Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Gonna be an exciting next few weeks!
  • Options
    cwoycheesecwoycheese Springfield, Missouri Posts: 26
    I don't care where they are in the US, I will travel multiple times next year to make up for lost time. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I need a Canadian tour. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    PLEASE play a show in NASHVILLE FFS!! We haven’t had a show since 2003!! Don’t you dare skip us for Bonnaroo again. 
    Yeah, I'd like to drive only two hours to a show for a change!  Too bad Starwood is a parking lot or something now.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    I don't care where they are in the US, I will travel multiple times next year to make up for lost time. 
    Fuckin-A-right!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    biosfear said:
    As much as I'm hoping for an Australian tour in Feb/March 2019, I'm beginning to think that the album and the Australian tour will be later in the year. I recently heard someone suggest this initerary, which sounds more likely than a full on 2019:

- US/Canada - June/July 2019
    - New album - Aug/Sept 2019
    - Australia/NZ - Oct/Nov 2019 
    - Europe - June 2020
    - South America - Oct/Nov 2020
    My god, I hope you're wrong with the Australian Tour timings. If it's then end of 2019, that will nearly be 6 years since the Jan 2014 tour. I know that some countries have it a lot worse, but that's too long to wait. I'd take an EV summer solo tour in Jan/Feb to get us through though
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    biosfear said:
    As much as I'm hoping for an Australian tour in Feb/March 2019, I'm beginning to think that the album and the Australian tour will be later in the year. I recently heard someone suggest this initerary, which sounds more likely than a full on 2019:

- Europe - June 2020
    Ed said they wouldn't tour in October anymore, and I think he's serious about that
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • Options
    biosfearbiosfear Melbourne, Australia Posts: 19
    No Coder said:
    biosfear said:

- Europe - June 2020
    My god, I hope you're wrong with the Australian Tour timings. If it's then end of 2019, that will nearly be 6 years since the Jan 2014 tour. I know that some countries have it a lot worse, but that's too long to wait. I'd take an EV summer solo tour in Jan/Feb to get us through though
    I hope I'm completely wrong too, but they only seem to tour here to promote an album, and who knows if they will complete the album in the next few months. Maybe we'll get an EV solo tour early next year? BDO 2014 was a rubbish idea, but it was better than nothing. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

CopperTom said:
    rummy said:
    Europe would surprise me the most. Aside from 2006/2007 and the few shows they played in 2009 before the 2010 tour, they haven't played the continent in back to back years - especially lately.
    No way they tour Europe again considering they haven't toured the west coast since 2013 and the Midwest since 2014. 
    they tour europe every 2 ywear(if wasnt for terrorist attack they would do the 2016 tour as well and twice the last 12 years bac k to back years..they fior sure tour more to europe than west usa,its obvious..and one is irrelavent to the other.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765

CopperTom said:
    rummy said:
    Europe would surprise me the most. Aside from 2006/2007 and the few shows they played in 2009 before the 2010 tour, they haven't played the continent in back to back years - especially lately.
    No way they tour Europe again considering they haven't toured the west coast since 2013 and the Midwest since 2014. 
    they tour europe every 2 ywear(if wasnt for terrorist attack they would do the 2016 tour as well and twice the last 12 years bac k to back years..they fior sure tour more to europe than west usa,its obvious..and one is irrelavent to the other.

I think there random festival commitments in 2016 had more to do with it than that.  Bonnaroo, Telluride, Pemberton... combined with the logistics of Wrigley and Fenway.

At the end of the day, it will be an unpopular opinion, but I would much rather them play more shows at smaller venues, and put a cap on how many shows a member can get tickets to.  For example if they play 40 shows, you can submit lottery for however many you want, but when you hit say your 4th or 5th or something, you are done.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641
    edited August 2018
    PB11041 said:

CopperTom said:
    rummy said:

I think there random festival commitments in 2016 had more to do with it than that.  Bonnaroo, Telluride, Pemberton... combined with the logistics of Wrigley and Fenway.

At the end of the day, it will be an unpopular opinion, but I would much rather them play more shows at smaller venues, and put a cap on how many shows a member can get tickets to.  For example if they play 40 shows, you can submit lottery for however many you want, but when you hit say your 4th or 5th or something, you are done.  

