Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    There’s actually some similarities between Trump and AOC. They’re both kinda flipping their respective parties on their heads. They both play the race card (AOC saying Pelosi was taliking down on “women of color” when their color played no role at all, and Trump..well it goes without saying all the racial bullshit he spews). They’re both social media obsessed. They both love memes. They both pander to the extremes of their bases (white supremacists for Trump, illegal aliens for AOC). They both come off more as performance artists than elected officials. Lots of common ground. Maybe they’d get along if they ever had a sit-down. Who knows? Maybe she could be Trump’s 4th wife. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Trump. 
    LOL
    They would make only the best buck-toothed orange babies!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJPOWER said:
    There’s actually some similarities between Trump and AOC. They’re both kinda flipping their respective parties on their heads. They both play the race card (AOC saying Pelosi was taliking down on “women of color” when their color played no role at all, and Trump..well it goes without saying all the racial bullshit he spews). They’re both social media obsessed. They both love memes. They both pander to the extremes of their bases (white supremacists for Trump, illegal aliens for AOC). They both come off more as performance artists than elected officials. Lots of common ground. Maybe they’d get along if they ever had a sit-down. Who knows? Maybe she could be Trump’s 4th wife. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Trump. 
    LOL
    LOL.  I can not stand her voice...she sounds like one of those 2-foot gymnasts at the Olympics...like chalk on a blackboard.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Trump and AOC are also the face of each party in the media as well.  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    LOL
    LOL.  I can not stand her voice...she sounds like one of those 2-foot gymnasts at the Olympics...like chalk on a blackboard.
    She sounds like a Telly Tubby and those damn things are annoying as hell!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    LOL
    That is so true...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    PJPOWER said:
    LOL
    Yes.  I actually feel bad about this because she can't help it it's just her voice.  But man is it irritating.  I have to focus very hard when she is talking on the content to get past the noise.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    LOL
    Yes.  I actually feel bad about this because she can't help it it's just her voice.  But man is it irritating.  I have to focus very hard when she is talking on the content to get past the noise.
    Same here.  I flip the channel whenever there is a news clip of her...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited July 2019
    nvm
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited July 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    LOL
    That sounds like something an anti-Telly racist would say. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Conway: Progressive congresswomen represent 'dark underbelly in this country'

She said: "What the president is doing is, we are tired — sick and tired — of many people in this country," she said. "Forget these four. They represent a dark underbelly of people in this country of people who are not respecting our troops, are not giving them the resources and the respect that they deserve."

Nice choice of words from Zombie Barbie. Good Lord, do these racists have any idea that they're talking out loud? 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    jeffbr said:

She said: "What the president is doing is, we are tired — sick and tired — of many people in this country," she said. "Forget these four. They represent a dark underbelly of people in this country of people who are not respecting our troops, are not giving them the resources and the respect that they deserve."

Nice choice of words from Zombie Barbie. Good Lord, do these racists have any idea that they're talking out loud? 
    I'm not seeing the "race card" angle here?
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

When targeting an attack on a group of women of color it is probably wise to pick words more carefully. Calling people of color a dark underbelly of our country is probably not the best choice of words and is part of the underlying "dog whistle" type of speech this administration is notorious for. It always appeals to the more racist supporters of this administration.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

When targeting an attack on a group of women of color it is probably wise to pick words more carefully. Calling people of color a dark underbelly of our country is probably not the best choice of words and is part of the underlying "dog whistle" type of speech this administration is notorious for. It always appeals to the more racist supporters of this administration.
    Yeah that is what I thought you were grasping at, and I mean grasping.  

Sometimes people look for metaphors and Freudian slips that don't exist.

I have no problem calling people out bt this one doesn't pass the smell test for me.  

I'm out on this one.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

I have no problem calling people out bt this one doesn't pass the smell test for me.  

I'm out on this one.
    Totally understand. And if it was an isolated incident, or the first time something could have been misconstrued, I'd be with you. But this sort of thing has become a pattern. There's simply no question that the administration has animosity toward people of color, and immigrants. "Shithole countries", Muslim ban, Mexicans are rapists and gang members (well, there might be some who aren't), dark underbelly, Black NFL players who were protesting were "sons of bitches".
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    LOL
    That sounds like something an anti-Telly racist would say. 
    If Telly is a race, then I am definitely racist against Telly Tubbies...

