Options

Beto O'Rourke

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    PJPOWER said:

;)
    Someone who voted for a climate-change-denier should feel shame about using smileys like that or about voting for someone like Cruz.
    Hahahaha Get out the vote!!! So long as you vote like me!!

Actively voting for denying climate-change and such is on another level than "vote for what I think you should vote for".

But maybe you have a hard time understanding that.
    He went and voted for 1 of the candidates on the ballot. You can disagree with his vote, but I thought we wanted everyone to vote?

Yes everyone should vote that does so based on an independent examination of the issues that will benefit our community at large and not to vote based on tribal instincts.
    Oh ok, they shoulda vote as long as they vote for the reason you think they should vote. Got it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    PJPOWER said:
    Yep, he is also way less pathetic than any 30 year old snowflakes living with their parents. Confirmed 

Again as if you know anything about why a 30 yr old might live with their parents ..
    1-maybe the individual is helping out financially or maybe there’s a sick parent that needs help 
    2-maybe the individual had a streak of bad luck needs to recoup before trying to give it a go again ..
    3-maybe the individual suffers from some physiological issues..
    I’ll give you this one ..
    4-the individual is a bum
    5- maybe they live in a culture where that is routine and which doesn’t feel the need for the constant excess of getting a bigger and bigger house, truck, wardrobe and debt load? 

Oh please. Living with your parents means you are against bigger, bigger bigger? No it means you like your parents big house and not the apartment you can afford.

speaking only to your #5, not the others which are pretty reasonable.
    Seriously? You don’t think that some cultures reject the American pressure to have more and more, and to move away from family? I think you are quite mistaken there. 

Maybe tone down the condescension about the way others might live. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Yep, he is also way less pathetic than any 30 year old snowflakes living with their parents. Confirmed 

Again as if you know anything about why a 30 yr old might live with their parents ..
    1-maybe the individual is helping out financially or maybe there’s a sick parent that needs help 
    2-maybe the individual had a streak of bad luck needs to recoup before trying to give it a go again ..
    5- maybe they live in a culture where that is routine and which doesn’t feel the need for the constant excess of getting a bigger and bigger house, truck, wardrobe and debt load? 

Oh please. Living with your parents means you are against bigger, bigger bigger? No it means you like your parents big house and not the apartment you can afford.

And, again, no one said this applies to all. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Seriously? You don’t think that some cultures reject the American pressure to have more and more, and to move away from family? I think you are quite mistaken there. 

No, lots of different cultures. But you are the one using the rhetoric. The bigger bigger bigger as if all the US is like that. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Condenscension? Please your post reeked of it and when pointed out you try to pass the buck. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Condenscension? Please your post reeked of it and when pointed out you try to pass the buck. 

My post was this:

No condescension to anyone, just fact. Explain where the condescension is in there. 

And you replied with:

Oh please. Living with your parents means you are against bigger, bigger bigger? No it means you like your parents big house and not the apartment you can afford

Plenty of condescension. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:

No, lots of different cultures. But you are the one using the rhetoric. The bigger bigger bigger as if all the US is like that. 

Where did I say anything about the US, let alone to imply that the whole US is like that?? You're really reaching here to find something to complain about. 

It was a genuine comment and addition to josevolution's list. I know plenty of people who live in that situation, by choice. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:

Maybe he shouldn’t dish it out if he cannot take it.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    And here I thought he moved to California and not Texas. 

Right, lol
  • Options
    Where’s the thread police condemning the use of the term “snowflake?” Hypocrisy school?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

My post was this:

No condescension to anyone, just fact. Explain where the condescension is in there. 

