Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    @what dreams Thanks for posting that long write-up on her...for anyone that was interested.

@Spiritual_Chaos So am I a Nazi or Klan member because I don't like Omar? Make up your fucking mind.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited July 2019
    @what dreams Thanks for posting that long write-up on her...for anyone that was interested.

@Spiritual_Chaos So am I a Nazi or Klan member because I don't like Omar? Make up your fucking mind.
    I've not said you are a Klan-member. Do you wish to be?

All I'm saying is, if the people with the "'american citizens' but not really Americans if they choose to have opinions that are critical" views decide on some kristallnacht shenanigans attacking the local record store because the owner, born in Pakistan, dared to tweet out that "America has a racism-problem" or that "the healthcare in the US is wack" - then at least, I hope, those people will save the KISS albums because of their historic importance. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004

You two need to stop.

Discuss AOC and not each other, thanks.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    One common thing between this issue and every other one recently.  That's what should stop.
    hippiemom = goodness
    One common thing between this issue and every other one recently.  That's what should stop.
    I agree.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834

All I'm saying is, if the people with the "'american citizens' but not really Americans if they choose to have opinions that are critical" views decide on some kristallnacht shenanigans attacking the local record store because the owner, born in Pakistan, dared to tweet out that "America has a racism-problem" or that "the healthcare in the US is wack" - then at least, I hope, those people will save the KISS albums because of their historic importance. 
    I said that Omar should know that America isn't racist and you posted a picture of a klan member. This is after you spoke of the smell of 1930's Germany and "final solutions." So immigrants can be critical of America (which of course they can), but I can't be critical of them without being compared to a Nazi or klan member. Whatever. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    AOC made the cover of the paper here again.

They love her here, lol.

Same people that hate her also can't stand Deblasio.

I said that Omar should know that America isn't racist and you posted a picture of a klan member.
    Yes i did. That is not saying, or was meant to say, you are a klan-member. 

And Omar being able to live in America =/= America not being racist

I said that Omar should know that America isn't racist and you posted a picture of a klan member.

Is Sweden racist? 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited July 2019

Is Sweden racist? 
    I think Omar could have a similar experience here, depending on where she would live and grow up.

Is Sweden racist? 
    I think Omar could have a similar experience here, depending on where she would live and grow up.
    Just looking for a yes or no like you are doing with America. So is Sweden racist?
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited July 2019

Is Sweden racist? 
    Just looking for a yes or no like you are doing with America. So is Sweden racist?
    I would say No. We were not founded on the backs of slaves and freely voted in 100%-racist-Trump. Our police officers do also not hunt black people in the streets for sport.

But if a citizens experience of Sweden was that it was racist i would not be all "Go back to where you came from you second grade citizen - see the country like I want you to or you are not swedish enough to be worthy of being here!"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Is Sweden racist? 
    I would say No. We were not founded on the backs of slaves and freely voted in 100%-racist-Trump. 

But if a citizens experience of Sweden was that it was racist i would not be all "Go back to where you came from you second grade citizen - see the country like I want you to or you are not swedish enough to be worthy of being here!"
    America was founded by land theft...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2019

Is Sweden racist? 
    I would say No. We were not founded on the backs of slaves and freely voted in 100%-racist-Trump. 

Every piece of land in history (pretty much) has been, in one way or another? 

But yes, I get what you are saying. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309

Is Sweden racist? 

Yes, Sweden outlawed slavery a full 16 years before the US.  Congrats on your moral leadership for that one.  
    mrussel1 said:

Is Sweden racist? 

Yes, Sweden outlawed slavery a full 16 years before the US.  Congrats on your moral leadership for that one.  
    Yep. Despicable. 
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    For copyright reasons, it's best to pasta an article using the pertinent text and then linking to the rest of it. I know the Post llmits articles but it's still respecting copyright. Thanks all. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
    edited July 2019
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Kat said:
    For copyright reasons, it's best to pasta an article using the pertinent text and then linking to the rest of it. I know the Post llmits articles but it's still respecting copyright. Thanks all. 
    When you "pasta" and article should it be al dente?
    Linguini?
    Tortelini?
    Fusilli?

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Kat said:
    When you "pasta" and article should it be al dente?
    Linguini?
    Tortelini?
    Fusilli?

Depends on whether it was written by penne or not. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Here is a 30 day pass to the Washington Post:  https://wapo.st/30daypass?code=YWL-KRH-GMB-UDO
    I have no idea how it works but they give it to me as part of my subscription, and I'm happy to share.
    Something I've been noticing, and yes people weigh a lot of stock in this, that politicians aren't wearing the flag pins any more.

Republicans notice this and make light of it every chance that they can.

These 4 need to wear a flag pin.
    edited July 2019
    Something I've been noticing, and yes people weigh a lot of stock in this, that politicians aren't wearing the flag pins any more.

What country's flag should they wear - the US or one from the countries Trump believe they come from? :P

(How many other countries politicians wear their nations flag on them? Case in point for another thread.)

What country's flag should they wear - the US or one from the countries Trump believe they come from? :P

(How many other countries politicians wear their nations flag on them? Case in point for another thread.)
    First question was cute.  Second one would be an interesting thread.  Here in the US it holds weight to some people.  Patriotism is pushed on to us quite a bit so the machine is working and people get pissed that a politician isn't showing theirs.

Yeah the flag thing shouldn’t be some sort of baseline. Why do we need someone to wear a pin to show their loyalties? 

I do think some (as seen in many threads here) actually do hate things about America. But that’s not ok, everyone does. Now there are some in the world (and here) that just hate everything about America but they are by far the minority and it does not include anyone that has run for Congress. The people that just continually hate on America are really just the lunatic fringe. Kinda like the ying to trumps yang.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,194

North Korea’, Philippines’, Saudi Arabia’s or Russia’s would all be good choices, me thinks.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

North Korea’, Philippines’, Saudi Arabia’s or Russia’s would all be good choices, me thinks.

I have noticed that people from other countries are really proud of their flags here.  Well in NY at least.

I have noticed that people from other countries are really proud of their flags here.  Well in NY at least.
    This is true. 

And guess what...I was in Germany for about a week and I saw....GERMAN FLAGS!!!!  On houses...on cars...even a pretty damn big one on the back of some ladies bike (with an attached cart).  Drove a bunch.  Frankfort, down the western side, southern area and back up.  German flags were way more noticeable than I was led to believe!
    hippiemom = goodness