Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    Saltzy23 said:
    I'm not sure if it's all top secret or anything, but has Dimi ever revealed how he gets all this info before literally anyone else on the planet does?

Also, why is he buying tickets with the rest of us peasants?!?

The man should be backstage hanging out with the goddamn band!  

He's a saint and a hero to us all.
    Pretty well known fact that he is Boom s god son. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    @BlueLedbetter yes we will get in as we’ve tickets for that area 😊 
    We will just be with everyone else with access tickets instead. Also some of them will have access to the private bar and toilets now being made available. 
    There will be enough of us to have a blast I’m sure! 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles said:
    @BlueLedbetter yes we will get in as we’ve tickets for that area 😊 
    We will just be with everyone else with access tickets instead. Also some of them will have access to the private bar and toilets now being made available. 
    There will be enough of us to have a blast I’m sure! 
    Yes it will be fine better than the last time way back in GA
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    edited December 2019
    Saltzy23 said:
    Also, looking at some YouTube videos it looks like Krakow definitely has a 10C Golden Circle GA area based on the 2018 show.

Does anyone know if Budapest will?  I cannot find any videos of PJ ever playing that arena (if ever), so I cannot determine if we will be lumped in with the masses.

I have reserved for all 3 shows after Budapest, so selfishly I don't really care if any of the rest do.
    Krakow does not have a golden circle nor does Budapest.  Don't mix up a front pit with golden circle. The difference is with Krakow's set up the front and the back are the same ticket and you can go to either pit. Plenty of public sale fans got into the front pit in 2018 and it was very rough with plenty of people trying to push there way through to the front the whole show. Compare this to Zurich or Vienna who have a golden pit and the back pit can not make it into the front and it looks like very little front pit tickets went to the public for these shows. 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    There was a barrier in Krakow, but it was wide open from both sides. I didn't even notice it existed during the show. 

There has never ever been a separate 10 club section at a Pearl Jam show in Europe, so you are there together with the common folk. (Wembley 2007 was the exception, whole floor was 10 club, but even those might have ended up in general sale)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Thanks for the info.

I will be fine, but my friend coming has anxiety issues so we are gonna have to find a spot along the wall or just go to the back so he doesn't freak out or anything.

In hindsite, I probably should have just waited for the general sale and bought seats for Krakow and Budapest, but it is what it is.  Also, I know the PJ fans and everyone should be cool and relaxed for the most part.  He should be OK.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    There was a barrier in Krakow, but it was wide open from both sides. I didn't even notice it existed during the show. 

There has never ever been a separate 10 club section at a Pearl Jam show in Europe, so you are there together with the common folk. (Wembley 2007 was the exception, whole floor was 10 club, but even those might have ended up in general sale)
    There have been a couple of separate areas but not exclusively 10c first come first served so 10c early entry got in there I can think of prague in 2018 and dublin in 2006
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    mrk2 said:

Pretty sure Amsterdam 2012 Night 1 had a 10c section.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Yes, there have been several golden circle / front of stage sections, where you have more expensive tickets (I think Prague 2018 had FOS tickets). There have also been separate front sections, that are first-come-first served. But none of these have been exclusive for 10 club, that was my point.

There was one in Berlin 2006. Here's pretty much the whole 10 club ticket gang inside the section. The 10 club crowds have somewhat increased since then.

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    @mrk2 there have been Ten Club sections in Europe. Trieste, Vienna and Padova certainly had them 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles said:
    @mrk2 there have been Ten Club sections in Europe. Trieste, Vienna and Padova certainly had them 
    Nope, not ten club sections. You could buy tickets to these sections in general sale. 
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    dottles said:
    Nope, not ten club sections. You could buy tickets to these sections in general sale. 
    mrk2 said:
    dottles said:
    Yep golden  circle but not exclusively 10c
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    So since we are talking about it was there or was there not any golden circle tickets available to the public for the Zurich show?
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    mrk2 said:

Pretty sure Amsterdam 2012 Night 1 had a 10c section.
    I wasn't there so I can't deny that for sure, but sounds like one of those first come first served sections? Mostly 10 club, but also others. Stockholm 2012 had one too. 2012 was the year that 10 club didn't have a proper presale. The whole system crashed, only very few got tickets. The rest had to use general sale. Ten club offered wristbands to every member who managed to get GA tickets.
  • Options
    Why even bother having a big partition in the middle of the GA if you aren't gonna enforce who can get up to the front area?

Seems like all it does is just create a big extra barrier for people to have to push through or get squeezed against.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Why even bother having a big partition in the middle of the GA if you aren't gonna enforce who can get up to the front area?

Seems like all it does is just create a big extra barrier for people to have to push through or get squeezed against.
    It keeps the pressure off, the whole floor starts moving in one direction - bad things can happen. 

