Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by Bruins24 on
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    choop said:
    I don't understand. In what way does this make things different from before, and selling your spare? 

(Except for the wife-example)
    People weren’t selling the spares, they sell the pair that was not as good as other pairs. 
    And that spare can be transferred only once, which means less people scooping up spares and trying to resell (ticket brokers).
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    edited January 2018
    So I get everyones thought here that if you AND your wife/concert partner should only enter the higher number....but, and maybe im missing something, will you have priority entry again? Like 1st choice, 2nd, etc? Because if you do that would be risky if trying to go to say both Boston shows. I have the better number so if I only enter with Boston 1 being first choice and Boston 2 being second and win  Boston 1 but lose Boston 2....wouldn't it have made sense for her to try for Boston 2 as her first choice increasing our odds?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Bruins24 said:
    I noticed there’s no mention of lottery for rows 1 & 2 this time for Fenway. I wonder if that’s really changing or just not mentioned. 
    I hope they come back!!!  Give the small man some hope haha
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    This definitely impacts 10c ticket buddies/groups
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm really happy about these changes because of this. The wheeling and dealing that went on between groups of friends before seemed kind of slippery to me. This kind of evens out the playing field a bit, and I'm glad.
    How is it slippery if they're sold for face value? 
    I just mean they way members do it. I'm not talking about upselling. For example, I once had a spare ticket so I put it out there that I was looking for a ticket buddy who could have my other GA ticket for face value. So a long-time 10C member responded and said he was all over it, and that we'd enjoy the show together, and he'd meet me at the venue. Well when I got there I discovered that the guy had about 6 other long-term 10C member friends who had been in the GA line all day without tickets. He gave the ticket I gave him to one of them, he already had his own. The other 5 in line had managed the same thing. So now they are all up at the head of the line being line nazis and snatching GA singles from people who have to go to the back of the line alone. That's what I mean by slippery business. I am really glad people like this are now largely going to be shut down because they can't separate the ticket from the original owner now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    Can a Ticketmaster Verified Fan ticket be resold on one of their Fan to Fan resale sites?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm really happy about these changes because of this. The wheeling and dealing that went on between groups of friends before seemed kind of slippery to me. This kind of evens out the playing field a bit, and I'm glad.
    I just mean they way members do it. I'm not talking about upselling. For example, I once had a spare ticket so I put it out there that I was looking for a ticket buddy who could have my other GA ticket for face value. So a long-time 10C member responded and said he was all over it, and that we'd enjoy the show together, and he'd meet me at the venue. Well when I got there I discovered that the guy had about 6 other long-term 10C member friends who had been in the GA line all day without tickets. He gave the ticket I gave him to one of them, he already had his own. The other 5 in line had managed the same thing. So now they are all up at the head of the line being line nazis and snatching GA singles from people who have to go to the back of the line alone. That's what I mean by slippery business. I am really glad people like this are now largely going to be shut down because they can't separate the ticket from the original owner now.
    Oh well that's messed up!  Anytime I ever sold extra tix I did it for face value and I never backed out of a deal.  
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    choop said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    I haven’t seen a show since 2013 but I’m at over 100 and since maybe 2006 or 2008 id wager that I saw an average of 20 people making deals at every show I went to. That’s 40 people who didn’t get tix during the initial sale. Fuck, my last show I didn’t even bother putting in for tix, and sure enough day of show I could have gotten dozens (but I pulled better than 10C seats on the day of show re-release). 

Its slippery because it shuts people out initially. 
    there will be massive demand for tickets to the Seattle shows, because we have a massive homeless problem here in Seattle, and this will receive a ton of local support and get lots of publicity, so I would not be expecting to get decent seats day of the show for a reasonable price
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    The same thing can happen now though. You are now sending it to there mobile instead of to them in person. You have no clue who's cell phone the other person is giving you. 
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    If these changes work out I will be super duper happy.  
    1) Getting to win both nights in the same city (had us with a extras for Fenway one night, none for the next night)
    2) E-tickets / TM Verified will cut way down on scalping.
    3) Not waiting to see till day of show to see where your seats are.
    4) SECURING LOTS OF 10 CLUBS tickets is the BEST THING EVER.

Whatever glitches come up I will deal happily knowing they did their best that most of the 10 Club fans can get damn tickets!!!  Thank You 10 Club!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:
    1) Getting to win both nights in the same city (had us with a extras for Fenway one night, none for the next night)

Whatever glitches come up I will deal happily knowing they did their best that most of the 10 Club fans can get damn tickets!!!  Thank You 10 Club!!!!
    :rock_on:

I love knowing seats in advance!!!
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    choop said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    I haven’t seen a show since 2013 but I’m at over 100 and since maybe 2006 or 2008 id wager that I saw an average of 20 people making deals at every show I went to. That’s 40 people who didn’t get tix during the initial sale. Fuck, my last show I didn’t even bother putting in for tix, and sure enough day of show I could have gotten dozens (but I pulled better than 10C seats on the day of show re-release). 

Its slippery because it shuts people out initially. 
    there will be massive demand for tickets to the Seattle shows, because we have a massive homeless problem here in Seattle, and this will receive a ton of local support and get lots of publicity, so I would not be expecting to get decent seats day of the show for a reasonable price
    I’m only gonna go to 1 of the Home shows (I live in Portland) and it seems like 10C will get me in and I’m not at all worried about where my seat is.

