Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Not Debbie Downer at all. We still have a chance a Chicago arena show!  ;)

No we don't.  Chicago = Wrigley from here on out. Unless Theo get fired and Ricketts sell team.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    PJNB said:
    Last Chicago rumor was the local radio station DJ's confirming Wrigley shows for 2020.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    PJNB said:
    That would be ideal!  But I still think it'll be Wrigley because of the radio comment, the baseball posts, etc.  Just meant that 7/10 doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:

No we don't.  Chicago = Wrigley from here on out. Unless Theo get fired and Ricketts sell team.
    Bingo. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Talk about stadium tours, Green Day on sale for next summer $300-600 for field. Lower level $200 and best uppers start at $180. Lower in a stadium is not exactly close to the stage.

$20 per ticket premium for any seat within 4 from aisle 

I know it includes Weezer and FOB, but I think they're naming this tour the Hella Mega Guts Tour?

I guess Green Day is as big as a draw as the top bands but am a bit surprised. Any non airline level seat is over $200 and the best seats double or triple that. I'd rather see them charge close to FMV but...wow.

For what city is that ?
    Im going to the Atlanta show and the prices are nowhere near that. Field seats were in the $130 range. I got seats 2 rows behind the Braves dugout for $100 each (plus fees). 

They also had pit tickets available for $180 each plus fees. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Sure do seem to be a lot of baseball posts:

Okay, I'll bite. I really do believe this to be a clue to a 7/10/20 Wrigley show. I don't think this post is coincidental. 

Damn near a 25 year anniversary to the Soldier Field show.
    The thing that's curious about the post: "A couple Chicago Cubs greats."

Ron Santo wore 10 but no one of significance has worn 7.

• Options
    Also, interesting, the “Chicago” jersey on the right is a Chicago White Sox Jersey (1977?), not a Cubs jersey. So, maybe the Chicago show will be at Guaranteed Rate Field. 😂 
  • Options
    Going out on a limb... announce large ballpark shows in the summer to secure sellouts then announce a book end tour of arenas. No way they would announce a full tour 2020 US Tour at once knowing their fanbase.. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    bbiggs said:
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:

Bingo. 
     Talk about Debbie Downers....
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 290
    JojoRice said:
    Talk about stadium tours, Green Day on sale for next summer $300-600 for field. Lower level $200 and best uppers start at $180. Lower in a stadium is not exactly close to the stage.

I know it includes Weezer and FOB, but I think they're naming this tour the Hella Mega Guts Tour?

I guess Green Day is as big as a draw as the top bands but am a bit surprised. Any non airline level seat is over $200 and the best seats double or triple that. I'd rather see them charge close to FMV but...wow.

For what city is that ?
    Im going to the Atlanta show and the prices are nowhere near that. Field seats were in the $130 range. I got seats 2 rows behind the Braves dugout for $100 each (plus fees). 

Same here. Got Pittsburgh 100 level for $125 a piece.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:

Bingo. 
    More like Ronnie  Realists
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited September 2019
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    Scroll to 2:35.  The jerseys are in the same order.
    Interesting. Well now I'm just curious who the great #7 is.
    Rick Monday... no?
    Could be. Do you think that's who it's in honor of? Technically that jersey predates him by a year or two. A bit of a stretch on a Cubs great.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    Rick Monday... no?
    Could be. Do you think that's who it's in honor of? Technically that jersey predates him by a year or two. A bit of a stretch on a Cubs great.
    Yes, but.... the show was on a Monday.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:

Bingo. 
    More like Ronnie  Realists
     I guess the wink flew over your head. I think we all know the probability of a Wrigley show next year.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    Rick Monday... no?
    To be be fair... the list of great Cubs players isn’t exactly a long list. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    D-Rod said:
    Mike D88 said:
    on2legs said:
    One of those jerseys has the number 10 on it.  Ten is the title of Pearl Jam’s first album. 
    AlternativeNation:

Sorry, thought this was really funny and under rated 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    Dbl
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    chadaw76 said:
    JojoRice said:

For what city is that ?

