Saudi Arabia...

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Saudi Arabia selling Canadian assets amid escalating tensions: report

https://globalnews.ca/news/4376047/saudi-arabia-canadian-assets-report/?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook

What a fucking joke this is ... Saudi Arabia one of the biggest POS countries out there and our government is allowing these ass backwards people to bitch slap us ... FUCK Saudi Arabia.  

I will point out 3 of our allies that are most disappointing to me in this dispute ... the US (should be no surprises the us is on Saudi's side, they are a useful dictator to the US, most disappointed in Australia and the UK ... Time for Canada to leave the commonwealth and really re-think NATO...

It's time for the PM to have some backbone and immediately retaliate.  Cancel the armour vehicle contract and just vehicles for ourselves, kick every Saudi diplomat out, cancel ll Saudi student/work visa's and order them out off the country and most importantly time to stop buying Saudi oil...
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• I thought the tweet of the Air Canada jet heading towards the CN Tower was a tad over the top. But hey! Those terrorists on 911 didn't come from there. RIGHT!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited August 2018
    I agree. Saudi Arabia is having a temper tantrum. I'm 100% behind the statements from Canada, and I think Canada should keep making them. It's about time. I just hope some of Canada's allies stand up and say it too. I don't give a crap if the US doesn't. I wouldn't expect that from a Trump administration at all, and would probably scoff if they tried it at this point.
    I think the entire Western World should cut Saudi Arabia off as much as possible until they decide to bring their human rights laws into this century... or even into the last century would be a huge improvement. I am actually happy they may be selling off all their Canadian assets. Screw 'em. I hope Canada stands strong on this one... I'm not sure it will, but I hope so.
    The only ones I feel bad for the Saudi Arabian students who are being hurt by their own country's ridiculous hissy fit.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2018
    BTW Meltdown, why would you want Canada to leave the Commonwealth?? It is very advantageous for us as Canadian citizens to be a part of the Commonwealth. Obviously Canada is doing no such thing anyhow - I'm just curious as to why you would want that even though it would not serve Canadians well to do so.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,411
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree. Saudi Arabia is having a temper tantrum. I'm 100% behind the statements from Canada, and I think Canada should keep making them. It's about time. I just hope some of Canada's allies stand up and say it too. I don't give a crap if the US doesn't. I wouldn't expect that from a Trump administration at all, and would probably scoff if they tried it at this point.
    I think the entire Western World should cut Saudi Arabia off as much as possible until they decide to bring their human rights laws into this century... or even into the last century would be a huge improvement. I am actually happy they may be selling off all their Canadian assets. Screw 'em. I hope Canada stands strong on this one... I'm not sure it will, but I hope so.
    The only ones I feel bad for the Saudi Arabian students who are being hurt by their own country's ridiculous hissy fit.
    But who then will confront Iran on behalf of Israel? And take on that threat to western civilization, that scrounge Yemen?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    Saudi Arabia selling Canadian assets amid escalating tensions: report

https://globalnews.ca/news/4376047/saudi-arabia-canadian-assets-report/?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook

What a fucking joke this is ... Saudi Arabia one of the biggest POS countries out there and our government is allowing these ass backwards people to bitch slap us ... FUCK Saudi Arabia.  

I will point out 3 of our allies that are most disappointing to me in this dispute ... the US (should be no surprises the us is on Saudi's side, they are a useful dictator to the US, most disappointed in Australia and the UK ... Time for Canada to leave the commonwealth and really re-think NATO...

It's time for the PM to have some backbone and immediately retaliate.  Cancel the armour vehicle contract and just vehicles for ourselves, kick every Saudi diplomat out, cancel ll Saudi student/work visa's and order them out off the country and most importantly time to stop buying Saudi oil...
    I'm all for abandoning trade deals with countries who won't treat humans like humans - I agree with Fuck Saudi Arabia.

