Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^same I'm so rooting for s-c
    Wait wait.... love and affection is off.

It's just back to surviving the status quo. Haha.
    Now that you've got the gears turning in her head, it's possible she'll just decide to jump your bones one of these days. ;)
    You haven't seen my hairline I take it.
    You either look like Brad Pitt type or you don't.
    Most of us do not, so there is no need thinking about being the type that does not have to work to get company.
    Most of the deal is being comfortable in your own skin, no matter what it is.
    If the woman finds you appealing in some way, work it.
    If not, work on to the next person you find interesting.

People overthink these things.  (And, yes, easy to say as a married man who has been out of the game for a long time...but I always did well and never looked like Brad Pitt, much to my chagrin.)

^^^This bald, ugly motherfucker has a point.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    No
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Now that you've got the gears turning in her head, it's possible she'll just decide to jump your bones one of these days. ;)
    Most of us do not, so there is no need thinking about being the type that does not have to work to get company.

People overthink these things.  (And, yes, easy to say as a married man who has been out of the game for a long time...but I always did well and never looked like Brad Pitt, much to my chagrin.)

:lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Exhibit A: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/263997/id-f-brett
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    No
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Exhibit A: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/263997/id-f-brett
    Somehow, there was usually a handful of willing participants. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Brad Pitt specifically and pretty boys in general don't do it for me.  What's beneath the shell is the part I want to get with anyway.

Maybe why I find Larry David sexy as hell.

(love the Exhibit!)
  • Options
    Yes
    I'm lost
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Yes
    I'm lost
    Just remember that two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

I'll meet you at the door.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    I'm lost
    Just remember that two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

I'll meet you at the door.
    Deal . I'm outside waiting 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    My experiences with women, looks, laughter, & money is this... Women say they don't care about looks and money as long as the guy can make her laugh.  Well, I'm funny as hell but women just ignore me and run to the rich, good looking guy and laugh at whatever dumb shit he says. 
  • Options
    Yes
    My experiences with women, looks, laughter, & money is this... Women say they don't care about looks and money as long as the guy can make her laugh.  Well, I'm funny as hell but women just ignore me and run to the rich, good looking guy and laugh at whatever dumb shit he says. 
    I was poor, bald, twisted and ugly when I met this rich chick from Connecticut who agreed to a date and then to marry me seven years later. Nearly 20 years later, I'm still in debt for about a quarter-million (and will likely leave that to our kids), still twisted and still ugly. (I did grow out my hair for her, and a beard.)

Anyway, how's that for a good laugh?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    Heeeey, wait a minute, didn't you have a woman tell you she loved you on the first date!?! You're just playing hard to get. There's no pleasing this one, ladies. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it is unfortunate that has been your experience. it just sounds like you've had a run of shallow women. mature sensible women know that isn't sustainable. some do that for a while for fun, knowing they don't want to settle down right away, but in the long run, they choose the right guy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    dankind said:
    I was poor, bald, twisted and ugly when I met this rich chick from Connecticut who agreed to a date and then to marry me seven years later. Nearly 20 years later, I'm still in debt for about a quarter-million (and will likely leave that to our kids), still twisted and still ugly. (I did grow out my hair for her, and a beard.)

Anyway, how's that for a good laugh?
    A damn fine woman, to marry this damn fine man!
  • Options
    No
    There are people like that on all sides...but there are plenty who want to laugh.  F.  Be taken seriously.  Not to be taken seriously.  To be thrilled.  To be comfortable.  On and on.
    All types of people in this world - if you want to find someone you click with I think they are out there to be found. 
    Might not be when/where/how you expect, but I think that there are a lot of people on this planet who wish they found a person to journey with.  (And there, of course, are many who are perfectly content to go alone.)
  • Options
    No
    You guys are being way too reassuring. Dyer, we are both going to be posting in the Dying Alone thread when we're 80. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    a quote from my wife to her friend a few years back:

"why do I put up with his bullshit?"
    answering her own quesiton:
    "because he's fucking hilarious, that's why". 

just don't let them in on the bullshit until you've consistently made them laugh. that's the key. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Yes
    That just means you're focusing on the wrong women.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

https://youtu.be/59Hj7bp38f8
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    There are people like that on all sides...but there are plenty who want to laugh.  F.  Be taken seriously.  Not to be taken seriously.  To be thrilled.  To be comfortable.  On and on.
    All types of people in this world - if you want to find someone you click with I think they are out there to be found. 
    Might not be when/where/how you expect, but I think that there are a lot of people on this planet who wish they found a person to journey with.  (And there, of course, are many who are perfectly content to go alone.)
    Alone is good, too. A good romantic partner will recognize that. 

Now, if only I could get the damn dog to scram. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    Then you need to give rich a try.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:
    All of you are wrong.  All, I say!
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    All of you are wrong.  All, I say!
    Well, wrong was what I was shooting for, so I win.  :tongue: (with lots of raspberry)
  • Options
    No
    dankind said:

That dog isn't moving a paw until its done drinking its bowl of Courvoisier.
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:

She hogged all the heat, chewing on a malodorous buffalo horn the whole time.

No respect.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

She hogged all the heat, chewing on a malodorous buffalo horn the whole time.

No respect.
    No respect, eh? My dog's got your back, she's already taken it to social media....
    "Check out this bitch with her unicorn horn."  ;)
  • Options
    No
    She's just mad because her dollar general toys aren't cutting the mustard.
  • Options
    No
    Sorry, that one got away from me. I should've known I was in over my head when I had to look up how to spell Courvoisier.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    C-O-G-N-A-C

Or the much more pedestrian B-R-A-N-D-Y....

https://youtu.be/DVx8L7a3MuE
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    Cognac it is!
  • Options
    Need to postpone again. Deadline friday for animation. Thought I had an extra week on me. Fuck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"