chamber works. This low level trash "conservative" site is trying to catch them in a gotcha moment (which didn't even seem to work as she didn't answer the question)....some site a little higher up the food chain like Townhall writes about it trying to drum up more hits....and then eventually it lands in Sean Hannity's hands and it's their newest outrage of the moment. Shockingly, these stories are all timed to coincide with whatever story is playing in the real word to distract and deflect. Same exact strategy they use with the Mueller investigation/Deep State's gonna git you sucker!

PS--I wouldn't have answered the question either. Good for her for not taking the obvious bait. 
    Why not say,  you don't know the details.  Can't spin that one. 
    That would've been the smarter way to handle it, for sure. Still, this is a bunch of nonsense to compare it Charlottesville though. 

In googling the story, it seems like a 69 year old crazy guy went off the deep end in some remote area of the country. She clearly didn't know about it......just like probably 99% of the country. 

People in the Seattle area (you know, the remote area of the country :lol: ) know about it since it happened near here. It was all over the local news. So I didn't even realize it was a non-story. And the idiots ANTIFA connection was reported as well. So there wasn't any weird cover-up going on here.  Why it didn't play with the rest of the country I couldn't tell you, but people here know it was a radical lefty that took the bullet for being an idiot. He was not new to the game, either. Anyway, you can see by searching the guy's name on just one Seattle news site that there were multiple stories about this: https://komonews.com/search?find=Willem%20Van%20Spronsen

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited July 2019
    People need to take their bickering comments OFF the forum. I'm this close to banning some people if only for peace and quiet. You'll still be able to read but not post. 
    And other people...USE the Ignore feature and some self-control by actually ignoring quoted comments. We're discussing topics here, not each other.
    Admin

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    People need to take their bickering comments OFF the forum. I'm this close to banning some people if only for peace and quiet. You'll still be able to read but not post. 
    And other people...USE the Ignore feature and some self-control by actually ignoring quoted comments. We're discussing topics here, not each other.
    Admin

BRING THE HAMMER!!!

As long as it's not me, please, by all means.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But you do you.
    "would say"... as if you have a clue of what someone would say.  Your omniscience from across the pond is so impressive.  It must be your deep obsession with our culture that allows you to correctly predict the forthcoming words from someone you've never met.  

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Sweden doesn't have the massive impact on the entire world like the US does. I'm not sure why some Americans don't get why people from other countries are so interested in what is happening in America. It's not because we're bored. It's because IT IMPACTS US.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Image result for dont feed the trolls meme
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I actually kind of agree with S_C here. It seems pretty clear that people are trying hard to place these women in the wrong somehow - they're reaching pretty far for it IMO. What I feel that really lends itself to is an ultimate defense of what Trump said. And what Trump said and continues to say is reprehensible in every sense of the word. I also can't believe that some are attempting to say that Trump's comments aren't racist. They are BLATANTLY racist... Those who are trying to say otherwise must be in total denial, or are the types to think that racism is only present if there is someone in a white hood or waving a Nazi flag.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    Sweden doesn't have the massive impact on the entire world like the US does. I'm not sure why some Americans don't get why people from other countries are so interested in what is happening in America. It's not because we're bored. It's because IT IMPACTS US.
    Not the food we eat, or how much we pay for medicine, or how many weeks of vacation we get, how fat we are, or a thousand other things that seems to be the topic du jour.  I agree that our international movements, NATO, JCPOA, trade, etc., all have an effect on Europe and Canada, but there are limits to what materially affects the world.  
  • Options
    Kat said:
    People need to take their bickering comments OFF the forum. 

https://youtu.be/SqZkFJo2D_g
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    Not the food we eat, or how much we pay for medicine, or how many weeks of vacation we get, how fat we are, or a thousand other things that seems to be the topic du jour.  I agree that our international movements, NATO, JCPOA, trade, etc., all have an effect on Europe and Canada, but there are limits to what materially affects the world.  
    A country without those basic "modern country certainties" in check voted in climate change denier, racist, serial assaulter and super-idiot Trump as president. 

If those things were in check, maybe the American population would believe more in their government and in their country and not vote in a super-idiot that impacts the world directly. 

