Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    I think people have wanted the option to preorder posters and maybe a tour shirt with their ticket. which I think, given the flippers market, is reasonable. 
    Options can't hurt. Personally, I enjoy not worrying about merch at shows, and the shitstorm of trying to snag one when Santos does a drop. About the only thing I look forward to at work other than the weekend.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited September 2019
    I think people have wanted the option to preorder posters and maybe a tour shirt with their ticket. which I think, given the flippers market, is reasonable. 
    I don’t disagree with this plus the lines. But again add that into the ticket it’s 175-200. That’s all the high end tickets are

You can get a tix for the show for 30 bucks face in the uppers of citi field. They priced those correctly 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    JP218404 said:
    Talk about stadium tours, Green Day on sale for next summer $300-600 for field. Lower level $200 and best uppers start at $180. Lower in a stadium is not exactly close to the stage.

$20 per ticket premium for any seat within 4 from aisle 

I know it includes Weezer and FOB, but I think they're naming this tour the Hella Mega Guts Tour?

I guess Green Day is as big as a draw as the top bands but am a bit surprised. Any non airline level seat is over $200 and the best seats double or triple that. I'd rather see them charge close to FMV but...wow.

That is absurd thank god I don’t have not even a gram of interest in any of those bands , I’ll never pay hundreds of $$$ to see PJ ever again I’m sorry but I’m def not into them like I was in 91 through 2000 , so they can keep their ballparks shows to themselves as far as I’m concerned ...
    Here is the thing about the Green Day high cost. They have VIP packages for that high price that does NOT involved the band.  You get merch. See below. 

People have been wanting PJ to offer merch with tickets for years. Those prices is what it would cost. Do the math. 

Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package details- Green Day tour

Each Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package Includes: 1 Premium Ticket, 1 Backstage Tour Led by Members of the HELLA MEGA Tour Team, 1 Official HELLA MEGA Tour Litho, 1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Ticket, 1 HELLA MEGA Water Bottle, 1 HELLA MEGA Bottle Opener, 1 HELLA MEGA Draw String Bag, 1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Laminate, Access to the HELLA MEGA Hospitality Lounge and Experience with complimentary snacks and cash bar (Where Available), VIP Entrance to the Venue, On-Site VIP Host. NO ARTIST INVOLVEMENT.
    Shout out to all the 15 cent trinkets that make the list longer

1 HELLA MEGA Hand Wipe
    1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Pencil
    Personal HELLA MEGA concierge will Highlight the Seat Number on your Commemorative Ticket and insert it into your Commemorative Laminate
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Talk about stadium tours, Green Day on sale for next summer $300-600 for field. Lower level $200 and best uppers start at $180. Lower in a stadium is not exactly close to the stage.

I know it includes Weezer and FOB, but I think they're naming this tour the Hella Mega Guts Tour?

I guess Green Day is as big as a draw as the top bands but am a bit surprised. Any non airline level seat is over $200 and the best seats double or triple that. I'd rather see them charge close to FMV but...wow.

That is absurd thank god I don’t have not even a gram of interest in any of those bands , I’ll never pay hundreds of $$$ to see PJ ever again I’m sorry but I’m def not into them like I was in 91 through 2000 , so they can keep their ballparks shows to themselves as far as I’m concerned ...
    Its a lot of money, and even pearl jam's prices well North of $100 now gives me pause, especially in a stadium setting.  Wanted to hit tool this tour and saw the price and bailed.  Add in travel costs, refreshments, poster(s) and its a lot of scratch for a consumable experience (and yes, the fact that I have done it 25+ times is a major factor)...  Now the major venues/performers and even sports teams have figured out how to tier seat pricing at a micro level based on proximity/comfort/etc like aisle seats.  

I recently saw claypool lennon delirium/flaming lips and later trombone shorty for a fraction of these prices and they blew my mind.  Like top 5 concert experiences.
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    Back on the 2009 tour I remember getting an email from the 10club saying that whoever had tickets to the shows at the United Center could pre-order a poster before the show.

• Options
    NDJeff7 said:
    Back on the 2009 tour I remember getting an email from the 10club saying that whoever had tickets to the shows at the United Center could pre-order a poster before the show.

Spectrum shows, too. There must be something about the process they didn't like to try it and ditch it.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    pjl44 said:
    JP218404 said:

Here is the thing about the Green Day high cost. They have VIP packages for that high price that does NOT involved the band.  You get merch. See below. 

People have been wanting PJ to offer merch with tickets for years. Those prices is what it would cost. Do the math. 

Each Rainbow Unicorn VIP Package Includes: 1 Premium Ticket, 1 Backstage Tour Led by Members of the HELLA MEGA Tour Team, 1 Official HELLA MEGA Tour Litho, 1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Ticket, 1 HELLA MEGA Water Bottle, 1 HELLA MEGA Bottle Opener, 1 HELLA MEGA Draw String Bag, 1 HELLA MEGA Commemorative Laminate, Access to the HELLA MEGA Hospitality Lounge and Experience with complimentary snacks and cash bar (Where Available), VIP Entrance to the Venue, On-Site VIP Host. NO ARTIST INVOLVEMENT.