And you replied with:

Oh please. Living with your parents means you are against bigger, bigger bigger? No it means you like your parents big house and not the apartment you can afford

Plenty of condescension. 
    Ok. Whatever. I’m going to do my best just not to engage with you anymore. We clearly do not understand each other.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Where’s the thread police condemning the use of the term “snowflake?” Hypocrisy school?
    Triggered?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Triggered?
    Ugh. Hate snowflake and triggered. Such a waste of time. Not sure why snowflake isn’t seen for whatbit is a lame ass personal attack. And triggered doesn’t add to the conversation at all.  Both designed to simply keep people from discussion and potentially finding a middle ground. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Triggered?
    Ugh. Hate snowflake and triggered. Such a waste of time. Not sure why snowflake isn’t seen for whatbit is a lame ass personal attack. And triggered doesn’t add to the conversation at all.  Both designed to simply keep people from discussion and potentially finding a middle ground. 
    Those efforts were exhausted a long time ago around here (AMT) ;). This is only a “one up you” zone these days.  I figured you would have noticed this.  I really do not take any conversations around here too seriously anymore.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Im pretty sure it was McGruff who lived at his parents house for some time after his divorce. If I remember his life story correctly. And I don't think it is cool for you shitting on him -- and it's pretty dumb not being able to read who's comments you're responding to. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Im pretty sure it was McGruff who lived at his parents house for some time after his divorce. If I remember his life story correctly. And I don't think it is cool for you shitting on him -- and it's pretty dumb not being able to read who's comments you're responding to. 
    Lol, whatever dude.  LeBron is still cooler than you.  McGruff is cooler than you too.
    Confirmed 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,093
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Lol, whatever dude.  LeBron is still cooler than you.  McGruff is cooler than you too.
    Confirmed 
    True. None of us three voted for Ted Cruz though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

How the heck did my name get involved on this thread ? Lol. And yes I did move in with my parents for a time while going through my divorce. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Ok I’m just making a general point.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

How the heck did my name get involved on this thread ? Lol. And yes I did move in with my parents for a time while going through my divorce. 
    You proved point #2 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Ask pjpower what that means. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER conflicted you with me, and consider you to be a pathetic snowflake I think.
  • Options
    @PJPOWER I expect an apology and lots of good Texas bbq being mailed to my house. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJPOWER I expect an apology and lots of good Texas bbq being mailed to my house. 
    Your parents house? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Your parents house? ;)
    I wish!  I d be saving sooooooo much money. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ha, I obviously was not talking about you, but I will definitely grill up a steak for you if PJ ever plays in my neck of the woods.  I’ll grill one up for Spiritual as well (we can split it and have seconds since he doesn’t eat meat).  
    Maybe we can talk about a mutual Swedish moose hunting trip as well!  I’ve never had a moose steak, but I bet they are tasty!  I bet Spiritual’s parents have a grill we could borrow...or maybe even rent free accommodations!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ha, I obviously was not talking about you, but I will definitely grill up a steak for you if PJ ever plays in my neck of the woods.  I’ll grill one up for Spiritual as well (we can split it and have seconds since he doesn’t eat meat).  
    Maybe we can talk about a mutual Swedish moose hunting trip as well!  I’ve never had a moose steak, but I bet they are tasty!  I bet Spiritual’s parents have a grill we could borrow...or maybe even rent free accommodations!
    I want some steak packed in dry ice and sent to my house!! I am down for a Swedish moose hunt anytime. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I want some steak packed in dry ice and sent to my house!! I am down for a Swedish moose hunt anytime. 
    COME BE MY WINGMAN
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Triggered?
    Those efforts were exhausted a long time ago around here (AMT) ;). This is only a “one up you” zone these days.  I figured you would have noticed this.  I really do not take any conversations around here too seriously anymore.
    Why do you keep participating then? I don't understand the motivation of those who keep complaining about how much it sucks here. I bet it would suck a lot less if those who hate the place and spend most of their time whining about the forum stopped coming around.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Triggered?
    Why do you keep participating then? I don't understand the motivation of those who keep complaining about how much it sucks here. I bet it would suck a lot less if those who hate the place and spend most of their time whining about the forum stopped coming around.
    I never said it wasn’t still entertaining ;)