Saudi Arabia...

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    So you're trying to prove a nationwide conspiracy to systematically target blacks for demise by sharing an article about white teenagers being FOUND GUILTY of a hate crime by a BLACK JUDGE who sentenced them? Lol, not the best sell job

Where did I say racism doesnt exist? 

I'm talking about BLM continued use of language that clearly states blacks are being "systematically targeted for demise"... which is total bullshit

I dont need lectures about the black experience in America and racism, I'm actually pretty well versed in that and am by no means naive...  and I certainly dont need them from a white guy lol

I currently live in a city with a majority black population of about 60% and a white population of about 30%....  28% of the population lives under the poverty line, with 45% of people under 18 living below the poverty line. And I've dedicated my career to helping under- privileged at-risk youth in my community, so I've been on the front lines for a while and will continue to do so. So yeah, i dont really need many links to "educate" me lol. Where do you live?
    Where does where I live, or whereyou live, matter? Good for you trying to help people. But you don’t think the ongoing, systemic, Day to Day shit that happens to people and communities of color are part and parcel of an institutionalized and inherent racism baked into our DNA (figure of speech) and that’s why shit like throwing away ballots and ordering old black folks on their way to the polls off the bus, or being shot and killed by the police at disproportionate numbers happens? Hey but you know, 9/11 was an inside job. There are literally thousands of examples through all facets of American life, in government and business, many of which continue to this day. Yup, no “conspiracy” here. Further, do you believe, “fearing elimination of the white race,” is a conspiracy?

Question 1 - real world perspective, as opposed to lectures and links

Question 2 - "systemic, institutionalized, inherent, baked in our DNA racism"....... tough sell in the 21st century when we had a black POTUS named Barack Hussein Obama win two terms with large victories and currently has a large approval rating... a few black SOS's, a black AG, minorities on the SCOTUS... 

9/11 has nothing to do with this, I never said i knew anything, quite the opposite actually as I gave questions, and you and others are the ones claiming  with confidence to "know" what happened while talking down/name calling to anyone that questions the official narrative like a bunch of elitist know-it-all pricks

I had a black girl at work to lecture me about systemic racism and how it held her back and helped me... meanwhile she has a masters degree and worked in management for a government agency... LOL fucking clueless.... not to mention she didnt know shit about me or what struggles I may have had, just keep on assuming honey lol

Does racism exist in the world? Absolutely. Does that mean blacks are being systematically targeted for demise in a large nationwide conspiracy? No. If so, considering the amount of black on black crime, it would seem quite a few black people may be in on it. 

You make mountains out of mole hills brother
  • my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    So you're trying to prove a nationwide conspiracy to systematically target blacks for demise by sharing an article about white teenagers being FOUND GUILTY of a hate crime by a BLACK JUDGE who sentenced them? Lol, not the best sell job

I'm talking about BLM continued use of language that clearly states blacks are being "systematically targeted for demise"... which is total bullshit

I dont need lectures about the black experience in America and racism, I'm actually pretty well versed in that and am by no means naive...  and I certainly dont need them from a white guy lol

I currently live in a city with a majority black population of about 60% and a white population of about 30%....  28% of the population lives under the poverty line, with 45% of people under 18 living below the poverty line. And I've dedicated my career to helping under- privileged at-risk youth in my community, so I've been on the front lines for a while and will continue to do so. So yeah, i dont really need many links to "educate" me lol. Where do you live?
    Where does where I live, or whereyou live, matter? Good for you trying to help people. But you don’t think the ongoing, systemic, Day to Day shit that happens to people and communities of color are part and parcel of an institutionalized and inherent racism baked into our DNA (figure of speech) and that’s why shit like throwing away ballots and ordering old black folks on their way to the polls off the bus, or being shot and killed by the police at disproportionate numbers happens? Hey but you know, 9/11 was an inside job. There are literally thousands of examples through all facets of American life, in government and business, many of which continue to this day. Yup, no “conspiracy” here. Further, do you believe, “fearing elimination of the white race,” is a conspiracy?

Question 2 - "systemic, institutionalized, inherent, baked in our DNA racism"....... tough sell in the 21st century when we had a black POTUS named Barack Hussein Obama win two terms with large victories and currently has a large approval rating... a few black SOS's, a black AG, minorities on the SCOTUS... 

9/11 has nothing to do with this, I never said i knew anything, quite the opposite actually as I gave questions, and you and others are the ones claiming  with confidence to "know" what happened while talking down/name calling to anyone that questions the official narrative like a bunch of elitist know-it-all pricks

I had a black girl at work to lecture me about systemic racism and how it held her back and helped me... meanwhile she has a masters degree and worked in management for a government agency... LOL fucking clueless.... not to mention she didnt know shit about me or what struggles I may have had, just keep on assuming honey lol

Does racism exist in the world? Absolutely. Does that mean blacks are being systematically targeted for demise in a large nationwide conspiracy? No. If so, considering the amount of black on black crime, it would seem quite a few black people may be in on it. 

