PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    PJNB said:
    We are happy to announce that Eddie Vedder will be performing in London supporting The Who at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, July 6th!

Why would they put supporting there and not opening then? Probably looking too much into it but would hate to go all that way for a couple of Eddie songs and a bunch of The Who.
    down to terminology...supporting in the UK means the same as opening, although the opening act are the Kaiser Chiefs at Wembley.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    dottles said:
    Geez people. Obviously it's the first announcement of the rumored EV Europe tour. 
    Indeed... however people are able to speculate and to comment at will on what might be as part of that. 
    I just don't get the animosity towards @dimitrispearljam

I meant no animosity towards @dimitrispearljam.  I am glad he gives us the hints.

I was just commenting about his original hint.  I was hoping it would be a PJ tour announcement and it appears it is just an EV show (or perhaps he meant an EV tour). 

Gotcha. The only PJ date we might get soon is Woodstock (or, god forbid, Lolla). According to @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan, their actual tour is dependent on the album. As I posted yesterday, the 2017 EV tour wasn't even announced until March 6, so it's possible we have over a month until even the solo summer tour is announced. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    edited January 2019
    Has the band ever toured the same year/summer as EV? If the Mad Cool or Lisbon rumours are true that gives the band 2 weeks to rehearse for Woodstock, less if they're doing Lolla. Has the band ever done a strictly festival summer? What major festivals do we have in North America in august/sept? Lolla, Woodstock, Outside Lands. Voodoo Fest, Kaaboo, ACL in October.  I know no-one really wants festivals but lets be realistic, thats a big payout.

EDIT: So upon doing some minimal research it seems EV always tour after the Pearl Jam tour, which makes sense. I'd imagine EV going and doing a solo show he can prepare in a couple days, however the Pearl Jam show is gonna take priority and much more time. I guess we wait and see what get announced for August, if anything... At least the Woodstock announcement is February unlike most festivals that month.
    Post edited by Chadplam on
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Chadplam said:
    Has the band ever toured the same year/summer as EV? If the Mad Cool or Lisbon rumours are true that gives the band 2 weeks to rehearse for Woodstock, less if they're doing Lolla. Has the band ever done a strictly festival summer? What major festivals do we have in North America in august/sept? Lolla, Woodstock, Outside Lands. Voodoo Fest, Kaaboo, ACL in October.  I know no-one really wants festivals but lets be realistic, thats a big payout.
    The rumours in lisbon are for EV solo
  • DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Yes they have. In 2012 PJ toured Europe and a couple of weeks later EV did.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    In August of 2008 Ed even played many of the same cities Pearl Jam did in June.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    And in 2017 Ed played in Europe and we got fuck all lol. Hope it is not a repeat from 2 years ago. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    And in 2017 Ed played in Europe and we got fuck all lol. Hope it is not a repeat from 2 years ago. 
    Lol. True statement. 
    PJNB said:
    Exactly. One has very little to do with the other.

• We gon get new Tool before we get new PJ. :lol: You know what at this point we’re better off! \m/
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    dottles said:
    I really hope we get other tour dates announced soon. It is difficult to make a decision only knowing one part of the jigsaw. 

There is a really cool venue near me that Eddie would be brilliant in. Jack White (as part of the Raconteurs), QOTSA, Jack Johnson have all played there and I hope one of them has mentioned it to him. 
    https://www.edensessions.com/ 
    https://www.edensessions.com/line-up/previous-line-ups/

Musis is business
    For exable Who will buy tickets to Florence festival EV show at 2017 is they announce Taormina same time or before the  Florence festival show? 
    We don't like it  but... 
    I know, I just like to plan lol - I have to buy leave and think about if to have birthday celebrations or not. 
    Italy again would be nice. 
    I want to see Neil Young so if they were linked that would be cool, though not at Hyde Park. 
    Hope to see you in the summer my friend :)

2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    just_one said:
    Chadplam said:
    yeah thats what I'm saying thats as late as July 20 meaning if they're doing Lolla or Woodstock they only have 2 weeks to prepare for that.
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Exactly. One has very little to do with the other.
    Yeah not trying to say one happens with the other, just trying to be more realistic about the "very loose" rumours we have. At the moment we know EV is in London in early July, based on Dimi's comment it sounds like we might have a few more Euro EV dates this summer, which would coincide with Lisbon. However that gives them only two weeks to prepare for Woodstock or Lolla. Unless they're only doing a few festival shows that doesn't seem like a lot of time to prepare, especially for an act that changes their set every night.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mrk2 said:
    Get_Right said:
    ComeToTX said:
    if i were ed i'd vacation in europe with my family every summer too.  sounds like a great life.
    And have the company pay for it.
    Play a couple of 10k arenas with 125 euros tickets and a few festivals generates much more money than a new PJ album would

If it were about money they could gross $2-3 million per night in a US arena if prices for tickets were closer to market value.