On next steps, the fact that Canada is seeking mediation through other countries first seems like the right choice. The alternatives would be backtracking the condemnation issued by Canada, or boycotting trade and diplomatic relations - the former being cowardly, and the latter being ineffective but negatively impactful to Canadians. 

Curious to see where this goes, but I hope the cowardly route isn't pursued.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Having lived in Saudi Arabia for 3 years (though I was very young), I found that most people are just trying to live their lives as best as they can with their own religious belief's teachings. Not really that different from most other people, in other countries. All religions have issues that could benefit from progressive adaptation.

From actual experience, I would not call it a POS country. It's not.
    POS political system? Maybe. When we start talking politics, every damn country has their faults. There is too much corruption in politics that is allowed to exist. Right now the US sucks, but I don't think that is a reflection of all US citizens.

I guess the thing that I am wanting to say is, don't hold an entire country responsible for the actions of the misguided in power.
    I would also say that you don't need to take bullshit from those in power, even if you can empathize with the people they represent.

edited August 2018
    Having lived in Saudi Arabia for 3 years (though I was very young), I found that most people are just trying to live their lives as best as they can with their own religious belief's teachings. Not really that different from most other people, in other countries. All religions have issues that could benefit from progressive adaptation.

POS political system? Maybe. When we start talking politics, every damn country has their faults. There is too much corruption in politics that is allowed to exist. Right now the US sucks, but I don't think that is a reflection of all US citizens.

I guess the thing that I am wanting to say is, don't hold an entire country responsible for the actions of the misguided in power.
    I would also say that you don't need to take bullshit from those in power, even if you can empathize with the people they represent.

I took it for granted that what's meant is that it's a piece of shit government/political system, yes. I don't think anyone here would mean to suggest that every person in SA is a piece of shit... However, it's hard to give a lot of praise to a nation with laws against women like the ones SA has. THAT is most definitely SHIT, and a whole lot of people there are guilty in such crimes against humanity, and not only those within the government. I see no point in denying the truth in that. The only thing that will help the problem and lead to change is to fully acknowledge the causes, and that includes those that exist within communities, and within households. I agree every country has their faults, but some countries have way more and much worse faults than others. That's just a fact.
    I think it probably didn't even really occur to most to blame any of this particular stupidity on the regular citizens of Saudi Arabia though. They obviously have no control over any of this insane temper tantrum. I think Canadians are generally pretty good at separating politics and individual people minding their own business. That why we don't all hate every American's guts right now. ;)
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Having lived in Saudi Arabia for 3 years (though I was very young), I found that most people are just trying to live their lives as best as they can with their own religious belief's teachings. Not really that different from most other people, in other countries. All religions have issues that could benefit from progressive adaptation.

I took it for granted that what's meant is that it's a piece of shit government/political system, yes. I don't think anyone here would mean to suggest that every person in SA is a piece of shit... However, it's hard to give a lot of praise to a nation with laws against women like the ones SA has. THAT is most definitely SHIT, and a whole lot of people there are guilty in such crimes against humanity, and not only those within the government. I see no point in denying the truth in that. The only thing that will help the problem and lead to change is to fully acknowledge the causes, and that includes those that exist within communities, and within households. I agree every country has their faults, but some countries have way more and much worse faults than others. That's just a fact.
    I think it probably didn't even really occur to most to blame any of this particular stupidity on the regular citizens of Saudi Arabia though. They obviously have no control over any of this insane temper tantrum. I think Canadians are generally pretty good at separating politics and individual people minding their own business. That why we don't all hate every American's guts right now. ;)
    I have seen many people that have a real anger/fear of Muslim people and in turn Muslim nations. Maybe it's just an American thing. God, I hope that it is.

I am glad that you are the type of person that does not feel this way and simply assumes that others wouldn't as well. <3<3<3

I can say that it's difficult for me not to hate some Americans, I struggle with that on a daily basis. I have family that are genuinely afraid/angry at Muslim people as a whole. My heart aches because this. I have tried to reach them but can not.

