Options

Beto O'Rourke

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    America is fucking awesome...

We have a guy in Sweden watching a senate race in Texas, and is rooting for a candidate!
    It's because your country is far from "fucking awesome", I'm rooting for you as a country to do something sane for once.

"LETS INVEST IN COAL AND REMOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE FROM THE EPA" <-- sounds sane.
    I admire your interest & knowledge of our political nightmare and appreciate all your contributions to this forum ...thanks 
    I love the Swede too!

Anybody that loves Neil Young is automatically good in my book
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

We have a guy in Sweden watching a senate race in Texas, and is rooting for a candidate!
    It's because your country is far from "fucking awesome", I'm rooting for you as a country to do something sane for once.

"LETS INVEST IN COAL AND REMOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE FROM THE EPA" <-- sounds sane.
    I admire your interest & knowledge of our political nightmare and appreciate all your contributions to this forum ...thanks 
    I love the Swede too!

Anybody that loves Neil Young is automatically good in my book
    Are you sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjPZvxwgEk
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Not a fan of Beto not looking at the dog -- PLAY A LONG FOR GODS SAKE.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    "america is the greatest country in the world, everyone should pay attention to us and love us and thank us for all we do for the world!"

*pays attention*
    "um, sorry, you're not the greatest country in the world"

"it's none of your business! you aren't even from here!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    "america is the greatest country in the world, everyone should pay attention to us and love us and thank us for all we do for the world!"

*pays attention*
    "um, sorry, you're not the greatest country in the world"

"it's none of your business! you aren't even from here!"
    Haha! That couldn't be more accurate you damn Canadian ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    PJPOWER said:

;)
    Someone who voted for a climate-change-denier should feel shame about using smileys like that or about voting for someone like Cruz.
    Hahahaha Get out the vote!!! So long as you vote like me!!

Actively voting for denying climate-change and such is on another level than "vote for what I think you should vote for".

But maybe you have a hard time understanding that.
    He went and voted for 1 of the candidates on the ballot. You can disagree with his vote, but I thought we wanted everyone to vote?

Yes everyone should vote that does so based on an independent examination of the issues that will benefit our community at large and not to vote based on tribal instincts.
    Oh ok, they shoulda vote as long as they vote for the reason you think they should vote. Got it.
    No, you did not.

The point is, tribalism is not freedom 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    my2hands said:

We got broken voting machines in poor neighborhoods for the ozone layer. Keep on rockin'....

Yeah, fucking awesome.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I had a conversation about Cruz with a guy from Ireland living in Canada this morning. He said, "I just hope Ted Cruz loses." I said, "Man, I hate that guy!" He said, "Everyone does!" :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Cruz wins, even by a landslide would not surprise.

Didnt Beto get busted for a DUI ... if so, I have no use for the dude.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Yeah, in 1998, in his mid-20s, and the charges were later dismissed because of his compliance with the law .... If that makes you write off a person for life no matter what they did since that, that's actually pretty pathetic. And yes, I would say that no matter who the person was (since the most important part of that is "no matter what they did since that").
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    people fuck up. somehow politicians to some people are both useless and expected to be perfect all at once. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, in 1998, in his mid-20s, and the charges were later dismissed because of his compliance with the law .... If that makes you write off a person for life no matter what they did since that, that's actually pretty pathetic. And yes, I would say that no matter who the person was (since the most important part of that is "no matter what they did since that").
    Yeah, really.
    You going to sit there and pretend you've never driven under the influence?  I won't buy it. 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    It’s not pathetic...in today’s world if you drive drunk you are a loser.  This is the 50s, 60s or 70s ... people who get behind the wheel boozed up are a menace to society.  I happen to feel 1 conviction should be a 5 year driving ban, permanent Loss of your commercial licence, if you have.  Permanent driving ban on a second convictions.  Of course he got off on a technicality, money and influence often runs us courts.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It’s not pathetic...in today’s world if you drive drunk you are a loser.  This is the 50s, 60s or 70s ... people who get behind the wheel boozed up are a menace to society.  I happen to feel 1 conviction should be a 5 year driving ban, permanent Loss of your commercial licence, if you have.  Permanent driving ban on a second convictions.  Of course he got off on a technicality, money and influence often runs us courts.
    yeah, sure you've never gotten behind the wheel after smoking a dube. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    He didn't get off on a technicality, and show me any evidence at all that money and influence came into play. I feel like you're just making things up again.
    Also, he didn't do it in today's world. I am about his age, so remember very well what the culture was like in 1998, and practically fucking everyone with a car was still drinking and driving regularly at that point in time. Times have most certainly changed since then... and he changed right along with them. He's been utterly repentant about that, and has never shied away from owning what he did. You're just clinging onto it because it's him specifically and, well, you're Meldown99, lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    technicallity? the charges were dismissed after he completed a court-mandated DWI program, a year after he was arrested. how do you go from a legit court ruling to a technicality, money and influence? LOL
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2018
    technicallity? the charges were dismissed after he completed a court-mandated DWI program, a year after he was arrested. how do you go from a legit court ruling to a technicality, money and influence? LOL
    By just building facts out of uninformed assumptions. He does it all the time. It's how he forms most of his opinions, lol.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    @Meltdown99 spouting a bunch of nonsense. 

I’m in Dallas. Happily voted for Beto last week!  
  • Options
    CBS projecting Cruz.
    Disgusting. 🤮
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Not good for POTUS hopes if you get beat by the booger eater. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Texas... what can I say?  Sure glad I don't live there (although Austin is cool).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Texas... what can I say?  Sure glad I don't live there (although Austin is cool).
    I wouldn't choose a place to live based on politics.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Arizona Republican mostly ... I know if I was ever to become a snowbird (slang for Canadians who spend their winters south), Arizona is number 1 on my list.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    edited November 2018
    brianlux said:
    I wouldn't choose a place to live based on politics.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Arizona Republican mostly ... I know if I was ever to become a snowbird (slang for Canadians who spend their winters south), Arizona is number 1 on my list.
    Ah yes, Arizona.  Home of one of my literary heroes, Edward Abbey.  But then there is...  Unsustainable Phoenix, shithole of the great Southwest.  And the abominable Glen Canyon Damn.  One of the biggest tragedies ever bestowed up the land out of greed and corruption.

But I will concede to that state having some marvelously beautiful deserts.  Personally though, I would never ever want to live there.

And then there is Ruined California.

Shall I continue?  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Too bad.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Arizona, Florida and Texas seceding would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Arizona, Florida and Texas seceding would be fantastic.
    Mexico can have them. For a wall.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    People thought air drumming was going to win a senate seat in Texas? Lol
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    But his loss is good because now he can run for President!!!

:loony
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    my2hands said:
    They rather vote for a man that didn’t stand up for his wife or his fathers honor a total coward and bugger eater at that ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....