Did you vote, yet?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just saw this, any truth to it? I only know about Menendez. 

C'mon Mcgruff! You're better than this. Nice bunch of rips on us MN folk though I see. We were the only state that will probably see a DFL house seat go R, and maybe 2 with one still too close to call.
    (psst...most probably don't know what "DFL" means)

As for the poster:
    • Starting off with the hyperbolic "IQ lower than a salamander" sort of sucks the legitimacy out of that one.  Age-motivated at best.  Ethnicity motivated at worst.
    • I don't know much about Menendez.
    • The other two are Muslims from Minnesota and as far as I can tell they are being accused of being anti-semetic and/or America-hating because they are Muslims.  Nothing but a xenophobic smear. That said, Keith Ellison (right) was just elected secretary of state and was accused of abusing a former girlfriend.
    That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for explaining the two on the right in an educated manner without attempting to throw insults.  I do appreciate it.  (menendez is a pos by the way)
    so is the POTUS you seem to align with on many issues , no matter how anyone spins it the POTUS is the biggest peice of shit in the country !
    Thank you for that educated comment Jose. Like I said, just wondering if the anti-Semitic comments were true. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

C'mon Mcgruff! You're better than this. Nice bunch of rips on us MN folk though I see. We were the only state that will probably see a DFL house seat go R, and maybe 2 with one still too close to call.

As for the poster:
    • Starting off with the hyperbolic "IQ lower than a salamander" sort of sucks the legitimacy out of that one.  Age-motivated at best.  Ethnicity motivated at worst.
    • The other two are Muslims from Minnesota and as far as I can tell they are being accused of being anti-semetic and/or America-hating because they are Muslims.  Nothing but a xenophobic smear. That said, Keith Ellison (right) was just elected secretary of state and was accused of abusing a former girlfriend.
    That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for explaining the two on the right in an educated manner without attempting to throw insults.  I do appreciate it.  (menendez is a pos by the way)
    so is the POTUS you seem to align with on many issues , no matter how anyone spins it the POTUS is the biggest peice of shit in the country !
    Thank you for that educated comment Jose. Like I said, just wondering if the anti-Semitic comments were true. 
    I'm not rying to be educated we have you for that here since you are the teacher , your the one who posts a meme and can't figure out if it's true or not lol tell me do you just put something if front of your students without making sure it's legit 1st ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I didn't want to be a dick, but I seriously question critical thinking skills of people sometimes.  I know you're smarter than posting that meme.  
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

As for the poster:
    I'm not rying to be educated we have you for that here since you are the teacher , your the one who posts a meme and can't figure out if it's true or not lol tell me do you just put something if front of your students without making sure it's legit 1st ? 
    It is after two o'clock, I am not a teacher and this is not my classroom.  However in my eyes by questioning the background of a meme it exemplifies intellectual curiosity.  Students come up to me a lot and ask me about the legitimacy of a political meme; we often analyze each one and try to research the origins of the message.  I actually used meme's when teaching about the Spanish American War since that is pretty much the origin of "fake news."  The majority are complete bull shit; I should have known better than post here since many people can not simply answer a question but I was intrigued by the one I posted.  Again, I don't claim to know every one of the 435 House races that occurred yesterday but I did want to know if their was any truth to the two candidates who were accused of being anti-Semitic.  

I am surprised that after using the same line over hundred times in this forum (an example of an hyperbole) you still can not spell "peice of shit" or use "your" correctly.  (time for someone to know pick up one of my grammar mistakes lol)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

As for the poster:
    It is after two o'clock, I am not a teacher and this is not my classroom.  However in my eyes by questioning the background of a meme it exemplifies intellectual curiosity.  Students come up to me a lot and ask me about the legitimacy of a political meme; we often analyze each one and try to research the origins of the message.  I actually used meme's when teaching about the Spanish American War since that is pretty much the origin of "fake news."  The majority are complete bull shit; I should have known better than post here since many people can not simply answer a question but I was intrigued by the one I posted.  Again, I don't claim to know every one of the 435 House races that occurred yesterday but I did want to know if their was any truth to the two candidates who were accused of being anti-Semitic.  

