2019 Tour Rumor Thread

18911131475

Comments

  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,099
    That’s one of the things I loved about the Grateful Dead. They’d do stadiums AND 90 shows per year. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • mrk2mrk2 FinlandPosts: 1,208
    Touring 90 shows per year got the frontman to his grave at the age of 53.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 55,107
    Ed said they won't be playing live for a while.

  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NYPosts: 1,077
    Milestone said:
    That’s one of the things I loved about the Grateful Dead. They’d do stadiums AND 90 shows per year. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. 
    Yeah, I think that’s beyond what you should expect from this band at this point. Quality OVER quantity.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05
    Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06
    The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09
    EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13
    GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16
  • kstkst Posts: 157
    PJ have played roughly 60 shows between 2015-18 combined.  On that basis there is absolutely no reason to think 70 shows in a single year is ever going to happen.  They do have to do laundry like the rest of us after all.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,099
    kst said:
    PJ have played roughly 60 shows between 2015-18 combined.  On that basis there is absolutely no reason to think 70 shows in a single year is ever going to happen.  They do have to do laundry like the rest of us after all.
    2015-18 are non studio album release years. 

    I know folks have railed on me about my 70 show comment. These were regular numbers in Yield, Binsural, Riot Act, and Avocado release years. I’m not completely crazy..... 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • kstkst Posts: 157
    Milestone said:
    kst said:
    PJ have played roughly 60 shows between 2015-18 combined.  On that basis there is absolutely no reason to think 70 shows in a single year is ever going to happen.  They do have to do laundry like the rest of us after all.
    2015-18 are non studio album release years. 

    I know folks have railed on me about my 70 show comment. These were regular numbers in Yield, Binsural, Riot Act, and Avocado release years. I’m not completely crazy..... 
    Listen I hope you're right.  They did play 25 dates in Q4 2013 following the release of LB and another 25 or so shows in 2014 which could be considered LB related or not.  So you could interpret that as 50 in a year for the album.  But I would be quite surprised (pleasantly) if we ever see more than 25 shows in a 12 month period.  Part of me thinks there won't be any shows in 2019 at all.  A la 17.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,099
    When’s the last time PJ played at Red Rocks? That would be a killer 2 or 3 night party. A destination show, kinda like the Gorge. I’d happily drive there with camping gear and a cooler of beer.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • ZodZod Posts: 6,028
    Milestone said:
    When’s the last time PJ played at Red Rocks? That would be a killer 2 or 3 night party. A destination show, kinda like the Gorge. I’d happily drive there with camping gear and a cooler of beer.
    It only holds 10k people.  PJ leans towards fewer dates and bigger venues rather than more dates and smaller venues.  Doesn't bode well for red rocks :(  It's on my bucket list, but I'm not sure they'll play it :(
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NYPosts: 1,077
    Milestone said:
    kst said:
    PJ have played roughly 60 shows between 2015-18 combined.  On that basis there is absolutely no reason to think 70 shows in a single year is ever going to happen.  They do have to do laundry like the rest of us after all.
    2015-18 are non studio album release years. 

    I know folks have railed on me about my 70 show comment. These were regular numbers in Yield, Binsural, Riot Act, and Avocado release years. I’m not completely crazy..... 
    Avocado was 12 years ago, they had a bit more stamina or desire to play more back then.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05
    Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06
    The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09
    EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13
    GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16
  • A couple of thoughts about # of shows & stadiums: perhaps the # of shows per year will rise in about five to ten years as the children of the band members get older and it becomes easier for them to want to get away. As for stadiums, we can only hope that they return to arenas but in the markets in the U.S. where they can play stadiums, i expect that to continue. It reminds me of the Springsteen model, why play ten shows at the former Brendan Byrne Arena when you can hit the same amount of customers in five shows at Giants Stadium? It's not great for fans to see them at stadiums but it's about economics at the end of the day. 
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,646
    edited September 2018
    Milestone said:
    kst said:
    PJ have played roughly 60 shows between 2015-18 combined.  On that basis there is absolutely no reason to think 70 shows in a single year is ever going to happen.  They do have to do laundry like the rest of us after all.
    2015-18 are non studio album release years. 

    I know folks have railed on me about my 70 show comment. These were regular numbers in Yield, Binsural, Riot Act, and Avocado release years. I’m not completely crazy..... 
    Avocado was 12 years ago, they had a bit more stamina or desire to play more back then.
    I know that I had a lot more stamina 12 years ago. I get exhausted just attending concerts these days!
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 8,298
    Milestone said:
    When’s the last time PJ played at Red Rocks? That would be a killer 2 or 3 night party. A destination show, kinda like the Gorge. I’d happily drive there with camping gear and a cooler of beer.
    They haven't been to Indy/Noblesville in 8 years...venue holds about 24K
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Pisa, ItalyPosts: 156
    Straya day, that’s pretty realistic. Do you think new album could be release for xmas? No time? 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 18,185
    For some reason I really want to see pj in Texas. Hopefully next year!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now!Posts: 4,790
    mrk2 said:
    Touring 90 shows per year got the frontman to his grave at the age of 53.
    I'm pretty sure the heavy drug use over the years mixed with Diabetes is what got him to his grave.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 13,628
    Feb-Mar:
    Ed, Stone, & Boom will tour Florida in “The Pearl League Shows”
    Jeff, Mike, & Matt will tour Arizona in “The Jam League Shows”

    Apr-Sept:
    162 dates, 3 nights each city, with Mondays and/or Thursdays off for “The Regular Season Shows.”  There is a 4-day break mid-July when they join an cast of other bands & musicians for an “All-Star Show” at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH.