But I’ve gotten friends in day of show so many times. Benaroya, Borgata, Gorge 10C seats. It’s always the same. 
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    Sprunkn7 said:

Seriously, I think all of these things will be great. When they switched to the lottery I got screwed out of being great at F5'ing a broken site, but I still found a way to get to the shows. Hopefully most of us will land tickets to multiple shows with the larger allotment of 10c tickets.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    I like the changes to for the most part though having a high # I like the opportunity to get better seats through ticket drops and selling my pair. 
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    No offense but I'm really surprised by the amount of confusion here.  It's laid out very well in the email in my opinion.  The only big change is how the tickets are distributed and I love how they're doing it because it hurts the scalpers who have one or multiple 10c accounts
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    No offense but I'm really surprised by the amount of confusion here.  It's laid out very well in the email in my opinion.  The only big change is how the tickets are distributed and I love how they're doing it because it hurts the scalpers who have one or multiple 10c accounts
    I think we are all excited and reading a little too quickly :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    KC138045 said:
    Luckily we all have two weeks to read through it with a fine toothed comb lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    KC138045 said:
    Spot on.  So excited I had to re read it like 3 times.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited January 2018
    This is a GREAT change

My biggest complaint with the lottery system was how people who buddied up or those with spouses, kids, etc could tip the lottery scales in their favor quite a bit.  People were parlaying extra pairs they won into pairs for additional shows. 
    Another side effect is people would enter seated area lottery with a good 10c number, and their newer #s bought for spouses (or just a newer member) would go toward acquiring GA tix.  As a result, the mid-seniority seat locations on about 275xxx on up was degraded.

This evens the playing field for the most part, or at least makes it much more inconvenient to shirk the system
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    tschav said:
    choop said:
    I don't understand. In what way does this make things different from before, and selling your spare? 

(Except for the wife-example)
    People weren’t selling the spares, they sell the pair that was not as good as other pairs. 
    And that spare can be transferred only once, which means less people scooping up spares and trying to resell (ticket brokers).
    what proof is there of these being an issue? No brokers were selling tickets with a few hours before the show. A few here and there, but compared to 99.99999% of other bands, it was non existent.

This hurts the fan.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    The same thing can happen now though. You are now sending it to there mobile instead of to them in person. You have no clue who's cell phone the other person is giving you. 
    Oh, lol, fuck, you're right. I actually forgot that you didn't have to enter with your +1 still. I guess I was thinking about CC entry, where you absolutely MUST enter with your +1..... Well... I really wish they were making people enter in pairs then. That would be better. Well anyway, let it just be a warning to people... don't trust some of these people - they don't give a shit about you, they just care about getting to the rail at all costs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    I completely agree the situation you described is something no one wants. That is on that 10C member for being a scammer for his friends.

We have never given a spare to someone who we didn't know deserved it. And when I say "deserve" I mean a 10C member who will use the ticket personally who got shut out of a show. I won't give spares to non 10C friends who "couldn't get tickets" because a 10C member deserves it more.

For the 10C they have a choice of limiting ticket requests to one per address or leave it as is. I do not know if there are people who have a dozen 10C accounts and put in for tickets. THAT would be a problem of a different kind. But my wife and I were 10C member loooong before we even met. So we each have our own. What should we do?

1998-08-28 Camden, 1998-08-29 Camden, 2000-09-01 Camden, 2000-09-02 Camden, 2003-04-28 Philadelphia, 2003-07-05 Camden, 2003-07-06 Camden, 2005-10-03 Philadelphia, 2006-05-27 Camden , 2006-05-28 Camden, 2006-06-01 E. Rutherford, 2006-06-03 E. Rutherford, 2008-06-19 Camden, 2008-06-20 Camden, 2008-06-28 Mansfield, 2009-06-12 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2009-10-28 Philadelphia, 2009-10-30 Philadelphia, 2009-10-31 Philadelphia, 2010-05-21 New York, 2011-06-25 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2011-09-03 East Troy PJ 20!, 2011-09-04 East Troy PJ 20!
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    KC138045 said:
    KC138045 said:
    Luckily we all have two weeks to read through it with a fine toothed comb lol
    I dont think two weeks will be long enough for some people, trust me someone will still misunderstand it and blame 10C
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    KC138045 said:
    There is always mass confusion when the ticket sales are announced on here. Even though the emails and postings on here from the TenClub are pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

I can't wait for July when the locations are sent out and people get their G.A. notifications with rows and seat numbers.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Kearn5y said:
    Can a Ticketmaster Verified Fan ticket be resold on one of their Fan to Fan resale sites?
    In theory yes
    all of the major reselling sites as well
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    In theory yes
    At higher prices?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    I like the chance at getting fanclub seats to both shows.  That would be great.  

I do think some of this verified fan stuff is going to go over some people's heads.  I have a lot of friends (and maybe it's just me and my group, haha) that will find out PJ tix are going on sale, and just log on to TM that morning and go for it.  I feel like some people will miss that you have to register and then wait to receive a code.  

I realize that there is another chance to get tix on the 21st, but I wonder if at that point, it's the worst of the bunch.  Were the verified fan tix said to be best available as well?  
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    In theory yes
    At higher prices?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    In theory yes
    At higher prices?

Yes at what ever price you think you can get for them.  You can re-sell TM verified tickets right on Ticketmaster.  They are really not interested in keeping tickets out of the hands of scalpers, they are more interested in keeping the secondary tickets on scalper sites ticketmaster owns and not Stubhub and other sites ticketmaster is in competition with.  Verified makes it harder to sell on Stubhub, but easier to re-sell on Ticketmaster.
    Gorge
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    In theory yes
    At higher prices?
    Yes.
    So its a flawed system then.
    Kearnsy