I am surprised that after using the same line over hundred times in this forum (an example of an hyperbole) you still can not spell "peice of shit" or use "your" correctly.  (time for someone to know pick up one of my grammar mistakes lol)
    No it's ok i'm not here to spell everything correctly , i'll try to get better can you post a meme teaching me how to spell ? thanks remember make sure it's legit !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited November 2018
    I have no urge to rag on you McGruff (and don't like it when people try and rub your career in your face - it's not fair, and nobody should be expected to display what they do for a living here on a message board anyhow). I will say, though, that you might want to stop and think before posting what I saw as a blatantly and obviously islamophic meme in particular. Posting stupid memes and asking questions about them is one thing, but the second I saw a Muslim woman who was just elected to office being called an "anti-semetic America-hater" I knew immediately that it's a much more sinister meme than we should ever be seeing on this forum.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have no urge to rag on you McGruff (and don't like it when people try and rub your career in your face - it's not fair, and nobody should be expected to display what they do for a living here on a message board anyhow). I will say, though, that you might want to stop and think before posting what I saw as a blatantly and obviously islamophic meme in particular. Posting stupid memes and asking questions is one thing, but the second I saw a Muslim woman who was just elected to office being called an "anti-semetic America-hater" I knew immediately that it's a much more sinister meme than we should ever be seeing on this forum.
    Like I said, I was wondering what the origins of the meme was.  It was all over my facebook feed and I had no clue where the candidates came from except for Menendez.  Sinister Allie?  Come on, this is pretty par for the course on these forums lol.  Seems like as usual the meme was complete bs and was answered by onwis97.  

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have no urge to rag on you McGruff (and don't like it when people try and rub your career in your face - it's not fair, and nobody should be expected to display what they do for a living here on a message board anyhow). I will say, though, that you might want to stop and think before posting what I saw as a blatantly and obviously islamophic meme in particular. Posting stupid memes and asking questions is one thing, but the second I saw a Muslim woman who was just elected to office being called an "anti-semetic America-hater" I knew immediately that it's a much more sinister meme than we should ever be seeing on this forum.
    Like I said, I was wondering what the origins of the meme was.  It was all over my facebook feed and I had no clue where the candidates came from except for Menendez.  Sinister Allie?  Come on, this is pretty par for the course on these forums lol.  Seems like as usual the meme was complete bs and was answered by onwis97.  

I can't see the meme at work, but I have no issue with you simply asking about it. I don't get why, especially since you have displayed nothing but class repeatedly in the face of attacks on here, you continue to get such abuse. 

I sincerely applaud your candor. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are racist, xenophobic memes par for the course on these forums? I sincerely haven't noticed that. Only when unsung posts them. Anyway, like I said, I'm not dumping on you about it - just kind of suggesting that you consider not post any more openly xenophobic memes that you think might be accurate, lol, because they never will be. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I think the meme opening with suggesting someone's "IQ was less than a salamander" should be grounds to assume that it is folly and ignore it from the getgo.  That's just me though.  
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

The meme was probably created by a Russian troll farm. Is it sourced? Check the sources of your information and make sure they are legitimate. Facebook isn't doing its job so people have to investigate the origin of things such as that meme. 

Menendez may not be my favorite Senator, but he was acquitted. He should not continue to be tried for crimes he was not found guilty.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the meme opening with suggesting someone's "IQ was less than a salamander" should be grounds to assume that it is folly and ignore it from the getgo.  That's just me though.  
    he already stated he was not asking about that one. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are racist, xenophobic memes par for the course on these forums? I sincerely haven't noticed that. Only when unsung posts them. Anyway, like I said, I'm not dumping on you about it - just kind of suggesting that you not post any more racists memes that you think might be accurate, lol, because they never will be. ;)
    I am not a meme creator Allie,  I asked about one.  We often talk about racism and xenophobia on these forums; what is the difference if their is a meme about a candidate who could possibly be both and it is posted and discussed?  Again, I knew nothing about the candidates since they were from the midwest, I was wondering the origins about them.  Maybe they had some merit, maybe the two candidates said something in a speech that was taken out of context or spun.  I honestly had no clue.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I can't see the meme at work, but I have no issue with you simply asking about it. I don't get why, especially since you have displayed nothing but class repeatedly in the face of attacks on here, you continue to get such abuse. 

I sincerely applaud your candor. 
    Thanks Hugh, that meant a lot.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are racist, xenophobic memes par for the course on these forums? I sincerely haven't noticed that. Only when unsung posts them. Anyway, like I said, I'm not dumping on you about it - just kind of suggesting that you not post any more racists memes that you think might be accurate, lol, because they never will be. ;)
    I am not a meme creator Allie,  I asked about one.  We often talk about racism and xenophobia on these forums; what is the difference if their is a meme about a candidate who could possibly be both and it is posted and discussed?  Again, I knew nothing about the candidates since they were from the midwest, I was wondering the origins about them.  Maybe they had some merit, maybe the two candidates said something in a speech that was taken out of context or spun.  I honestly had no clue.  
    I guess I am just sensitive to the kind of hate propaganda being spread around in general, so don't like seeing it here.
    FYI, there is no "e" at the end of my name! :)
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are racist, xenophobic memes par for the course on these forums? I sincerely haven't noticed that. Only when unsung posts them. Anyway, like I said, I'm not dumping on you about it - just kind of suggesting that you consider not post any more openly xenophobic memes that you think might be accurate, lol, because they never will be. ;)
    Please show me what meme was posted that was racist.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited November 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    That discredits the entire thing though as slanted crap for the landfill of shit that is out there.  I see stuff on social media all the time and a "salamander" can normally figure out what is nonsense in about .002 seconds, and keep scrolling.