Your “real world” is not the whole world. One black POTUS does not erase 400 years of shit, shit that continues today. Would love for you to wake up black and live in the shoes of it for a month or two. “Elitist, know it all pricks?” “Honey?” Fuck your condescension, “brother.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well, that's quite a load of horseshit for you to drop on this beautiful Sunday morning.

It's clear that you don't understand data and data analysis, from your posts, which is unfortunate, because it's taken you down a shaky road, believing all sorts of crap - "real world perspective", as you say.

Regarding "black on black crime" - come on, did you really swallow this idea without questioning it? Yes, the victims of crimes perpetrated by blacks are generally black, and with violent crimes, it's around 80%. Guess what? With whites, the percentage of victims of crimes perpetrated by whites that are white is almost exactly the same! And the same for Hispanic victims and perpetrators, too. That's because for most crime, and particularly violent crime, proximity and opportunity are the key factors. Guess what? Black people tend to have other black people in their families, and to hang out with black friends. Shocker. I don't hear massive complaints about "white on white crime", yet the stats are basically the same. 

And as for your story about a black woman with a Master's degree - I mean, how dare she get a Master's degree while being black! That's an example of an anecdote - it's not data. So you've struggled? No shit. Everyone struggles, unless your parents are both really wealthy and decent people. That's life. If you are unaware of or choose to ignore the massive amount of data that demonstrates that the struggles of a black person in the USA are quantitatively and qualitatively different than those of a white person, then you are the clueless one. Maybe next time you should listen when someone talks about systemic racism instead of calling her honey. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Just giving a couple of examples of this systemic racism that you say doesn't exist - you're not aware that black men, on average, get prison sentences 20% longer than white men do for the same crime, even after controlling for all other relevant factors like criminal history, elements of the offence, citizenship, etc? And this is after taking into account that, for the same incident, black arrestees are 75% more likely to be charged with the more serious charge option than whites, where a range of charging options exist?
  • Facts are of no relevance.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yeah, because I dont know the facts, but you do? You rank of elitism, brother

And thanks for the data, from Canada. I'm more than familiar with it. 

When unsung provides the data that blacks commit a largely disproportionate amount of crime its crickets, or blame whitey lol

You guys make mountains out of molehills... are judgemental...  assuming... elitist... condescending... and preachy... im not your enemy, so back off... trust me, I'm speaking for more than myself on that one

But I still like you, just thought I would keep it real for a second. Have a nice day
    my2hands said:

When unsung provides the data that blacks commit a largely disproportionate amount of crime its crickets, or blame whitey lol

You guys make mountains out of molehills... are judgemental...  assuming... elitist... condescending... and preachy... im not your enemy, so back off... trust me, I'm speaking for more than myself on that one

But I still like you, just thought I would keep it real for a second. Have a nice day

I haven't seen unsung provide any data, unless you count memes. I won't hold my breath on getting any data from that source. I'm also not seeing you present any data that upholds your position. 

And my research skills work just fine from Canada. Not sure why that's relevant. 

Have a nice day yourself. 
  • my2hands said:

Facts are available for those that choose to seek them out. If you don’t and prefer your “real world,” that’s on you. It doesn’t make me elitist, it makes me informed.

unsung never provides facts. Thanks for the laugh. Good to see that you still have a sense of humor.

”Mountains out of molehills.” I happen to believe that racism, systemic racism is a bigger problem than whether EW lied about her NA Heritage. But yea, mountains out of molehills.

Thanks for keeping it “real.”

Brilliantati©
    The guy who calls a black woman who disagrees with him “honey”  calls others elitist :lol:  
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Here is another fact, for every white man that rapes a black woman 30 black men rape white women.  30 to 1.

I guess those white guys must just be racist.
  • unsung said:
    Here is another fact, for every white man that rapes a black woman 30 black men rape white women.  30 to 1.

Care to link to your source or shall we just take your word for it as a “fact?” 

Brilliantati©
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:

Care to link to your source or shall we just take your word for it as a “fact?” 
    It was in Department of Justice, Criminal Victimization in the United States.  There is a .pdf out there you can read.  I don’t have the direct link as I am on mobile now.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2018
    Posting numbers that are so prone to be divisive is unfortunately what is driving this country apart. Other countries, esp. Russia, have seen the hot button topics and have jumped on them with bots and fake social media accounts that create memes and posts to create more polarization in America and they have gotten their monies worth. 

White supremacists have been skewing false crime studies forever. It simply is not true. Most crimes are committed between people who know each other, and that means that it is largely of the same race. 

