Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    You could just sell your entire smartphone.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Kearn5y said:
    Can a Ticketmaster Verified Fan ticket be resold on one of their Fan to Fan resale sites?
    I was curious about this too
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    Kearn5y said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Can a Ticketmaster Verified Fan ticket be resold on one of their Fan to Fan resale sites?
    In theory yes
    all of the major reselling sites as well
    At higher prices?
    Yes.
    So its a flawed system then.
    Well yeah, any ticket reselling system is flawed if you think higher than face value = flawed. I mean, just the fact that TicketMaster has its own ticket reselling system seems like it should be completely illegal, but for some reason the powers that be allow it to happen.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    I sold my Ticketmaster Verified Fan tickets for Hamilton when I won other Hamilton tickets.

Sold them right on Ticketmaster.

Put my kids through college.

• Options
    Sprunkn7 said:
    If these changes work out I will be super duper happy.  
    1) Getting to win both nights in the same city (had us with a extras for Fenway one night, none for the next night)
    2) E-tickets / TM Verified will cut way down on scalping.
    3) Not waiting to see till day of show to see where your seats are.
    4) SECURING LOTS OF 10 CLUBS tickets is the BEST THING EVER.

Whatever glitches come up I will deal happily knowing they did their best that most of the 10 Club fans can get damn tickets!!!  Thank You 10 Club!!!!
    :rock_on:

I love knowing seats in advance!!!
    How far in advance will we get our tickets?  I didnt see that anywhere. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Wanna curb scalping even more? Wanna fix the flaw in mobile tixs? They should ask for the credit card along with ticket.  
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    1) Getting to win both nights in the same city (had us with a extras for Fenway one night, none for the next night)

Whatever glitches come up I will deal happily knowing they did their best that most of the 10 Club fans can get damn tickets!!!  Thank You 10 Club!!!!

I think early July:
    Step-by-step instructions on how to access your ticket on your phone will be sent to all Ten Club ticket holders via email when they are ready for mobile distribution. We plan to have this delivered to you by early July.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

I think it said sometime in July.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Wanna curb scalping even more? Wanna fix the flaw in mobile tixs? They should ask for the credit card along with ticket.  
    I had credit card entry for an RHCP show once.  It went smooth.  Only problem was I had a group of 4 and we all had to go in together.  I wanted to go in early and others in the group wanted to stay at the bar for a few more cocktails.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    In theory yes
    At higher prices?
    Yes.
    Well yeah, any ticket reselling system is flawed if you think higher than face value = flawed. I mean, just the fact that TicketMaster has its own ticket reselling system seems like it should be completely illegal, but for some reason the powers that be allow it to happen.
    Its an industry problem. The promoter, venue, and TM always get their allotment of tickets which end up on third party sites. Add in the ticket bots/scalpers. Then add in the fan club and presales.......by the time a show is on sale to the public there are only around 20% of the available seats really available. Maybe even less. The promoter, venue, or TM isn't going to stop it because they all benefit. THE BAND NEEDS TO MAKE DEMANDS...........but there is only so much they can do.  

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I had credit card entry for an RHCP show once.  It went smooth.  Only problem was I had a group of 4 and we all had to go in together.  I wanted to go in early and others in the group wanted to stay at the bar for a few more cocktails.

I also had paperless for the RCHP.  I went to the bathroom from the floor and realized I didn't have that tiny piece of paper they print your seat locations out when you scan your card with me and I was unable to get back onto the floor and back to my seat next to my wife.  I had to stand off to the side of the concourse for the rest of the show.  Could not talk my way back into the floor once I lost the print out thing...was a big bummer
    Gorge
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, all. 

So it sounds like the 10C member will be the ticket holder for both tickets.  I WILL be able to transfer one of my tickets to someone else, but not both tickets.  
    OR
    I can just keep both tickets on my phone, and then both of us enter at the same time. 

