Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    Ed said tonight during Fenwayy that the next time the band is playing music together after tonight is in the studio. So i think 19 mid-year album with summer/fall tours is going to happen.. Just a matter of how large they do the USA. 

Someone said it earlier and I agree... I love that i Just got to see them at Fenway 4x in the last couple years but im totally ready to go back to arena tour for them!!!  The 13 shows in Worcester and Hartford and Charlottesville were absolutely insane crowds in some of the smaller places like that... Fenway/Wrigley has been awesome but going to be harder to make any future shows there any more special than either Fenway 2 show or the Safeco shows. 
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Hope those early 2019 Australian rumors still hold true.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Zod said:
    Chadplam said:
    So, I've got some SPECULATIONS, 

October/November- Finish Recording
    December/January- Band does their family stuff and mixes and masters get completed
    March/April- Single Drops and shortly after we get tour announcement 
    Early Summer- Album Drop (with possible OZ tour) 
    September- Canadian Tour 
    November/December- US Tour

Now let me elaborate on my thought process, we KNOW that they're one about half finished the record, so theres no chance of anything else happening this year. Mixing and mastering will take at least a month or two. Which then they need to get the artwork and promo stuff either started or completed. They can then release their single and announce a tour, and typically that will mean at least two months till the album. possibly three, with preorders and such. Typically in North America, not sure about OZ for tours this size they're announced at least five months prior to it starting which would put Canada in at late August early September, which is when they typically tour Canada in the past. Assuming Ed was serious about not touring in October I'd imagine they start their US tour after that. This is all speculation and have no concrete evidence beyond Jeff saying the albums only half complete and hearing from the same guy who predicted the HomeXAway shows and dates before the announcement that a Canadian tour was happening... All we can do now is wait.
    I think the major issue is the allocation of 2 months to finish the album.  I don't think they're as far a long as we'd hope.  I think the struggle is real when it comes to making new music.  If they're intention is to finish it before going on tour again, they may not want to make plans in cause it takes a while.
    True...if I'm hoping for the best, I'd guess the timeline stretches out more like this:

Jan/May 2019- Finish Recording
    Summer- Mix/Master Album
    October- New Single
    December- New Album
    March/April - 30th Anniversary Tour 2020
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 495
    edited September 2018
    Zod said: koo
    Chadplam said:

December/January- Band does their family stuff and mixes and masters get completed
    September- Canadian Tour 

Now let me elaborate on my thought process, we KNOW that they're one about half finished the record, so theres no chance of anything else happening this year. Mixing and mastering will take at least a month or two. Which then they need to get the artwork and promo stuff either started or completed. They can then release their single and announce a tour, and typically that will mean at least two months till the album. possibly three, with preorders and such. Typically in North America, not sure about OZ for tours this size they're announced at least five months prior to it starting which would put Canada in at late August early September, which is when they typically tour Canada in the past. Assuming Ed was serious about not touring in October I'd imagine they start their US tour after that. This is all speculation and have no concrete evidence beyond Jeff saying the albums only half complete and hearing from the same guy who predicted the HomeXAway shows and dates before the announcement that a Canadian tour was happening... All we can do now is wait.
    I think the major issue is the allocation of 2 months to finish the album.  I don't think they're as far a long as we'd hope.  I think the struggle is real when it comes to making new music.  If they're intention is to finish it before going on tour again, they may not want to make plans in cause it takes a while.
    I don't get the need to write a new album.  Just release singles or some EPs going forward we don't need 12 songs with a cohesive vision anymore.  They released can't deny me.  release a studio version of the earth, cold confession, maybe a song they completed for the new album.  Their money is in touring and merch, less in albums.  I think most fans would be stoked with s new song every 3 months or so.
    Post edited by MK88178 on
  • Options
    kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733
    Zod said:

True...if I'm hoping for the best, I'd guess the timeline stretches out more like this:

Jan/May 2019- Finish Recording
    Summer- Mix/Master Album
    October- New Single
    December- New Album
    March/April - 30th Anniversary Tour 2020
    I'm hoping for this too! If it's anything like Lightening Bolt, that came out in October '13. They did some East/West coast in the fall, and then Midwest in fall of '14. (I'm from MN and it would work out perfect for me again if they came back for a run in '20). come on!
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 161
    Maybe a solo Ed tour then in 2019... 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    MK88178 said:
    Zod said: koo
    Chadplam said:

September- Canadian Tour 

I don't get the need to write a new album.  Just release singles or some EPs going forward we don't need 12 songs with a cohesive vision anymore.  They released can't deny me.  release a studio version of the earth, cold confession, maybe a song they completed for the new album.  Their money is in touring and merch, less in albums.  I think most fans would be stoked with s new song every 3 months or so.
    Good point. There seems to be less and less need for albums - especially in this day and age of "cherry picking" songs of iTunes....UNLESS, they have some plans for a big "concept album" like The Wall? ...nah.
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    jhager79 said:
    jefft said:
    Rogers center 2 night stand please.  Skip the acc this time.
    That would be cool but I wasn't impressed with the sound for the Foos show.
    Funny I was there as well.  I was beside the stage and thought it sounded great.