Small venues with tickets at $250+? The only way they make same $ as festivals/stadiums/parks.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180

CopperTom said:
    rummy said:

Was the 2016 Euro tour really locked in? I remember around the time you were certain it would happen
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,957
    Cal.PJ.C said:

CopperTom said:
    rummy said:

Was the 2016 Euro tour really locked in? I remember around the time you were certain it would happen

i have a very good friend who is a personal friend of the portuguese promoter who does Nos Alive and they were schedule to play there is 2016 but after the bataclan attack everything changed.
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Come on Boise, Salt Lake City, Denver, and Vegas!!!
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    PHX/TUS please!
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited August 2018
    Delete
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    For north America, 8 west coast shows, 8 midwest/midsouth shows, 4 Canadian shows and maybe a couple of 2 night stands in philly, NYC, or DC would make a lot of sense and make a lot of people happy
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    PLEASE play a show in NASHVILLE FFS!! We haven’t had a show since 2003!! Don’t you dare skip us for Bonnaroo again. 
    YES! I might be hitting up Nashville/Memphis/NOLA this year and will plan it around the tour only if its not festival shows, I recently looked and couldn't believe they pretty much only do Bonarroo and NOJF now down there. What a bummer. 
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    So, I've got some SPECULATIONS, 

October/November- Finish Recording
    December/January- Band does their family stuff and mixes and masters get completed
    March/April- Single Drops and shortly after we get tour announcement 
    Early Summer- Album Drop (with possible OZ tour) 
    September- Canadian Tour 
    November/December- US Tour

Now let me elaborate on my thought process, we KNOW that they're one about half finished the record, so theres no chance of anything else happening this year. Mixing and mastering will take at least a month or two. Which then they need to get the artwork and promo stuff either started or completed. They can then release their single and announce a tour, and typically that will mean at least two months till the album. possibly three, with preorders and such. Typically in North America, not sure about OZ for tours this size they're announced at least five months prior to it starting which would put Canada in at late August early September, which is when they typically tour Canada in the past. Assuming Ed was serious about not touring in October I'd imagine they start their US tour after that. This is all speculation and have no concrete evidence beyond Jeff saying the albums only half complete and hearing from the same guy who predicted the HomeXAway shows and dates before the announcement that a Canadian tour was happening... All we can do now is wait.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    RobZ said:
    Boise they should play at Albertson Stadium

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    Rogers center 2 night stand please.  Skip the acc this time.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2018
    I’ve always wanted a modern era Northwest Tour:

Medford, OR
    Eugene, OR
    Portland, OR
    Bend, OR
    Boise, ID
    Twin Falls, ID
    Kalispell, ID
    Spokane, WA
    Gorge, WA
    Olympia, WA
    Bellingham, WA
    Vancouver, BC
    Victoria, BC
    Seattle, WA

How about it? Ha ha ha Never gonna happen. 
    Post edited by Milestone on
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    jefft said:
    That would be cool but I wasn't impressed with the sound for the Foos show.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    RobZ said:
    Boise they should play at Albertson Stadium

Great photo Hank...but I'm hoping for the "Taco Bell Arena" in Boise --2019...these stadium shows are getting old......
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    Let's play the big outdoor parks next year.  Gorge, alpine, red rocks, etc.
  • Options
    Well, tour is over. Lets get these rumors swirling!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Ahem....Dimi!!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jhager79 said:
    jefft said:
    That would be cool but I wasn't impressed with the sound for the Foos show.
    Would much rather see them at the molson amphitheater again. With the fireworks after like last time.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    Milestone said:
    I’ve always wanted a modern era Northwest Tour:

Medford, OR
    Eugene, OR
    Portland, OR
    Bend, OR
    Boise, ID
    Twin Falls, ID
    Kalispell, ID
    Spokane, WA
    Gorge, WA
    Olympia, WA
    Bellingham, WA
    Vancouver, BC
    Victoria, BC
    Seattle, WA

How about it? Ha ha ha Never gonna happen. 
    I'd probably shit a brick if they played here (Victoria, BC) but like you said, it would never happen.  City/Venue is too small.  PJ is leaning towards smaller tours and bigger venues :(
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    Chadplam said:
    So, I've got some SPECULATIONS, 

October/November- Finish Recording
    December/January- Band does their family stuff and mixes and masters get completed
    March/April- Single Drops and shortly after we get tour announcement 
    Early Summer- Album Drop (with possible OZ tour) 
    September- Canadian Tour 
    November/December- US Tour

Now let me elaborate on my thought process, we KNOW that they're one about half finished the record, so theres no chance of anything else happening this year. Mixing and mastering will take at least a month or two. Which then they need to get the artwork and promo stuff either started or completed. They can then release their single and announce a tour, and typically that will mean at least two months till the album. possibly three, with preorders and such. Typically in North America, not sure about OZ for tours this size they're announced at least five months prior to it starting which would put Canada in at late August early September, which is when they typically tour Canada in the past. Assuming Ed was serious about not touring in October I'd imagine they start their US tour after that. This is all speculation and have no concrete evidence beyond Jeff saying the albums only half complete and hearing from the same guy who predicted the HomeXAway shows and dates before the announcement that a Canadian tour was happening... All we can do now is wait.
    I think the major issue is the allocation of 2 months to finish the album.  I don't think they're as far a long as we'd hope.  I think the struggle is real when it comes to making new music.  If they're intention is to finish it before going on tour again, they may not want to make plans in cause it takes a while.