2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Drdeal said:
    Big Tour and LP next year. Rock The Vote. Angry Ed will be back.
    Yes, please!
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Drdeal said:
    Didn't some say the same for 2016? We got 0/4 of those then
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    NewJPage said:
    Drdeal said:
    Didn't some say the same for 2016? We got 0/4 of those then
    But we did get a couple Wrigley shows. So, I guess I sounds like we're in for a couple more Wrigley shows then. Saaaweeet!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,873
    Noload said:
    Is this really an argument over $10/year?  Isn't "Digital" $20, and you're saying it should be $10 instead?
    For a band the size of PJ, $20/year for the fan club is nothing.
    I think it's not so much about money as it is about, how big of a burden would it be to communicate with these loyal fans? It's doable. We will continue to pump cash into what's become a merchandise operation but it would be so noble to give some heads up to what's going on, what's coming up and so on. It's a given they don't have to, but it's not an insane request. 
    Completely agree.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    Noload said:
    Is this really an argument over $10/year?  Isn't "Digital" $20, and you're saying it should be $10 instead?
    I think it's not so much about money as it is about, how big of a burden would it be to communicate with these loyal fans? It's doable. We will continue to pump cash into what's become a merchandise operation but it would be so noble to give some heads up to what's going on, what's coming up and so on. It's a given they don't have to, but it's not an insane request. 
    They're humans, they're artists, they're an enormous rock band. I imagine a lot goes into making any official announcement, even one saying "hey, nothing happening anytime soon." 

As a fan, I take no news as nothing happening in the near future. They can wake me up if that changes.

Hanging on one band is a tough spot to be in. I preach diversifying one's interests. If there are many bands you enjoy, someone is always going on. Think of the poor Tool fans who see two-term Presidents come and go between albums.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Just get into Les Claypool.  He is like a travelling carnival (of awesomeness)
    pjl44 said:
    Hanging on one band is a tough spot to be in. I preach diversifying one's interests. If there are many bands you enjoy, someone is always going on. Think of the poor Tool fans who see two-term Presidents come and go between albums.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's...most of my favorite bands are dead, broken up or dormant.  Personally, I do have younger bands I love and seeing them in smaller venues has been awesome.  The older bands have forced me to find new loves.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    edited June 2019
    pjl44 said:
    Speaking as a child of the 90's...most of my favorite bands are dead, broken up or dormant.  Personally, I do have younger bands I love and seeing them in smaller venues has been awesome.  The older bands have forced me to find new loves.
    What I find hard about that, is big bands that were around before the 90's are still going.  The Stones, U2, Springsteen, Metallica, GNR, etc....   It always feels like our bands got cut way too short.   Was really expecting the bigger ones to go the distance :(

The upside is most definitely, that it's our band from the 90's that's going the distance.  I do feel pretty lucky that my favourite band keeps going and going.
    Post edited by Zod on
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    What I find hard about that, is big bands that were around before the 90's are still going.  The Stones, U2, Springsteen, Metallica, GNR, etc....   It always feels like our bands got cut way too short.   Was really expecting the bigger ones to go the distance :(
    That's what makes it so infuriating when talent is wasted (RAGE AGAINST THE FUCKING MACHINE! and Tool). No reason RATM shouldn't be together when the world truly needs their voice, but they of course have their reasons, it just sucks. Then there is the meh bands like +Live+ who I would go see in a decent venue in Chicago, but I'm not traveling for them or paying $100 in an amphitheater.
    edited June 2019
    pjl44 said:
    Off the top of my head, 311 and Clutch are really the only 2 bands I've been into for 20+ years who are slugging it out consistently. Greg Dulli, too, if you count all of his projects. Pearl Jam, Tool, and Radiohead have a slower pace these days even though they've been (technically) continuously active.

Most bands just slow down or break up. If you want to keep a steady concert calendar, no choice but to keep your ears and mind open.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085

Since it's about 26 shows over 40 months and ticket access is the number one 10c draw, it's  literally almost $20 for nothing.

