• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    weremin23 said:
    It won’t start before June 20
    weremin23 said:
    one_stone said:
    weremin23 said:
    Guess / Logic by you or do you have a source?
    Guess/logic. 
     both wrong.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    weremin23 said:
    weremin23 said:
    one_stone said:
    weremin23 said:
    Guess/logic. 
     both wrong.
    But Amsterdam is still the tour start?
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    weremin23 said:
    weremin23 said:
    one_stone said:
    weremin23 said:
    Guess/logic. 
     both wrong.
      thats the plan
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    How many days after the tour starts is your first show dimitrispearljam?
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    In the plan - is there a city not mentioned by us? 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    June 21st outdoors, but not Pinkpop?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    JPPJ84 said:
    weremin23 said:
    weremin23 said:
    one_stone said:
    weremin23 said:
    Guess/logic. 
     both wrong.
      thats the plan
    In the week from June 15 onwards?
  • Options
    PJWreland said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJWreland said:
    I really hope this is still happening since I won't be able to attend any show before 22 of June. 
    23 Prague
    25 Berlin
    27 Stockholm
    30 Copenhagen
    These 4 sound really good, I'd love to do those. Just looked at flights from Berlin to Stockholm. Wow, right now you can book a flight for 27 Euro... ridiculous (in a positive AND kinda negative way)
    I will try and go by train the whole trip if it turns out to be true :)  
    I'd definitely try to do most connections by train. But not Berlin - Stockholm. No way ;)
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    *slightly off topic*
    I started posting on these boards about 10 years ago. It had a very different feel to the place then. 
    Increasingly I've not posted much, I didn't feel it was a place for me anymore to some extent. 
    In 2010 we had the most epic tour thread. I met 'virtually' so many people and planned adventures. I started a tour that year on my own, within a few hours of getting to Dublin, Dimitris, Yvi and I were walking down the Liffey to a pub.  Seven shows later I came home full of wonder and friendship. It's not stopped.
    Whilst this one isn't the same, it's the first thread in a long time, particularly of late, where I have found myself smiling and actively seeking it out. It is great to see people working together, having a laugh and being excited! 
    I hope that other areas get tours soon in due course and the conversations can continue in a similar manner. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*
    I started posting on these boards about 10 years ago. It had a very different feel to the place then. 
    Increasingly I've not posted much, I didn't feel it was a place for me anymore to some extent. 
    In 2010 we had the most epic tour thread. I met 'virtually' so many people and planned adventures. I started a tour that year on my own, within a few hours of getting to Dublin, Dimitris, Yvi and I were walking down the Liffey to a pub.  Seven shows later I came home full of wonder and friendship. It's not stopped.
    Whilst this one isn't the same, it's the first thread in a long time, particularly of late, where I have found myself smiling and actively seeking it out. It is great to see people working together, having a laugh and being excited! 
    I hope that other areas get tours soon in due course and the conversations can continue in a similar manner. 
    That's nice to hear.  Pearl Jam fans are a special bunch of people for sure

2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Is Ireland  a definite no no? Looking at holidays for next year. 

Slane 93

Dublin 96

Dublin 00

Hamilton 05

Dublin 06

Poland 07 London 07

West Palm Beach 08 Tampa 08

Berlin 09 Manchester 09 London 09

Dublin 10 Belfast 10

Manchester 12 1+2

Leeds 14 Milton Keynes14

EV Manchester 12

EV Dublin 17

Mirrorball Dublin 95

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Apone said:
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*

It made me laugh and smile! And that's what it all about should be - fun! :D
    Thanks chaps for all - even if we do not solve it we made a special bond. Would love to grab a beer with you Detectives! 
    If Lodz will happen - the beer is on me. Just ask for Kusy from State Of Love And Trust Poland ;) 
    Post edited by Kusy on
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
  • Options
    Apone said:
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*

Very cool! I can't compare at all, being new and all but this is so much fun, Dimi giving hints (THANKS!) and everyone having a ball planning. I hope to go to as many shows as possible and hopefully catching up with some of you fun people :)
  • Options
    PJ Freak said:
    Is Ireland  a definite no no? Looking at holidays for next year. 
    Ruled out by Dimi ages ago unfortunately
  • Options
    Kusy said:
    Apone said:
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*

