Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Kusy said:
    And this happened 🤣🤣
    :) finally my 15mins of fame on altnation too ... plus the first time in years I open that site and... it's down! :lol:
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    As long as it doesn't start on the 4th of june. Ill be at john butler solo @tivolivredenburg. 😻
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Moemai said:
    As long as it doesn't start on the 4th of june. Ill be at john butler solo @tivolivredenburg. 😻
    He's touring alone?? What happened to the Trio?
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Damn you're right. I should really go by boat...

How did you get to the US for those PJ shows?? ;)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,163
    Damn 600 EU rumor posts in 3 days and nothing on good ol' USA. Do they even know who we are?
  • Options
    Damn 600 EU rumor posts in 3 days and nothing on good ol' USA. Do they even know who we are?
    Once those US plans solidify, the rumors will blow up and you’ll have all the fun! Fingers crossed :smile:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    They do unfortunately and choose to go to Europe.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 469
    Trying to figure out a nice 3-4 show run in July. Can't do June (kids are still in school). Don't want to see any festival shows. Prefer indoor and more intimate.

Was looking at Vienna, Lodz, Budapest, Zurich... some sort of combination. To do all of these is 2+ weeks if the dates discussed are true... (are they actually going to London after Vienna?)

Also, seems like the dates and geography of these cities is all over the place making it somewhat difficult to get to.

Right now going nonstop from NY, doing all 4, is roughly $3,500 pp for flights alone (wife would come). Not including hotels, food, etc.

Expensive indeed. Last year we did Prague, Krakow and Berlin and had an amazing time. Sure hope I can figure this out and make it work!
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Zurich keeps popping up lately, which I like, however, does it have a suitable arena?  Hallenstadion only holds 13,000.  
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    davidos said:
    Trying to figure out a nice 3-4 show run in July. Can't do June (kids are still in school). Don't want to see any festival shows. Prefer indoor and more intimate.

Was looking at Vienna, Lodz, Budapest, Zurich... some sort of combination. To do all of these is 2+ weeks if the dates discussed are true... (are they actually going to London after Vienna?)

Also, seems like the dates and geography of these cities is all over the place making it somewhat difficult to get to.

Right now going nonstop from NY, doing all 4, is roughly $3,500 pp for flights alone (wife would come). Not including hotels, food, etc.

Expensive indeed. Last year we did Prague, Krakow and Berlin and had an amazing time. Sure hope I can figure this out and make it work!
    Egads!! $3,500. Leaving from JFK or EWR? Thinking about Łódź, Budapest & Zurich. Wish we could get to 2nd and 3rd without flights tho... I like trains, too many airports in so short a timespan is a bit of a hassle
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    CopperTom said:
    Zurich keeps popping up lately, which I like, however, does it have a suitable arena?  Hallenstadion only holds 13,000.  
    Some other venues are at 17,000 so definitely smaller, but not way too small that they wouldn’t do a stop.  Maybe they make enough off the festivals that they can let some $$$ go to play some cities they haven’t been to in a while.  If it was all about maximizing money their tours would look a lot different.
  • Options
    Is it possible to see Maiden somewhere the day before or after PJ have played Dimi? In the same city. 
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 272
    CopperTom said:
    It s more 15 000 . Saw tool this year and pearl jam in 2000.. great arena and great City! Really hope for zurich .
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Saw PJ 1996 in Zurich. Would be great to be back in Switzerland for a PJ concert. Even Switzerland isn't the cheapest land. 
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 469
    Renfield said:
    davidos said:

Egads!! $3,500. Leaving from JFK or EWR? Thinking about Łódź, Budapest & Zurich. Wish we could get to 2nd and 3rd without flights tho... I like trains, too many airports in so short a timespan is a bit of a hassle
    yes, JFK/Newark... whatever was cheaper on google flights... Knocking out Vienna makes it cheaper but not by much ($2,900 - $3k vs. $3,500).

Just googled Lodz... doesn't seem like as nice a city as Krakow, etc. Now wondering if it's a must visit as far as things to do/explore before and after the show... But skipping Lodz leaves a week in between Vienna and Budapest...

Such a random tour if this is how it's laid out...
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    davidos said:
    Renfield said:
    davidos said:

yes, JFK/Newark... whatever was cheaper on google flights... Knocking out Vienna makes it cheaper but not by much ($2,900 - $3k vs. $3,500).

Just googled Lodz... doesn't seem like as nice a city as Krakow, etc. Now wondering if it's a must visit as far as things to do/explore before and after the show... But skipping Lodz leaves a week in between Vienna and Budapest...

To be fair Łódź does not count as one of top tourist destinations in Poland. It used to be second largest city in Poland and a bit industry one. It has changed a lot in positive way in the last few years but still it’s not top travel destination. 
  • Options
    radar said:
    davidos said:
    Renfield said:
    davidos said:

To be fair Łódź does not count as one of top tourist destinations in Poland. It used to be second largest city in Poland and a bit industry one. It has changed a lot in positive way in the last few years but still it’s not top travel destination. 
    Been to Poland a few times but never lodz would you recommend staying there or just stay in Warsaw?
  • Options
    Am I missing something ? If its Prague before Berlin which country has 2 shows unless it's not Zurich but a second German show?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Well, as long as there's bars with cheap beer, it will be worth the visit. Looked nice to me when I watched some YouTube videos and read some travel sites. Krakow was amazing though. 

Seems like Warsaw to Lodz trains are cheap and there's plenty of them. Should be easy. Taxi from Lodz to Warsaw airpot might be worth looking into if you can get 4 people to share. About 100 euros total, 25 euros each?

Like I mentioned a couple of pages ago, those of you coming from London have it easy - there's direct Ryanair flights to Lodz airport.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    JPPJ84 said:
    Moemai said:
    This year he toured with the trio+ (4 persons 😬) this is just a solo tour! 
  • Options
    Moemai said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Moemai said:
    This year he toured with the trio+ (4 persons 😬) this is just a solo tour! 
    Bummer, I missed it 
  • Options
    This thread is insane.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Looks like I have to make some plans next summer involving football - Finland just made it to the final tournament, by winning a qualifier match against Licthenstein. First time ever for us in the Euro finals.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Am I missing something ? If its Prague before Berlin which country has 2 shows unless it's not Zurich but a second German show?
    Dimitris said that they "can" play Pink Pop on June 21!?
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like I have to make some plans next summer involving football - Finland just made it to the final tournament, by winning a qualifier match against Licthenstein. First time ever for us in the Euro finals.
    Congratulations!! Footy AND PJ 🥳
  • Options
    Thanks!.  BTW, we dropped Greece from the tournament :lol sorry Dimi.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    You guys are slacking as there are only 104 unread responses as opposed to 160 yesterday.

"spicy is the new forthcoming">LOL
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    cutz said:
    You guys are slacking as there are only 104 unread responses as opposed to 160 yesterday.

Μore to come and you should come over here!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
     you have your president to entertain you
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:

Μore to come and you should come over here!!
    I'd love to my man, but did you read the prices a  few post above how much a Flight to Lodz is? $3500 USD!!  And i would fly out of one of those Airports.