(I am sorry if I came off as agressive.)

edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

I have seen many people that have a real anger/fear of Muslim people and in turn Muslim nations. Maybe it's just an American thing. God, I hope that it is.

I am glad that you are the type of person that does not feel this way and simply assumes that others wouldn't as well. <3<3<3

I can say that it's difficult for me not to hate some Americans, I struggle with that on a daily basis. I have family that are genuinely afraid/angry at Muslim people as a whole. My heart aches because this. I have tried to reach them but can not.

(I am sorry if I came off as agressive.)

I'm definitely only speaking from a Canadian perspective. I don't feel like Canadians react to these things the same way that Americans do at all, generally. There are always a few bad apples, but no, we're pretty good about that kind of thing up here for the most part. I think even those who are Islamophobic here aren't terribly likely to take this particular issue in that direction .... Even those people generally seem able to separate a weirdo government having an incredibly bizarre tantrum at Canada and whatever issues they may have with Muslim people. The conversation in Canada is really just about what our government said and what the Saudi government is saying and why - it's purely political and financial. That's about the size of it. I know there is some concern about regular Saudi nationals who are in Canada, and how this could fuck up their lives though. I work at a university, and there is definitely plenty of concern about Saudi students studying in Canada. None of us want to see their university careers disrupted or ruined because their government is freaking out.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I've never been a prouder Canadian, than I am now ... knowing our PM will not apologize.  We should be proud to stand for human rights, even though our wimpy allies abandoned us...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,552

Well said, dionnesimone!  I find this to be so true as well.  When we criticize a country, it is probably better to be more specific about what aspect of that country we think is a POS.  There are things about most countries that suck, but there are good things as well.  We would do best to look at our own home and do what we can to improve our own system, reduce our own shortcomings.   I firmly believe there are good people everywhere.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

If it wasn't for oil no one would give a shit about that POS country ... Canada needs to kick every last Saudi diplomat out ... them fuckers can go to hell...we don't need their oil...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I remember reading about the problem they were having in London. Rich people from Saudi was parking their luxury golden sport cars anywhere they felt like it, showing arrogance.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Dozens dead after school bus carrying children hit by airstrike
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/middleeast/yemen-bus-intl/index.html
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Saudi Arabia 'justified' in cutting ties with Canada, says head of pro-Saudi group

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/saudi-arabia-justified-in-cutting-ties-with-canada-says-head-of-pro-saudi-group-1.4777535

Another Saudi asshole ... every fucking Saudi that agrees with their government should be banned from Canada ...

Give Peas A Chance…
    The only ones SA is hurting with this hissy fit is Saudi Arabians. It doesn't hurt Canada financially at all, and people either don't care or are specifically glad about the prospect of Saudi Arabia selling off the Canadian assets. It's almost comical.
    ​'The new norm': Diplomat says Canada may need to get used to being alone on world stage

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/saudi-arabia-canada-dispute-the-new-norm-1.4780203

A jellyfish has more backbone that Trudeau.  Just idly sit by and let ass clowns in Saudi Arabia bitch slap.

I absolutely backed Trudeau on not apologizing now it time to kick the kingdom in the nuts ... cancelled the light armoured vehicle contract and STOP Saudi oil...
    Give Peas A Chance…

PJ_Soul said:
    The only ones SA is hurting with this hissy fit is Saudi Arabians. It doesn't hurt Canada financially at all, and people either don't care or are specifically glad about the prospect of Saudi Arabia selling off the Canadian assets. It's almost comical.
    PJ_Soul said:

Tell that to the Universities and colleges who probably had all class schedules, housing arranged for 12-15 thousand Saudi students, or the hospitals that had appointments scheduled for medical procedures for Saudi citizens here for medical treatment.  How about the Saudi's who live and are now inconvenienced because the Saudi air no longer comes here...

