2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love this thread 
    This thread sucks!

If Mcgruff has to back out from his assigned seat ticket due to prior classroom field trip obligations, I'll happily take his spot.
    No way bud.  You can wave to us from section 328.  
    Fuck I am itching for some shows.
    Every other year sucks. ‘17 and ‘19 have been so boring in the live show category. And for those who say “expand your musical horizons,” I’ve seen a fair number of other shows in those years. Just not the same. Here’s to hoping for something big coming soon...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love this thread 
    This thread sucks!

If Mcgruff has to back out from his assigned seat ticket due to prior classroom field trip obligations, I'll happily take his spot.
    Every other year sucks. ‘17 and ‘19 have been so boring in the live show category. And for those who say “expand your musical horizons,” I’ve seen a fair number of other shows in those years. Just not the same. Here’s to hoping for something big coming soon...
    97/99/01/02 all sucked too.  How hard is it to play ten shows? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love this thread 
    This thread sucks!

97/99/01/02 all sucked too.  How hard is it to play ten shows? 
    I would think it’s not very hard. I look forward to the day I look at this thread and there are 50 new messages. That will mean something real is finally brewing!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    If the Greek is silent, then there's probably not much to look forward too  :s
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    JojoRice said:
    He hinted at something brewing in the works for 2020 on Facebook but he could not talk about it yet. 2020 new album with east/west coast tour has got to be happening. 
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    He hinted at something brewing in the works for 2020 on Facebook but he could not talk about it yet. 2020 new album with east/west coast tour has got to be happening. 
    Gosh I hope so.  Would love a US summer tour to go with the new album. 

• brenny55brenny55 Posts: 43
    edited August 2019
    Hey Everyone,

New here to the Ten Club. Been to a bunch of shows but always got them through the public sale, etc.

How hard is it for a brand new member to get floor seats to an arena show?

Thanks!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    brenny55 said:
    Hey Everyone,

New here to the Ten Club. Been to a bunch of shows but always got them through the public sale, etc.

Thanks!
    It depends on the city, and also how many shows there are.

If there are a bunch of shows, like 2015, say, you could probably land floor/GA in a place like Raleigh or Indianapolis no problem, or at least have a good chance.  Especially if you can make it to multiple shows and can put in for a few.

Places like NYC and Chicago are tough and you will have a small chance.

Seniority doesnt matter for obtaining GA.  It is one pool.
  • brenny55brenny55 Posts: 43
    MayDay10 said:
    brenny55 said:
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

If there are a bunch of shows, like 2015, say, you could probably land floor/GA in a place like Raleigh or Indianapolis no problem, or at least have a good chance.  Especially if you can make it to multiple shows and can put in for a few.

Yeah, NYC would be my home show but I would probably request GA to a few shows and travel wherever I got approved.

Thanks for the information!
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I was going to say the same exact thing. Nothing compares to a PJ concert. Nothing. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,062
    brenny55 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    brenny55 said:
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

Yeah, NYC would be my home show but I would probably request GA to a few shows and travel wherever I got approved.

Thanks for the information!
    I have it on good authority that before you can have a chance for your floor seats the band must actually, you know, schedule a show.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Been away the last few months, any rumours floating around?

2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    Chadplam said:
    Been away the last few months, any rumours floating around?