Since it's about 26 shows over 40 months and ticket access is the number one 10c draw, it's  literally almost $20 for nothing.
    You really are only paying for the right to buy more stuff. Which isn't bad if you're able to take advantage of the ticket benefit. Otherwise, the Deep PDF is the only tangible item included.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    pjl44 said:

You really are only paying for the right to buy more stuff. Which isn't bad if you're able to take advantage of the ticket benefit. Otherwise, the Deep PDF is the only tangible item included.
    A PDF is not tangible.
    CopperTom said:
    pjl44 said:

A PDF is not tangible.
    Yeah not the best choice of word, but you get my point pedantic bro
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Local radio station in New Jersey:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Did they play Even Flow?
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Australia and New Zealand.  Please sign the petition!  B)

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-jam-pearl-jam-to-tour-australia-new-zealand-2020

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Lots of comments in this thread about branching out and discovering new bands etc. Of course anyone who loves music will do that and I do. However, it's a hard pill to swallow when no other band compares to PJ. Not even fucking close. So, given that, and that the members of said band are all in good health and relatively young, no tours and no new album is just hard to take. This is especially true when you see bands like the Stones who, let's be honest, are basically corpses on stage now, still going like crazy! Come on guys!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    It’s hard to believe we’re going to have zero shows 2 years out of a 3 year stretch
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    It’s hard to believe we’re going to have zero shows 2 years out of a 3 year stretch
    And on the top of that it is hard to believe in those same 3 years we have 2 EV solo tours in Europe.
    edited July 2019
    And in the 1 year they did play, it included a grand total of 7 shows in the US.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    And in the 1 year they did play, it included a grand total of 7 shows in the US.

Seen them every year since 2003 (using hof as a stretch to do so) and this streak ends this year. I haven’t checked this website in over 2 months. It all just feels so different. 

I was thankful to see a fenway show last year but even that felt different than say ‘13,’14, even ‘16. Festivals and stadiums are better than nothing but I’m not sure I’d even make the trek for them if that’s the only option in ‘20. 

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,222
    Can someone remove "uggghh" from the thread title?  May promote some positive vibes.  I think everyone's come to terms with there being no announcements for a 2019 tour at this point.  Looking forward to the next dates!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
    CO278952 said:
    Can someone remove "uggghh" from the thread title?  May promote some positive vibes.  I think everyone's come to terms with there being no announcements for a 2019 tour at this point.  Looking forward to the next dates!
    The changes have been made as per your request. Should straighten up everyone's attitude and increase the number of accurate tour rumors for 2020. Additionally, the band will likely notice the improved morale within this thread and decide they would like to gift us with a tour. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,222
    CO278952 said:
    The changes have been made as per your request. Should straighten up everyone's attitude and increase the number of accurate tour rumors for 2020. Additionally, the band will likely notice the improved morale within this thread and decide they would like to gift us with a tour. 
    Haha. Love it!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    CO278952 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Haha. Love it!
    LOL, so do I.
    2020 is going to be a big year. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    PJNB said:
    Hope so.  But don't be surprised if they do 10 shows and call it a tour.
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Got to be a huge year for them. Big east coast/west coast tour and new album. I will be shocked if this does not happen. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    edited July 2019
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Got to be a huge year for them. Big east coast/west coast tour and new album. I will be shocked if this does not happen. 
    Depends... their tours aren't generally big, but if an album drops, I'd expect something bigger than last summers tour.  Maybe a medium tour.  10 to 12 dates on each leg kind of thing.   I'm not sure the band has big tours in them.   I'd call big 25 shows on each leg, and a 3rd outside of north america.   That's big by PJ's standards and hasn't been done for a while.  Still kind of small when you think of their peers (Foo Fighters, Metallica, etc..) who seem to tour for years after a new album drops :)
    Post edited by Zod on