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2018

PJ_Soul said:

Tell that to the Universities and colleges who probably had all class schedules, housing arranged for 12-15 thousand Saudi students, or the hospitals that had appointments scheduled for medical procedures for Saudi citizens here for medical treatment.  How about the Saudi's who live and are now inconvenienced because the Saudi air no longer comes here...

I work at a university and already mentioned the students being affected. Universities are really not concerned about this for financial reasons, nor because of administrative inconveniences. Universities can deal with all that just fine. They are concerned about the students themselves. It's terrible for them, and the fact the Saudi government is doing that to them just tells more of the story as to why people aren't exactly pulling out their hair over SA selling off their Cdn assets. As for hospitals - they will just shorten the wait lists. As for the Saudis who are inconvenienced... yeah, that's what I said. SA is only hurting Saudis with all this.
    Canada is the world's worst oppressor of women': Saudi Arabia's bizarre propaganda campaign

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/saudi-arabias-bizarre-propaganda-campaign-against-canada?video_autoplay=true
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Canadian teaching hospitals facing withdrawal as Saudi Arabia recalls sponsored students

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canadian-teaching-hospitals-scrambling-to-resolve-how-saudi-student/

Canada needs to move forward by no longer offering Saudi Students/Businessmen Visa's/medical Visas, stop buying their oil and quit selling those loser weapons ... we can not allow a dirt bag country like Saudi Arabia t o push us around ...m but PM Fluff will never have any back-bone.
     We need to cut ties with Saudi Arabia ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • My heart aches when I see your posts @Meltdown99.
    My heart aches when I see your posts @Meltdown99.
    It's kind of ridiculous.  All this over a tweet.  And the tweet was no big deal ... My local hospital is losing 10 residents...that's a big loss for the hospital...especially when there is a shortage of doctors.  That's why I'm now very disappointed in my government.  They must act to insure that Saudi Arabia can never pull this BS on us again.  To do that cut off all ties to that POS country.  Allow these current students to finish there schooling this semester and then tell Saudi Arabia to go fuck the pig you flew in on...

And I'm am most disappointed in our our so called commonwealth allies, the UK and Australia...I will never buy a thing made in those 2 countries ever...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I'd boycott Saudi Arabia, but likely the only they export is oil and terrorist...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    It's kind of ridiculous.  All this over a tweet.  And the tweet was no big deal ... My local hospital is losing 10 residents...that's a big loss for the hospital...especially when there is a shortage of doctors.  That's why I'm now very disappointed in my government.  They must act to insure that Saudi Arabia can never pull this BS on us again.  To do that cut off all ties to that POS country.  Allow these current students to finish there schooling this semester and then tell Saudi Arabia to go fuck the pig you flew in on...

And I'm am most disappointed in our our so called commonwealth allies, the UK and Australia...I will never buy a thing made in those 2 countries ever...
    Why is there such a shortage of doctors in Canada ?
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453

Nevermind, I googled it and found numerous articles on why -- I think everyone can guess the reason. ;)

A lot of factors ... but the one thing that seems to help with a doctor shortage is having a med school in your town.  Where I live we were always short of family dr's, now that we have a med school there is no shortage of family docs ... but the hospitals still struggle with staffing ... and losing 10 residents is a big deal.  The last time I went to the ER, I had a resident from China that initially saw me and ordered all the testing, didn't see the Dr until all test came back ... I'm sure having this resident saved me a couple hours at the hospital.

It's complicated...I still enjoy universal health care.  It's nice just showing our health card and off we go....

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818

Nevermind, I googled it and found numerous articles on why -- I think everyone can guess the reason. ;)
    Because the federal government made a decision a while back to cut down on training spots because they were worrie we would be oversupplied. It was wrong, but the impact has been hard to reverse. 

Oh, you thought the answer was because of our socialized medicine? No.  Some doctors leave, some return, some foreign doctors come to Canada - lots, actually. Not so many Canadian doctors want to practice in the crap American health care “system”. Many who left for the US returned. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited August 2018

pretty good stuff, dore is awesome. he addresses henry rollins comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3YcGRCGEuY