No.
  • jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    kst said:
    So, PJ posted the Toronto (I) 2016 setlist on their twitter feed today.  Who’s reading a Canadian tour into that?
    That show causes me to cut my alcohol consumption at PJ shows.   I got so into the pre-party and was so jacked for the show that I over did it.  When I heard they played Binaural at the bar after the show I was pissed that I didn't even realize it at the time.   Moderation, folks!  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    lol yeah I’m hoping next yr brings us a bunch of different styles of shows , I don’t mind GA but I’d rather assigned seats for my own selfishness I admit it I might just be in the mood to do a handful of shows so I can spread some happiness to a few folks from here ...🤞🤞🤞
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • We should hear some rumblings in September or October for the Spring. I don’t mean confirmations but rumors should start. I think the band realizes what little they’ve done since the end of the 2016 tour that we could be in for a big treat next year. I don’t get PTO from my job so I may just quit and travel with the band, not sure how many more times they’ll tour after the next one.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,111
    I think I might try for my first show in the states if there is a tour next year. Still regret not making PJ20 happen 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    We should hear some rumblings in September or October for the Spring. I don’t mean confirmations but rumors should start. I think the band realizes what little they’ve done since the end of the 2016 tour that we could be in for a big treat next year. I don’t get PTO from my job so I may just quit and travel with the band, not sure how many more times they’ll tour after the next one.
    I’m the spouse of the member (I have his permission so I guess it’s not illegal?)
    When I read this it sounded like you know something and your last statement made my heart hurt.  I spent all day listening to everything, I never get tired of them. We all know it will someday be their last but it feels like I got punched In the chest when I read it on your post.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,311
    lol yeah I’m hoping next yr brings us a bunch of different styles of shows , I don’t mind GA but I’d rather assigned seats for my own selfishness I admit it I might just be in the mood to do a handful of shows so I can spread some happiness to a few folks from here ...🤞🤞🤞
    Agreed. I would rather have seats up front.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    I am fortunate to travel to see PJ wherever they go.  I'm wanting to cross some new states and countries off the list in 2020!   In 2021 I get a month sabbatical from work so that would be awesome as well to time up with a PJ Euro tour. 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I want less GA and more assigned seats. Not all about waiting in line outside for hours anymore and seats are made for sitting which I would love before the show and during the encore breaks. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    I feel like GA like I did about GA when I was 20 years old.  If it's GA and you want a good spot you have to earn it.  Back in the day when whole venues (or just the floor) were GA, you could mosh your way up front, but you had to use all your energy keeping your balance, ducking crowd surfers, getting covered in other peoples sweat, and try to avoid heat stroke.    Now it's getting to the venue really early to stake out a good spot (for me the sweet spot was around 4pm for stadium shows.  Got me around 15th row center floor).

With seated seats.  My seats kept getting further back.  Every tour since 2000, I was getting bumped further back.   I think the unlimited # of shows was a big part of that, and the 4 lottery rows as well.   Still my tickets were getting further back every tour.   Even though I had to work for it, I was getting much better seats/location with GA.  I'm not sure I want to lose it.   I agree it's sucks out a bunch of energy before the shows, but damn it's nice being in the thick of it :)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Looking forward to seeing your harvest. I hope all is well!
    Just give us some shows!

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    At this rate, if the Cubs playoffs possibility is a true potential schedule conflict for EV, at least host a few shows in Chicago every year in October...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    tschav said:
    At this rate, if the Cubs playoffs possibility is a true potential schedule conflict for EV, at least host a few shows in Chicago every year in October...
    Yeah! +1
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Get_Right said:
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Looking forward to seeing your harvest. I hope all is well!
    No doubt 🤘
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Nothing compares to a PJ concert. Nothing. 
    The truest thing I've read all year. It's the whole package from the band, to meeting new friends and fans and the magic of not knowing what you're going to see & hear that makes it the best live music experience ever and why we continuously seek out the slightest hint of a show.
    Sad to say that we can write off 2019 but 2020 could be a huge one if the new album drops early on.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    edited August 2019
     Nothing compares to a PJ concert. Nothing. 
    sheep !   LOL
    but i will cut u a little slack cause it is a PJ message board....
    if you had said nothing compares to a grateful dead concert i would have said YES YES
    after-all they were the first band that could hold that phase and crush it   ;)
    pearl jam do a real good job but...there's is nothing like a grateful dead concert. 

•  Nothing compares to a PJ concert. Nothing. 
    sheep !   LOL
    but i will cut u a little slack cause it is a PJ message board....
    if you had said nothing compares to a grateful dead concert i would have said YES YES
    after-all they were the first band that could hold that phase and crush it   ;)
    pearl jam do a real good job but...there's is nothing like a grateful dead concert. 

idk man. I'm a dead head myself, but I like the tempo of PJ songs more... GD are wild when it comes to shows, but  PJ go even more all over the spectrum.