Right?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    I think I found a market for using outdated iphones and android phones.  My dad has like 4 samsung galaxy's for some reason, I can put the app on each one.  Basically they are disposable because he doesn't know how to use them and moves on to a more complicated phone, its a vicious cycle.

Or you can sell outdated phones preloaded with a 10C ticket to a show.  LOL 
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    tschav said:
    And that spare can be transferred only once, which means less people scooping up spares and trying to resell (ticket brokers).
    what proof is there of these being an issue? No brokers were selling tickets with a few hours before the show. A few here and there, but compared to 99.99999% of other bands, it was non existent.

This hurts the fan.
    Wrigley 2016 had plenty of brokers listing tickets with day-of-delivery (seats in 10c sections). A guy camping for night 1 had a broker deliver to him in the GA line. I know the broker is an edge case of someone abusing the system, but limiting the amount of transfers or making it difficult to resell more than single tickets is worth the experiment for 7 shows.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    gatorjam said:
    I think I found a market for using outdated iphones and android phones.  My dad has like 4 samsung galaxy's for some reason, I can put the app on each one.  Basically they are disposable because he doesn't know how to use them and moves on to a more complicated phone, its a vicious cycle.

Or you can sell outdated phones preloaded with a 10C ticket to a show.  LOL 
    No need for a particular app unless you are referring to an email app.
    just access to email is all that is needed
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Vedd Hedd said:

So it sounds like the 10C member will be the ticket holder for both tickets.  I WILL be able to transfer one of my tickets to someone else, but not both tickets.  
    OR
    I can just keep both tickets on my phone, and then both of us enter at the same time. 

Right?

This is what I'm wondering too....I would assume that's the case, but it wasn't clearly stated.
  • Options
    tschav said:
    tschav said:
    And that spare can be transferred only once, which means less people scooping up spares and trying to resell (ticket brokers).
    what proof is there of these being an issue? No brokers were selling tickets with a few hours before the show. A few here and there, but compared to 99.99999% of other bands, it was non existent.

This hurts the fan.
    Wrigley 2016 had plenty of brokers listing tickets with day-of-delivery (seats in 10c sections). A guy camping for night 1 had a broker deliver to him in the GA line. I know the broker is an edge case of someone abusing the system, but limiting the amount of transfers or making it difficult to resell more than single tickets is worth the experiment for 7 shows.  
    Agreed.  We all got too complacent with the old ticket rules.  This spices things and adds more strategery!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I also had paperless for the RCHP.  I went to the bathroom from the floor and realized I didn't have that tiny piece of paper they print your seat locations out when you scan your card with me and I was unable to get back onto the floor and back to my seat next to my wife.  I had to stand off to the side of the concourse for the rest of the show.  Could not talk my way back into the floor once I lost the print out thing...was a big bummer
    Thats an organizational problem. PJ gets you a wristband once you are in that gets you in and out of GA
  • Options
    Did I miss details? Can't you print from phone once received and use that as ticket?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    JimmyV said:
    People are always begging them to do something about scalpers. Well...here we are. I have some concerns about how this will all work but I'm willing to give it a shot.
    I'd argue that anything that doesn't require in-person pick-up is way easier for scalpers to infiltrate.  I won't get into details of what problems I see arising here.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Vedd Hedd said:

OR

Right?

This is what I'm wondering too....I would assume that's the case, but it wasn't clearly stated.
    That will be the default way of getting in. Transferring a ticket to your guest would be the same process as transferring your extra ticket to someone you sold it to. You won't be able to do that until some time closer to the show, and it sounds like a ticket can only be transferred once. So by default you will have both of the tickets on your phone. Only reason you'd need to transfer it to your +1 is if they will not be going through the gate with you.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    rey said:

What about this one?  In the past, I thought we could sell them (after picking them up) for face value.

- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and possible loss of membership.

