North Korea

1151617181921»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    brianlux said:
    How is this story not at the top of this forum?  I guess it is, now, LOL.
    Seems like some really serious shit to me, no?

Russia and North Korea sign partnership deal that appears to be the strongest since the Cold War

HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement Wednesday that pledges mutual aid if either country faces “aggression,” a strategic pact that comes as both face escalating standoffs with the West.

Details of the deal were not immediately clear, but it could mark the strongest connection between Moscow and Pyongyang since the end of the Cold War. Both leaders described it as a major upgrade of their relations, covering security, trade, investment, cultural and humanitarian ties.

The summit came as Putin visited North Korea for the first time in 24 years and the U.S. and its allies expressed growing concerns over a possible arms arrangement in which Pyongyang provides Moscow with badly needed munitions for its war in Ukraine, in exchange for economic assistance and technology transfers that could enhance the threat posed by Kim’s nuclear weapons and missile program.

From North Korea, Putin traveled to Vietnam, where he exited his plane onto a red carpet and briefly shook hands with dignitaries while soldiers in white dress uniforms stood at attention. In Hanoi, Putin is scheduled to meet with Vietnam’s most powerful politician, Communist Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, and new President To Lam, as the Russian leader seeks to strengthen ties with a longtime partner.

I guess I can see how this might raise alarms of a new Axis of Evil, but at this point I'd imagine this is more symbolic in nature than anything really to be concerned about. I wouldn't discount this as a cohesive effort to get Trump back in the WH. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    mrussel1 said:
    Ahhhhh, love letters from little rocket man. Those were the days.
    That was when America was great
    that's when life was fucking hilarious and terrifying all at the same time
    That about sums it up. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    brianlux said:
    How is this story not at the top of this forum?  I guess it is, now, LOL.
    Seems like some really serious shit to me, no?

Russia and North Korea sign partnership deal that appears to be the strongest since the Cold War

HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement Wednesday that pledges mutual aid if either country faces “aggression,” a strategic pact that comes as both face escalating standoffs with the West.

Details of the deal were not immediately clear, but it could mark the strongest connection between Moscow and Pyongyang since the end of the Cold War. Both leaders described it as a major upgrade of their relations, covering security, trade, investment, cultural and humanitarian ties.

The summit came as Putin visited North Korea for the first time in 24 years and the U.S. and its allies expressed growing concerns over a possible arms arrangement in which Pyongyang provides Moscow with badly needed munitions for its war in Ukraine, in exchange for economic assistance and technology transfers that could enhance the threat posed by Kim’s nuclear weapons and missile program.

From North Korea, Putin traveled to Vietnam, where he exited his plane onto a red carpet and briefly shook hands with dignitaries while soldiers in white dress uniforms stood at attention. In Hanoi, Putin is scheduled to meet with Vietnam’s most powerful politician, Communist Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, and new President To Lam, as the Russian leader seeks to strengthen ties with a longtime partner.

I guess I can see how this might raise alarms of a new Axis of Evil, but at this point I'd imagine this is more symbolic in nature than anything really to be concerned about. I wouldn't discount this as a cohesive effort to get Trump back in the WH. 

Hmmm, yeah, could be. 
    I suppose one of the things that bothers me the most is when you get two bullies together- even if one is in charge of a huge neighborhood and the other only in charge of a sand box- the potential for trouble seems to more than double.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.