psst 8/7/2018 part 2

Comments

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    PJNB said:
    jserot said:
    PJNB said:
    jserot said:
    I just got my email confirmation. Hang in there.
    Did you have it in your order history from the start and was your card charge pending?
    Yes to both.
    Gotcha. A lot of us just have charge pending and nothing in our order history. Not looking good for us. 
    If you have no order number you have no order.  Been there. It sucks. The charge will come off your account in a few days. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    PJNB said:
    jserot said:
    PJNB said:
    jserot said:
    I just got my email confirmation. Hang in there.
    Did you have it in your order history from the start and was your card charge pending?
    Yes to both.
    Gotcha. A lot of us just have charge pending and nothing in our order history. Not looking good for us. 
    If you have no order number you have no order.  Been there. It sucks. The charge will come off your account in a few days. 
    I saw a good number of pictures of order confirmation screens without order numbers...sucks
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I retired from PJ posters and it feels amazing.  

One less person buying this stuff so rejoice!  Your odds just improved  :lol:
  • Options
    basebornbaseborn UK Posts: 143
    it just seems like the whole thing is set up to fail. I don't understand why the band/band's merch team are so obsessed with creating a shortage of posters - it just creates a secondary marketplace where genuine fans get screwed. That seems totally at odds with Pearl jam's ethos.

Then add in a not fit for purpose web sales system and you have a perfect storm of pissed off people.

Here's an idea. Do a run of posters - sell them at the shows. Keep the number small enough so that they'll always sell all of them. The after the fact, make the poster for each show available to order for a limited period of time - get the orders in so they know exact numbers and have them reprinted to that requirement. That way, everyone who wants a poster, gets a poster. I only want them as a memento of the shows i've been to, i don't want to profit from other fans. 

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Shit! I wonder if they'll do a special for the Rome poster?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    Wish they did not telegraph the drops so much for these shows. That way people that come to this site and contribute to the community have a decent chance at getting one over someone that just made an account to just flip some posters for profit. If Rome does drop in the 14th that is going to be another shit show. Bring back the randomness! 
  • Options
    Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    PJNB said:
    Wish they did not telegraph the drops so much for these shows. That way people that come to this site and contribute to the community have a decent chance at getting one over someone that just made an account to just flip some posters for profit. If Rome does drop in the 14th that is going to be another shit show. Bring back the randomness! 
    I hope they throw a total curve ball with the Rome. When the Milan hit yesterday morning we all knew the Padova was coming, it was only a matter when. 
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    mcgruff10 said:
    SP145555 said:
    Not just for selfish reasons but when these posters go on ebay like this they should just print a load of them, totally devalue the item to screw these guys over. I just want the poster because I was at the show, they are the only band I have travelled for. To see people screw over fellow fans to make some money is dissappointing. 

I wonder if these same people are well respected in the community.

Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    mcgruff10 said:
    SP145555 said:
    Not just for selfish reasons but when these posters go on ebay like this they should just print a load of them, totally devalue the item to screw these guys over. I just want the poster because I was at the show, they are the only band I have travelled for. To see people screw over fellow fans to make some money is dissappointing. 

I wonder if these same people are well respected in the community.
    Yeah or if “something has come up.”
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Random drops may be the way to go from now on. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Like buy one get one free?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Random drops may be the way to go from now on. 
    I think this is the way it should be done
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 455
    I understand how/why it’s being done this way, releasing the bootlegs and corresponding poster on the same day. 
    To me however, I think it would be great if all the posters were released at same time, limit one per order. This way everyone “should” be able to get the one they want the most. If quick enough to complete transaction and get a different print, great. But at least most should get the one they really want. 
    While a lot may be trying for Rome, plenty would choose Berlin, Barcelona, Padova, etc. 
    At least those people would get their top choice. The way it is now, it’s difficult for me to envision very many people getting the one they want most, while some fortunate ones will get most, if not all...
    I think this was done a few years back in one of the monthly newsletters?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    1Oclub special might be a lottery only Rome poster sale.
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    ^^ agreed. A random drop with all prints from that tour hitting at once seems like the most equitable approach.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    I say a lottery for all posters  . Like mumford. Works fair
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    basebornbaseborn UK Posts: 143
    Astonishingly shit, but unsurprisingly shit reply from 10c. Gee thanks.

Shipping (Ten Club)

Aug 8, 8:02 AM PDT

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
    Your order did no go through.
    We have voided all associated cc authorizations.
    Thanks
    10c

• Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    demetrios said:
    1Oclub special might be a lottery only Rome poster sale.
    Hopefully, the special will be a non skeletons version ;)
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited August 2018
    What does status released mean in on you order in your history? It went from pending to released. Just don't ever remember seeing released before.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    EM194007 said:
    What does status released mean in on you order in your history? It went from pending to released. Just don't ever remember seeing released before.
    I think it's been doing that for a while.  Means that it has been confirmed and the next stage should see it go to the warehouse and then shipped.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    EM194007 said:
    I think it's been doing that for a while.  Means that it has been confirmed and the next stage should see it go to the warehouse and then shipped.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I’ve got a idea for the Rome poster. Print enough!!! 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Random drops are fine, just like the old posters a few months ago.  Just throw them up with a psst and that's it.  Done and done.  No need for lottos or overthinking it.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    Agreed on the random drops. The problem yesterday with the slater poster is everyone knew it was coming. The site was getting hammered and most of us couldn't get through. can you imagine the Rome drop if it happens next Tuesday?
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    No. Print more than enough. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    Remember when you could walk out of a show and there was still a pile of posters at the merch stand? Man I'm old...

"Remember when' is the lowest form of conversation"
    Tony Soprano
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,474
    VanEyck said:
    Remember when you could walk out of a show and there was still a pile of posters at the merch stand? Man I'm old...

Tony Soprano
    I used to wait until after the show to get my poster, it was awesome.   
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    edited August 2018
    Kearn5y said:
    No. Print more than enough. 
    Sorrry... more than enough
  • Options
    VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    Vedd Hedd said:
    VanEyck said:

Tony Soprano
    I used to wait until after the show to get my poster, it was awesome.   
    Even for the Copenhagen Spawn poster there were tons left afterwards... You didn't have to spend the whole sweaty show manhandling/protecting the goods either.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    VanEyck said:

Tony Soprano
    Van Eyck - love your Soprano quote.  Trying to remember who Tony said that to?  Think it was Paulie when he was going on about the good ol days.  lol