That won’t change for your +1 but you can’t sell a pair. Just get what you need and not multiple pairs, easy!
    If this means that whatever you put in for you're likely to get (which the email hints at), then that's cool.

If it doesn't though, it kind of sucks. My gf and I are both 10c members. Normally we could both put in for the same show, giving us pretty good odds of ending up with tickets, and if we both happened to win we could just resell the extra pair at face or give to friends. Now it seems we can't both put in for that show, because if we both win then the second pair is not re-sellable.

You can totally both put in for the show. If you both win, then you both just find +1s, and, assuming you're talking seats and not GA, you just switch seats with one of your +1s so you can sit together. So you can find another couple and they can sit together as well. You just won't all be in your assigned seats, but that makes no difference.
    Except that in most venues you need to show your ticket to get to your seat. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Did I miss details? Can't you print from phone once received and use that as ticket?
    While they didn't explicitly say that you will not be able to print out the ticket, they did say that the tickets would be scanned directly from the screen of your mobile phone.  I don't think they'll be scanning paper copies. The whole point of the mobile thing is to reduce scalping. If people could just print their mobile tickets ahead of time for scanning, that would defeat the whole premise of mobile tickets.

Ten Club Mobile Tickets:
     No will call. No physical tickets. In order to distribute tickets more efficiently, Ten Club will be delivering all Ten Club tickets directly to your smart phone. Mobile ticket delivery requires an iPhone or Android smart phone. Instead of scanning a physical ticket at the gate, members will access tickets through their smartphone and scan directly from the screen of your mobile device. Step-by-step instructions on how to access your ticket on your phone will be sent to all Ten Club ticket holders via email when they are ready for mobile distribution. We plan to have this delivered to you by early July.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    i don't have a smart phone. never needed one and i am certainly not going to get one for 2 shows that are not even in my home town. which is a big disappointment as i was hoping to go back to seattle again.
    they should have gone paperless. scan at the door with your credit card. that system has been proven to work
    but i guess i'm in the minority here. oh well...
    I don't have a smart phone either and never had a desire to get one. I guess the fact that I don't want to see them in a stadium means it doesn't really matter!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    How will they prevent the ticket from only being accessed by the "assigned" phone?  What if you change phones in the meantime?  I guess I don't understand how they will restrict the tickets to the original buyer.
  • Options
    How will they prevent the ticket from only being accessed by the "assigned" phone?  What if you change phones in the meantime?  I guess I don't understand how they will restrict the tickets to the original buyer.
    It won't be stored on your phone itself. Most likely you'll have to access ticketmaster and get your ticket there or via their app. Its no different than how ticketmaster handles mobile tickets now. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    In theory yes
    At higher prices?
    Yes.
    Its an industry problem. The promoter, venue, and TM always get their allotment of tickets which end up on third party sites. Add in the ticket bots/scalpers. Then add in the fan club and presales.......by the time a show is on sale to the public there are only around 20% of the available seats really available. Maybe even less. The promoter, venue, or TM isn't going to stop it because they all benefit. THE BAND NEEDS TO MAKE DEMANDS...........but there is only so much they can do.  

The band making demands won't do anything - I think PJ proved that back in the 90s, lol. The only thing that will make a difference is the politicians. The lawmakers. And they don't seem overly anxious to try very hard to solve this unscrupulous situation.
  • Options
    It won't be stored on your phone itself. Most likely you'll have to access ticketmaster and get your ticket there or via their app. Its no different than how ticketmaster handles mobile tickets now. 
    Then you can easily share that.....
  • Options
    There are still people who have flip-phones, seriously.

I agree, I had been asking for credit card/immediate entry for years.  Worked great for U2 for the last 10 years.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I don't think it will be assigned to the phone itself. That obviously wouldn't work because people replace their phones all the time. Sounds like it will either be assigned to the phone number or there will be some kind of online login. Unless they check every ID outside and inside, there will be no way to guarantee only the original buyer is using it, but hell, there is only so much one can do.