I don't really get it why they don't use the FOS section in more countries. It would definitely keep the front section calmer. For example Krakow and Budapest arenas seem to have this for most other shows. The front is more expensive, and the back is cheaper. But judging by the price, the way this band has it, the whole floor is one giant expensive section.... 

In Budapest the GA floor is much more expensive than the front section at Kiss show the next night. Kiss show actually has sold out the back of the floor, but not the front. Maybe that tells a little about what people are willing to spend.
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

It keeps the pressure off, the whole floor starts moving in one direction - bad things can happen. 

I don't really get it why they don't use the FOS section in more countries. It would definitely keep the front section calmer. For example Krakow and Budapest arenas seem to have this for most other shows. The front is more expensive, and the back is cheaper. But judging by the price, the way this band has it, the whole floor is one giant expensive section.... 

In Budapest the GA floor is much more expensive than the front section at Kiss show the next night. Kiss show actually has sold out the back of the floor, but not the front. Maybe that tells a little about what people are willing to spend.
    I understand for the most part, but again, if they have the sides open and all that happens is that people without access just push their way up and fill the front area up to 125% capacity then what is the point exactly?

Also, am I the only one that does not understand people's obsession with needing to push as close to the stage as possible when in the GA?

All it does is guarantee that you will be squeezed in like a sardine and won't be able to use the bathroom or grab a beer without it being a complete pain in the ass/next to impossible to meet up with whoever you are with on the way back.

Also, the music sounds exactly the same whether you are 20' back or 200'.

I'm completely fine with a spot in the back or against the wall.

• Options
    That is why I went with seats for Krakow this year. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    mrk2 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I understand for the most part, but again, if they have the sides open and all that happens is that people without access just push their way up and fill the front area up to 125% capacity then what is the point exactly?

Also, am I the only one that does not understand people's obsession with needing to push as close to the stage as possible when in the GA?

All it does is guarantee that you will be squeezed in like a sardine and won't be able to use the bathroom or grab a beer without it being a complete pain in the ass/next to impossible to meet up with whoever you are with on the way back.

Too crushed as you spend most of the show worrying about that. Take a few steps back and you get a great view and you have room to bounce and move.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    From what I've seen there are a hell of a lot of seats still available.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    CB254133 said:
    My son and I double tapped on the 10c GA for Zurich so we have 2 spare.  We will be in Zurich to pick up the tickets and will have a spare each.  Would prefer to sell the 2 together, face value of course.  
    Taken
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    CB254133 said:
    Amsterdam 1 sold out, can't even get a single ticket in the upper ring.  Bring on night 2 announcement

How long do they usually take to announce the second show? Seems like in 2018 it was a few months. That can’t be right tho. 
  • Options
    mrk2 said:

Exactly my decision too. Krakow 2018 was stellar, but I moved very far to the back to have a relaxing show... and I usually don't mind crowded pits.
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 115
    PJNB said:
    So since we are talking about it was there or was there not any golden circle tickets available to the public for the Zurich show?
    There were golden Circle Tickets available, but not for long only a few seconds 
  • Options
    CB254133 said:
    Amsterdam 1 sold out, can't even get a single ticket in the upper ring.  Bring on night 2 announcement

How long do they usually take to announce the second show? Seems like in 2018 it was a few months. That can’t be right tho. 
    It's already been announced. Tickets on sale.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    mrk2 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Too crushed as you spend most of the show worrying about that. Take a few steps back and you get a great view and you have room to bounce and move.
    I don't even care where that spot is in Krakow.  I just need like 1' of personal space and I'm cool.  Again, I don't care if we even need to leave the front area and go to the back of the whole pit.  

The 5 minute mark of this video (which is fucking awesome BTW) pans the entire crowd during Alive.  There are definitely spots in the corner that have some space.  Also, everyone looks pretty well behaved to me.  I'm sure we'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcN8Zg1Lb7c 
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    edited December 2019
    mrk2 said:
    +1 I’m doing all seats this tour and am happy about it.
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    CB254133 said:

It's already been announced. Tickets on sale.
    I am wondering why 10C did not send a message. US fans might have missed the non-announcement...
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    DogboyDogboy Posts: 44
    I have my spare 10c seat in Frankfurt available to trade for same 10c seat at Amsterdam night 1 /22nd ....pm if interested cheers
  • Options
    I managed to get GA 10C tickets to Vienna (and in public sale also to Krakow, reserved seating, hooray). I want to go to Vienna with a friend who is, unfortunately, smaller in size . Do you have some advice? :)  Is there a good view of the stage in this hall (from the floor)? Is there a big crowd or will we be able to find some "quieter" place?
    Thanks - and enjoy all the concerts!