    Oct-Nov:
    The band will alternate shows between 10 cities in “The Postseason Shows.” Please note that these shows are not guaranteed and will only go on if the band plays in top form and avoid any health related issues during “The Regular Season Shows.”
  • Ha, I would love to see an Ed and Stone only tour.   I immediately think of the Family Guy episode where Peter and Quagmire go on the road and things unravel quickly.  They might last 3 shows.
  • Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WIPosts: 900
    They obviously have a lot of studio work to do to "finish" this new album per Ed's comments in Boston.  From the sound of it, they aren't going to be playing another show until that album is out, so I think the best we can hope for is that album gets out sooner than later where we could actually get a couple U.S. warm up/album release shows, then some Euro festivals in the summer, and then some fall U.S. dates....but realistically that album probably isn't going to out till late 2019 at best which, to me, means it's a very real possibility we don't see any real dates until 2020 besides maybe a one off fest show or something like that.  I don't want to be right, but I'm mentally preparing myself for a totally dry 2019.
  • I can't see them taking off 2017 completely, and then 2019 as well.  If so, that really sucks because that means the trend of playing 10-20 shows a year (great for the traveling fan, bad for the non-traveler) would be over and they would be a part-time part-time band at best.
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,646
    Feb-Mar:
    Ed, Stone, & Boom will tour Florida in “The Pearl League Shows”
    Jeff, Mike, & Matt will tour Arizona in “The Jam League Shows”

    Apr-Sept:
    162 dates, 3 nights each city, with Mondays and/or Thursdays off for “The Regular Season Shows.”  There is a 4-day break mid-July when they join an cast of other bands & musicians for an “All-Star Show” at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH.

    Oct-Nov:
    The band will alternate shows between 10 cities in “The Postseason Shows.” Please note that these shows are not guaranteed and will only go on if the band plays in top form and avoid any health related issues during “The Regular Season Shows.”
    As a baseball fan, I truly appreciate this post.
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,646
    ...I just hope that no one goes on the 60-show DL or no band member tests positive for PEDs (wine?) and gets an 80-show suspension!
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WAPosts: 8,639
    edited September 2018
    Ha, I would love to see an Ed and Stone only tour.   I immediately think of the Family Guy episode where Peter and Quagmire go on the road and things unravel quickly.  They might last 3 shows.

    I would pony up to see Ed & Stone at Benaroya Hall or The Moore or even The Neptune Theater here in Seattle would be rad
    pearl-jam-cameron-crowe.jpg
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,199
    Edved007 said:
    They obviously have a lot of studio work to do to "finish" this new album per Ed's comments in Boston.  From the sound of it, they aren't going to be playing another show until that album is out, so I think the best we can hope for is that album gets out sooner than later where we could actually get a couple U.S. warm up/album release shows, then some Euro festivals in the summer, and then some fall U.S. dates....but realistically that album probably isn't going to out till late 2019 at best which, to me, means it's a very real possibility we don't see any real dates until 2020 besides maybe a one off fest show or something like that.  I don't want to be right, but I'm mentally preparing myself for a totally dry 2019.
    Pretty much spot on. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 13,628
    rummy said:
    ...I just hope that no one goes on the 60-show DL or no band member tests positive for PEDs (wine?) and gets an 80-show suspension!
    :lol:
    Hopefully Mike doesn’t play too hard and end up needing Les Paul Surgery.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 634
    Believe this info or not, but I talked to my friend who is directly affiliated with one of the band members. He has had really good info in the past, although I try to not bother him about it. 
       According to one of the band members, most of the music on next album is already done. Didn’t ask for details or release date, but it’s coming sooner than later. Not sure how long production and all that stuff is, but that’s what he told me. Also told me they are playing South America next year as him and his family are planning their vacation to coincide with tour. I didn’t ask countries or even time frame. He didn’t mention any other regions, although I’m sure they are playing other regions and again I don’t like to push for info. If I hear more I’ll post it but again he’s definitely always in the know. Cheers 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 10,357
    Edved007 said:They obviously have a lot of studio work to do to "finish" this new album per Ed's comments in Boston.  From the sound of it, they aren't going to be playing another show until that album is out, so I think the best we can hope for is that album gets out sooner than later where we could actually get a couple U.S. warm up/album release shows, then some Euro festivals in the summer, and then some fall U.S. dates....but realistically that album probably isn't going to out till late 2019 at best which, to me, means it's a very real possibility we don't see any real dates until 2020 besides maybe a one off fest show or something like that.  I don't want to be right, but I'm mentally preparing myself for a totally dry 2019.
    100% agree. Who knows with this band.

  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,099
    I wish PJ did something similar to Neil Young. Play new songs live before the album is out. Road test them, perfect them, change what’s not working, ect..... then go record it. 

    I recall seeing Neil play his Greendale album in its entirety before it was even released. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NYPosts: 1,077
    jmug23 said:
    Believe this info or not, but I talked to my friend who is directly affiliated with one of the band members. He has had really good info in the past, although I try to not bother him about it. 
       According to one of the band members, most of the music on next album is already done. Didn’t ask for details or release date, but it’s coming sooner than later. Not sure how long production and all that stuff is, but that’s what he told me. Also told me they are playing South America next year as him and his family are planning their vacation to coincide with tour. I didn’t ask countries or even time frame. He didn’t mention any other regions, although I’m sure they are playing other regions and again I don’t like to push for info. If I hear more I’ll post it but again he’s definitely always in the know. Cheers 
    Thank you!! Just the fact that the album is mostly done is good to hear. :sunglasses:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05
    Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06
    The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09
    EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13
    GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16
  • Hey I got no reason to call BS. Thanks for the info.   
Sign In or Register to comment.