1 HELLA MEGA Hand Wipe
    Personal HELLA MEGA concierge will Highlight the Seat Number on your Commemorative Ticket and insert it into your Commemorative Laminate
    correct but you KNOW that PJ could do those all and there would be ISO moist towlettes posts everywhere 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    I’m not buying a poster I can’t see. There are always snoozers that I don’t want. Current system is fine. Especially since we have to buy the tickets well in advance of a show. I’d rather worry about the other costs come the day of the show and not months before.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    NDJeff7 said:

Santos talked about this on the old Rob Bleetstein/Tim Bierman radio show. He kind of implied that it killed the secondary market and that was why they stopped doing it. I remember thinking that was a strange concern to have.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

Santos talked about this on the old Rob Bleetstein/Tim Bierman radio show. He kind of implied that it killed the secondary market and that was why they stopped doing it. I remember thinking that was a strange concern to have.
    I'm sure everyone complaining they did not like the artwork (and poster they could flip for a lot of money)  for the show they attended did not help either.  Or it was the main reason. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JP218404 said:

1 HELLA MEGA Hand Wipe
    correct but you KNOW that PJ could do those all and there would be ISO moist towlettes posts everywhere 
    Especially if every 100th towlette was printed in red ink instead of black 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

I'm sure everyone complaining they did not like the artwork (and poster they could flip for a lot of money)  for the show they attended did not help either.  Or it was the main reason. 
    Maybe, but that is not what I remember being said. It was a long time ago though. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

since flipping isn't allowed here, and frowned upon generally, that's either sarcasm or a really stupid thing to say. maybe it's because they realized they could profit off the secondary market as well with their charity auctions?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

since flipping isn't allowed here, and frowned upon generally, that's either sarcasm or a really stupid thing to say. maybe it's because they realized they could profit off the secondary market as well with their charity auctions?
    It did not come across as sarcasm. Someone here might have recorded those shows. I'd be curious to see how my memory holds up on this one. 

• Options
    edited September 2019
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

Maybe, but that is not what I remember being said. It was a long time ago though. 
    What they did say is what you remember.  I'm just implying that everyone complaining about the posters not meeting their expectations sight unseen  and thus not being able to sell them for profit I think also led to it. I think that may have been the main reason they stopped. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

It did not come across as sarcasm. Someone here might have recorded those shows. I'd be curious to see how my memory holds up on this one. 
    so if that's true, he basically states that 10C prefers to fuck over the fans and benefit the flippers. good to know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

What they did say is what you remember.  I'm just implying that everyone complaining about the posters not meeting their expectations sight unseen  and thus not being able to sell them for profit I think also led to it. I think that may have been the main reason they stopped. 
    I personally don't give a fuck what a poster looks like if it's a show I attended. I am admittedly not a poster nut though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

I personally don't give a fuck what a poster looks like if it's a show I attended. I am admittedly not a poster nut though. 
    Unfortunately, those people are a minority on this board. But the day of each show when the posters were available to see people went berserk that they were not the poster equivalent of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. That is a bigger reason why I think they stopped. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

Unfortunately, those people are a minority on this board. But the day of each show when the posters were available to see people went berserk that they were not the poster equivalent of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. That is a bigger reason why I think they stopped. 
    this club needs a thicker skin. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    This club needs a dose of positivity.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    Hyping it now. Status of Pearl Jam music that is being made as we speak...
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    This club needs a dose of positivity.  
    So true, a new album and tour I think will do that. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Hyping it now. Status of Pearl Jam music that is being made as we speak...
    Ohboyohboyohboy!

• Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited September 2019
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

so if that's true, he basically states that 10C prefers to fuck over the fans and benefit the flippers. good to know. 
    The secondary market benefits the artists. High demand for a particular poster makes the artist more in demand. Not only can they sell s/n artist prints (or blankets and zippos) but other bands are more willing to work with them, it drives people to their website to buy other work not related to the tour poster, etc. If you eliminate the post show delirium of people flipping and people bitching about flipping, the hype goes away and the artist isn’t nearly as successful. 
    Post edited by CW55354 on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    CW55354 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

The secondary market benefits the artists. High demand for a particular poster makes the artist more in demand. Not only can they sell s/n artist prints (or blankets and zippos) but other bands are more willing to work with them, it drives people to their website to buy other work not related to the tour poster, etc. If you eliminate the post show delirium of people flipping and people bitching about flipping, the hype goes away and the artist isn’t nearly as successful. 
    you had me at "felated". 

edit: you corrected it before I finished my post. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    CW55354 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

you had me at "felated". 

edit: you corrected it before I finished my post. LOL
    Yeah, I saw that and changed it as quick as I could. 😂 

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

I've heard a rhino's skin is 2 feet thick
  • Options
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:

I've heard a rhino's skin is 2 feet thick
    I miss that site. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    sounds like Mike downplayed the new album this morning, as in still in the writing phase. How can a band member say this and a guy in the know, Dimi, says its done??? Tour with no new album? 
  • Options
    2020 swing state tour, according to the new Halloween shirt.