50-something% votes in the US. 80+% votes in Sweden. We have healthcare for our citizens. We have paid vacation. We have paid maternal leave. We try to build a fair society for the people - and not only for the corporations. Like other countries in Europe. Some basic things US is pretty much the only country who hasn't incorporated in the name of "profit".

Simple math to me. 

Tthe USA turning into a healthy modern country is important, because the USA impacts us all. And if you look around here with corporation-apologists and "usa is the greatest country on earth" folks you have a long way to go. And it impacts the world.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Sure thing. I came across it in the "news" section of google after searching for "Omar Anitfa." Now, I think it's a conservative website so you may dismiss it as such. But remember, those are the only websites that would dare criticize prominent democrats. You think MSNBC has anything up about this?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/07/16/the-squad-sure-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-the-antifa-terrorist-attack-against-ice-n2550128
    What a bunch of absolute horse shit. How is walking away from a "reporter" (who is from a questionable news source, by the way), asking a question about something she's not informed about anything remotely close to the racism Trump spews on a daily fucking basis?

And to especially compare it something ENORMOUS as Charlottesville which captured the attention of the entire nation and even prompted members of Trump's own cabinet to draw up resignation papers in response to Trump's words......I mean....come on. What a fucking stretch.

What you see here on Rebel, and then on Townhall (Katie Pavlich is fucking trash) is how the Fox News echo chamber works. This low level trash "conservative" site is trying to catch them in a gotcha moment (which didn't even seem to work as she didn't answer the question)....some site a little higher up the food chain like Townhall writes about it trying to drum up more hits....and then eventually it lands in Sean Hannity's hands and it's their newest outrage of the moment. Shockingly, these stories are all timed to coincide with whatever story is playing in the real word to distract and deflect. Same exact strategy they use with the Mueller investigation/Deep State's gonna git you sucker!

PS--I wouldn't have answered the question either. Good for her for not taking the obvious bait. 
    Why not say,  you don't know the details.  Can't spin that one. 
    That would've been the smarter way to handle it, for sure. Still, this is a bunch of nonsense to compare it Charlottesville though. 

In googling the story, it seems like a 69 year old crazy guy went off the deep end in some remote area of the country. She clearly didn't know about it......just like probably 99% of the country. 

People in the Seattle area (you know, the remote area of the country :lol: ) know about it since it happened near here. It was all over the local news. So I didn't even realize it was a non-story. And the idiots ANTIFA connection was reported as well. So there wasn't any weird cover-up going on here.  Why it didn't play with the rest of the country I couldn't tell you, but people here know it was a radical lefty that took the bullet for being an idiot. He was not new to the game, either. Anyway, you can see by searching the guy's name on just one Seattle news site that there were multiple stories about this: https://komonews.com/search?find=Willem%20Van%20Spronsen

But that's my point. That it was a local story that got zero national headlines. There's no comparison to something like what happened in Charlottesville a couple years ago. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The US domestic issues do not impact me here in Canada any more than Canadian domestic issues impact the US...that's just non-sense.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The US domestic issues do not impact me here in Canada any more than Canadian domestic issues impact the US...that's just non-sense.
    Complete and utter...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    Actually that's not true for Canada at all. Not even close. Canada is heavily impacted by all of those things. Politicians on the right here borrow American policies for their platforms all the time and we're constantly having to fight against backtracking in terms of health care and workers' rights. How much you pay for medicine heavily impacts us because Americans flock across our border to buy our cheaper medicine, and again because we are always threatened by American policies on that, and by American pharma, deregulating environmental protections hurts us all, and Canada is jam packed with American food products, and heavily influenced by American advertising and broadcasting. So yeah, American has a massive impact on my country in most aspect - political, cultural, and economic. Plus we have to consider the massive global impact that social media has on people and ideas too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited July 2019
    You know what's nonsense, thinking that pollution obeys borders. Among countless of other examples.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That is complete bullshit or completely ignorant.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    That is complete bullshit or completely ignorant.
    So you agree with me...Thank you. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignin said:
    You know what's nonsense, thinking that pollution obeys borders. Among countless of other examples.
    You'll notice environment wasn't on my list.