I have a group of friends in a private group on facebook, and like 75% of the content is posting this stuff and making fun of the comments that take it seriously. (from both sides, but most of it is from 1 side tbh).
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess I am just sensitive to the kind of hate propaganda being spread around in general, so don't like seeing it here.
    So am I, it gets tiring and it divides our country more and more.  However candidates, especially rookies, tend to say some stupid things so that is where the interest about the meme originated.  I have a four day weekend, time to find a bottle of BC Gris.  Enjoy your night Ally!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Pretty sure the two politicians are muslim... may have something to do with the anti-semetic issue but i have no clue either way, just my guess thats the motivation. 

Did Ellison commit domestic abuse? I have no clue
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

So am I, it gets tiring and it divides our country more and more.  However candidates, especially rookies, tend to say some stupid things so that is where the interest about the meme originated.  I have a four day weekend, time to find a bottle of BC Gris.  Enjoy your night Ally!
    Are you misspelling my name on purpose? :lol: It's just Alli!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    That discredits the entire thing though as slanted crap for the landfill of shit that is out there.  I see stuff on social media all the time and a "salamander" can normally figure out what is nonsense in about .002 seconds, and keep scrolling.

I have a group of friends in a private group on facebook, and like 75% of the content is posting this stuff and making fun of the comments that take it seriously. (from both sides, but most of it is from 1 side tbh).
    With all the anti-immigrant, racist comments out there, I wouldn't be surprised if a few Congressmen said something anti-Semitic.  Yes the salamander comment was purse horse shit.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are you misspelling my name on purpose? :lol: It's just Alli!
    LOL. I saw that and thought "why he is now calling her All-EYE? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have no urge to rag on you McGruff (and don't like it when people try and rub your career in your face - it's not fair, and nobody should be expected to display what they do for a living here on a message board anyhow). I will say, though, that you might want to stop and think before posting what I saw as a blatantly and obviously islamophic meme in particular. Posting stupid memes and asking questions about them is one thing, but the second I saw a Muslim woman who was just elected to office being called an "anti-semetic America-hater" I knew immediately that it's a much more sinister meme than we should ever be seeing on this forum.
    I was lost at "lower IQ than a salamander." To even have to ask.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    And some posters doubt the efficiency and effectiveness of putin on the ritz's expediture of a million dollars a day. Not to switch a vote cast but to influence to prevent a vote from being a cast or influence a vote that was cast as "not Hillary."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
     or influence a vote that was cast as "not Hillary."
    To be fair, she did that on her own lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.
    She was an extremely qualified candidate that got millions more votes than Trump did but, just as with Pelosi, portions of this country detest powerful women. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Okey dokey

I'm a dead blue staunch progressive democratic voter that is dying to support female candidates. I had HRC on the ballot three times when i was in a voting booth, and only voted for her once, when the opponent was Trump. She was about as authentic as cheez-wiz, most progressives and Democrats will tell you the same if they are being honest

I also think there was not much appetite for another family dynasty in 2016, which hurt her as well.

Bottom line, Hillary lost to Donald Trump. That means she sucked, period. Sorry

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Okey dokey

I'm a dead blue staunch progressive democratic voter that is dying to support female candidates. I had HRC on the ballot three times when i was in a voting booth, and only voted for her once, when the opponent was Trump. She was about as authentic as cheez-wiz, most progressives and Democrats will tell you the same if they are being honest

Qualified, I said she was extremely qualified. Authenticity is something that is difficult to translate. A qualified candidate may not be the best campaigner. Does not take away her resume'. But you have to find fault in everything. You claim that you are not, but you predictably have a put down for every post. 

I know that Hillary was qualified and I know that there are people in this country that would never vote for a woman for president and detest powerful women. 

Can you stick to what is said and not turn it into what you want it to be?
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.
    She was an extremely qualified candidate that got millions more votes than Trump did but, just as with Pelosi, portions of this country detest powerful women. 
    I call bullshit. I say she would have gotten less votes if she was a man. The only thing that caused enthusiasm surrounding her campsign was the fact she was a woman, and wasnt THAT guy lol

She didnt lose because of sexism. 

See what i mean. Its always racism, sexism, whateverism. Its bullshit in my opinion. Own the loss

Was it sexism that kept her from going to the purple midwest and rust belt?