And  have that incredible Pearl Jam arena vibe that doesn't exist at festivals nor stadiums.
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Chadplam said:
    just_one said:
    Chadplam said:
    yeah thats what I'm saying thats as late as July 20 meaning if they're doing Lolla or Woodstock they only have 2 weeks to prepare for that.
    Realistically how long would it take them to dust off Even Flow type songs that will be in a festival set? If it’s a one off festival date I wouldn’t expect an inspired set list with rarities and deep cuts or dare I say new songs, or anything that would require extensive rehearsals.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    weremin23 said:
    Chadplam said:
    just_one said:
    Chadplam said:
    Realistically how long would it take them to dust off Even Flow type songs that will be in a festival set? If it’s a one off festival date I wouldn’t expect an inspired set list with rarities and deep cuts or dare I say new songs, or anything that would require extensive rehearsals.

Yeah, I think they could play 50 songs in their sleep at this point.  Ed could give them a heads-up a couple weeks out on what rarer songs he wants to sprinkle in and they could do some prep at home. 
  • Soooo...PJ radio on SXM is playing a bunch of past NYC concerts this week...prelude to an NYC announcement perhaps? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    kst said:
    Soooo...PJ radio on SXM is playing a bunch of past NYC concerts this week...prelude to an NYC announcement perhaps? 
    No, they are featuring "residency" cities every week for a while(cities that are special to PJ live), this week they are featuring NYC shows. I imagine one week will be Philly, another Seattle, another LA?
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    mrk2 said:
    Get_Right said:
    ComeToTX said:
    if i were ed i'd vacation in europe with my family every summer too.  sounds like a great life.
    And have the company pay for it.
    Play a couple of 10k arenas with 125 euros tickets and a few festivals generates much more money than a new PJ album would

If it were about money they could gross $2-3 million per night in a US arena if prices for tickets were closer to market value.

And  have that incredible Pearl Jam arena vibe that doesn't exist at festivals nor stadiums.
    Maybe it was because they hadn’t done a US festival in a long ass time, but I very much enjoyed the crowd at Lollapalooza in 2007, the opening of that show is still my favorite.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    There's a Verona rumour.

• Moemai said:
    There's a Verona rumour.

Ed ? 
  • Moemai said:
    There's a Verona rumour.

Ed ? 
    Romeo and Juliet?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Finish the album in the spring, Ed tours Europe in the summer, album release and Pearl Jam tour in the fall. Best case scenario.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    JimmyV said:
    Finish the album in the spring, Ed tours Europe in the summer, album release and Pearl Jam tour in the fall. Best case scenario.
    Cue the "yeah, but Ed said he'll never tour in October ever again" crowd.

BTW, I like your scenario.  
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    kst said:
    Moemai said:
    There's a Verona rumour.

Ed ? 
    Romeo and Juliet?
    Damn Montagues always trying to stir shit up
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    kst said:
    Moemai said:
    There's a Verona rumour.

Ed ? 
    Romeo and Juliet?
    Damn Montagues always trying to stir shit up
    Motherfucker, you know it's the goddamn Capulets!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JimmyV said:

They can Jam in their typical 25 show run Nov 5 - Dec 20.

If they want to be home for Thanksgiving they could do a 12 show run  in late Sept, another 12 shows in Nov and take off thanksgiving weekend. Even go crazy with more early December dates to make some more  profit
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    JimmyV said:

They can Jam in their typical 25 show run Nov 5 - Dec 20.

If they want to be home for Thanksgiving they could do a 12 show run  in late Sept, another 12 shows in Nov and take off thanksgiving weekend. Even go crazy with more early December dates to make some more  profit
    I am convinced its all about the festival payday. If they play at all. Could be another 2017.

JimmyV said:

Thanks. I'm a proud member of the "Ed says a lot of things" crowd.