I was also there the next night for zac brown I was on level 2 for that one and it seemed fine for us there too.

I did hear people complain though. About an echo.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,932
    i just hope Pearl Jam doesnt tour Europe on the summer...that would mean Festival dates for Portugal for sure :(
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I just hope we/they arent married to the stadium/ballpark show scene.  I wont do it anymore.

• Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 611
    MayDay10 said:
    I just hope we/they arent married to the stadium/ballpark show scene.  I wont do it anymore.

I will RELUCTANTLY if I must do it again 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I would prefer arenas.  However, stadium shows and festivals are better than no shows.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    It just feels like I am fighting crowds more time than enjoying myself. Viewing/listening angle is unpredictable/poor. Gigantic 'floor'. need to squeeze up front (which would require waiting a day and a half minimum), or else it feels like you are a mile from the stage. Big-time weather concern for shows that require a lot of planning and money to attend.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited September 2018
    RobZ said:
    RobZ said:
    Come on Boise, Salt Lake City, Denver, and Vegas!!!
    Boise they should play at Albertson Stadium

Great photo Hank...but I'm hoping for the "Taco Bell Arena" in Boise --2019...these stadium shows are getting old......
    I was thinking about ticket availability, it will be really hard to get decent tickets at the Arena, the demand would be super high for tickets for a show in Boise, so my choice of venue is a kind of a selfish one, any show in the great PNW I am going, if the play it. I will come
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    edited September 2018
    CopperTom said:
    I would prefer arenas.  However, stadium shows and festivals are better than no shows.

• Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    jefft said:
    jhager79 said:
    jefft said:
    Funny I was there as well.  I was beside the stage and thought it sounded great.

I was also there the next night for zac brown I was on level 2 for that one and it seemed fine for us there too.

I did hear people complain though. About an echo.
    I was in 128 2nd last row, might have been the overhang from 200's . Still a good show though. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    jhager79 said:
    jefft said:
    Would much rather see them at the molson amphitheater again. With the fireworks after like last time.
    I wish they would play Amphitheater again,  surprised they haven't played there in almost 10 yrs. I do like the ACC for parking and food options though.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    How about Minnesota? Chicago isn't the only city in between the Atlantic and pacific oceans. :-)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    jhager79 said:
    jhager79 said:
    jefft said:
    Would much rather see them at the molson amphitheater again. With the fireworks after like last time.
    I wish they would play Amphitheater again,  surprised they haven't played there in almost 10 yrs. I do like the ACC for parking and food options though.
    I love the ampitheatre for any show.  Much better than acc imo.  When the cne is not on parking is great there.
  • Options
    All for studio version “of the earth”
  • Options
    Ed will be here in Dec 2018. That's a long way to go for one show. Should warm up with a solo tour across Australia/NZ in Nov and then jump across the Indian Ocean.  

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/south-africa/

• Options
    Trading StoriesTrading Stories Boston Posts: 84
    Boston Please
    Hartford 9/13/98, Montreal 6/29/03, Mansfield 7/2/03 7/3/03 7/11/03, Boston 9/28/04, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08 6/30/08, Chicago 8/24/09, Boston 5/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11 9/4/11, Worcester 10/15 10/16, Hartford 10/25 Fenway 1&2 EV - Boston 8/1 8/2, Albany 8/6
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    Hopefully a US tour including smaller markets; Des Moines, IA, Indianapolis, Madison, WI, Kansas City, Grand Rapids, Houston, Wichita, and San Antonio.  Not everybody lives near the coasts.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 495
    Hopefully a US tour including smaller markets; Des Moines, IA, Indianapolis, Madison, WI, Kansas City, Grand Rapids, Houston, Wichita, and San Antonio.  Not everybody lives near the coasts.
    Love that Houston is now considered a small market. I get your point though.
  • Options
    MK88178 said:
    Love that Houston is now considered a small market. I get your point though.
    Your comment about Houston made me smile.  Ironic that Houston is one of the largest markets, but no PJ show since 2003, need two shows in Houston.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Raleigh is owed a show for sure, people that had 10C tickets for the cancelled show should get them automatically if they want them.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    pulling69 said:
    Raleigh is owed a show for sure, people that had 10C tickets for the cancelled show should get them automatically if they want them.
    Exactly
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    jefft said:
    Rogers Centre is the worst venue for concerts. Sound is terrible. ACC is the best Toronto has for now for large capacity shows
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    And apart from Japan, I hope they also return to the cities they played back in ‘95 - Singapore, Manila, Taipei, Bangkok.
    Singapore would be incredible 
  • Options
    jefft said:
    Rogers Centre is the worst venue for concerts. Sound is terrible. ACC is the best Toronto has for now for large capacity shows
    I agree with the Rogers Centre not being great for concerts but it has a retractable roof which enables people to make plans without worrying about thunderstorms.  I saw U2 there on a nice night in June 2017 and it was more than fine.  Anyway it seems very early and speculative to discuss the next tour already.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing until 2020, not that I don't hope for something sooner.  I'd be good with an EV solo NA arena tour next spring, if nothing else.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023