Same here. Got Pittsburgh 100 level for $125 a piece.

This is Citifield in NY

There are also lowers not on the field for $330. (Standard non platinum is about $200).

GA VIP goes from $450 to $700.

Yes backline union labor is expensive in NY but is it that expensive?

If they can sell out at these prices they might gross $10 million for one show.

What the heck are they paying labor here?
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options

That is absurd thank god I don’t have not even a gram of interest in any of those bands , I’ll never pay hundreds of $$$ to see PJ ever again I’m sorry but I’m def not into them like I was in 91 through 2000 , so they can keep their ballparks shows to themselves as far as I’m concerned ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    fans always go nuts trying to "decode" things the band posts. Serious question (not trying to be a jerk): have any of these supposed cryptic posts turned out to actually BE cryptic and mean something in the end?
    There was a Mariners-style “M” in the word “Jam” on the website or in a post or on a flag on the space needle or something like that a few weeks before the Home Shows were announced.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Interesting response to the GD ticket prices.

It says alot about PJ sticking to their word about high prices from way back, although I cant say I dont feel like a fool paying the same price for a mile away as front row.

Somewhere in between GD outrageous prices and last years stadium tour there must be a happy medium between those that had the foresight to join early on and those that didnt
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    PJ's social media is run by an unpaid intern that has never heard a single PJ song.  99.9% of posts are completely arbitrary. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited September 2019

That is absurd thank god I don’t have not even a gram of interest in any of those bands , I’ll never pay hundreds of $$$ to see PJ ever again I’m sorry but I’m def not into them like I was in 91 through 2000 , so they can keep their ballparks shows to themselves as far as I’m concerned ...
    Here is the thing about the Green Day high cost. They have VIP packages for that high price that does NOT involved the band.  You get merch. See below. 

People have been wanting PJ to offer merch with tickets for years. Those prices is what it would cost. Do the math. 

Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package details- Green Day tour

Each Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package Includes: 1 Premium Ticket, 1 Backstage Tour Led by Members of the HELLA MEGA Tour Team, 1 Official HELLA MEGA Tour Litho, 1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Ticket, 1 HELLA MEGA Water Bottle, 1 HELLA MEGA Bottle Opener, 1 HELLA MEGA Draw String Bag, 1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Laminate, Access to the HELLA MEGA Hospitality Lounge and Experience with complimentary snacks and cash bar (Where Available), VIP Entrance to the Venue, On-Site VIP Host. NO ARTIST INVOLVEMENT.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    edited September 2019
    I’ve done the VIP thing for U2 twice.  Seats were great... but extremely expensive and there was zero interaction with the band. Which we knew going into it.  The package included a preshow buffet and a limited tour book.  They did a few raffles too where you could win some stage used guitar strings and a tour backstage.  They also give a big laminate badge to wear to make you look special but it really had no extra benefits to it.  Whoever thought these packages up was a genius. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    We need a Tool/Green Day thread!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited September 2019
    Noload said:
    We need a Tool/Green Day thread!

Go to "Other Music", there is a Tool thread there.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Noload said:
    We need a Tool/Green Day thread!Go to "Other Music", there is a Tool thread there.
    Someone add a Green Day one and we are in business. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    JP218404 said:
    People have been wanting PJ to offer merch with tickets for years. Those prices is what it would cost. Do the math. 
    Sure not me, what a joke man.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I think people have wanted the option to preorder posters and maybe a tour shirt with their ticket. which I think, given the flippers market, is reasonable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    I think people have wanted the option to preorder posters and maybe a tour shirt with their ticket. which I think, given the flippers market, is reasonable. 
    Absolutely great idea, they still get the merch sale there looking for.  I'd love the option to pre order a poster, shirt whatever with a ticket.