Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    Sarava said:
    Ok my bad, I assumed he/she was talking about fan club tickets. 

If he/she does get a presale code from verified ticketmaster fan thing, GA will not be available. They said the entire GA sections are reserved for the fan club. They will likely be mediocre seats, as Ten Club seems to have all the best seats reserved for it's members.
    They will for sure have the best seats but do not expect them to have all of the best seats. You will be able to grab turf and lower level seats that will be much better then my high 10 club number seats are going to score me. 
  • Options
    RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    PJNB said:
    So my wife and I are going to Fenway. We are both members and both should be able to try for tickets. Now if we both win for the same show we can not sit together it looks like or we have to sell one of our tickets each and just tell the person that ticket isn't really theirs but the other extra is. Makes things very hard for people looking to do multiple shows and have partners that are just as big as fans as they are. 
    Unless it is like Ticketmaster paperless, they scan your phone going in and give you a paper receipt with your seat info.  Wish 10c explained that better. 

Also, if your phone dies while in line at the bathroom or for a beer, you are screwed. 
    Once you're in get  and get GA wristbands this eradicates the need to show your phone right?
  • Options
    RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    I've always printed my ticket invoice for every e-ticket for safe measures in case phone runs out or can't get signal etc. gives you peace of mind knowing nothing will happen. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    so if my buddy and I win ga tickets and only need 2 of the 4 tickets we can sell the other 2 via singles?  correct?
    Correct... it definitely suits GA folks better... people like my GF & I that prefer Reserved are kind of getting screwed with this change... hopefully we can still win tix for both nights :)
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    rey said:
    the cutoff date for signing up was yesterday 01.23.2018, you just have to have a Ticketmaster account which is simple to register for, this is what I received on screen after signing up 

Ten club tix and Ticketmaster tix are separate
    oh no, I understand that, I was going to try and get some seats lower level side stage, either on Mike or Stone's side (I prefer this for bathroom access, but if I am unsuccessful, I will go for Ten Club tickets
    Ten Club lottery is before the Ticketmaster sale.
    well if I don't get the Ten Club tickets, then I will go for the Ticketmaster tickets, either way it's a back up plan
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This definitely impacts 10c ticket buddies/groups
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    Sarava said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    NOWHERE does it say anything about scanning IDs
    Right. The venue would have to be crazy to agree to scanning phone codes AND to compare photo IDs to the info on the phone for every single ticket holder, both outside and inside the venue. That just isn't practical.
    I don't think it's anymore work than concerts that are ticketless and they look at your CC and ID when you enter. Those types of shows are more and more common.

The reason I'm thinking they will do this is - how the heck are they going to enforce the actual fan member using the tickets otherwise? People could enter their buddy's phone number (or the phone number of the guy they sell the tickets to) in to the system otherwise, and thus easily transfer/sell the tickets that way.
    Well, the last time I saw a show with CC entry it was an absolute gong show, to the point where they had to actually compensate 1000s of people who missed the opener because they couldn't get in the building efficiently enough. :lol: Although to be fair, I'm sure other venues manage to handle it better. But in any case, they certainly aren't going to be checking your ID once you're inside the venue, so I'm not sure that's relevant.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i have used credit card entry many times for almost 10 years now and never had a problem. they almost never ask for picture id. all they care about is the credit card. springsteen first did it in 1999

• Options
    Sorry for the question if its obvious but do we NEED to transfer our +1?  If my wife and I are entering the venue together can I show my phone with the two tickets or do you think I'll need to transfer the second ticket to her phone?
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sarava said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Right. The venue would have to be crazy to agree to scanning phone codes AND to compare photo IDs to the info on the phone for every single ticket holder, both outside and inside the venue. That just isn't practical.
    I don't think it's anymore work than concerts that are ticketless and they look at your CC and ID when you enter. Those types of shows are more and more common.

The reason I'm thinking they will do this is - how the heck are they going to enforce the actual fan member using the tickets otherwise? People could enter their buddy's phone number (or the phone number of the guy they sell the tickets to) in to the system otherwise, and thus easily transfer/sell the tickets that way.
    Well, the last time I saw a show with CC entry it was an absolute gong show, to the point where they had to actually compensate 1000s of people who missed the opener because they couldn't get in the building efficiently enough. :lol: Although to be fair, I'm sure other venues manage to handle it better. But in any case, they certainly aren't going to be checking your ID once you're inside the venue, so I'm not sure that's relevant.
    So these people wouldn't be able to get into a Pearl Jam show, but could vote in California w/o a photo ID, of course one might argue that attending a Pearl Jam show is far more important than voting, lol
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Sorry for the question if its obvious but do we NEED to transfer our +1?  If my wife and I are entering the venue together can I show my phone with the two tickets or do you think I'll need to transfer the second ticket to her phone?
    I'm almost positive you can enter together using one phone.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253

No, if you are going in together you can leave both tix on one phone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    BS44325 said:
    I dig this new system. I was never a fan of the multiple memberships per household. This should get people to think twice about double/triple entering for the same draw. 
    Same. This is great for those of us that only use tix we win ourselves. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    my2hands said:
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sarava said:
    PJ_Soul said:

So these people wouldn't be able to get into a Pearl Jam show, but could vote in California w/o a photo ID, of course one might argue that attending a Pearl Jam show is far more important than voting, lol
    TBH, I don't even remember if they were checking IDs. They may have only been scanning CCs and still had a major problem. I think their scanning system crashed or something, lol. Eventually they just started letting people in with checking at all because U2 was about to come on stage and wouldn't wait for everyone any longer because of curfew. So at the point anyone could have just walked into the show. :lol: It was a clusterfuck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    My wife and I are both huge fans. Should only one of us have a membership and if so who should have it? 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sarava said:
    PJ_Soul said:

TBH, I don't even remember if they were checking IDs. They may have only been scanning CCs and still had a major problem. I think their scanning system crashed or something, lol. Eventually they just started letting people in with checking at all because U2 was about to come on stage and wouldn't wait for everyone any longer because of curfew. So at the point anyone could have just walked into the show. :lol: It was a clusterfuck.
    sounds like a cluster####
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    My wife and I are both huge fans. Should only one of us have a membership and if so who should have it? 
    You can both have one. But only the person with the low number should enter. They’ve all but confirmed to you that you’ll get in these shows. 
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm really happy about these changes because of this. The wheeling and dealing that went on between groups of friends before seemed kind of slippery to me. This kind of evens out the playing field a bit, and I'm glad.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm really happy about these changes because of this. The wheeling and dealing that went on between groups of friends before seemed kind of slippery to me. This kind of evens out the playing field a bit, and I'm glad.
    How is it slippery if they're sold for face value? 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    if dont have smartphone,10c will sort it  fopr u,just email them after u win the 10c tickets
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    It doesn't make sense to me that the Fan Verified presale registration deadline is before the 10C ticket drawing.  So we will have tons of people registering for a ticket presale they might not end up needing because they will draw 10C tickets.  Why wouldn't the Verified registration end after the 10C drawing so we can see if we're selected for 10C and if so, not bother with registering for the verified thing???
    Gorge
  • Options
    choop said:
    PJNB said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    You can both have one. But only the person with the low number should enter. They’ve all but confirmed to you that you’ll get in these shows. 
    You missed my point. You said we are the "problem". Both my wife and I love the band. Both have every right to enter the draw and win tickets. Not sure how this is a "problem" at all. 
  • Options
    I don't understand. In what way does this make things different from before, and selling your spare? 

(Except for the wife-example)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    I haven’t seen a show since 2013 but I’m at over 100 and since maybe 2006 or 2008 id wager that I saw an average of 20 people making deals at every show I went to. That’s 40 people who didn’t get tix during the initial sale. Fuck, my last show I didn’t even bother putting in for tix, and sure enough day of show I could have gotten dozens (but I pulled better than 10C seats on the day of show re-release). 

Its slippery because it shuts people out initially. 
  • Options
    ScreamHello_33ScreamHello_33 Orlando, FL Posts: 57
    Since we have to transfer tickets anyway, what if the Ten Club gave us the option to transfer/refund one or both of the tickets BACK to the Ten Club......with a deadline of, say, like May 1st.  That way: (1) It solves the problem of the husband and wife each having a pair and not being able to sit together, (2) It solves the problem of people (like myself) who are typically solo travelers and have to either eat or jump through hoops to sell a second ticket they never wanted to buy anyway, and (3) It, in theory, creates a pool of tickets for a secondary drawing for people who missed out on the first go-round - similar to what they did with Wrigley last year.  Who loses there?
  • Options
    I don't understand. In what way does this make things different from before, and selling your spare? 

People weren’t selling the spares, they sell the pair that was not as good as other pairs. 
  • Options
    choop said:

People weren’t selling the spares, they sell the pair that was not as good as other pairs. 
    That's fishy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    choop said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    I haven’t seen a show since 2013 but I’m at over 100 and since maybe 2006 or 2008 id wager that I saw an average of 20 people making deals at every show I went to. That’s 40 people who didn’t get tix during the initial sale. Fuck, my last show I didn’t even bother putting in for tix, and sure enough day of show I could have gotten dozens (but I pulled better than 10C seats on the day of show re-release). 

Its slippery because it shuts people out initially. 
    I get your point.  I guess I don't consider your example a bad thing because every paying ten club member had an equal opportunity to win the drawing.  

Btw I'm fine with the new policy.  I get why they're doing it.  
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I like the changes. There are a few drawbacks, like others have said, but no system will be perfect. I like to keep the hard ticket for a collectable, but oh well. Also sucks for those that don't have a smart phone, or have a Blackberry or Windows phone. I'm sure there's probably a contingency for that, but guess we'll find out later. It will be interesting to see if they print off a ticket after you scan your phone. I went to a concert last month that was mobile ticketing only at Bridgestone Arena here in Nashville, but they didn't print off a ticket for us. But no one checked tickets after you came in either and we were sitting in bottom part of lower bowl near the stage.