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

I'm out on this one.
    Totally understand. And if it was an isolated incident, or the first time something could have been misconstrued, I'd be with you. But this sort of thing has become a pattern. There's simply no question that the administration has animosity toward people of color, and immigrants. "Shithole countries", Muslim ban, Mexicans are rapists and gang members (well, there might be some who aren't), dark underbelly, Black NFL players who were protesting were "sons of bitches".
    I have a hard time w this as he never said that so I really need to stay away from this one Jeff.  Forgive me if I don't reply as I appreciate your input and debate rather well.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited July 2019
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Exactly.  ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’ when talking about a black man protesting racial injustice. When talking about white men protesting racial injustice in Charlotte "very fine people". Again, that's the pattern I'm talking about. In isolation, most examples may not be particularly convincing to people. But taken together, a pattern emerges.
  • Options
    Yeah and when confronted about his racist comments he says "many people agree with me".....unreal

I can't believe anyone still supports this piece of shit.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    Exactly.  ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’ when talking about a black man protesting racial injustice. When talking about white men protesting racial injustice in Charlotte "very fine people". Again, that's the pattern I'm talking about. In isolation, most examples may not be particularly convincing to people. But taken together, a pattern emerges.
    I missed that part where he calls the player a "black player".  Show me that part again?

You are both putting in words and making it mean something entirely different.

The "Very fine people" one is just him being dumb, it really is blown out of proportion.

Why am I defending Trump right now?  Because I disagree with the context in which the opposing argument is being used.
  • Options
    Yeah and when confronted about his racist comments he says "many people agree with me".....unreal

I can't believe anyone still supports this piece of shit.  
    I don't support him I disagree on the way things that he says get blown out of proportion.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    The dog whistles have been numerous and frequent for anyone who’s been listening. No one should be surprised except maybe Faux news viewers. But they just amplify them and their viewers nod in agreement.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    I missed that part where he calls the player a "black player".  Show me that part again?

The "Very fine people" one is just him being dumb, it really is blown out of proportion.

Why am I defending Trump right now?  Because I disagree with the context in which the opposing argument is being used.
    no one said that he said "black player"....no one.  But the dude was black....and he called him a son of a bitch.

• Options
    jeffbr said:

no one said that he said "black player"....no one.  But the dude was black....and he called him a son of a bitch.
    I don’t know if “son of a bitch” is reserved for black people?

• Options
    jeffbr said:

Actually Jeff did.  Just scroll up.  

That is my argument.  It was players protesting, his statement made it racial.

That is what I am bothered with and why I highlighted it in the first place.

• Options
    jeffbr said:

But that is exactly who he was talking about. At the time it started with Kaepernick. Michael Bennett joined in solidarity. Then a number of other black players. Remember, they were protesting police injustice against African Americans. Trump had some sort of apoplexy about this, and started tweet storming. As a reaction we started seeing white players join in solidarity. But this was initially a black protest against police brutality toward African Americans.  So yes, I did say "black players", because that is who Trump was referring to.
  • Options
    Trump is a fucking racist....you tRumpsters are just going to have to accept that

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

But that is exactly who he was talking about. At the time it started with Kaepernick. Michael Bennett joined in solidarity. Then a number of other black players. Remember, they were protesting police injustice against African Americans. Trump had some sort of apoplexy about this, and started tweet storming. As a reaction we started seeing white players join in solidarity. But this was initially a black protest against police brutality toward African Americans.  So yes, I did say "black players", because that is who Trump was referring to.
    I read "fire the sons of bitches" and thought of the players as people, not color.  Never thought of it as a racist statement at all.

I did feel however when it was said that some players would take it a step further and think Trump was talking about their Mom's and that actually happened too.
  • Options
    Trump is a fucking racist....you tRumpsters are just going to have to accept that
    I'm not a Trumpster, a trumpet a P-tape enthusiast or a flutist. 

I just disagree.