Here is an article with some statistics: 

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/10/23/white-supremacists-favorite-myths-about-black-crime-rates-take-another-hit-bjs-study

I really would like to know from where the 30 to 1 statistic originated. Seriously. But I know that my question will not be answered. 

edited for grammar and misspelling. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
    unsung said:

A guy who commits a rape may be many things. But most importantly they are disgusting criminals & cowards. Rape is a violent crime that has nothing to do with sex, simply power. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459

Haven't read the thread but find it very interesting that the death of one journalist is creating this much hysteria.  Millions die each year in war torn countries with genocidal leaders and civil wars.  Saudi Arabia does what this journalist wrote about and it didn't phase us.  His death is trivial compared to all of the things Saudi Arabia royals do.  His death ultimately may shine a bright light on it but lights fade quickly as we all head back to the bar to taste the next craft brew that supposedly is different than the others.

njnancy said:
    Posting numbers that are so prone to be Idivisive is unfortunately what is driving this country apart. Other countries, esp. Russia, have seen the hot button topics and have jumped on them with bots and fake social media accounts that create memes and posts to create more polarization in America and they have gotten their monies worth. 

White supremacists have been skewing false crime studies forever. It simply is not true. Most crimes are committed between people who know each other, and that means that it is largely of the same race. 

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/10/23/white-supremacists-favorite-myths-about-black-crime-rates-take-another-hit-bjs-study

I really would like to know from where the 30 to 1 statistic originated. Seriously. But I know that my question will not be answered. 

Well you were given the data, and splc, really?  What's next snopes and fox news?
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:

A guy who commits a rape may be many things. But most importantly they are disgusting criminals & cowards. Rape is a violent crime that has nothing to do with sex, simply power. 
    It just happens at a 30:1 rate when given the circumstances that I presented.  But white supremacy.
    I'm starting to believe that the NPC memes are true.
    edited October 2018
    Sorry that the facts don't fit your data - here is the pdf - please show me from where your numbers come. I'm watching football and skimmed through and didn't see anything close to what you posted. If what you say is true then I will fully recognize it. 

Take your time, I'll wait.

edited October 2018

Haven't read the thread but find it very interesting that the death of one journalist is creating this much hysteria.  Millions die each year in war torn countries with genocidal leaders and civil wars.  Saudi Arabia does what this journalist wrote about and it didn't phase us.  His death is trivial compared to all of the things Saudi Arabia royals do.  His death ultimately may shine a bright light on it but lights fade quickly as we all head back to the bar to taste the next craft brew that supposedly is different than the others.

I believe the outrage was due to the hostile stance that the President has taken against the press in the United States and his lackluster response to the extremely violent death of a resident of the United States who was a journalist. And it not being committed in SA (not that that makes it okay) but being committed in a NATO country who were giving out the gruesome details.  And there are also the close ties between SA and the Trumps and Kushners. So it was kind of a  perfect storm. 
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:

It just happens at a 30:1 rate when given the circumstances that I presented.  But white supremacy.
    Yeah, white supremacy - ain't seeing any of that going on in the world currently. Sheesh, what are the snowflakes talking about?
    Sheesh is right.  Nobody has said it doesn't exist but it certainly is not to blame for the woes of the world.
    unsung said:
    Sheesh is right.  Nobody has said it doesn't exist but it certainly is not to blame for the woes of the world.
    I guess that depends on what your sexuality, ethnicity and religion are. Other than that - white supremacy is a harmless blip.

I'm still waiting for you to school me on the 30 to 1 comment.

The information has already been given.  
    But it is hard to take someone seriously when they challenge me to “school” them.  Are you 14?
    I know how to show statistics and back up my claims. We are all free to have different opinions but to just throw out ridiculous stats is irresponsible. 

unsung said:
    Nope
    .unsung said:
    But it is hard to take someone seriously when they challenge me to “school” them.  Are you 14?
    You into little girls?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    my2hands said:

Preach!!!  Love it and agree. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    njnancy said:
    I know how to show statistics and back up my claims. We are all free to have different opinions but to just throw out ridiculous stats is irresponsible. 

unsung said:
    Nope
    .unsung said:
    You into little girls?
    Disgusting.
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:

unsung said:
    Nope
    .unsung said:
    You into little girls?
    Disgusting.
    Bored
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    Posting numbers that are so prone to be Idivisive is unfortunately what is driving this country apart. Other countries, esp. Russia, have seen the hot button topics and have jumped on them with bots and fake social media accounts that create memes and posts to create more polarization in America and they have gotten their monies worth. 

Well you were given the data, and splc, really?  What's next snopes and fox news?

Debunked years ago. Here's an article in Business Insider. For those who don't want to read the article, those "stats" aren't stats, they are population extrapolation from very small samples sizes, often less than 10 women, and the notations in the table state that they can't be used in the manner that you are using them.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stupid-racist-meme-rape-black-men-2016-10