Thanks chaps for all - even if we do not solve it we made a special bond. Would love to grab a beer with you Detectives! 
    If Lodz will happen - the beer is on my. Just ask for Kusy from State Of Love And Trust Poland ;) 
    Lodz is definitely on mine and my firends wishlist should it happen
  • Options
    Apone said:
    Kusy said:
    Apone said:
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*

If Lodz will happen - the beer is on my. Just ask for Kusy from State Of Love And Trust Poland ;) 
    Lodz is definitely on mine and my firends wishlist should it happen
    It will be a pleasure to chat then :))
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    edited November 2019
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*
    I remember  those days. Wonderment indeed. Although i wont be going to any shows.  This thread  made me go and watch dimi s tour vids of all of us on you tube.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    edited November 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
      thats the plan
    june 2020?
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*
     and always remember..
    we never say goodbye..only "see you at the next one!!"
    much love Leanne
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I had a similar experience on the 2012 tour.  Went to Amsterdam by myself, and left Copenhagen with five new great friends who I have traveled with every year since for Pearl Jam or just to meet up when PJ isn’t touring.
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    So Dimis comment of first gig of tour will be expensive, 18th June Amsterdam as discussed, Euros match same night next to Ziggo .... everything will be expensive for that trip
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    So Dimis comment of first gig of tour will be expensive, 18th June Amsterdam as discussed, Euros match same night next to Ziggo .... everything will be expensive for that trip
    I live in hope that one day in the not too distant future he rules out the 18th, for both of the reasons you mention
  • Options
    And this happened 🤣🤣
  • Options
    "Just looked at flights from Berlin to Stockholm. Wow, right now you can book a flight for 27 Euro."

Which airline?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    ddeschler said:
    "Just looked at flights from Berlin to Stockholm. Wow, right now you can book a flight for 27 Euro."

Which airline?
    EasyJet! Just google Berlin Stockholm Flug/ flight and use google Flights. It gives you an iverview of all airlines. SAS is reasonable as well.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    http://www.skyscanner.com  is great for comparing flights. I use that to check what is the best price, then usually book directly from that airlines own site.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJWreland said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJWreland said:
    I really hope this is still happening since I won't be able to attend any show before 22 of June. 
    23 Prague
    25 Berlin
    27 Stockholm
    30 Copenhagen
    These 4 sound really good, I'd love to do those. Just looked at flights from Berlin to Stockholm. Wow, right now you can book a flight for 27 Euro... ridiculous (in a positive AND kinda negative way)
    I will try and go by train the whole trip if it turns out to be true :)  
    I'd definitely try to do most connections by train. But not Berlin - Stockholm. No way ;)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 242
    JPPJ84 said:
    ddeschler said:

Which airline?
    EasyJet! Just google Berlin Stockholm Flug/ flight and use google Flights. It gives you an iverview of all airlines. SAS is reasonable as well.
    Just be aware with Easyjet you need to add on seats (unless you dont care where you sit) and checked luggage unless travelling really light (less than 7kg and fits stingy hand luggage dimensions) and this can often double the cost! But still is really good price for one way flight. Bring on the summer!
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    SS225006SS225006 Brunswick (the real one), Germany Posts: 52
    dottles said:
    *slightly off topic*
    That's what is all about.
    Had similar feelings on the last couple of tours.
    Especially the atmosphere in Taormina two years ago

Really looking forward to next year
    PJ
    1992 Pinkpop, Go Bang Festival Berlin
    2000 Rock am Ring
    2006 Berlin
    2007 Hurricane Festival Scheeßel
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1+2
    2014 Milano, Trieste, Berlin
    2018 Milano, Padova, Roma, Krakow, Berlin
    EV
    2017 Berlin, Firenze, Taormina 1+2
    2019 Firenze, Berlin

• Options
    Damn you're right. I should really go by boat...

How did you get to the US for those PJ shows?? ;)